BY COMCAST

• Why is that your monthly bill never matches the amount gi...6 Answers
  • Why does your monthly bill never match the amount given t...3 Answers
  • What's the best route to take in order to get the most nu...6 Answers
Kristina U.
When I moved into my new apartment I signed up for Comcast. The service kept going out so I called and they sent somebody to fix it. That visit did not fix the problem so apparently they needed to rewire my apartment with a new cable. I said ok and waited patiently for the contractor to show up. She was over an hour late and when she did show she said she does not do that kind of work. Fed up I just sent her away and called in again. Of course the next visit they send the same darn woman. I cave and just have her wire around my apartment complex, which we are not supposed to do but I just wanted service.

Fast forward a year or so and my bill is now 3X as much as it was when I first signed up for service! I called in agitated because my bill has got so big and the rep on the phone does little to help me. I threaten to cancel service and they transfer me to the customer retention department. Long story short, my bill is the same (ugh) but now I have the channels my fiance wants to watch and my price is locked in for two years. Lets see how long this lasts.
Kate P.
My roommates and I have had the worst time with Comcast, last year we had a contract with them for cable, Internet and landline. We had a router and modem already but when they showed up at the house they said that was the wrong kind of equipment, we were young and this was our first time dealing with a cable company so we agreed to rent their equipment for a fee, so now we had the plan plus the expense of the modem, router and cable box not to mention the additional boxes in each room we wanted to watch TV in. Our cable bill was over $100, fast forward to now, we've moved and had a different guy come out to set up just the internet because that's all you really need now with Netflix and everything. He looks at our router and modem that we had had before and just hooked it up, we now only pay $40 a month for subpar Internet.
Nikki G.
Annapolis, MD
Comcast is definitely the best provider I have ever used. I have also used Verizon and a local provider in the past. One time, my mom and I both had issues with our internet service (I was on comcast and she was with a local provider). We decided to call customer service at the exact same time to see who got their issue resolved more quickly. Within minutes I was on the phone with a HUMAN representative while my mom was still funneling through prerecorded messages. My issue with comcast was resolved in 20 minutes while my mother remained on hold well beyond that, stayed on the phone for close to 2 hours and was not satisfied with the resolution. Our internet is always fast. Only complaint is that we have had a few issues with billing but these were resolved promptly and to our full satisfaction.
Katie W.
Brackenridge, PA
Comcast's services them selves are great, the Internet is fast and reliable and the cable usually doesn't have any interruptions, BUT Comcast's prices are ridiculously expensive no matter what package you have, we have had to drop down to the basic cable channels(which are over half local for about $112) because its gotten so expensive, they jack up the price in the packages every single year and then they get mad and talk about the possibility of charging you for internet data like a cell phone for your home internet because people are dropping their cable services and going to things like Netflix or Hulu for of the dramatic price differences. Who really wants to pay for a package that is $112-200+ for a cable and internet package when you can just pay for internet and then get a service like Netflix for like $12 and get way more movies and shows then you would get with your cable. Also customer service at Comcast is pretty lacking. Over all just get Netflix and pay for internet its way cheaper.
Megan C.
Comcast. Comcast is something else. I use them because that's what's in the area. They provide pretty fast internet which I need to work from home. However - to get Internet alone is more expensive than getting a bundle. I don't need a home phone. Honestly - who uses that anymore. So I did cable and Internet. The most basic cable package they had. They didn't tell me what channels I get. Literally still don't know. The guide alway says something along the lines of "to be determined". Not helpful. And the pricing I got at signing up lasted 60 days? And then shot up $25 dollars. I called and they then offered me that same price AFTER they looked to see if it was a current offer. Only to tell me if its directly taken from my account. Nah - I don't need that. I pay my bills BEFORE they are due. They should've offered me the same deal without me needing to see my bill being $25 more. Drives me crazy. So I basically pay $100 per month for intetnet. I would switch - but this is all they have in my area.
Jaslyn C.
Hopkinton, MA
Techie Expert Level 1
Comcast has been apart of our family's provider for many years now. They are usually very friendly and try to answer any questions I myself may have; along with other family members, and friends that I know have had made comments or discussed amongst ourselves in public. Sometimes you may get stuck with a lousy employee who doesn't care to follow thru with there job, but for the most part Comcast has treated our whole family very well, and customer service have been very friendly, direct, eager , and thorough in any questions or services we have needed help with in the past. Billing with Comcast is usually done with an ease, though of course there can be times it doesn't go as you had planned or expected but that happens in all businesses so my overall rating of Comcast is 4 stars.
Vanessa M.
Comcast has the worst customer service, and I've experienced several outtages already this year. I pay my bill on time, and never have any problems connecting to the billing services, but anytime I have to do something involving customer service, it wastes hours of my time. Maybe if they spent more time and money on improving their customer service and less on cheesy ads, they would have more customers. I only use it because it's the only provider available to me. I dread having to call customer service and have to plan my day around it because sometimes it takes three hours to get a simple thing fixed. Ridiculous. Do not recommend.
Rachel R.
Bandon, OR
In my neck of the woods, so to speak, Comcast is one of the only services available and it has a reputation as the most reliable. I've had it about one year and have had no issues with dependability. That said, customer service was terrible when I initially was trying to set up service. I had to call many times with questions before I could get a straight answer about services. I was sent to the website, but I could not finish the setup online, the last part of the setup would always come to a message that I had to call customer service. I'm guessing that is because of where I live, but it can only be a guess, since customer service obviously doesn't know. I signed up for a package plan at a promotional rate which is supposed to last for three years, though I could not get any documentation to that fact. Nor could customer service tell me what it would cost to get the services individually, for example internet but no cable. What!?! I'm giving this company four stores because after getting through the initial setup, the technicians were efficient and easy to work with, and did some problem solving with the lines without needing to come back later or add charges. I also have had no technical problems after setup.
amanda b.
Vandergrift, PA
I have been a comcast Customer for years. But lately ive been having some cable and internet problems. Thier customer service is horrible. For example my Internet was not working so i called. I spoke to over 6 different people and not 1 was helping me. They lied to me to get me off the phone because i was getting upset. They reset my Internet without asking me and re messed it up and wouldn't send someone to fix it. They are also expensive. Finally after 4 hours and over 6 people i finally got someone to listen to me and help me slove the problem. He fixed the problem with in 5 mintues. They just don't take time to listen to you and a lot of them don't speak English which makes it hard to understanf them and have them understand me. Comcast os very frustrating
Adam S.
Comcast sucks. I like the layout of the TV set up, but they have the worst customer service ever! They keep connecting you to different people over and over again. Its like they don't want to talk to you and keep you as a customer. They charge so many fees. They send you so many bills in the mail, they tack on charges that weren't even necessary!! My bill was supposed to be $80 each month. after 4 months (didn't buy any movies, just watched normal tv) they brought my bill up to $150. After a year, they added even more charges and now its about $200+ dollars. I finally got sick of them and canceled them. The day after i canceled them, a comcast guy was AT MY DOOR banging on it asking for the equipment and remotes. Nothing like complete disrespect for your customers.
Beth L.
Feeding Hills, MA
Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
David V.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
How do you feel about their On Demand?
Himashi A.