BY COLOURPOP

Suggested Usage: -Apply with your favorite shadow brushes. -Flat and firmer brushes will give the most color payoff. -Fluffier brushes are great for blending. -Use a small, angled brush to line the eyes. What it is formulated WITHOUT: - Parabens -... see more...

• Has anyone tried the ColourPop - Shadow Palettes - Kathle...6 Answers
  • How does this look on medium tan golden skin tone?? I rea...7 Answers
  • opinions on the 'Dream st' palette? Or the 'Yes please' p...5 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Liesl G.
I have a couple of colour pop eye shadow palettes and for the price the formula is exceptional.  It's not going to blend as easily as say an ABH palette, but for less than half the price it's fantastic.  I love the colors in the Dream St. Palette,  I honestly have been watching Kathleen Lights on Youtube for some time now and that certainly influenced my purchase.

I have about a dozen palettes, and this is my most reached for, the colors work so beautifully together,  I have had so many inspired looks.  I have fair skin and the shade Sweet Dreams, is just this perfect Champagne, peachy color that I cannot get enough of.  It is so easy to apply with your finger and can be used in so many looks.  I personally cannot apply this shade with a brush though, when I use a brush there seems to be a lot of fall out and it doesn't show up much on the lid, it seems like much of the color falls off the brush, so just trust me when I say "use your finger".  But this is probably my second most used shade of all my eyeshadows.   If you use it with Spark it give you this beautiful firey look, with water bearer you can get this soft glistening water inspired look. It goes so well with all the colors in this palette.

I also really enjoy this palette because it includes several browns that can be used for transition shades and elvish is good for deepening up any eye look. Moony is a great highlight shade.  And of course you have Kaleidoscope, which no picture can do it justice.  It looks very silvery in so many pictures but it has a shift in it with some bluish green undertones and isn't like an in your face silver as it almost has a nude look to it.  I do like taking this palette on trips with me because I feel like I can create so many different looks from such a small palette and it has everything I need.

I use this palette all year around I have used every shade (which I cannot say about most of my palette).  You do have to build up some shades or work a little more for blending but for $16 this palette is so worth it.  I know I have read some reviews about there being kick back and fall out.  I have experienced some fall out when applying but nothing over the top,  I almost always do my eyes first though.  As far as kickback, I personally have not experienced, I mean there is a little bit of kickback if I'm being aggressive but nothing I've though "wow this is powdery", I think some kickback is expected from pigmented shadows.  I purchased my palette when it was first released so I'm not sure if mine is better pressed but personally kick back is something I'm sure happens when I use this palette but is not something that I've noticed or really think about when using this palette.
Allyson G.
CUPERTINO, CA
(Really this should be like a 3.5, but they don't give you the option to do half-star ratings, and I'm not really comfortable rounding up for a few reasons.)

Okay, so I ordered this palette a couple months ago and I thought I was going to fall in love. The Colourpop palettes are pretty small but I think that makes them great for travel (and yes I know that phrase is so overused, but also, if you're an eye shadow addict like I am, having some smaller palettes--if the price reflects the size--is never a bad thing). I think the color selection is gorgeous, very wearable for spring with a nice mix of mattes and shimmers, and the blue shades are so interesting and different. (It's funny, since this palette launched I've seen like 3 different brands come out with "warm neutral w/ a pop of blue" palettes...not gonna be buying any of them probably since I have this one). I was also happy to support Kathleen since she's one of my favorite Youtubers and so funny.

However, I have a couple of issues with this palette that I haven't seen anyone else talk about; I'm wondering means I just got one from a bad batch? First of all, my palette came with two of the shades in the wrong spot (Magical, the peach matte transition color, is in the bottom left corner where Kaleidoscope, the silver-blue-white shimmer, is supposed to be, and vice versa), which isn't that big a deal to me honestly. There's no way I'm getting them confused if I'm trying to follow a tutorial. Sweet Dreams, the light gold shimmer on the far left in the second row, has like 0 pigment, and Moony, the pink-white shimmer Kathleen says she uses for brow bone and inner corner highlight, doesn't show up too well also, though it bothers me less for Moony.

But my biggest issue is that Shooting Star, the light brown matte in the top left corner of the palette, is crazy powdery, like Subculture levels of kickback! Every time I use it I end up having to blow away so much loose shadow, no matter how lightly I tap my brush in, which is just a waste of product. I will say that the other matte colors do NOT have this issue, and I like them a lot and they blend well. And the teal shimmer Mermaid Boy has insanely beautiful pigment. So I don't know...for what I paid, most of these are issues I can look past to have a palette with a unique color story in my collection. But I don't think I'd buy this again.
Charlea M.
Caro
I had ordered this palette from Ulta a couple of days ago and I kept bouncing back and forth on canceling my order. I was pleasantly surprised at the size when I first opened the box. I had not paid attention to the dimensions online when I had purchased it. I had never tried ColourPop until I had purchased this palette. I had originally thought that it was going to be bigger but the size has definitely grown on me. It is small but it is great for travel and for keeping on your vanity for every day use. I would have to say that I am an eyeshadow palette junkie. The color story is definitely stunning and very wearable for every day looks. There is definitely a nice mix of mattes and shimmers, and the blue shades give it that little pop that it needs to stand out. There is a little bit of fall out which I don’t mind because there is just so much pigment. You do not need much on the brush to see the payoff. I recommend either doing your eyes first or baking while doing your eyeshadow so it catches the fallout. I am definitely happy that I made the choice to support Kathleen and ColourPop. Her videos are definitely ones that I look forward to seeing. I 100% recommend this palette!
Felisha J.
Bronx, NY
The best everyday palette ever!!!!!! Also has some cool pop of color, which I really enjoy. I purchased it a few months ago and every time I’m going to do my eyeshadow I have to use this palette, I’ve hit pan on the shade shooting star it’s my perfect crease color. I hope colourpop never discontinues this palette because it is bomb and I would totally repurchase in the future. The shadows are so soft and super pigmented and blendable. It has a mix of matte, shimmer, and satin. In this specific look I used shooting star al over my eye lids and into my crease, also added a little of potion in me crease, and finally a pop of glitter I mixed star dust and twinkle and applied it as my lid shade. On my Lower lash line I used a green color from my BH Cosmetics 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette 1st Edition I would totally recommend these both eyeshadow palettes Colourpop and Bh cosmetics are brands that give you amaizing quality eyeshadow and are so affordable.
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
This is by far my favorite pressed shadow palette Colourpop’s ever done. I use it atleast 4 times a week and it blends effortlessly. They last on the eyes the entire day and I couldn’t recommend this more to everyone! I love that you can get any kind of look you want out of this whether it be very subtle and neutral or bold and bright. You can even just spice a neutral look up with a pop of blue or coral. The variety of mattes vs. shimmers are also amazing. Love the rose gold tones in the palette and I just think everything ties together and completes each other so well. I was way more impressed and in love with this palette than I thought I would be. I purchase from CP’s website on the launch day and when they restocked I went back and purchased 2 more back up palettes because I love it that much and never want to be without it. CP also makes one of my fave pressed shadow formulas at the time. They are a little drier than some other high end brands but they blend amazing, the pigmentation is beautiful, and they never get muddy or patchy. This is the perfect palette for a beginner looking to just dabble into color for the first time because the holds aren’t too overwhelming or scary. I really don’t think you can go wrong with this palette. I’m pretty sure it’s Limited Edition so get it while you can! This palette just recently launched at Ulta so that is another place you could grab it as well and use your points!!! Don’t sleep on this palette, you WILL regret it if you don’t end up buying it while it’s available!!
Caitlin L.
Tulsa, OK
This is the first Colourpop eyeshadow palette I’ve bought. Kathleen is one of my favorite youtubers and I really liked the color scheme for this palette. This has a good mix of mattes and shimmers as well. There’s the ability to create day time looks and night time looks. The one thing that kind of surprised me was how small the palette is, but I really can’t complain when the palette was only $16 and I got it with a discount on top of that. Overall, I liked how the shadows performed and wore throughout the day. My main gripe is the shimmers tend to apply better and more opaque when I use my finger or use a wet brush. They’re definitely on the drier side and can be a little chunky. The only matte shadow I had an issue with was Elvish which felt drier and had more kickback than I would have liked. Overall, I do enjoy the palette and it works for me. I think for $16 you can’t go wrong.
Yadira G.
Pacoima
This palette is great to travel with! When I went to Mexico this was one of the ones I took because of the variation of looks I could do with this palette. The colors are nice and pigmented. They blend nicely together. You can do anything from a natural eyeshadow to a Smokey eyeshadow look with these colors. The glitter ones give you a nice glitter pay off. Sometimes I prefer using the glitter shadows with my finger instead because you get a more pigmented look. The only downside about this palette is that it doesn’t come with a mirror and for me a mirror is a must on eyeshadow palettes because when you travel you don’t want to be carrying a mirror by itself when it can be easily incorporated into the palette. Other then it not having a mirror, I really like this palette and always seem to be using it.
Caroline D.
I was kind of disappointed in this because ColourPop has so many good products. PROS: Beautiful color arrangement. Easy to do a neutral eye or a colorful eye. Nice mix of shimmers and matte's.

Cons:  SO MUCH KICK UP and SO MUCH fallout. This just seems like  a waste of product for me. There is no mirror which is kind of a bummer. The green shade in the pallet got all over the surrounding palette surface in mine so it's kind of a mess. The shimmers need a wet brush and need to be layered if you are applying them on top of another shadow. Even when applied on top of a concealer I still had to really work to build it up. I wish the highlight shade had more a pop.
Christi W.
San Antonio, TX
This was my very first colourpop eyeshadow palette purchase. I had wanted it because kathleenlights is my favorite YouTuber. I use this palette literally every day. Mooney is my favorite color of all time for the lid. I've used every single color in this eyeshadow palette numerous times the pigment is fantastic! The mattes are soft and blendable with a lot of pigment. The shimmers are incredible..colourpop is the best beauty company out there when it comes to foil or shimmer pigments. I can't stand blue eyeshadow but this blue and the pallet I've used it and it looks fantastic on my blue eyes. If you're hesitant to buy this palette don't be because you will use it on the daily!
Ashley P.
Wheelersburg , OH
I got the Kathleenlightsxcolourpop palette for my birthday and I have used it almost everyday since. You can create everyday looks, or something more glam very easily with these shades. It’s very affordable..the shadows are super pigmented, however a few shades have to be applied with you finger because the fallout is pretty rough. Also, a few of the shades are similar, and I think they could’ve added a bit more variety. Overall, this product is totally worth the money. The shades are beautiful, pigmented, and they blend well.
Andeilys E.
Candace T.
How does this look on medium tan golden skin tone?? I really love the colors but not sure what they’ll look like on me!
Ashlee W.
Has anyone tried the ColourPop - Shadow Palettes - Kathleen Lights (Dream St.) ? I just got it today and it swatches nicely!
Nicole B.
Apple Valley
Is this product worth the price?
Natalia M.