BY COMFORT ZONE #28 in Health & Grooming

Comfort Zone with Feliway Stress Reducing Pheromone for Kittens and Cats Don't let destructive behavior ruin your relationship with your cat. If something disrupts your cat's environment, such as a new pet, visitors, having a baby, moving to a new home or even rearranging the furniture, he may start urine marking, scratching or even stop eating. Comfort Zone(R) with Feliway(R) products help control destructive urine marking and scratching associated with fear or stressful situations. When your cat rubs his face on an object, or even you, he is releasing the feline facial pheromone that marks the area as familiar and safe. Comfort Zone with Feliway mimics this feline facial pheromone that helps a cat feel at home in his environment. When he senses this facial pheromone through the nasal passage, he recognizes it as familiar and does not feel the urge to urine mark or scratch. Features: One bottle lasts 4 weeks Does not affect humans or other pets Not a drug or tranquilizer; product is non-toxic and odorless Will calm stress associated with traveling, new home environments, and additions to family and other animals Will reduce or completely stop behaviors such as (but not limited to): scratching, spraying/urine marking, loss of appetite, and a reduced desire to play and interact Instructions: 1. Remove bottle cap 2. Screw diffuser onto the bottle and tighten 3. Plug into an electric socket in the room your cat is in most 4. Replace bottle after 4 weeks 5. Allow 90 days for best results Size: 48mL Ingredients: Analogue of Feline Facial Pheromone. 2% Excipients to. 100g How does it work? The diffuser works by using a heating element to disperse the pheromone into the air. Once the pheromone is present, the pet breathes it in, and the pheromone attaches to a receptive organ called the vomeronasal organ located in the nasal cavity. The vomeronasal organ then signals the brain, via nerves, and a sense of well-being is established. see more...

Krista M.
Krista M.
Burlington, NJ
As much as I saw a little improvement in my cat from using this, I wasn't willing to risk burning down my house. I received two diffusers and both started to smoke. When I took them out you could see that they were starting to burn around the plastic. Definitely a hazard and will look for other options.
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
Arvada, CO
We introduced a new cat to our house and I was particularly concerned about our old girl. I had read online that Feliway plug ins seem to do the trick to help cats with a stressful change like adding a new cat. I'm not sure the plug in actually helped our cat out with stress, considering I don't know what the alternative would have been. It was not an easy introductory period but I guess it could have been worse. I don't know if that was due to plugging in the Feliway diffuser or if it was just because our cats figured it out themselves. It was pretty expensive for something I'm not sure made much difference.
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Odessa, FL
not sure why there are such bad reviews but my cats act much better when i plug this in. I don't leave this plug in all the time just when we go to bed or when there is a lot of stress in the house. A new cat, moving to a new place, dealing with thunderstorms etc. It really helps them to be calmer. They don't act like zombies and still play but aren't destructive
Angie W.
Angie W.
Lake Stevens, WA
Used this product when we were introducing a new one year old cat to our one cat household.  It seemed that this did actually help the two cats get along and I tried to not go without it for the first few months, but it could also have been that our cats just got used to each other, hard to say if it really did work.
Shaye F.
Shaye F.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
I got this product when we got a new kitten. My older cat had a hard time acclimating to the new addition to the family and a friend recommended this product to me. It did absolutely nothing to calm or ease my older cat so I didnt bother buying a refill for the plug in. I really wanted this to work, bummer it didn't.
Moriah C.
Moriah C.
Columbia City, IN
I recently moved with my cat and this helps calm her some.  I have a fiesty calico and she has an opinion on EVERYTHING, also vocal and loud.  This diffuser helped along with a calming collar.  It can be a little bit pricy, but Amazon has some decent deals.
Dominike H.
Dominike H.
Rancho Cordova, CA
I wasn't seeing any improvement from my kitty. Then I noticed my plug is was making this weird scent. Sure enough the plastic was burning!!! Wouldn't recommend unless trying to start a fire lol! Won't buy again.
Fifi R.
Fifi R.
People swear by this stuff and it's just never worked for me. I'm in rescue and got this to ease skittish kitties and I've never noticed a difference in their behavior (tried on multiple cats). If left in the plug it gives out a burning smell. Pretty expensive for a product that may or may not work and is a potential hazard.
Xena J.
Xena J.
Pontiac, MI
Sometimes this helps, sometimes it doesn't, it seems like it depends on that cat. It is pretty expensive, I would probably classify this as a last ditch effort product.
Rachael R.
Rachael R.
Raleigh, NC
I find it's a hit or miss some cats do really well with it and other cats don't do well with it.
Safire P.
Safire P.
Elkhart, IN
The reviews aren't that great on this product, so I'm wondering has anyone tried anything else to help with their pets?
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
Glastonbury, CT
I have used this for about a year now, it seemed to help a little - but I was just wondering if anyone has ever had a cat that actually goes into the litter box, starts to pee, and then lifts their butt while they are peeing and pees outside the box? She's a 2 year old mixed cat, never had an issue until 6 months old when she had a horrible UTI and now she will just do this at least once a week, if not more.