BY COLOURPOP #57 in Lipstick

Ultra Matte Lip - Ultra Matte Lip, ColourPop's thin, lightweight formula smoothly glides on the lips leaving SUPER intense pigment with a bold, ultra-matte look. It is very long-wearing and 100% kiss-proof AKA no transferring!Benefits:VeganCruelty freeFind ColourPop store locations at ULTA Beauty. - Ultra Matte Lip

• Matte or Satin Lippies from Colourpop?13 Answers
  • Are these ultra matte lip colour great for almost 9 hours? Becaus...6 Answers
  • i've never tried any of the colorpop brand but i want to, such pr...10 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
  • "This guys are my all time faves they are minor but powerful! I love colourpop liquid lipsticks they are the best and super affordable. The color payout it's amazing and super pigmented also long lasting. And did I mention $6 a piece! " in 5828 reviews
  • "This oak age of matte lipsticks are perfect five of their best sellers for such a good price ! It's is very affordable and long lasting. Supper pigmented and I love how creamy the texture is. I want to buy more colours soon. ! " in 2756 reviews
  • "This oak age of matte lipsticks are perfect five of their best sellers for such a good price ! It's is very affordable and long lasting. Supper pigmented and I love how creamy the texture is. I want to buy more colours soon. ! " in 2754 reviews
Jennifer J.
Anchorage, AK
Review for: Tulle, Viper, Trap, Bianca, Sunday, Bad Habit, Midi, Trouble Maker, Other more...
I'm loving the ColourPop Ultra Matte Liprchased from ColourPop. I have tried many different pigment stains from ColourPop and I have had pretty great success with this Brand. This is a true pigment that lasts for the entire day (depending upon the pigment and artists knowledge of before and after care for your lips when you want to wear pigments that stay on) it is so pretty and with such a quality quick drying matte finish that wasn't drying or dulling and no awful taste and no burning! Bottom line: I find that if you are interested in learning how to use a matte lipstick with lasting pigment or you understand how to use mattes it makes the value well worth the price. This also comes in many different shades. I have had several occasions to try it and it is so complimentary.
Bottom line: I like this Matte Lipstick! I have recommended this product along with others from this Brand. I can use it easily with wonderful results. #ColourPop #colourpop-ultra-matte-lip-liquid-lipstick #Influenster #contest #lipstick #lipstain #lipshine #lipgloss #lips #makup @ipsy
Andie C.
South Gate, CA
Review for: Tulle, Cheap Thrills, Rooch, LAX, Mama, Beeper, Limbo, Kae, Arriba!, Chi, Mamacita, Are N Be, Other more...
Let me start by saying that I have over 20 ultra matte liquid lipsticks and glosses in my collection. I first became obsessed with Colourpop when Kylie launched her lip kits. As many already know, these lipsticks have a very similar formula (minus the great fragrance from Kylie lip kits).

Biggest cons.
The latest batch I have bought from Colourpop seems to have a different formula because they begin to crease and crumple off very quickly after drying. I am not sure if it’s only certain lipsticks— mainly the iluvsarahii ones (mamacita, arriba!). This leads me to have to use a gloss on top to prevent cracking. Obviously not something I like to do when I expect a matte 🙁. Second con, the color swatches online vs. The color the product actually is are completely different. Even the arm swatches are wayyy off. It must be the photo shoot lighting or maybe the color on my monitor/phone but most lipsticks end up looking different. I often need to mix 2 different shades to get the correct color I want vs. The one I received.

Pros.
The lipsticks are very long wearing. I can eat a burger or apple and not have any chin stains. Lol girls you know what I’m talking about. Also you can use these as stand alone products; they are very pigmented and don't "need" liner to make the color pop. Lip liners are not required but it does give your lip a different look if you are going for an ombre or subtle undertone. I honestly recommend this brand and these lipsticks to all my friends and I have converted many.
Lauren B.
Cleveland
I have mixed feelings with these liquid lipsticks. As for their more nude/lighter shades, they're FANTASTIC! They wear well without being overly drying. One of my favorite go to nude lips is their "Sunday" Ultra Matte Lip. It's that perfect dusty terracotta shade. As for the darker shades though, they're MESSY. I always have to touch up and reapply these ones. My whole makeup day is ruined if I eat ANYTHING in the darker lipsticks. They move all over the place, get all over your food and your face. And since they're matte, they're harder to clean up unless you carry micellar water and cotton pads in your purse. I love the colors, but I find it very hard to wear them and not feel self conscious about them moving around on my face. I've also noticed that they tend to "ball up" after wearing them for a while. You know what I'm talking about. When the product starts breaking down and builds up into these little balls of dried up excess product on your lips. And if you're not careful about the way you wipe them off, you can smear them all over your mouth/face area. It's just a mess. They're not as "kissable proof" as they claim to be. But it's not like I actually have kissed anyone in these lipsticks either.
Taylor S.
Kalamazoo
Review for: Trap, Midi, Bianca more...
Let me start off by saying, I absolutely LOVE the brand Colourpop. Eye shadows? amazing. Highlighters? Incredible. Ultra Matte Lip? Ehh, not for me.

These liquid lipsticks are extremely hyped and talked about by people everywhere and one day I gave in and ordered a few when they were having a buy two, get one free sale. This was a few years ago and I was new to the whole matte liquid lipstick thing.

Anyway, the colors were very beautiful, yet the formula on my lips was a huge thumbs down. My lips are pretty drying, so I thought after a nice lip scrub and putting on a nice balm for a day or two would help prep my lips for this lipstick. I was excited and hopeful the second time around, but lo and behold, the lipstick and even a primer were not enough to keep the formula from cracking and creasing into every fine line (essentially gave myself prune lips).

Long story short, if you have naturally dry lips, this may not be the product for you. However, let me tell you that the lip gloss they carry is gold! So go purchase one of those instead.

Arshia M.
Review for: Bad Habit, Viper, Bumble, Other more...
I love Colourpops Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks. The packaging is simple, however for some of the lipsticks the product may leak out if its not closed properly. It’s a great lipstick for only $6 and it lasts all day. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was because it’s very drying on the lips, so I usually have to put on vaseline on my lips before I apply the liquid lipstick. The shades I purchased from their website are: Viper, Bumble, Bad Habit, and Stingraye. My favorite shade is stingraye and its the perfect fall shade. Bumble is also perfect for wearing as an everyday shade. I’d definitely recommend these and to wear a moisturizing lip balm before applying the lipsticks. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip
April J.
Georgetown
Review for: Other more...
ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip
In terms of application these liquid lipsticks are somewhat easy to apply, they have your typical doe foot applicator & the wand is pretty sturdy. You don’t get quite as much precision as you would from JSC velour Liquid Lipsticks or the Wet & Wild Liquid catsuits. (which both share the same component, wand & doe foot applicator) In terms
longevity/wear time & comfort these are not my favorite. They do look great on the lips, the formula does not bleed & feather & once they have dried down they are pretty transfer proof however in my personal opinion these are extremely drying. For this reason I do not find myself reaching for this formula very often. The longevity or lack there of also plays a large factor in my reasoning behind not often reaching for this formula. I find that on the inner portion of my lips the formula begins to flake, fade & crack which does not look at all flattering. However they do re apply well without balling or leaving a gritty texture behind.
Regina C.
Review for: Tulle, Trap, LAX, Bianca, Clueless, Beeper, Limbo, Teeny Tiny, Solow, Midi, Bumble, Creeper more...
I had always heard so much hype about Colourpop's Ultra matte lipsticks and had bought a bunch because of their 1.) cheap price and 2.) large range of colors.
After trying on a variety of colors, I have found the formula to be extremely pigmented but quite inconsistent throughout the different colors. I find their deeper colors like LAX to be extremely patchy. Clueless and Bianca left a bright pink tint to my lips. Most of these are extremely drying and can draw attention to any flakes or cracks on your lips. However, I find the formulas of Beeper and Bumble to be a bit more comfortable than the others. On all of them though, I moisturize and use a lip primer beforehand.

Overall, I think these liquid lipsticks are decent for its price and quality. For its price, I feel like it'd be a good option for any colors that are just trendy or those that you probably won't be wearing much.
Christina S.
Lake Mary
Review for: Avenue, Beeper, Mamacita more...
Let me start off by saying ColourPop is making a killing due to their marketing as well as their affordability of their products. I heard how awesome it was so of course, I had to try it. I ordered it online direct from their website and I was in shock on how cheap the lippies were. I immediately bought five lippies, a highlighter, and a purple eyeliner.

PROS: It is cheap and lasts a long time! The colors are just the way they are swatched and they are beautiful. I love them and it does not dry out your lips what so ever.

CONS: After a while, they can get a little messy. Because of the cheapness I believe that the brushes aren't the best and sometimes they can get a bit messy. Just be careful when putting on your make up. With some, I would put lipstick on first before putting concelear incase you have to redo it.
Bao-Tran L.
Review for: Beeper, Trap more...
For Beeper, I really love the color!! It is so wearable on so many different types of occasions. The formula is pretty good too. I heard some colourpop lip products of the same name differ in formula, but mine isn’t too drying. It gives that nice matte look that I go for. It stays on for quite a while too!! Pretty hard to remove, so it’s amazing for dinners and bar nights.

For Trap, the formula isn’t different and a bit disappointing. It flakes off a lot.. it’s so sad because it’s such a beautiful color. I love the grayish tint to the pipes, it’s unique & stunning! But again, I heard from reviews that the formulas were a tad different for each one, so I probably got the bad batch. It doesn’t stay on as long as I would like. I would have to reapply after dinners and drinks as well as remove the flakes around my lips and even mouth. I would still purchase it again, hoping for a better one!
In the pictures, I’m wearing Beeper with the popsicle, and Trap with the white background.
Vanessa D.
Millbury, MA
Review for: Beeper, Limbo, Bianca, Tulle more...
This is probably the best liquid matte lipstick shade i have ever wore!  Every time i wear it i get compliments from every one. it is definitely my go to shade for any occasion.  It is very long lasting althought i do have to reapply after eating.  i will definitely be getting another one because i can NOT live without this color on hand.  I have yellow light skin and it works on my skin tone with or without a tan. I absolutely LOVE BEEPER!!!  Bianca is another everyday look that i love for a soft subtle look.  It is very flattering nudish with a hint of pale pink which I love.  I t does have magenta undertones which stain your lips as the Matte wears off, nevertheless i love it and use it very oftem.  Limbo is perfect for a orangey brown look.  I love these lippies
Danielle J.
Portland, OR
Are these liquid to matte lipsticks that set? That is to say, are they long-wearing?
Claudia M.
best way to apply this without making my lips super dry/see the visible lines in my lips. like is there a product that will make my lips more full and less dry???
Daniela M.
Santa Ana
I've been looking for a liquid lipstick to try out but don't know if this it? Ive seen great reviews on it but dont exactly know if this it.?
Sarah C.
Springfield, OR
I have a ton of the matte products and hate to out gloss on but my lips get so dry. I moisture underneath but they still tend to get dried out. What do you do to keep them plump all day and not dried out?
Jess H.
Weymouth, MA
I have quite a few of these but am looking for some new shades! Any suggestions? And would you suggest the Matte Lip over the Satin Lip?