BY COMCAST

• Why does your monthly bill never match the amount given t...3 Answers
  • What's the best route to take in order to get the most nu...6 Answers
Samantha M.
Winchester, VA
I've had Comcast for internet abd TV for about 3 months and it's been an overall pleasant experience. The quality abd speeds of the Wi-Fi are great. I've only had maybe 2 or 3 instances of the Wi-Fi going out for a minute or 2. I have very basic cable. I only got cable because the Wi-Fi MBPS I wanted was cheaper in a package that included cable. I mostly use Netflix and Hulu for TV and movie watching, which does not lag at all with the Wi-Fi! I can't say much about about the channels, because I have have the very basic ones, but I am quite impressed with the On Demand selection. I do have a few issues with Comcast Xfinity, the hold times for customer services number are crazy long! I'm also being charged for a wifi modem every month that I've never used and sent back as soon as they sent it to me, because I decided to buy my own. I've called and told them this several times, yet it still keeps showing up on my bill. I also hate the way their billing is. Getting 2 bills a month is extremely confusing. But overall, the quality and pricing is great. As long as they take this extra $10 a Month charge for a modem off my bill, then I will continue to use Comcast, and recommend them!
Tracy B.
Louisville, TN
I have had Comcast for over a year now and if I were allowed to have another provider in my apartment complex then I would switch in a heartbeat. It's a bit pricey and there are ALWAYS discrepancies on our bills. There are something like 100,000 Comcast employees and it seems like none of them are on the same page, and you will never speak to the same one twice. For almost the entire first year we were being charged $10-30 extra every single month for data overages and whenever I'd call about it they'd insist it was because we exceeded the whopping 300GB! FINALLY after the year was over and we were trying to sort out a huge mess of a bill (where they tried to charge us over $200 for a service we didn't have!) they sent us a new box -lo and behold it WAS a data leak, just as we said it was, and we haven't even come close to using the 300GB since.
However, it's been a snowball effect of bad business since then. Weeks of calling every other day or so and writing one very intense letter finally got me on the phone with a woman from corporate who promised to make everything better . . it really did sound promising. Here we are though, trying to sort out another ridiculous bill. If I went into detail of every issue we've had with them . . *sigh* . . the only reason I gave them 2 stars instead of 1 (or zero!) is because their 75 mbps is great, if you have the money and patience to keep it.
Regina J.
Waukegan, IL
I have a love hate relationship with Comcast. I picked up a modem to add internet service to my account on Wednesday. Instead of just adding the internet they changed my service and I lost half my channels. I was told the incorrect way to install the modem and it didn't work so I had to schedule for a technician to come out (was told this would be free-it wasn't-I had to pay $50). Called to get the channels fixed back to what they were & the agent decided to cancel my scheduled service call. Called back Thursday and was told a technician would be out Friday at 10am-no one showed up. Instead the agent who told me someone would be here Friday morning scheduled my appointment for Saturday afternoon & just told me someone would be here Friday to get me off of the phone. The technician who showed up Saturday apologized and complained about the idiots at the company he works for. Comcast has got to get better & hire people who know what they are doing and not someone who can get through calls quickly. Those super productive agents are going to cost them customers as they are not listening or helping anyone .
Chelsi S.
The product is great, but I would simply not recommend if any other options are available because service is horrible. When I moved they were running a deal. My new home was not set up with for it so they set it up. I assumed it came with using the contract. Instead I was billed $500 for this. When I called to complain because no one ever told me this I was told someone should have and it would be turned over to a collection agency and my credit score would suffer. I decided to keep it even though I was frustrated for having to pay this much.
When I set it up originally I paid for the servicing plan so I didn't have to pay for service calls. I was having issues and they couldn't get it fixed for a month. On my next bill I had a $60 charge for servicing. They said it was because it was with the hardware and not the service! How was I supposed to know?! They said if I had brought it in I wouldn't have been charged. Once again... no one told me. The serviceman changed it while I was doing laundry. I had no idea they would charge for that when I was paying a fee so they wouldn't! Would NOT use comcast.
Jessica P.
Emmaus, PA
Comcast is a frustrating company to deal with. Unfortunately we have two options and they both insist you buy a huge package. Sure, you can get around it, but they practically charge you the same amount to have just Internet service and the connection is awful. We live in a condo complex and the connection can range from ok and useable to creeping along. Their customer service is an absolute pain to deal with - the only up side is their Internet chat. But it takes multiple calls to fix an issue and even then, it might not be fixed. You also have to call to reset the password they give you, so good luck remembering or ever getting it right. My husband has tried to get me added as an authorized person on the account (I'm a stay at home mom, so it only makes sense); a year and multiple calls later, it's still not right. So since it's a virtual monopoly and you have two not-awesome companies to choose from in our area, it's a complete crapshoot. Live without Internet, is the best advice I can give if you don't feel like dealing with a huge annoying company!
Monique R.
Literally hate all cable companies! BUT where I live they have comcast and they don't allow direct tv or anything like that. The reasoning for the 2⭐️ Score is because the prices! I know they are trying to stay comparable with the other companies but $130 for any cable is just TDM! My cable we installed and the installer told me the outlet in my room was not hooked up right. So he ran the cable from my room to the living room tv and added a splitter. 😐 I called the rental office the next week and told them that I had to have to cable stretched across my doorway since the outlet in my room was never installed correctly. (Comcast dude told me the wiring was not in the wall) The apt. Maintence man came by and bam! Found the wire!! I called Comcast and they said "you didn't sign up for our inside wireless Maintence plan so it's $50 for our installer to come back out!" I tried to explain that it wasn't installed correctly in the first place since the installer said the cable wasn't in the wall! They wanted to hear no part of it and stand by the $50 fee to have him come back out! 😡😡 So the cable is across the doorway and I signed up for a 2 year contract! So needless to say I think the fee is ridiculous an unfair and the fact that the cable installer told me a problem existed when in reality it didn't exist.
The service has been pretty solid, the internet has been pretty solid but the customer service issue makes me not a fan.
Pedersen J.
Fort Myers, FL
I have a love hate relationship with Comcast. Most recently their customer service has been great and they haveven been so helpful. I wish they would send something out letting you know your promotion will end on whatever date or have something like an expiration date on the bill itself so it's there as a reminder. I feel like I'm always calling for a charge increase explanation. Just last week I called to see why my "self service" $10 discount wasn't on the bill, the man was a little cocky & said we did our half but you didn't do your half by signing up for auto pay. Had I been told the last 3 times I called (they had to manually take the $10 off each time) I would have set it up. They lack communication between the supervisors & employees relaying correct info to customers & no thorough communication between the employee & customer to be sure this doesn't happen. In the end I lost the discount I feel I should have had because I did what I was told, I went paperless, nothing was mentioned about auto pay.
Raj F.
I have had Comcast for years now. I have to say that at one point they were monopolized the cable industry in my area so their level of customer service was horrible. Today with the implementation of Xfinity, they have gotten better with their customer service. Although it meets my expectation for service, there is one thing that is really becoming an issue with cable providers. The price for the service is skyrocketing. With all of the new technological changes and advancements, it does not surprise me that the cost of cable with comcast has risen to a point that in order to pay for cable and internet, you pretty much have to pay a car note. With all the services needed to make sure your cable stay functionable and all the equipment (and cost), you are paying well over $125 a month for a lot of stuff that we don't watch. That is what we are paying for cable for 3 tv's, on demand, and internet. But for a person that is home all day and does not specify what they would watch, then Comcast is definitely the way to go.
Daniell G.
I have a love-hate relationship with Comcast. I love how fast their internet speed is compared to the other available options in my area and that is about it. Their service is over priced and my bill is always higher than it should be. I pay $20 a month for my HD DVR which is outrageous but without it my husband will miss many of the shows that he enjoys watching when he gets home at night. Their customer service department is impossible to deal with. I always expect to be on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes and usually get disconnected at least once. We decided to change our TV package in late 2015. The representative that assisted me asked what channels we watched the most in an effort to find the best package to fit our needs. He either neglected to disclose, or didn't know, that after the 1st of the year they would be changing what channels are included in each package. We lost most of our favorite channels when that change occurred. At this point the next call I make will be to cancel our cable TV service.
tamara m.
Seatac, WA
Comcast has some cool features, the internet is quick, the voice remote is pretty cool. and it makes it easy to find a movie you want to see. I don't like that the plans are pretty pricey and most of the channels I don't get. I also don't like that some shows take forever to go on demand.
Beth L.
Feeding Hills, MA
Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
David V.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
How do you feel about their On Demand?
Himashi A.