BY COLOURPOP #14 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Other palettes come and go, but this gorgeous, mauve-toned baby is a keeper. Super wearable shades wrapped up in the perfect package (with a mirror!), you know it's real when you can use one palette for every single look. Fall head over heels.

The Knot: metallic cool-toned ivory
Moon Struck: metallic soft gold
Two Peas: matte peachy beige
Candygram: metallic pinky red with gold duochrome
Winning Ticket: matte dusty mauve pink
FBO: metallic pink violet
Look-See: matte cool-toned plum
Fool's Rush: metallic golden bronze
Pulling Strings: matte warm saddle brown
Want U Back: matte dusty mauve brown
DTR: metallic silvery taupe
Sparks Fly: matte deep plummy brown

Pressed Powder Shadow Highly pigmented shadow that applies evenly and feels ultra-velvety and silky. This long wearing formula contains a unique combination of softer powders which adheres easily to the eyes, gives a soft focus effect, and blends smoothly and evenly.

Application Tips
TIPS: Apply with your favorite shadow brushes. Flat and firmer brushes will give the most color payoff. Fluffier brushes are great for blending. Use a small angled brush to line the eyes.

Ingredients
The Knot: Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Talc, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

• i want this palette...4 Answers
  • Some inspo using the "You had me at Hello" palatte by Col...3 Answers
  • How pigmented are these colors? Are they creamy??3 Answers
Reviews (2086)
  • "For the price, this is amazing! I love that colourpop finally included a mirror in one of these palettes! One of the matte shades (Look-See) can give off a lot of kick up, so be mindful of that if you get the palette. Otherwise, the matte shades are great! They're more pigmented than I would expect from a palette at this price point and they don't get muddy or wear off throughout the day. The shimmer shades are all very smooth and I didn't have to build them up to get them to show up on my eyes. Overall, I think this is a pretty great palette for the price plus you get a mirror. If the shade range speaks to you, I highly recommend picking it up" in 320 reviews
  • "ColourPop's You Had Me At Hello (hello, perfect name) palette is a wonderful one. For the most part, the shades stay in the mauve/brown/neutral zone with different finishes - my favourites are always the satin and mattes. Why this one has a mirror, I don't know but I'm not complaining!" in 60 reviews
Bee H.
Arlington
I've been trying this palette for a couple months, and I  LOVE IT. I'm always very skeptical when it comes to a formula that I haven't tried from a company cause I either love it or I don't. I'm especially picky when it comes to shadows because most of them are very gimmicky or over priced, but these are very easy to work with and so affordable, way better bang for your buck than other palettes.
I love Colourpop because of their super shock shadows (mainly the glitter and metallic formula), but I know some of their other things can be hit or miss, so when I finally tried this I was so pleasantly surprised. Very build-able, which to me means they don't stick right away but I like that because that usually means you can go bit by bit, still being able go back and deepen the color without it looking patchy. I definitely don't mean that it's so "build able" that it just takes forever to apply, on the contrary its very easy to use.
I also commend Colourpop for making palettes that don't have so many colors and so much product that you don't use or finish it, or to the point where it's hard to store. The color choices and amount you get is on point. Very wearable, not too pink, not too bronzy, anyone can wear this everyday. Not to mention they're paraben free.

I've never been so wow'd by a palette, and their other palettes look so beautiful, definitely gonna go back and buy them all!
There is a little bit of "fall out" when dipping a brush, but that's never been something I cared about since I have a pretty soft hand and this side effect has little to no interference with the results. Even my other fave, talc-free, and higher-end eyeshadows do this.
The packaging is cheap but you can pop out the pans without busting the cardboard to smithereens, and just move them to a Z palette. And again, I've seen similar packaging from higher-end companies.
Jennifer A.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN
I waited to buy a ColourPop palette because even though I am warm-toned, I tend to veer toward cooler-toned or taupe-heavy looks. I was tempted by the She palette but I could never quite bite the bullet, and when I saw You Had Me at Hello, I knew what I was waiting for.

For the Urban Naked 3 lovers this is your more-versatile, compact dream. This is a pigmented, portable workhorse. It's just my go-to palette. I bring along Wet n Wild Brulee and ELF Smudge Pot in Cruisin' Chic, and I think I could be happy for a long time.

The packaging is standard but nice. Soft-touch (think NARS but paper) cardboard with a mirror. The pans are a bit smaller than standard, but they're magnetized so they can easily be removed and popped into your own if you collect these ColourPop palettes and want to mix-and-match.

The mattes do kick up a bit, but they're nice and soft. I'm light handed, so I don't have a problem with this. They blend really nicely for me and have great pigmentation. I rarely use primer (I have normal lids) and don't have any problems with lasting power. The shimmers are great with a brush or intensified with a finger or setting spray. Both for the price and just as a palette regardless of price point (comparing this to a brand like Too Faced for instance) I think you would be a happy customer.
Amber C.
Girard, OH
Quick review: This was my third CP palette and I received it in my boxycharm box this month (April). I absolutely love the colors, they blend well and are pigmented, so most of the colors should work for various skin tones. They are a bit powdery so make sure to tap the excess off. The apply beautifully.
Swatches are from left to right:
Top, horizontal lines are brush strokes (dunked into the pan twice, tapped and blended back and forth twice). Also, the last shade hit my wrist bone, it isn't that patchy.
Bottom, vertical lines are one finger swatches on clean unprimed skin (one full swirl in pan)

Quick overall review: these colors are gorgeous. Some are more true to the pan shade than others (I'm looking at you purple/pink). I would use your fingers to apply the #shimmers for more opaque glimmer. My favorite row is the very last one. The gray silver shade is beautiful. I will definitely get plenty of use out of these shades this spring and summer. Colourpop Cosmetics is a cruelty free brand, which I love.
Also, you may not know but Colourpop shadows can be easy removed, rearranged or popped into a magnetic palette because the pans and the palette is magnetic. Fun fact, if you peel the "You had me at Hello" sticker off, it reveals a different name. Let me know if you know what it is underneath my comment on IG @Aecunningham07 😉. Anyway, I love that Colorpop recycled the packaging, helped save some trees, saved some money and still released this palette, even after all the changes.
😊❤
Génesis M.
Houston,TX
it's basically the perfect name for it because I knew I would love it from the first try. Unlike the other Colourpop palettes, this one comes with a mirror. Its slightly more expensive for that ($18) whereas the others are $16 each. I love the fact that my favorite one of all comes with a mirror because I will definitely take it wherever I travel
The colors here are very versatile. The scheme is mostly warm brown with a bit of pinky/purple mauve to spice it up for those days where you want some berry tones without looking like cranberries exploded on your eyes. I love the fact that there are lots of matte browns and neutral metallics for every day but the subtle yet playful berry colors are always there if you feel like it and it's all in one palette..that has a mirror..AND ITS SO AFFORDABLE! Can you tell I'm really into this one? haha
Erica R.
Clarksville, TN
I LITERALLY use this palette almost daily. I have alot of eyeshadow palettes, it's an addiction. And among many different brands from Colourpop, Abh, Huda, Bad Habit, Morphe. And I will always love this specific Colourpop palette so much. The tan color is my go to transition shade out of any of my other palettes. Also, I love the fact that it has a mirror and is easy to hold and use. Every color performs so well, mattes are difficult to formulate perfectly and these work so smoothly. Some kickback and fallout but that doesn't bother me because it's not substantial. I use my finger for application of the metallics/shimmers for more pigment but these are applicable by brush unlike Subculture🤔 There are shades for many different types of looks from soft to dramatic. It's just all around amazing. This look is one of many I've done with the palette. I did add glitter pigment over top of pink shimmer shade in the palette.
Cailee M.
Ayy, this was a disappointment, and THAT, ladies and gents, is an understatement. I mean, overall, the quality of the shadows in this Colourpop 'You Had Me at Hello' palette is mostly on par with what I have come to expect from Colourpop's pressed shadow formula. However, this is a far cry from being anywhere close to a *mauve-toned* palette that the brand is insinuating it to be. Lime Crime Venus 3? Dose of Colours Marvelous Mauves? Now THOSE are mauve toned palettes. This Colourpop palette is just a warm-toned basic brown palette with *not* a lot of versatility. It was nice that they decided to throw in a duochrome warm pink/gold, for good measure...but for what purpose? The duochrome pink shade has a terrible, crumbly formula (the worst in the palette, and the only major dud in the palette) and it doesnt really go with any of the other shades. Sooo, why bother? Also, the shade FBO, described as a pink violet, just looks like a dull, muddy satiny reddened bronze with just a hint of a pink undertone. The metallic purple shade in the Fem Rosa palette (I think it's the shade called 'Empress') is MUCH better than this FBO shade, and pulls more purple and more cool toned, and less red, on me than FBO ever would.

The shade 'Mauve' and any other corresponding shade in the color family is supposed to pull as cool toned on ANY complexion. Any other shade, and it wouldn't match the color description or the color family of 'mauve.' Thus making this glorified warm toned brown palette very inaptly named, as it is anything BUT mauve.

That being said, the majority of this palette actually pulls VERY warm toned on my wintery complexion, (contrasting to the 'mauve' claims), save for a few shades: and those shades are the beautiful deep boysenberry purple shade called 'Look See', the deep cocoa brown shade called 'Sparks Fly', and the metallic silvery taupe called 'DTR'. The rest of the shades in this palette don't really pair that well with the three aforementioned cool toned shades, since they're so warm, thus making this a palette I just don't understand at all, and therefore making it one that I just dont reach for that often.

I know a thing or two about color combinations just from studying makeup at workshops, and in no way did I ever hear the shade 'mauve' being classified as 'warm brown with pink undertones.' Just....excuse me, what? 'Rustic' mauve comes to mind with one shade in this palette, maybe (which is what I would classify the shade 'Winning Ticket' to be). But this palette definitely needs a matte berry pink or a matte mid-toned mauvey pink or grey/purple or something to give it more versatility and just.....SOMETHING to work with. I'm just not inspired at all when I look at this palette. I think some brands (not just Colourpop) need to go back to the drawing board and review actual shade descriptions that have stayed true to themselves all throughout the history of art and color mixing, and not just make up something as they see fit (i.e. Colourpop's thought process when creating this palette: 'Ahhh theres ONE purple in this palette! Lets surround it with a bunch of uncomplimentary warm colors, and just call it a 'mauve/pink/purple' palette!' JUST....NO.

I know that Colourpop doesnt claim to be an artistry brand, but makeup brands and companies in general just need to start learning to curate their products with multiple colors to have, y'know... actual "complimentary" colors, and some sort of a cohesive color STORY, along with a semblance of a working knowledge of color theory and knowledge of basic color descriptions, before releasing a product and marketing it. Just my $0.02. No, I would not recommend this palette to anyone who wants a 'mauve-toned' palette. Or even a cohesive neutral palette, for that matter. It is anything BUT mauve, anything BUT cool-toned, and you probably have shades like this, already. The formula is for the most part creamy and easy to blend (albeit with a TON of powder kick-up, no matter how careful you are). Since the formula is so soft on the mattes, I can see anyone who is just a hair above being light-handed, hitting pan on these shades rather quickly. Definitely cant get more than 3 different looks TOPS with this palette, which is why I originally was going to give it a 2, but the overall quality bumped it up to a 3.
Kelly D.
Chelmsford, MA
Love love love this. I have tried ColourPops super shock before and liked that creamy texture but I hadn’t tried their pressed shadows. These are very pigmented and blendble. This palette includes two great transition colors and several light shimmers for the lid as well as a couple deeper ones for drama in the crease. I’m very impressed with ColourPops presses shadows. They are super affordable as well. I got this in my BoxyCharm which made it even more affordable. Will absolutely be trying some more palettes from ColourPop. ColourPop You Had Me At Hello Pressed Powder Shadow Palette
Crowned G.
I received this in my makeup subscription box and I seriously LOVE it. It is a pressed powder shadow palette with 12 colors in it for $18. This was my first product from Colourpop so I was excited to try it out. When I first opened it, I was amazed at the color selection and I believe this is such a great every day compact palette with the perfect colors and large mirror. In the photo of me, I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in the shade milk to prime my eyelid then I used Sparks fly as a transition shade and the Knot and Fool's Rush. It came out so beautiful and simple, I adore this palette with no fall out at all. I really recommend it, 5/5 🌟.
Michelle G.
I can’t rave enough about ColourPop Eyeshadows. I recently bought this one while it was on sale for $12 and I’m in love. First of all, this packaging impressed me. It was still the cardboard component but it really has a weight to it and that mirror is just fantastic. I’m so happy they included one. I have the I Think I Love You Palette and I feel like these two will be all I need for a while. This has such a mauvy look to it but it really offers so much more. I think you can do beautiful looks for day and night. It will compliment my other palette perfectly as well. ColourPop’s formula is always a hit and this is no exception. Their blendability and pigment is fantastic—for the price, these are always a steal. Love this!
Sage U.
United States Of America
First of all I just want to say I will definetly be buying more products from ColourPop because I am always extremely impressed with there products that I have bought within this past year. I have tried there eyeshadow palette "You Had Me At Hello". I was really nervous to buy this because I have blue eyes and usually with my kind of blue eyes nothing goes well with them so I have a hard time finding a palette that makes me look good and that I like. I am happy to reveal I was extremely relieved when I tried it on when I got home because the swatches were beautiful in the store and they were even more beautiful on my eye. There was little fallout and the pigment is great. All the colors are gorgeous and worked well with my skin and eye color! I will definetly be buying another ColourPop product in the future and so shoulde you!
ximena m.
hayward
Do these eyeshadows look pretty in person?
Bintu K.
wakefield
Are the colours really pigmented?
Cat D.
Jessica V.
Texas
Cute packaging bright colors is it worth it?
Lainey G.
Really pretty colours. But is it pigeoned??