- "They add bogus charges to your account and when you go through the immense pain of calling them to get it taken care of you can tell their customer service representatives knew it was wrong because they just cancel the charge." in 85 reviews
- "They are the best cable service for quality in my opinion though because if its storming your signal doesn't get lost because its not a satelitte dish like most other cable companies." in 9 reviews
- "They always say "let me see what promotions we have for you" and your bill never seems to be the same amount every month." in 8 reviews
- "I so dislike this cable company there prices go up constantly,they have very horrible customer service." in 7 reviews
- "I'm was trying to get cable for my dorm, and every time I thought I was finally going to get someone to help me, they would hang up (I was hung up on twenty times that day)." in 7 reviews
I think Comcast is a rip off honestly. I just am under a two year contract with them so I can't get out. I think the customer service is OK.. But they're annoying and always get the runaround .. I would look into a cable provider that has no hidden fees or contracts
The only reason I have Comcast is because my landlord does not allow tv satellites on the house. It does offer great high speed internet but it is WAY too expensive that I cancelled my subscription and am using cellular data. Internet and TV should not be so expensive.
Comcast is a very good provider and they are very attentive to your needs. They are not too expensive and their service is excellent for the price you pay. I really like all the cool additions they have added in recent years. I would recommend this product to friends.
They do pretty well for TV service, but the internet sucks! Our internet is always cutting out or going super slow. I call and they resend the internet signal. It works for a few weeks and then starts going slow again or not working at all. That's our only down side.
Not a huge fan of Comcast. Their internet isn't all that great and I especially do not like how it is limited each month. My father also was an employee for them for a few months and quit because he absolutely hated the job and also is not a big fan of the company.
Comcast is the worst service ever! If I could go with somebody else right now I would, but it seems that these days everybody is jacking prices up and nobody has a good deal going on right now. The comcast customer service sucks, the cable and internet service sucks.
Frankly, I'm not sure how I can give an honest review. Comcast is literally the only option for Internet in my neighborhood, so how I can I write something to compare it against? Generally, my download speeds are good except I know they are throttling me after midnight like clockwork. If I could leave and have signup with a provider of similar download speeds, I would.
They have awful customer service, they never get anything right. I always dread having to call them with issues, and half the time they act like it's fixed and it never is. Their services are well over priced. I pay 160 a month for one TV and Internet for myself only.
I am not a fan of Comcast but it is the most reasonable cable and Internet in my area. The service is almost always terrible and they jack up your bill every month for no apparen't reason. It is hard to get answers from them and it is pretty expensive for what it is.
Comcast is a bloodsucking company. They know they have the best service around so they have you by the balls. Their service is good but just really expensive. And there are outages sometimes or times when we don't get the speed we paid for and that gets frustrating
Q & A
Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
Considering leaving Comcast. Alternatives are AT&T uverse, DirecTV and Dish... anyone had experience with switching to one of my options? better experience? pricing? thanks in advance
How do you feel about their On Demand?
Anyone actually have a good experience with comcast? The last time I can remember was back in 2007 when they would automatically change my bill at the end of my contract to continue the promotion for $29 for internet service.
What's the best route to take in order to get the most number of channels while keeping your bill relatively low?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos