BY COMCAST

• Why does your monthly bill never match the amount given t...3 Answers
  • What's the best route to take in order to get the most nu...6 Answers
Lilli J.
Dunwoody, GA
HELP! I am stuck with comcast! They are liars and cheats. They are the only company in my area that does not require a contract. I am a college student and I lose internet daily once even while I was taking a test online. That is not ok with me I take school really seriously. Also, when I was signing up for the service I told the sales person I subscribe to netflix and hulu and only want a basic TV package for local channels. NEVER did he say I would be capped on the amount of data I can use. I run out of data every month due to netflix and hulu. I not have to pay an additional $35 per month to have unlimited data... it is just getting to be so expensive and I still lose internet during tests. I even contacted corporate and he wasn't even listening and would respond with candid sentences that had nothing to do with what I asked. Next step, I might email the CEO. I DO NOT RECCOMEND.
Hannah K.
Bordentown, NJ
I am actively looking into switching providers. Service has been unreliable. A year ago I bought my own modem/router when my old one stopped working - I called comcast and got a list of ones that were serviceable and bought one of the ones they recommended. Several months later it was providing irregular service. After numerous calls and having a technician come out, I finally decided to try renting one. Since then, my service is more reliable but fees have been bumped up twice (not just for the new rental) without any notice. They have told me that they can't consistently e-mail notices to any e-mail that isn't a Comcast address. I have records documenting five calls over a three month period to try to rectify the same billing issue, each time having it supposedly "resolved" only to find out that it wasn't. Everyone has been friendly and helpful, but it's just a poor service.
Angie S.
Assonet, MA
Comcast is great in terms of internet speed. The customer service is wonderful. I have NEVER had an issue dealing with anyone from Comcast. The reason I am giving them only 1 star is because they have made it impossible for anyone in my community to go with any other company. They own all of the lines in my town and are unwilling to let any other company come into the area. I had to leave my job to stay home with my kids for financial reasons. We decided to leave comcast and go with verizon fios. I bought an amazon fire box and sighned up for amazon prime. after switching to verizon I was unable to use it. I later found out from a Verizon tech that Fios was unavailable in my town because Comcast will not allow them to. I then had to leave Verizon and go back to Comcast. They also constantly raise their rates while simultaneously take things away. I decided to buy my own modem and router to save money. The new modem was working great, super fast. I called Comcast because they were still charging me the rental fee for their modem, the next day I had slow internet. I don't like their sneaky underhanded tactics
Elizabeth P.
Astoria, NY
We use Comcast for Internet (Wifi) and Cable . It is very slow. Does not reach that far in our home (we have a small single story home with no basement either). The internet goes in and out if its windy or raining. When we call they blame it on other issues, like our computer. Even though we use two laptops, and a desktop. (Which we don't usually use at the same time). We pay $140 a month with no special channels or anything special. They are not helpful on the phone. Today we called and they told use the problem was with our 1 year modem. However, we've been having problems for years and just got tired of calling. Got a new modem and cable box today. We were also given a smaller box for our main cable box. Does not even show time or channel, and not this remote you speak too that they keep advertising everywhere. We're paying the same but service has decreased.
Alyssa S.
Katy, TX
When we moved we couldn't bring our cable company with us and due to where our apartment was located we were only able to get Comcast for cable. First off Comcast only broadcasts in 720 instead of 1080. So that amazing TV you just bought is worthless. We paid $50 a month for our internet service and it never worked. EVER. We called customer service and the said "wow it looks like everyone in your area has poor signal strength". So we were paying an outrageous price for terrible connection. When the technician came out he told us it was our equpment. Which we knew was not the case because we bought brand new equipment and it did not improve. Finally we became so frusterated with the terrible serivce that we cancelled our internet and cable through Comcast and went back to just having internet with AT&T. We were worried because the connect was suppose to be slower. Well so far AT&T is a millions times better than Comcast, regardless of the speed. I would rather not have cable than give this terrible company any of my hard earned money. My husband asked if I could give Comcast a F-. I would if I could.
Caitlin P.
Arlington, VA
A review in comcast? Haha ok, where do I start. Their customer service is literally the worst in the world. I'm pretty sure I'd get better service in hell. And if something goes wrong, forget about getting it fixed in a timely manor. They say they guarantee withing an hour of when they'll show up, try 6 hours. Comcast is also really good at suddenly charging extra for something that was once free. They are totally invasive too. It's none of their business what websites I visit and I shouldn't get noticed about it. And you can absolutely forget about trying to cancel service with them. Not only will it take the entire day to finish that phone call but when you try to return all their stuff, you're they're for at least 4 hours and they always have terrible parking and only 1 person working. I could literally go on for the next few hours, but I think you get the point.
Emily H.
Pacific, WA
I have used comcast as my service provider for years now and at first I loved it. back when u first got high speed Internet they had the fastest and best priced Internet in my area and their customer service was amazing. as time has gone on my bill that was reasonable to start has continued to go up, while comcast had changed the way the packages are removing channels and making you pay for a bundle you don't want to get it back. their customer service had declined so much so that a family member was able to walk in to a local store and add equipment to my account when I was not with them and they are not on the account. every time I call their customer service all they do is try to sell me more not help me fix the problem. they are still one of the only cable company's available in my area, that's probably the only reason they actually have customers here.
Emma H.
Tallahassee, FL
It's impossible to reach a helpful representative. I would say about 50% of the time you can reach someone, they're really nice, but completely clueless. The other 50% of the time they're rude and just as clueless. My wifi is terrible and my room is about 10 feet from the router, they made excuses for this and convinced us to upgrade (double the price) so the wifi would be actually usable in my room. We did so and it made no difference. We asked to go back to our original plan, and they said it didn't exist, and it never existed. They finally came out to look and said that since it was on the bottom shelf of a wall unit it might not be working there, so they moved it to the top shelf and left. Obviously that did absolutely nothing. Just clueless. Don't get comcast, don't let someone you love get comcast, don't even let someone you hate get comcast.
An S.
Naples, FL
I hate dealing with Comcast. Nothing ever goes smoothly. I could go on forever talking about the problems I have had with their service, and mostly with their customer service. Most recently they offered a 30-day free trial of their basic cable service, which we didn't have. We took them up on the offer, found that our TV antenna gave them a better picture, returned the equipment before the 30 days were up and were still charged for the month. When I called to complain, the person on the phone told us we didn't qualify for the free trial and if someone at their Xfinity store promised it, we have to go back there and "fight it out" with them. Unbelievable. Also, their Internet is supposed to be Blast but it doesn't function any better than a lesser Internet provider provided at our prior address, yet we have to pay a lot more for it. If there was some way to deal with anyone other than Comcast we would dump them in a NY minute! Unfortunately, we just moved to a new home and there is no other provider in this area. WE are stuck with Comcast! If I could rate them a 0 I would.
Andrea S.
We only use comcast because they have the fastest internet available in our area. they have somewhat shady billing practices and tell you what your base monthly charge is to lock you into a contract but conveniently forget to mention that it is a base price and that they will add on a number of hidden charges you won't know about until you receive your first bill. I asked multiple times while on the phone with them what my total monthly charge would be and was told a certain amount over and over again. When I received my first bill it was $35 more than they had told me, when I called to ask about it they just said the original person I talked to must not have quoted me the correct price. They are a terrible company but par for the course as far as cable and internet providers go. I have never had a good experience with any cable or internet company.
Beth L.
Feeding Hills, MA
Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
David V.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
How do you feel about their On Demand?
Himashi A.