BY COMCAST

• Why does your monthly bill never match the amount given t...3 Answers
  • What's the best route to take in order to get the most nu...6 Answers
Ainsley F.
Portland, OR
God, just the worst! It's no wonder they have the lowest stars I've seen thus far on this website. Their prices are outrageous and their customer service is not good whatsoever. I've had to threaten to leave multiple times just to get my prices back to what they were the whole year before (and this happens every year).
Tara H.
Coconut Creek, FL
UUgghhh! I have been a Comcast customer for about 8years! Within the last two years they have been terrible! There is always an issue with billing. I had no special channels and was paying 150 a month. The customer service is ok but they also screwed up my whole transfer of service and I had to wait three days to get everything set up at my new place. Overall I would only recommend this compny if you get a new customer promotion. If not its better to get a Firestick or use those new TV Streaming apps!
Gail S.
Grand Rapids, MI
I will never interact with this company. Yes I had a owing bill and wanted to receive cable again and when I called they tell me I had to pay the bill in full before they will connect me back on again. So I paid the amount in full so they came out and reconnected my service with TV, Phone and Internet I had service for with them for over 2 years and had the service auto pay when the company can automatically withdrawn your payment from your account. But after about 2 years or so went buy I get a bill from Comcast saying that I owed this back payment and they were going to add this payment to my bill. I was in shock, I also explain to them that I had to pay this bill before I could have had service right now. But they argued with me and say that they applied that money to current bills and did I notice that some months that my bill was not as much. Oh they said that's my mistake and I turned Comcast off and never paid them a dime since then. I guess that will be on my credit report forever and I don't care. I will never associate with Comcast because of those factors and I still have the paper work today with the receipt and the bill and everything indicating their mistake and they still will not acknowledge. So I use AT&T have great service. My daughter has Comcast and complains everyday of her internet service and streaming. She checked to see where there is a tower and its way over on the other side of the State and she see why she has crappy service she said once her contract is over with them she is transferring her service to another company. Not a good company not at all. If I can honestly rate the company it would be a 0.
Kerrie M.
Nashville, TN
If I could give negative stars...this would be the one for them. My biggest issue with Comcast lies in their customer service. I cancelled my cable by calling and speaking to a CS rep in Nov. 2015, he assured me that it was cancelled. Come January, I have issues with my cable and get credited that month, and the following month. Okay, so here I am in Feb, at the end of the month-when I get a bill in the mail for almost $400 in "unpaid, backdated services". I called CS and pitched a fit, I was transferred more times than I could count and finally had the news broken to me that technically in order to cancel my cable-I needed to submit a certified letter in order to do so...WHAT?! I have never had such poor experience with a company and even while on the phone for almost 2 hours, I was still being offered "deals" on cable that I was trying to get officially cancelled. Then they claimed that they never had the confirmation that I turned in my cable equipment. Sooo I was being charged for services that I HAD NO WAY TO WATCH. It was beyond ridiculous. I still have internet with them and just barely-they credited my account a free month so I'm sticking around with that..for now. DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THEIR DISCOUNTS! It is an absolute nightmare to cancel
JayLynn E.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
I have a love and hate relationship with Comcast. No matter how many times we use a deal or plan it always end up being more expensive than was quoted. The Internet speeds is good but sometimes it will be slow or maintenance would occurs when we are highly in use of it. So everyone will experience different things with this company but it will do for now.
Dennis Y.
Los Angeles, CA
The largest cable provider in America. Comcast. You would think they would get it together with so many subscribers. Wrong! They know they can over charge for their service and they do. they are terribly expensive. Don't get me wrong. The internet speeds are fast. The cable works and the on demand service is great to have. But in order to get the channels you actually watch and to have that great internet speed, you will need to pay an arm and a leg. Comcast has some decent promotions for new customers. The downside is that it usually lasts for a few months and then the real charges start to show. Price increases of up to 300% at times. And as an existing customer, the promotional options are very slim. You can call to complain and try to get your bill reduced but savings will be minimal and usually for a very short term before you have to call again. As far as reliability, they are good. I usually don't have outages or disruptions unless there is a major storm. I haven't really had any technical issues as well. It does take a long time to get to a solution when you do need to call customer service. It sounds like all of the representatives read from a rebuttal book. All of the same generic answers and no help. And if you do get a service person to show up, they give you an outrageous window of time where you need to take the entire day off of work. And there's a service visit fee. There are also random taxes and fees that show up on your bill. I think they make some of those fees up just to get a few more bucks out of you.
AMANDA M.
Bourbonnais , IL
A reliable company with service but very much over-priced and not really worth what you get. IT looks like we get a lot of channels, but they just repeat the channels over and over. I hate that we still even pay for TV. We pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime. We may be getting rid of Comcast altogether. Edit to post on 1/31/18: We are now cable-free!! We will be switching to another internet provider as well. Our bill had reached $230 for channels we really didn’t want and internet that was never at the speed we were paying for. Always rude service and I am okay without it. We have Netflix, Hulu and bought an antenna on Amazon. So happy to be rid of their cable and can’t wait to switch our internet to another provider. I truly do not like to give bad reviews. But we tried for over a year to figure out a different package for our family to no avail. We made several calls and stopped in their local office many times to see if we could get a package that wasn’t as much money.  I have co-workers with the same or comparable packages and pay less than half of what we were paying. I am now telling my family and friends about the antenna and other things to get some basic services and get rid of cable once and for all.
Rebecca S.
Hayward, CA
Overpriced monopoly I am forced to use due to lack of options for entertainment and internet providers. The service goes out CONSTANTLY. I do not get to deduct the many, many hours of NON-SERVICE caused by their outages, but they get to charge me extra if I miss my bill by a few hours on the due date now that I'm on a paperless billing system that they pressured me into. I would give anything to have a free market for internet providers! I am locked into the TV service just to keep my internet costs minimal, and now a phone I don't use (triple play) also to lower my bill in spite of how wasteful it is. THE NEW INTERNET MODEMS ALSO BROADCAST A FREE SIGNAL TO STRANGERS IN MY HOME'S VICINITY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, AND COMCAST DOES NOT INFORM ITS CUSTOMERS THAT THEY ARE PROVIDING FREE WIFI TO THE WORLD!!! I had to find this out through private research, and it is no simple task to turn off this free broadcast from my modem. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY $150 A MONTH SO STRANGERS CAN MOOCH OFF MY INTERNET? WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR A PHONE I DON'T USE? WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR SERVICE THAT IS DOWN AS MUCH AS 25% OF THE MONTH????? I seriously HATE Comcast with the passion of a thousand burning suns.
Ashley W.
Waukegan, IL
I tried AT&T for a couple years but didn't really like it, so switched to Comcast. I think the quality for internet and cable is much better, though going to a Comcast service center is a pain (the one nearest to me has HUGE lines, takes forever, and there's not really seating; people are always sitting on the floor), and sometimes dealing with their customer service sucks.

But I've had many good experiences when I had a problem, they fixed it, and there were times I couldn't pay the full amount of the bill right away and they worked out letting me make payments and keep my internet/cable on. I think that they're a little pricey but I like Comcast better than other providers. I have the cable/internet/home phone which was a pretty good deal.

One thing that really annoys me, though, is that with the newer boxes we got, it wants to update EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. So it prompts me to reset EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. If I select the "update later" option it only lasts so long, and automatically resets the box. I'm not sure why it has to update so much. Kinda annoying but not the end of the world.

Anyways, internet is really good. Fast. I don't usually have too many problems with cable or internet since switching to Comcast.
Jessica M.
Camby, IN
We have internet and basic cable with Comcast. Our bill for these services is outrageous. Customer service rarely speaks English and every few months or so they like to add a couple extra dollars to our bill for no reason. But let's be honest, all of the cable/internet providers such and that's why we are all using streaming devices now!
Beth L.
Feeding Hills, MA
Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
David V.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
How do you feel about their On Demand?
Himashi A.