BY COLOURPOP #8 in Eyeshadow

Bright peacock teal in a Pearlized finish.

• ColourPop Super Shock Eye Shadow Collection what's your f...11 Answers
  • Okay who else are wowed by super shock shadows by colour ...7 Answers
  • Everytime I see these eyeshadows I want to buy some, they...12 Answers
ColourPop Super Shock Eye Shadow Collection
  • "This shadow is SO beautiful! I love all colourpop eye shadows. Their formula is so younique and it stays on all day! No fallout because of the hybrid creamy powder formula." in 1753 reviews
  • "These are amazing shadows. The glitter ones have virtually NO fallout with an amazing amount of shine. It is an odd creamy texture that goes on like a dry normal shadow. All the shades are beautiful. The site is easy to use and shipping was fast! " in 662 reviews
  • "If you want that dramatic blue sparkle this is defintely for you! I have fallen in love with colourpop metallic supershock eyeshadows! The quality is amazing and a little goes a long way! The price is unbeatable for these products! And they last a really long time on the eyes and no primer needed! " in 412 reviews
  • "This is such a perfect blue! I love it so much and it's so creamy and very long lasting. It looks so pretty on any skin tone." in 385 reviews
Jessica T.
I love the creamy consistency of these shadows! I picked up 6 different shades and they all perform very well! Some of the shadows I can apply with a flat shader brush, others you only need to use your finger. These do blend out very well, which I didn’t think was going to happen because of how creamy and pigmented these are! I love the packaging because it keeps the shadows soft and protected, I drop things all the time, so I’m happy to have an airtight seal!

The matte and satin shades apply well with the right brush, the shimmery more glittery shades, definitely use your finger to get a good color payoff. Colourpop is one of my favorite brands for single shadows! These babies are only $5 a pop which I think is a decent price on a high quality/pigmented shadow pan.
(Side note: if you swatch these, the color will stay for quite a while, they definitely do stain the skin a bit).

Some shadows are a hit or a miss, so don’t just look at the pan to determine color, read reviews on specific shadows you are considering on their website to get a better idea of the color and the performance.

I would really like to depot these and put them in a palette but I feel like these shadows aren’t meant to be de-potted, they would most likely dry out in an open palette.

I definitely do recommend these if you are looking for specific colors (they have a huge range of shades). Also, pay attention as some are SS Shadows and others are SS Pigments (which are not meant for the immediate eye area).
Ginny R.
I cannot say enough good things about Colourpop Super Shock Shadows. I get compliments ALL THE TIME about my eye shadow, and it's all thanks to Colourpop. I have like 20+ shades (protip: buy them when they are on sale, they run BOGO or B2G1 sales like all the time). I use ELF eyeshadow primer as a base, always. Usually I mix colors together, if I'm in a hurry, I'll just pick one color to wear. Use your fingers to blend! They blend flawlessly and stay in place, and because of the creamy consistency, there isn't fallout. I know the website recommends using your fingers to apply and blend, but people still want to use their brush, and then get mad when the product doesn't work. USE YOUR FINGERS.Keep the lids on tight. I read somewhere that they should last like 6mo, a bunch of mine are going on 9 or 10 mos and still going strong because I keep the lids on. That should help them not dry out as fast (I do have one color that is kinda dry, but I still use it).My only complaint is that sometimes the colors aren't what I thought they would be. They always appear darker on my computer screen, so now, I'll purchase multiple colors, or if I have to choose between two that I like, I'll go with the lighter hue. CP does a great job at describing the colors too, so pay attention to the description. If there is a color that pulls strong on you and you like it, look for those!
MEREDITH M.
San Diego, CA
I got these online when they had an awesome BOGO deal on the super shocks. I got ten of them for the price of $25 or something. That’s partly why I love ColourPop so much. They have such awesome prices and great quality for the buck, which is important for us millennials, AmIRiiiight?! Anywho. These super shocks are...super. The pigment is shocking. So I see where the name comes from. Nillionaire is one of my favorites. Definitely look on Pinterest and blogs that tell you which are the best of them. I did and I wasn’t left unhappy about any of them. They’re definitely best distributed with your finger, in my opinion, compared to an eyeshadow brush since the product is so creamy and it can clump kinda together easily. Use eyeshadow primer with these as well, I beg of you.
Ashley R.
Super Shock shadows are some of the creamiest, most pigmented cream shadows you'll ever use. The texture is crazy. They feel like creams when you swatch them but perform like powders. The intensity of the shimmers is phenomenal, and these act like stains for your eyes. They're so metallic and vibrant! They're very long-wearing. I have no issues with fading or creasing. I typically have oilier eyelids. However, I'm rating this a 4 star because of how fast they dry out. I don't recommend getting a lot at once. I'm a makeup addict/beauty influencer/Youtuber, so when I buy makeup, I BUY MAKEUP. I don't just buy one or two products at a time. I have an entire collection of these shadows. But as it says on the site, these will dry out over time simply by opening the jar. I don't leave my lids off the jar for long periods of time. When I pick up the product, I'll sit the lid back on the jar when I'm applying.  But I have so many shadows that I can barely use now because they have dried up and lost their pigmentation. They could probably be revived with a hydrating mist, but realistically, it's just not practical. Another thing I'll say is that the mattes aren't as good as the shimmers. And I don't like using a brush with these. With mattes, you're typically applying these more precisely, in which a brush is necessary. But I just don't find that they perform as well with a brush as they do with a finger.
Alexis R.
I have so many that it would take too long to review each one. I only have one matte, because i really only use them in my crease. I’ve used the matte sss in the crease, but once it dries, you can’t really blend them. The satins give the best color payoff. So unique and true to the color in the jar when you put them on. The Metallics and glitters are the perfect toppers. The base color doesn’t show up as much, but the glitters are multi dimensional and beautiful. I love using Dare as a topper over a black base. My go to look is Sequin on the lid, stereo on the outer corner, and plunge on the brow bone. Use any soft, matte brown in the crease.

Once they dry, these colors do. Not. Budge! I’ve used them without primer and have had absolutely no creasing during the day. I love these and look forward to each coming collection.
Jessica A.
Piqua, OH
Oh my goodness I've been wanting to try Colourpop since I seen my favorite YouTuber talk about them. Finally just last week my husband ordered me 8 Super Shock Shadows. Ive only got to try two so far ( Slave2Pink & Birthday Girl ) I gave my daughter Amaze which we ordered 2 of. I love this brand so much, they our cruelty free & these shadows have the best pigmentation ever. Alittle will go a long way. The Shadows are so soft to the touch and so creamy. I could go on about SSS forever & I can't wait to do a full review with pictures of swatches. My daughter tried her Super Shock Shadow in Amaze, she really loved it & said it lasted all day. I highly recommend this Indie brand! You're missing out if you haven't tried Colourpop!
Allyson G.
CUPERTINO, CA
I own the shades Fringe (light champagne/gold glitter), KathleenLights (metallic amber-gold), Amaze (peachy-gold glitter), Acorn (pale pink satin), Drift (cranberry satin), and Mixed Tape (purple/gray/taupe satin). I've only played with a couple of them so far, but I like how easy they are to apply (I always use my finger). Great for a quick, minimal makeup look; I tend to do Acorn with a little bit of Fringe on top (and mascara, of course) if I just want a little something on my eyes. I haven't tried any of their matte colors and I don't think I will because of what I've heard about the formula; I think these are best used in the glitter and metallic formulas. This is probably one of the best glitter formulas I've ever seen--very easy to work with and to clean up, and huge sparkle payoff. (I did have one minor incident where trying to take off Fringe irritated my eyes, but that could've also been an off day with my contacts, since it only happened once.) All in all, definitely worth your money but only for the glitter or metallic shades. And they're releasing new colors and discontinuing old ones all the time so if you like a shade, might want to jump on it--I had a couple colors disappear on me before I could place another order.
Jenn G.
Atascadero, CA
I have heard so many good things about these shadows but was skeptical and didn’t want to order a ton of Colourpop products and not like them so as soon as they became available from Ulta, I ordered! I LOVE these shadows so much! I have 4 now and plan on ordering quite a few more! I love the creamy texture and dang are these PIGMENTED!!! So many beautiful looks to be had with an endless combo of any of their shades. Easiest and best way to apply for myself is a flat dense brush like a concealer brush that has been wet with a setting spray.
Maha S.
Aspen Hill
What an amazing eyeshadow. The pigmentation is insane and they are very creamy. I used a light blue on my medium tan skin and it looks so intense. I used a much more expensive brand a few weeks ago in the same shade and it didn't look half as good as this. I am totally purchasing this brand from now on when it comes to light colors. I totally recommend. The downfall is the texture, I guess because of the formulation they are not securely pressed into the pans so they are not very travel friendly. I am ok with that though I do my makeup at home but just letting you know.
Gabriela C.
My 2 eyeshadows pictured here are Brady and Muse. Muse is the more metallic shade and Brady is the matte shade. The super shock shadows have an incredibly creamy “wet” formula that applies beautifully and the pigmentation is out of this world!!! The pigmentation is SO bright and long-lasting, and they are meant to be applied with your finger, rather than a brush. The colors are even more intense when used with a wet flat shader brush (for the metallic shades on the inner corner of the lid)! My favorite is the metallic shade because of how strong the color is. I definitely recommend super shock shadows, especially metallics, to add to any makeup lover’s kit.
Samantha S.
San Angelo, TX
Do these dry out fast????
Brandy G.
I have always wanted to try color pop and especially their shadows. Are they inexpensive and also, are they as good as the hype?
BreAnna F.
Riverton, UT
Are these awesome? Are they worth the $5?
Lika T.
Tbilisi
I've wanted to buy one of these eyeshadows, are they really pigmented and buttery? they are so beautiful!
Dominique S.
Brooklyn, NY
Can i buy these ColourPop products in sephora or macys? Or do i have to shop online for it on the official site?