3.04 / 5 based on 7,327 Reviews
Top Questions See all 70 Q&A
- "They add bogus charges to your account and when you go through the immense pain of calling them to get it taken care of you can tell their customer service representatives knew it was wrong because they just cancel the charge." in 85 reviews
- "They are the best cable service for quality in my opinion though because if its storming your signal doesn't get lost because its not a satelitte dish like most other cable companies." in 9 reviews
- "They always say "let me see what promotions we have for you" and your bill never seems to be the same amount every month." in 8 reviews
- "I so dislike this cable company there prices go up constantly,they have very horrible customer service." in 7 reviews
- "I'm was trying to get cable for my dorm, and every time I thought I was finally going to get someone to help me, they would hang up (I was hung up on twenty times that day)." in 7 reviews
Comcast is literally the worst. Terrible customer service. Avoid working with them at all costs. Their telephone hotline is terrible. I once had a guy show up to "fix" my TV and couldn't even fix it becasue he didn't bring the right equipment. Why bother coming?
Comcast has the best channel lineup . They are quick to come to your home for maintenance. I have no problem with the service . The cons are there customer service is terrible . The outages where I live are constant . The Internet is very slow . I would recommend.
Comcast is okay its not the best thing in the world. i had direct TV for a while but then i switched back to exfinity and it sucked. the internet was sooooooooooooo slow i couldn't watch an epsiode of grey's anatomy without it freezing. It drove me insaine honestly
I have had the worst customer experiences with Concast. I live in Philly and they seem to have cornered the market here, realized it, and given up on all efforts to please their customers. Not a fan, but when your building it only wired for Comcast and your landlord dictates you use them, you really have no other choice unless you want to forgo your Scandal every week...
The only thing in my area. The worst receptions with their boxes. The boxes always have something wrong. The prices literally go up every month. Even if you are with them for years they don't give you any incentive to stay with them. No loyalty discounts nothing.
Customer service is awful, but if you don't have any issues with your service you are fine. I have to deal with the craziness that is the crappy customer service about once every few years. If there was a comparable service in the area I would definitely switch.
Comcast has pretty good customer service. They gave me a discount on my bill one time just for calling and reporting that my internet was not working and there was a problem in the area. Also got a discount for the technician showing up late to install service.
I rarely write bad reviews, but I've had the worst possible experience with Comcast. I'm locked into a 2-year contract, paying over $120 per month for the SLOWEST internet (although I have an upgraded speed) & cable. I'm not sure I have a better option though...
A decent wireless internet provider. Our speed often drops at night when a lot of people in the community are using, as well as when there is inclement weather. The customer service has been very attentive and eager to please every time we've had to contact them!
Comcast internet is OK. I have had problems with them in the past but finally the issue was resolved and i have been getting a good connection since then. Though it took me about 6 months to get the internet issue resolved. Customer service is not very responsive
Q & A
Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
Considering leaving Comcast. Alternatives are AT&T uverse, DirecTV and Dish... anyone had experience with switching to one of my options? better experience? pricing? thanks in advance
How do you feel about their On Demand?
Anyone actually have a good experience with comcast? The last time I can remember was back in 2007 when they would automatically change my bill at the end of my contract to continue the promotion for $29 for internet service.
What's the best route to take in order to get the most number of channels while keeping your bill relatively low?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos