BY COMCAST

• Why is that your monthly bill never matches the amount gi...6 Answers
  • Why does your monthly bill never match the amount given t...3 Answers
  • What's the best route to take in order to get the most nu...6 Answers
Pamela S.
I have been a comcast subscriber for several years. I like the variety of services and the convenience provided with my subscription. Having cable, phone service, and internet with one provider keeps things simplistic. However, the price is quite expensive and I have technical problems a few times a year. I live in an older home. Comcast is the one who came out and installed all of my cables in my house, but I have had multiple problems in the past 10 years. I have ended up having to pay a monthly charge in addition to my bill so that I don't get stuck with a bill when they have to come out on a service call and something on my end in the house is the problem. Seems excessive when they are the ones that installed everything. To top it off the pole is located at the end of my property in my backyard, so when there are problems in the area, the workmen have to go in my backyard. Wouldn't be a problem if it was on occasion. However, they are here minimum once a month.
Shelisha W.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Comcast is a pretty great service overall at least until you have a problem. Why is it great ? Well, I personally use internet and cable. I have a tv box that allows me to pause and rewind television if I catch a show before it ends. I can watch on demand on my computer, phone or tablet. I can use Xfinity wifi on the go , most of the time, without having to use dicey wifi services. Recently , I had an internet problem at home and it took three telephone calls an two service visits before it was finally resolved. I was aggravated with the process because the technician did not do what they were supposed to do the first visit which was redo my line.. The person on the phone had already told me that was needed. Instead, they gave me a new modem , added a filter then left. Needless to say I experienced frequent internet service interruptions and after several telephone calls, a no show service visit and finally a second visit. I got a technician that did their job!!
This is the service my grandmother has used for years. She has had a lot of trouble out of Comcast, but she still knows their the best cable and internet provider. The prices are absolutely outrageous if you ask me. My grandmothers bill is over 100$ a month just for basic land line, cable and internet. Its absolutely ridiculous. Simple cable, landline, and wifi should not be 100$ a month. Its completely overpriced. Sometimes she hears an echo in her phone, sometimes the calls are dropped, sometimes other landlines get intertwined with hers, and she hears other people's conversations. Its like pulling a leg to get someone from comcast to come out here and fix something if theirs a problem. I love their internet, but basic cable, and landline should only be 20$ together a month. And 50$ for internet, so the total should come out to 70$ a month, not over 100. Comcast does not get a good rating from me, because their wayy overpriced. Just for high speed internet is 70$ here in Tennessee.
Kimberly M.
Middletown, CT
I would happily SWITCH providers if I could! Unfortunately, there are no other options in my area. Comcast rates are awful, and my service goes out regularly. Internet down in the middle of the day for 3 hours while trying to work from home?! Happens all the time! I hate calling them because it always takes at least 30 minutes, and even when I do call, many times the issue isn't resolved. Last time I called, I was on the phone for 25 minutes before they told me there was a "service outage" in my area and there was nothing they could do fix it. The time before that, they had screwed up my move order, so I couldn't get service for 3 days after moving in AND the price went up once I got service! It's just ridiculous, and their customer service is awful. The only way I've gotten a good response was recently on Twitter (where they don't want people talking badly about them). I can't wait to move out of this area so I can get a new provider because anything would be better than this!
Casey W.
Chico, CA
Comcast is finicky. They used to have a pretty great system going that would occasionally black out and the box would reset. However now, they have updated to a new system with a different box and after one month with the box, I have to take it in to the store to get a new one. The entire box and every channel have on numerous occasions blacked out for more than 5 minutes, which causes the recordings to lose those 5 minutes as well. This box also cuts sound out almost every time the fast forward or rewind button is pressed. Every time this happens, we have to turn the TV off and back on again to get the sound to work again.
Their service provided is still good and their customer service is also still great. They have been very nice about our malfunctioning box (although they have said we aren't the first people with this problem).
Their internet service is good. It's fast and reliable, and doesn't slow down with multiple people on the wifi.
Diana J.
North Port, FL
My family uses Comcast only because we don't have any other options where we live, other than satellite, which we do not want. We have a lot of problems with Comcast. Internet service, cable service, customer service when we call, and it's difficult to get someone on the phone who knows what they are talking about. It's also difficult because it's hard to understand most of the customer service reps. When we go directly to the Comcast office, there is usually a long wait, the people are rude and problems are not always solved. One thing that does bother me is the DVR. We are supposed to be able to record up to 5 programs at once. It does not work. We can record 2, and have to watch one of them. We can't go to another channel without cancelling the recording of one of the other channels. The best part about Comcast is On Demand, which is why I gave 3 stars. You have access to so many movies and TV shows. I really enjoy it. Other than that, we have a lot of problems and if you have another option, I would not recommend going with Comcast.
Paige S.
Let me make this story short for anyone reading, because otherwise it will be a novel:

I ordered internet and TV, all my equipment came and the TV equipment was wrong and lacking the correct cords as well. I called, they told me to go buy the cords I needed at Best Buy. Really? Nice. I told them no, I will be cancelling my TV due to the awful service I had for 4 hours on the phone. Hanging up on me during conversations, transferring me to other departments that the employees knew were closed and the system would hangup on me as well, telling me incorrect prices, charging me for services I do not have...need I go on? So, A MONTH LATER a Comcast employee comes to pick up my incorrect Cable boxes two hours late and texts me prior to coming by and tells me that he isn't coming because Comcast said I called them and cancelled the pick-up...WHAT?! Now, here we are...3 months later and I am still being billed the wrong price for just my internet, and Comcast is the only company with internet service around me. Don't let them fool you with their THIRD PARTY INTERNET SERVICE! You will never get an answer about anything. Don't waste your time if you have the option of another service...
Leah G.
Literally the worst. Kept deactivating our service for no reason and then I would have to call and see what's up, then they'd explain it was deactivated despite 1) them setting up a new cable system only weeks prior and 2) automated billing so nothing fell behind. And this is only our current residence, and says nothing of the horrendous customer service when we had issues at our previous home.

Oh also I would like to mention that when we were moving and needed to return our cable box/remote, they scanned everything and then billed us for a remote we didn't return when we actually had returned it. Then it was calling them and spending no less than 45 minutes on the phone trying to get someone to remedy the situation.

Have recently made it so that we only use Comcast for the most basic channels and Internet. The less we have to deal with Comcast the better. I would warn you away from them but honestly there are pretty much no other options. Good luck, friends.
Shelly T.
N Miami Beach, FL
Despicable company without integrity or standards and truly the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I have had this service for a number of years as they have monopolized the market in my area and I experience several service interruptions EVERY WEEK - sometimes 4 or more times IN ONE DAY - and this has occurred at four separate rental homes. Despite the incessant issues they still attempt to charge to send a technician and do nothing to compensate for the lengths of time you are without service. I work from home and because my service is so bad I am constantly under the threat of termination as my connection is constantly failing and cutting off my conferences. As if paying such a high cost for such disgusting service isn't bad enough, they now want to attempt to further gauge their customers by capping data, forcing customers to pay astronomical additional fees for usage that is inevitable and unavoidable for people like me, which will now more than DOUBLE my current bill each month. They refuse to provide service packages that will cover people who use more than average in data , like those of us who work from home, as enforcing a set price for every 50g will ensure they more efficiently rob their customers. I have NEVER had a month of consistent, uninterrupted service from comcast in over ten years of being enslaved by them and I loathe them with every fiber of my being. PLEASE select an alternative if there is one available to you!!!
Ariel G.
I may be the odd one out, but I absolutely LOVE Comcast. Anytime that I have had a problem, I have been able to get ahold of their Customer Service and they have always gotten it taken care of. Their services work great and I barely ever have any outages. I had a good package with them that included Cable (small package, 1 tv, dvr), and Internet (50mbps). Their door-to-door salesmen were out one day and stopped by, and although my contract wasn't completely over, they offered me a larger package with a new promotion FOR THE SAME PRICE I was already paying. I didn't have to pay any installation fees or any fees for changing my package before the end of the contract. The new package is a two year contract, but has a 3 year price lock and includes Cable (most channels available, 2 tvs, dvr on both), Internet (150mbps), AND home security! I'm very impressed with their services and their dedication to me as a customer.
Beth L.
Feeding Hills, MA
Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
David V.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
How do you feel about their On Demand?
Himashi A.