Columbia Janis Joplin - Janis Joplin's Greatest Hits [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] uploaded by Terra J.

BY COLUMBIA #49 in Music

A solid, if skimpy, ten-track best-of that gathers the most important songs from Janis Joplin's solo career, as well as her stint with Big Brother & the Holding Company. The compilation 18 Essential Songs offers a wider selection, but does not include the original version of "Me and Bobby McGee," which makes Greatest Hits the better purchase for those who only want one Janis Joplin disc, even if it isn't definitive. The 1999 CD reissue adds two bonus tracks, "Maybe" and "Mercedes Benz." ~ Steve Huey, Rovi see more...

jenna n.
scottdale
Janis speaks to my soul. She embodies true feminism, not caring what men thought of her and doing whatever she pleased. Her music is best paired with a flask of southern comfort and an open mind. Janis has a perfected raspy voice and this is a collection of some of her best.
Denise M.
Sandpoint, ID
If you love Janis and her music and her story. This is the album for you. Love it, she is such a beautiful soul. I want everyone to get this album and get to k ow Janis.
Ashley T.
I absolutely adore Janis Joplin! You can feel every emotion she has through her voice and music. I wish so bad she would've lived longer so I could see what she came up with next. Definitely one of my favorites!
Susan L.
Downingtown, PA
Lost this lady too soon. So soulful and young. I love her sound. Sure she would not have sound as good when she was older but would have loved to hear more from her when she was younger.
Mary P.
Niskayuna, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The amazing thing about Janis' music is its ability to last this long after her death. She continues to make a definite impact on generations (like mine) that weren't even alive for Woodstock. She sings with such emotion and power and from a place some "artists" today don't even know exist.
Tennille N.
Sacramento, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this Janis Joplin album. You really cannot go wrong with a greatest hits album but this one has absolutely amazing songs on it and I love to listen to it over and over again. This is also a great way to get all the best songs without having to buy a bunch of albums.
Charlene G.
Mapleton Dep, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This album was one of my first albums when I was a child. I thought Janis Joplin was the BEST and still do. I passed my music down to my daughter and she now enjoys listening to Janis. My favorite song is me and bobby mcgee. I think everyone should give this artist a try.
Ashley V.
Warren, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The quintessential queen of music. Her unique voice and eclectic sound make just about any song in her music library a joy to listen to. Her Greatest Hits album has two of my all time favorites, Me and Bobby McGee and Mercedes Benz. I could listen to this whole album on repeat and never get bored.
Bonny M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great album...great voice...what A classic...love this music and the influence JJ has had on all of the music in the last 30 years..wish we had music like this today...they don't make um like they used tooooo!!
Christina Z.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great album!
I love her voice, very different and soulful, also reminds me of the early 1920s blues and I can appreciate that. I think this album will always be one that many cover now and forever.
Maica W.
Adiana P.
What is this
Paola Q.
Doral, FL
Do you think that a girl who never listened classic rock, would like Janis Joplin's music?
Susan L.
Downingtown, PA
Who ever got to see her in person?