ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY COLOURPOP #4 in Lip Gloss

High pigmentation and a satin-matte finish in liquid lipstick form to keep your lips soft and comfy all day long.

A bright red violet
Inspired by Karrueche's character Virginia in TNT's hit show Claws

Ultra Satin Lip A creamy, bold lipstick with a satin finish. This formula has the same high percentage of pigments as an Ultra Matte Lip but contains emollient ingredients for added moisture, keeping lips looking fresh and feeling super comfortable.

Though this lipstick is super long-wearing, it is not completely kiss-proof and does transfer.

Application Tips

• Step One - Start with freshly exfoliated lips! Prime your lips with our Lippie Primer for increased longevity and smoother application!
  • Step Two - Line your lips with a matching Lippie Pencil; this will help you achieve the perfect finished look and give the appearance of fuller lips.
  • Step Three - Apply your Ultra Satin Lip in a thin layer for most comfortable wear.

Ingredients
Isododecane, Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, C10-18 Triglycerides, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Silica Silylate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

• Where did you buy yours? Anywhere else other than the ColourPop w...4 Answers
  • Is this actually long wearing? 146 Answers
  • When is Colour Pop coming to Sephora?2 Answers
Rachel P.
Burbank, CA
The ColourPop Ultra Satin Lips are one of my favorite liquid lipsticks. I love them so much that I have almost all the colors in the Ultra Satin Lip line. The price and quality of the lipstick is hard to beat! While I do like the staying power of a matte liquid lipstick, they tend to dry out my lips at some point, so for that reason alone, I don't usually wear them on a daily basis. What I love about the Ultra Satin Lips is that the creamy formula makes it extremely comfortable to wear. They aren't as drying as a matte formula, so I can wear these daily. The Ultra Satin Lips also offer the same color intensity and opacity as a matte liquid lipstick, while also being easy to apply. With these lipsticks I don't usually have to worry about patchiness, and reapplying is a breeze.

Because these are not matte, they aren't kiss proof, but regardless they still have amazing staying power. I've worn one of these from 5am until 11pm, and the color still looked pretty good at the end of the day. If they do fade, they fade evenly and gracefully. The darker colors, however, can get a little bit messy if you wear them and eat a greasy meal, but with all the other colors that wasn't too much of an issue.

TL;DR, if you're looking for a nondrying, comfortable, long lasting (not necessarily kiss proof) liquid lipstick with great color payoff (and a great price), you should definitely give the ColourPop Ultra Satin Lips a try!
Julianna C.
Vicksburg, MS
Review for: Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip
When this line first launched, I really, really wanted it. Of course, there was the issue of the hype constantly causing it to go out of stock immediately with the first few restocks, but I finally got my hands on two colors. Salt and 3-Way. Now, I really like 3-Way. It's pretty, it's fine. But this formula...it's not great IMO. The texture is very mousse-like, which is fine, but mousse plus metallic equals showing every line in my lips. 3-Way is forgiving in that regard but Salt, which looks so much light in person that in the online swatches, is not. It look horrendous on me. I thought maybe I could use it to top other colors to make a shimmery nude—no, it doesn't mix well at all with other colors.

I should also mention that my products weren't full when I received them. Not to such extremes that I would call them empty or raise a fuss over them, but they were definitely not "full" with product. I own a ridiculous number of their Satins, so I would know the difference.

I'll wear 3-Way, but Salt is a total miss for me. I would personally stick to the darker, richer tones in this line.

Overall, I was disappointed with this line. If I buy a metallic from them, it'll be their glosses instead. I like the formula a lot more and there's been less issue with them.
Tijah C.
If you're looking for a matte lipstick that stays on all day (more than eight hours) and won't dry out your lips, look no further! I'll admit, I hesitated at first because my first purchase was with MY money and this was lipstick, so once you used it, there was no going back. After watching a few swatch and review videos, I decided to go forth with my purchase and visit the Colourpop website. From what seemed like thousands of lipsticks, I looked through the site and added whatever I felt was pretty and would compliment my skin tone. Shipping wasn't a hassle, and I received my order within the next week in a pretty pink package. There were a few papers in the padded envelope that came along and there they were, my lipsticks in a simple, but cute, package. After seeing so many reviews, I grabbed my chapstick and applied a thin layer, afterwards, rubbing my lips together. Then, holding the lipstick close to my heart, I prayed to the lipstick gods that this went well because I had a busy day ahead of me. I applied it and then threw it in my bag just in case. Ten hours later, I came home, and the colour was still on with no fade whatsoever. I was so happy; I almost jumped with joy. The next week, I ordered more. Don't pass this up, it's worth the money!
Alysia C.
Richardson, TX
Review for: Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip
If you want a liquid lipstick to last you through anything and everything. Stop reading this review and go buy their ultra matte lipsticks. Don't worry, I'll wait. I own beeper, lumiere 2, tulle, & avenue and I want more. I can not get enough of these lipsticks. They are so beautiful and i love the formula. But let me start off with a few tips:
1. The color will look different once its dry, that is a given. It is drying COMPLETELY matte so what you see might be different.

2. Each skin tone will make the lipstick look different. For example, Mess Around (Ultra Satin Formula) is described as a beige grey. On me, someone with tan skin, it looked completely grey. Like not a kind of brown. So just know that it can look different than what is pictured on someone else.

3. They are dry. If you don't like that feeling of dryness on your lips, than you may not like this product. I personally don't mind it but it takes some getting use to. You may want to start with their Ultra Satin lips to prepare for these.

4. Throughout the day, don't rub your lips together too much cause since its dry the friction will cause it to peel off, which isn't cute. I hope the tips helped but I definitely recommend these if you want something LONG WEARING and just gorgeous.
Preeti P.
Baltimore , MD
This lippies are awesome! I recently purchased Wink. While it wasn't completely transfer proof it is Extremely long wearing! Good enough to last through dinner, drinks and bday cake. On top of that, it is incredibly comfortable and pigmented. Since it is not completely transfer proof it will wear throughout the day but even then it fades beautifully so you don't have to worry about if it's gonna look patchy or weird.

I only have one color in this finish so I can't speak for the other ones since I have yet to try them but if the formula is consistent you really can't go wrong. The only negative comment I had is that I noticed the color bled a little around my lips (I have no lines and don't typically have this problem). I'm sure that's something a little primer or lip liner can't fix, I was not wearing any when I tried this for the first time.

The color selection is amazing. You can find something to suit your skin tone without a doubt. If you plan on purchasing, be sure to sign up for their e-mails to get $5 off of your purchase (which is basically the price of most products on their site). Also, keep a look out for promotions which I have seen Colourpop offer quite regularly.
Giselle C.
Zeeland, MI
I love love lovvvvvveeeeeee ColourPop's Ultra Matte liquid lips! I'm exploring lipstick colors I never imagined. I've always been a bold color person, red is my everyday color. I enjoy black, occasionally a vivid pink, sometimes dark purple. I've been going after tones like light pinks, and mauve now. My first ColourPop order was StingRaye. I ordered it because it's a collab with my favorite YouTuber ItsMyRayeRaye and it's leaving on Aug15th. I've heard nothing but good reviews about the color and formula so I thought I'd give it a try. It honestly doesn't look like it did on the picture on me, but I actually love it so much more than the picture! It's such a beautiful mauve pinkish purple on me, it goes on so smooth, and even lasted through me eating two woppers from burger king, and I'm a messy eater! lol It made me go back and order a backup only a week later. TheI also ordered Jellies & Lumière 2 to go along with it. I love Lumière 2 it's a beautiful soft pink on me! I haven't tried Jellies yet but I'm excited for bold a blue. They removed easily with a dab of organic coconut oil, a natural makeup remover.
MY L.
Irvine, CA
Review for: Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip
This is probably one of the worst product I've purchased ever. I have heard things about ColourPop, but as they claimed to have improved the formulation, I went ahead and gave it a try. Bought this shade thinking it was going to be a nude and turns out to be more of a gray based mauve type color. It dries so quick that if you messed up, you have no choice but to leave it on for the rest of the day. It is very pigmented, however, even with just one coat it felt like cement on my lips. I was very disappointed and went to remove it immediately as the color looks horrendous on my skin and it WOULD NOT COME OFF. I used my cleansers, face soaps, makeup removers, and even oil and still had trouble taking it off. It stained my entire mouth area afterwards and my whole lips were red from scrubbing and trying to get the product off. I was not sure if I got a bad batch, so I gave it a 2nd try but this time in the color LAX. It was not as cement-y, but it was very streaky and did crumble off within 20 minutes of initial application. So disappointed. Would not recommend :/
Carlie A.
Belle Vernon
Colourpop is an amazing inexpensive brand that I just started noticing in the beauty world in the past year or so! It is so inexpensive that you could be paying 4 or 5 times the amount for a product that does the same thing!

You know how popular the matte liquid lipstick trend has been lately?? Well colourpop is on the band wagon and they are just as good as the top leading competitors!

Now colourpop ultra mattes are great! Some people just don't like that drying lip formula every day! Therefore when they came out with the new ultra satins I went crazy! These are pretty matte just like the ultra mattes only they are so much more comfortable on the lips and they last all day without budging! Not only are these lippies comfortable and last all day long, they have a huge variety of different shades and there is a color (or 10) for everyone with all different skin tones and preferences! These lippies aren't at all streaky and they go on full opaque with just one swipe! Sometimes one tip of the wand will full cover my entire top and bottom lip without a problem!
Roxanne A.
Oakley, CA
When Kylie came out with her own line of lipsticks I was obsessed! HOWEVER, I hated how hard it was to get a hold on her stuff. Luckily, I was able to get the first set of lip kits she came out with! I decided to sleep on the kits that came after because sadly I just did not have any time. After more and more colors started coming out I read a few articles stating that her products are exactly like Colourpop because they are manufactured the same and the quality of her new lipkits have gone down.. and you're basically paying way more for her brand name than quality. So with that said, I decided to try out Colourpop because I love matte lips! I love how affordable their products are and they even have good deals! I have just put in another order for more. Because it is true and clear the quality is basically the same as Kylie's... my only issue is the fact you cannot try or swatch or return these colors.. you kind of just have to go with your gut on what you think you like and what will look good on ya!
Katie F.
Frederick, MD
LOVE LOVE LOVE. I don't even know where to begin with Coloupop's Ultra Satin Liquid Lipsticks. They're a perfect trifecta: Smooth application, excellent staying power/color payoff, and affordable!! My favorite shade of the ultra satin lipstick so far is Marshmallow - it's a light grayish purple tone. I love the ultra satins so much compared to the ultra mattes. The satins are just as smooth, their staying power is just as great, and I've gotten so many compliments! The only difference, I'd say, would be that the ultra satins are much easier to remove at the end of the day. Anybody who's tried colourpop is aware of how difficult it can be to remove an ultra matte lipstick, but fear not! Their satins are the same in every other aspect, just easier to get off at night!! 10/10 do recommend, you just can't beat colourpop, especially when their lipsticks are only $6 a piece! (PS- a good amount of Coloupop's Ultra Satin lipsticks make awesome, affordable dupes for shades from more expensive brands!!)
Miriam R.
Is this actually long wearing?
Is this brand really good ? or was it over hyped ?
Basira T.
Which color would you guys recommend for a everyday color?
Vianney A.
Lindsay , CA
I've heard mixed reviews on the formula of these. Some people love them others dislike the dryness of them. I know they're not expensive at all, I just wanted to ask if these are worth the investment?
Emily F.
Any nude colour recommendations or favorites?