BY COMCAST

• Why does your monthly bill never match the amount given t...3 Answers
  • What's the best route to take in order to get the most nu...6 Answers
Mony N.
Richmond, VA
My first time with Comcast was through BestBuy. It was one of the best no contract plans for $30/mo Blast for 2 years. It conveniently ended (& increased 2x!) when I moved out.

I've got my own place again & am paying $40/mo for their slowest package. I'm under the impression that they give you higher speed during the first couple months & then decrease it to what you're actually paying for... THEN they call you every so months asking if you'd like to upgrade.

If you're on a budget, it's good. If you can afford more or live with roommates, opt for higher speed.
Amy P.
Lansing, IL
The service and selection of Comcast is great! They have all the channels and their on-demand blows every one else out of the water. Shows are usually available the next day which is awesome. The X1 remote is pretty cool too. You just speak to it and it does whatever you want. It's nice if you are searching for a show or don't know the channel of a network. I have not run into any issues with it and use it all the time. The only draw back is the price. The special introductory offers are amazing. But once it's over, your bill skyrockets!! Buyers beware!
Mallorie S.
Cincinnati, OH
I've only had Comcast for a few months and have been extremely dissatisfied with my experience. The company is quick with addressing social media complaints, I'll give them that, but once they're complaints about things they can but don't fix (such as a service charge they lied to me about not getting when our Internet kept dropping and I tried to change it three times with different representatives) then that's where the compliments end. Even after being "fixed," our Internet continues to drop, we were given cable we don't need/use, we're paying too much for what we would be getting our cable and Internet for, etc. I was already apprehensive about getting Comcast in the first place; now, I can't wait for my 2-year contract to expire.
Julie W.
Columbia, MD
In my area, I only have a choice between Verizon & Comcast. So Comcast, it is! They are pretty overpriced and customer service is not always great.... even if they are the ones that mess up. Last year alone, I had to call them up 4 times to fix an issue. BUT! If you act all nice w/ them & almost beg patheticly, they will take care of the issue ... almost like they had the power all along. lol. But if you come off angry in anyway, they will act like there's nothing they can do and tell you they will forward it to the manager (who never calls back). Like I said, I don't really have much choice but to go w/ the service in my area. (Verizon is not an option 'cause I'm renting & they have to drill a hole in the house for us to get service).
Ashley V.
Houma
Meh, they're alright. I prefer Verizion Fios, but they aren't in the state I moved to. The employee who installed our cable box was fantastic. He was early and very friendly and super helpful. The service is alright. For some reason at around 2am every night the cable boxes all want to reset, which seems a little weird. Sometimes on the second unit the channel will just randomly not want to pick up lately. But overall it could be worse. I'd definitely recommend Fios over Comcast, but if this is what's available where you live it isn't too terrible.
Jennifer B.
It's the best option we have in the area I live in, but I wouldn't recommend it by any means. The price changes monthly, mostly increasing, even if your in a package deal. And if you try to remove a service you no longer use, such as home phone, the rate gets even HIGHER! I cannot complain about the quality of the service though, as I often have cable when others in my neighborhood don't(they have other brands of service). They are always good at solving service issues in a timely fashion too. They just need to get the pricing under control!
Cameron C.
Saraland, AL
Comcast has the attitude of we are too big to fail. They actually offer a decent product but their customer service is a joke. Their installers are undertrained and do not take pride in their work. I have dealt with several different companies and their service departments and Comcast's workers are very undertrained. They don't really care what the wires look like after installation and will leave the junction boxes just hanging. I don't blame them because they obviously don't have proper management in place to help prevent these problems.
Pamela V.
Peoria, IL
Comcast is the only cable/internet provider in our area besides dish, for that reason alone we have Comcast. If we could have another service we would switch in a heart beat. Comcast is so over priced it is not even funny. They know how to rope you in to paying for the higher priced packages too, because if you have children who watch certain channels such as Disney Jr. This channel doesn't become available to you until you purchase the 2nd most expensive package. The only good thing is the DVR, and the On Demand, these are convenient features.
Carlie W.
I do not at all like Comcast. They are the only provider in my building though so I have to live with them. As a whole they're service is fine, it can be slow and difficult to connect devices to at times however it's Internet so I accept it. My main dislike comes from the fact that Comcast has, in my opinion, the WORST customer service ever. I've been hung up on and had phone calls drop without a call back on several occasions and they continued to charge me after I cut of service at a previous apartment. I'd say if you can avoid them, do it.
Tory S.
Saint Paul, MN
Holy Smokes I love the new Comcast remote and OnDemand features. Look, I think Comcast gets a bad rap. Their customer service has always been conscientious and helpful. The best feature is the new remote! You hold down a button and speak into it to either search for a specific show or you can search more generally by saying something like "show me family movies" and it will return great results. I am obsessed! The new On Demand interface is extremely clean and easy to use. You can even sort movies or TV shows that are "free to me" which is perfect when you don't want to pay a fee to rent but you still want to find something new to watch. I think it is a great service and I plan to be a Comcast customer for a long time!
Beth L.
Feeding Hills, MA
Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
David V.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
How do you feel about their On Demand?
Himashi A.