BY COLOURPOP #18 in Eyeshadow

• These look amazing, who has them & are they awesome?7 Answers
  • How well does colourpop eyeshadow stay on? 16 Answers
Lana R.
Lana R.
These eyeshadows are some of the very best. At only $5, any one can afford these and any one can find the perfect shade for her or his self!! Most people rave primarily about the shimmer shades but I think the matte shades are even better - so buttery smooth and richly pigmented. All the finishes last all day long on the lids when used with a primer and even hold up in heat and activity pretty well without one. There is no fall out for these shades. The only reason I give four stars is because these can be a bit hard to blend and perfect if you don't have the best tools or the most practice/patience! They will also dry out and break very easily if you aren't careful. But overall well worth the money! Only shadows I prefer more are Morphe and MakeupGeek and mainly those only for neutrals and foiled shadows.
Karen R.
Karen R.
The products are not tested on animals, and of course ColourPop communicates about it because it’s also a very strong argument.
A majority of the products are also vegan (not derived from animal based product) and even 100% guaranteed gluten-free! (looool) ( but it’s better to avoid eating them wink )

Another great idea, the brand doesn’t hesitate to show its products directly on the skin, with many swatches. And not just on white skin! The swatches are made on a fair skin, a medium one and a black skin. I find this way of showing its products is super smart!

They’re also very accessible. Communication with the brand is easy either through their customer service or their different social media accounts. The proximity to their customers seems to be very important to them.
I’m not going to complain! smile
Megan S.
Megan S.
tablished beauty brands like Urban Decay and Anastasia Beverly Hills have found popularity on social media among beauty vloggers and Instagrammers, and subsequently the millions of people who follow their every move. But now, so-called Insta-famous beauty brands are really starting to take over the space. One in particular, the almost two-year-old, Los Angeles-based brand ColourPop, burst onto Instagram in all of its colorful glory and captured the hearts — and lips — of seemingly everyone. While beauty influencers raved almost unanimously about the inexpensive products, an undercurrent of suspicion and conspiracy theories popped up surrounding ColourPop. So what is the deal with this brand anyway?
Liona M.
Liona M.
Canton, MI
I have been a fan of shimmery eyeshadows ever since I first began using makeup! Finding shimmery colors that pack intense color pay off and longevity was always a struggle to find. Pros: super pigmented, work AWESOME as a base for a powder color, great size/amount of product for the price, quick product arrival/shipment. My ONLY two small cons with this product is that if you leave the cover unscrewed it can dry out quickly- human error, make sure to screw it back on tightly. Also, these do work best with a powder shadow packed on top to last longer but even on there own, the color pay off is GORGEOUS!

TIP: Apply with your finger for the most intense color pay off. :)
Eli (Gb2346) P.
Eli (Gb2346) P.
Since the brand released a blush formula, their recommendations were to use fingertips for the most coverage, but advised that a flat brush could be used for higher coverage (but less than fingertips) and a duo fiber brush for a “sheer, air brushed effect.” I haven’t tried their blushes yet (I did order) so I’m not sure how the Super Shock Shadow/Pressed Pigment formula differs, but I tried to use that as my guideline when I went to test this as a blush. When I used it on my eye (again, it is not safe for the immediate eye area), it did require two layers for more opaque color–it’s definitely one that lends itself to fingertip application for be
Karito G.
Karito G.
Miami

It had opaque color coverage especially in a single pass with the fingers, but with a stippling brush, it was more semi-transparent to the semi-opaque building cover. Since the brand launched a flushing formula, its recommendations were to use the fingers in its greater coverage, but advised that a flat brush could be used for higher coverage (but less than the fingers) and a fiber duo brush for one "Pure, air-brushed effect." I have not tried their blushes yet (I did not ask) so I'm not sure how the formula differs / pigment pressured Super shock from the shade but tried to use that as my guide when I went to try this Like a blush.
Chrystal G.
Chrystal G.
Chase City, VA
I would have given it a 5 star rating but unfortunately the eyeshadow gave me an rash. First of all I want to say that I love love love Colourpop cosmetics they are absolutely the best and let's not forget very affordable. I actually got the eyeshadow as a free gift because they took so long in shipping out, so I was very excited to try it. I got the eye shadow in "So Lucky" such a beautiful gold color. The eyeshadow apples so smooth and the color is just amazing but unfortunately the eyeshadow gave me rash so I had to stop using it. I must have been allergic to something in the shadow.
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
I jumped on the colourpop bandwagon a few months ago and I have been obsessing over their products ever since. And with the price point on their products like it is, it's no wonder it's all the hype, but when I say the hype is real I mean IT's REAL! For instance the super shock shadows are a one of a kind formula and they're so pigmented that you almost don't want to use anything else. These shadows also require little to no work, you can get away with blending with your fingers and even wear only one shade. Colourpop is totally worth the $5 and more! Don't knock it until you try it!
Elizzabeth S.
Elizzabeth S.
Wichita, KS
This is a taupey-beige color with a lovely metallic sheen (no glitter). This is very much a "one and done" type of shadow - perfect for work or days where you're just feeling lazy. I wore this to work, working in some grays and peaches into the crease and got a ton of compliments at work - shades like this really seem to make my eyes seem bigger. The formula in my pot did seem a tiny bit drier than other CP shades that I have, but that had no impact on the performance of the shadow. Like all of CP shadows, this is very long-wearing - 12+ hours before it even begins to slightly fade.
I like this product but I do not love it. It is beautiful, the pigment, the color and the whipped cream feeling when first opening it. But it starts to crumble on the lid and packaging is not convenient since it breaks up in chunks no easily and dries out if not sealed. It would be nice if this would be packaged in a flip lid rather then screw off cap so it is closed immediately and not lost with other makeup. If colour pop changed the crumbly formula slightly and the packaging I would buy all the shades, as they are unique one of a kind colors. Still wearable if done right.
Nuria M.
Nuria M.
Redmond, WA
Are the Colourpop eyeshadows pigmented ?
Savana H.
Savana H.
Grand Forks, ND
How well does colourpop eyeshadow stay on?
Bethany E.
Bethany E.
Fremont, NE
I still have not tried these shadows despite all the rave about them. My question is, are all of these shadows created equal? Are there some that are more pigmented and easier to work with than others? When I purchase my first shade I don't want to accidentally get a dud color. Any suggestions?
María A.
María A.
Caracas
It is brilliant?
Kira R.
Kira R.
Metuchen, NJ
I've been dying to try this product! However, I'm afraid it won't look good on my skin because I am Indian and since I have a caramel to medium dark skin tone, it may look a little too light for my complexion. Yet, since colourpop products are highly pigmented, do you think I may pull it off?