3.04 / 5 based on 7,327 Reviews
Top Questions See all 70 Q&A
- "They add bogus charges to your account and when you go through the immense pain of calling them to get it taken care of you can tell their customer service representatives knew it was wrong because they just cancel the charge." in 85 reviews
- "They are the best cable service for quality in my opinion though because if its storming your signal doesn't get lost because its not a satelitte dish like most other cable companies." in 9 reviews
- "They always say "let me see what promotions we have for you" and your bill never seems to be the same amount every month." in 8 reviews
- "I so dislike this cable company there prices go up constantly,they have very horrible customer service." in 7 reviews
- "I'm was trying to get cable for my dorm, and every time I thought I was finally going to get someone to help me, they would hang up (I was hung up on twenty times that day)." in 7 reviews
Comcast service is often ureliable at best. There is a lot of cutting out and sound issues we experience regularly, even after calling Comcast with the problems. Often, customer service is poor and we find ourselves continuing our services simply because we can't find anything else.
I wish there was a way to give them ZERO stars. They are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. They charge for random things and their customer service is TERRIBLE!! I got stuck with them as an only option when I moved into an apartment building. Avoid if at all possible.
I adore the actual service of Comcast! My internet is super fast, cable is extremely reliable and the installers were amazing. But when I try to call to get help or ask questions, it's the most annoying process. After getting the initial install and being all set up, it's been amazing!
Comcast is good but they have really bad internet connection problems. It is affordable but sometimes they try to bill you for things that you didn't buy. Customer is okay but they could be really better.
Comcast is one of the only providers in my area, but I like it overall. I like the layout of their channel menus, and its easy to maneuver and figure out. Like all companies, its not perfect but it works.
I have never had a problem with Comcast! They're great. The channels are nice and expansive. It is not too expensive from my understanding. The quality of the network is great and it always comes in clear.
Over the years we've had small issues with this provider but nothing that they can't fix or help you with. They're very accodomadating and thankfully service has never gone out or become choppy during storms or winds. We recently upgraded to a new package with the X1 system and faster internet and it was the best decision made, especially because it ended up being cheaper than our older plan!
Comcast is so muc better than other cable companies tried in the past. They never up the rates and the Internet is so fast and I love he option of having on demand to watch any movie or show that I want.
Three stars here. We have been customers of Comcast for seven years. The service, when working properly, is good. But we constantly have slow service and our service randomly stop working. We've had technicians out to check on the equipment and it is in perfect working order, so the problem rests with the Comcast Internet itself. If there service were more consistent, I would rate a star higher.
Decent price for varying levels of service. I have always used Comcast. Some areas they are great, others they are terrible. Customer service is almost always useless. But, for the most part I get my cable TV and cable internet and they work fine, so I guess I can't complain too much.
Q & A
Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
Considering leaving Comcast. Alternatives are AT&T uverse, DirecTV and Dish... anyone had experience with switching to one of my options? better experience? pricing? thanks in advance
How do you feel about their On Demand?
Anyone actually have a good experience with comcast? The last time I can remember was back in 2007 when they would automatically change my bill at the end of my contract to continue the promotion for $29 for internet service.
What's the best route to take in order to get the most number of channels while keeping your bill relatively low?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos