Add a Photo

Photos (14)
Gail S.
Gail S.
Grand Rapids, MI

I will never interact with this company. Yes I had a owing bill and wanted to receive cable again and when I called they tell me I had to pay the bill in full before they will connect me back on again. So I paid the amount in full so they came out and reconnected my service with TV, Phone and Internet I had service for with them for over 2 years and had the service auto pay when the company can automatically withdrawn your payment from your account. But after about 2 years or so went buy I get a bill from Comcast saying that I owed this back payment and they were going to add this payment to my bill. I was in shock, I also explain to them that I had to pay this bill before I could have had service right now. But they argued with me and say that they applied that money to current bills and did I notice that some months that my bill was not as much. Oh they said that's my mistake and I turned Comcast off and never paid them a dime since then. I guess that will be on my credit report forever and I don't care. I will never associate with Comcast because of those factors and I still have the paper work today with the receipt and the bill and everything indicating their mistake and they still will not acknowledge. So I use AT&T have great service. My daughter has Comcast and complains everyday of her internet service and streaming. She checked to see where there is a tower and its way over on the other side of the State and she see why she has crappy service she said once her contract is over with them she is transferring her service to another company. Not a good company not at all. If I can honestly rate the company it would be a 0.
Kali G.
Kali G.
Vacaville, CA

Terrible. As far as the actual serice: Overrated, can become extremely expensive, spotty wifi, outtages can last much longer than anticipated. Our area had an outtage which lasted longer than what they said. It was over 24 hours and they would not give refunds, credits or prorate your bill for the inconvenience and was very rude about about it. When I first joined, they lied to me about about the promotional deal. Instead of $89/mo for 3 services (cable, wifi & home phone) in the end I'm paying $140/mo. I signed up directly on their website. Before signing up, I repeated asked the rep if the specific channels I wanted were included in the $89 deal. He swore up and down it was. In the end, it wasn't, he probably needed to meet a quota. I don't like being lied to. I went to the office to straighten everything out but COMCAST wouldn't take responsibility for the rep's actions because we "pay a contractor overseas to handle sign ups so we're not responsible for them". "We don't look at them as being a part of Comcast". Ha! What a joke! I really lost respect for them after that. Also, if you decide to speak to an agent, please note a majority of the time the customer service agent is overseas and sometimes it may be hard to understand them/vice versa. I've had issues trying to get my point across and it's frustrating. The response is like a broken record, don't be afraid to escalate and ask for a supervisor. Does anyone remember the viral story of Comcast rep who berated the guy who wanted to cancel his service? Poor guy had to endure 18 minutes of torture. Comcast just doesn't care.
Shelly T.
Shelly T.
Miami Gardens, FL

Despicable company without integrity or standards and truly the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I have had this service for a number of years as they have monopolized the market in my area and I experience several service interruptions EVERY WEEK - sometimes 4 or more times IN ONE DAY - and this has occurred at four separate rental homes. Despite the incessant issues they still attempt to charge to send a technician and do nothing to compensate for the lengths of time you are without service. I work from home and because my service is so bad I am constantly under the threat of termination as my connection is constantly failing and cutting off my conferences. As if paying such a high cost for such disgusting service isn't bad enough, they now want to attempt to further gauge their customers by capping data, forcing customers to pay astronomical additional fees for usage that is inevitable and unavoidable for people like me, which will now more than DOUBLE my current bill each month. They refuse to provide service packages that will cover people who use more than average in data , like those of us who work from home, as enforcing a set price for every 50g will ensure they more efficiently rob their customers. I have NEVER had a month of consistent, uninterrupted service from comcast in over ten years of being enslaved by them and I loathe them with every fiber of my being. PLEASE select an alternative if there is one available to you!!!
Monique R.
Monique R.
La Fayette, GA

Literally hate all cable companies! BUT where I live they have comcast and they don't allow direct tv or anything like that. The reasoning for the 2⭐️ Score is because the prices! I know they are trying to stay comparable with the other companies but $130 for any cable is just TDM! My cable we installed and the installer told me the outlet in my room was not hooked up right. So he ran the cable from my room to the living room tv and added a splitter. 😐 I called the rental office the next week and told them that I had to have to cable stretched across my doorway since the outlet in my room was never installed correctly. (Comcast dude told me the wiring was not in the wall) The apt. Maintence man came by and bam! Found the wire!! I called Comcast and they said "you didn't sign up for our inside wireless Maintence plan so it's $50 for our installer to come back out!" I tried to explain that it wasn't installed correctly in the first place since the installer said the cable wasn't in the wall! They wanted to hear no part of it and stand by the $50 fee to have him come back out! 😡😡 So the cable is across the doorway and I signed up for a 2 year contract! So needless to say I think the fee is ridiculous an unfair and the fact that the cable installer told me a problem existed when in reality it didn't exist.
The service has been pretty solid, the internet has been pretty solid but the customer service issue makes me not a fan.
Tracy B.
Tracy B.
Louisville, TN

I have had Comcast for over a year now and if I were allowed to have another provider in my apartment complex then I would switch in a heartbeat. It's a bit pricey and there are ALWAYS discrepancies on our bills. There are something like 100,000 Comcast employees and it seems like none of them are on the same page, and you will never speak to the same one twice. For almost the entire first year we were being charged $10-30 extra every single month for data overages and whenever I'd call about it they'd insist it was because we exceeded the whopping 300GB! FINALLY after the year was over and we were trying to sort out a huge mess of a bill (where they tried to charge us over $200 for a service we didn't have!) they sent us a new box -lo and behold it WAS a data leak, just as we said it was, and we haven't even come close to using the 300GB since.
However, it's been a snowball effect of bad business since then. Weeks of calling every other day or so and writing one very intense letter finally got me on the phone with a woman from corporate who promised to make everything better . . it really did sound promising. Here we are though, trying to sort out another ridiculous bill. If I went into detail of every issue we've had with them . . *sigh* . . the only reason I gave them 2 stars instead of 1 (or zero!) is because their 75 mbps is great, if you have the money and patience to keep it.
Kerrie M.
Kerrie M.
Nashville, TN

If I could give negative stars...this would be the one for them. My biggest issue with Comcast lies in their customer service. I cancelled my cable by calling and speaking to a CS rep in Nov. 2015, he assured me that it was cancelled. Come January, I have issues with my cable and get credited that month, and the following month. Okay, so here I am in Feb, at the end of the month-when I get a bill in the mail for almost $400 in "unpaid, backdated services". I called CS and pitched a fit, I was transferred more times than I could count and finally had the news broken to me that technically in order to cancel my cable-I needed to submit a certified letter in order to do so...WHAT?! I have never had such poor experience with a company and even while on the phone for almost 2 hours, I was still being offered "deals" on cable that I was trying to get officially cancelled. Then they claimed that they never had the confirmation that I turned in my cable equipment. Sooo I was being charged for services that I HAD NO WAY TO WATCH. It was beyond ridiculous. I still have internet with them and just barely-they credited my account a free month so I'm sticking around with that..for now. DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THEIR DISCOUNTS! It is an absolute nightmare to cancel
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Bandon, OR

In my neck of the woods, so to speak, Comcast is one of the only services available and it has a reputation as the most reliable. I've had it about one year and have had no issues with dependability. That said, customer service was terrible when I initially was trying to set up service. I had to call many times with questions before I could get a straight answer about services. I was sent to the website, but I could not finish the setup online, the last part of the setup would always come to a message that I had to call customer service. I'm guessing that is because of where I live, but it can only be a guess, since customer service obviously doesn't know. I signed up for a package plan at a promotional rate which is supposed to last for three years, though I could not get any documentation to that fact. Nor could customer service tell me what it would cost to get the services individually, for example internet but no cable. What!?! I'm giving this company four stores because after getting through the initial setup, the technicians were efficient and easy to work with, and did some problem solving with the lines without needing to come back later or add charges. I also have had no technical problems after setup.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Waukegan, IL

I tried AT&T for a couple years but didn't really like it, so switched to Comcast. I think the quality for internet and cable is much better, though going to a Comcast service center is a pain (the one nearest to me has HUGE lines, takes forever, and there's not really seating; people are always sitting on the floor), and sometimes dealing with their customer service sucks.

But I've had many good experiences when I had a problem, they fixed it, and there were times I couldn't pay the full amount of the bill right away and they worked out letting me make payments and keep my internet/cable on. I think that they're a little pricey but I like Comcast better than other providers. I have the cable/internet/home phone which was a pretty good deal.

One thing that really annoys me, though, is that with the newer boxes we got, it wants to update EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. So it prompts me to reset EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. If I select the "update later" option it only lasts so long, and automatically resets the box. I'm not sure why it has to update so much. Kinda annoying but not the end of the world.

Anyways, internet is really good. Fast. I don't usually have too many problems with cable or internet since switching to Comcast.
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
Hayward, CA

Overpriced monopoly I am forced to use due to lack of options for entertainment and internet providers. The service goes out CONSTANTLY. I do not get to deduct the many, many hours of NON-SERVICE caused by their outages, but they get to charge me extra if I miss my bill by a few hours on the due date now that I'm on a paperless billing system that they pressured me into. I would give anything to have a free market for internet providers! I am locked into the TV service just to keep my internet costs minimal, and now a phone I don't use (triple play) also to lower my bill in spite of how wasteful it is. THE NEW INTERNET MODEMS ALSO BROADCAST A FREE SIGNAL TO STRANGERS IN MY HOME'S VICINITY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, AND COMCAST DOES NOT INFORM ITS CUSTOMERS THAT THEY ARE PROVIDING FREE WIFI TO THE WORLD!!! I had to find this out through private research, and it is no simple task to turn off this free broadcast from my modem. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY $150 A MONTH SO STRANGERS CAN MOOCH OFF MY INTERNET? WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR A PHONE I DON'T USE? WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR SERVICE THAT IS DOWN AS MUCH AS 25% OF THE MONTH????? I seriously HATE Comcast with the passion of a thousand burning suns.
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Martinsburg, WV

I've had Comcast for internet abd TV for about 3 months and it's been an overall pleasant experience. The quality abd speeds of the Wi-Fi are great. I've only had maybe 2 or 3 instances of the Wi-Fi going out for a minute or 2. I have very basic cable. I only got cable because the Wi-Fi MBPS I wanted was cheaper in a package that included cable. I mostly use Netflix and Hulu for TV and movie watching, which does not lag at all with the Wi-Fi! I can't say much about about the channels, because I have have the very basic ones, but I am quite impressed with the On Demand selection. I do have a few issues with Comcast Xfinity, the hold times for customer services number are crazy long! I'm also being charged for a wifi modem every month that I've never used and sent back as soon as they sent it to me, because I decided to buy my own. I've called and told them this several times, yet it still keeps showing up on my bill. I also hate the way their billing is. Getting 2 bills a month is extremely confusing. But overall, the quality and pricing is great. As long as they take this extra $10 a Month charge for a modem off my bill, then I will continue to use Comcast, and recommend them!
Beth L.
Beth L.
Feeding Hills, MA

Does anyone love Comcast? I mean really....
David V.
David V.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Tracy A.
Tracy A.
Lowell, In

How do you feel about their On Demand?
Himashi A.