BY COLOURPOP #7 in Eyeshadow

Bright peacock teal in a Pearlized finish.

• ColourPop Super Shock Eye Shadow Collection what's your favorite ...7 Answers
  • Okay who else are wowed by super shock shadows by colour pop!? Te...5 Answers
  • Everytime I see these eyeshadows I want to buy some, they look am...11 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Hollie L.
Review for: Mixed Tape
These eyeshadows are very strange. You really have to dig your brush into them to get any color on it, and it takes a little while to build up the color on your eyelid. Not to say that they aren't pigmented, because they really are - but the formula is hard to apply. For their brighter colors (such as Belladonna Lily or Fizz), it's totally worth it. It's hard to find bold statement colors for your eyes that are pigmented, and these last all day long!!! Another thing is the price - at $5, it's unbeatable. But for neutral colors like this one, I would just buy another brand that would be easier to apply, layer, and blend out. Also, this is considered a "creamy powder" formulation (it doesn't feel creamy...it's like a tough powder), so make sure you put the cap back on as soon as you're done. Otherwise, they will dry out. These should not be put in a Z Palette. Another word of advice: the shimmer shades will get glitter all over your face, so either apply your eye makeup before anything else so you can wipe off the shimmer, or stick to the matte shades.
Sarah Z.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I own a variety of metallics and mattes, and these shadows are definitely amazing for the $5 price point! However, they're a bit difficult to apply.

Colourpop's eyeshadow and highlight formulas are unique powder formulas that feel soft, creamy, and squishy (you can leave finger dents in it lol). For this reason, you can't just dig your brush right into it and apply it straight to your eyes because you won't get good color payoff this way. Typically, your fingers are the best tool for applying Colourpop shadows, as well as flat shader brushes.

Don't get me wrong, the shadows are incredibly beautiful. They're pigmented and the metallics are stunningly sparkly. However, this isn't a shadow I find myself reaching for every day due to the difficulty I have applying them. I find that it's hard to blend out the mattes when apply them with my fingers, and it's not very efficient to use a big fluffy blending brush either since the shadows are sort of creamy. I think this formula is best for metallics. I just don't find myself using the mattes often.
Isabel C.
San Fernando, CA
Review for: Cheap Date
Let me start off by saying I only recently started using eyeshadow. I'm a biology tutor at a community college and the center I work in has a really relaxed dress code allowing me more freedom. This eyeshadow is incredibly soft and smooth feeling. A few of them are incredibly sparkly. Some of them like Krinkle, Cheap Date, and Nillionare are almost like a pure glitter cream and I love it. I have hooded eyelids and the other eyeshadows I've used always crease and migrated, but every Colourpop eyeshadow I've tried has stayed put. They call it their super shock shadow formula and it is honestly amazing. It's like a dense cream that dries like a powder, but it doesn't budge once dry. Which is perfect for someone like me who is out of the house all day and too busy to touch up my makeup. And with the high color pay off a little goes a long way. Make sure to close the container all the way or they will dry out. And they apply best using your fingers which I am completely in love with because cleaning brushes is my least favorite thing to do.
Claudia M.
I have this in Mixed Tape, which is a lovely, shimmery, deep, cool lavender reminiscent of Stila's late, lamented Puck. I'm intrigued by and pleased with these shadows--the texture in interesting, but I find it easy to apply and blend, heavy or light, with fingers. I pat this on my lid (over BE's 5-in-1 cream shadow as a base) and blend it upward with a finger, and it works just fine. It wears well--8+ hours on a hot day with no creasing, and I set it with just the lightest dusting of pressed powder in the crease. I find this shadow very flattering--not too shimmery, but enough to bring light to the eye and define it beautifully. To keep the "magic" in (as ColourPop says), I mist the product with water before replacing the cap after each use, and I've had no change in texture or ease of application. I don't get the ColourPop hate--I find their products cheap, high-quality, and unique in formulation and color. I've already purchased Girl Crush and plan to purchase more since I like the formula and wear so well. Nice job, ColourPop!
FARAH A.
Old Bridge, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a taupey-beige color with a lovely metallic sheen (no glitter). This is very much a "one and done" type of shadow - perfect for work or days where you're just feeling lazy. I wore this to work, working in some grays and peaches into the crease and got a ton of compliments at work - shades like this really seem to make my eyes seem bigger. The formula in my pot did seem a tiny bit drier than other CP shades that I have, but that had no impact on the performance of the shadow. Like all of CP shadows, this is very long-wearing - 12+ hours before it even begins to slightly fade.I purchased this one mostly because of the cause - and I ended up loving the shade. It is a bit of a light color and won't really show up on your lids without really building it up - would be great as an eyebrow or inner corner highlight. It's a peachy pink that is almost a duochrome (I'm a sucker for duochrome...anything). I think this shade may be discontinued now - or will be discontinued soon.
Aleena P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wanted to like these shadows. I really did. I like the idea of them. I like that they are different. But they are just not anything amazing. Different is as special as these get. You have to apply them with a synthetic brush or your fingers because they won't pick up otherwise. This wouldn't be an issue but when I'm applying it i feel like I get more that sticks to my finger than I get to actually apply on my eyelid. If I could find some way to just jam my eyelid in there it would be great. They are pigmented but the really bold and pretty colors like bae or coconut need quite a few layers to show up strongly JUST because they stick to my finger so much and don't want to apply unless I RUB the heck out of my eyelid and mess up my contact in the process. I like them as a base to make other shadows pop. I'm not saying they aren't worth buying. I just don't think they are even in the top 5 best shadows. They blend ok but I would never use them for transition or crease color
Courtney H.
Selah, WA
Ok... Let me just start by saying OMFG THESE ARE INCREDIBLE!
When I first started to use these I was super surprised by he texture and the fact that it was hard to use a brush with them. But I quickly mastered it and now they are all I use about %99 of the time.
As far as pigment, depending on he shade you wear, I'd give them a 9.5-10
Blendability-7-10(I think it's easy but it can be difficult)
Wear-These last and last and last. My eyes can get watery and these still stay put. With or without a primer these shadows and their pigments rock my world.
I feel that hear are better and easier to work with than my MAC, Urban Decay and other high end brands. I would pick these over Morphe or any brand just about any day of the week. I recently got some MUFE shadows, and as beautiful as they are, I still am drawn to ColourPops huge range of shades and for the price point of $5... You can't beat it!!!!
Melissa B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This review is not going to sound like a four star review, so bear with me! This line of shadows is INCREDIBLY hit and miss. Colourpop can only be purchased online, and without the ability to return, it can be a little bit daunting. The shadows have a nice spongey texture, and when applied with a damp brush, most are actually very pigmented. Any shades that have a blended formula or a lot of glitter WILL produce a lot of fallout, and I've had several shades become hard and unusable long before I hit pan, and I take great care of my shadows. All of that said, Colourpop keeps their prices so dang low that with the risk of any negatives, there's still not a single product they make, Supershock shades included, that I wouldn't try out for the price. The products are usually top notch, at least for the first while, and even for a few weeks of wear, you just can't beat the price.
Heidi C.
I was unsure about trying a cream type eyeshadow and wondered if it would actually stay on, have any fallout, or have decent pigmentation.

ColourPop blew my expectations out of the water. I LOVE the color pay off, I love how easy they are to apply (I use my fingers to apply as that seems to have the best color payoff, and little to no fallout). I use these shadows when I am going to be out at night, and they are perfect in the summer as they don't crease or budge on me. I use a primer because I have oily eyelids and these blend nicely, and a pot will last a long, LONG time.

They don't smell strange or anything like that either. Make sure when closing the lid, you screw it on tightly because they do and can dry out. Sometimes to revive them if they do dry out, you can put a drop of oil in them and swirl your finger around.

Overall, these are amazing. Highly recommend.
Connie W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Pros
Very smooth texture
Easy to blend
Crease resistant without primer
Nice shimmery metallic effect

Cons
Mid tone colors are kind of sheer
Only available online at this time

Price
$5 for 0.07 oz / 2.1 g
Pretty generous pot

Verdict
Rating: B+
I was pleasantly surprised by the creamy texture of this "powder" eyeshadow. Upon swatch it seems pigmented, but when I blend It's A Boy or Un on my lid it just looks like a wash of shimmer, not much color to it. Without a primer these wear pretty well, but the color shows up more with a primer.
I love Jenn I'm so I purchased her shadows, they're very wearable so I will actually get some use out of them. Of course on my oily lids they are still going to crease. Looking forward to wearing these more for neutral eye looks

Repurchase?
Maybe.

Would I recommend them?
Yes, the price is very reasonable for the quality.
Samantha S.
Do these dry out fast????
Brandy G.
I have always wanted to try color pop and especially their shadows. Are they inexpensive and also, are they as good as the hype?
BreAnna F.
Riverton, UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are these awesome? Are they worth the $5?
Lika T.
Tbilisi
I've wanted to buy one of these eyeshadows, are they really pigmented and buttery? they are so beautiful!
Dominique S.
Can i buy these ColourPop products in sephora or macys? Or do i have to shop online for it on the official site?