Add a Photo

By COLOURPOP
#7 in Highlighter

Fingertip application will provide the highest amount of coverage, and for a more sheer look we suggest using a flat synthetic cheek/foundation brush or a duo fiber brush. A flat synthetic brush will give more coverage and the duo fiber brush will give a more air brushed effect. Colour builds from natural to intense, build to your heart’s desire!

Close that sucker up tight! Don’t leave the jar opened for long periods of time. You may lose some of the magic that makes the Super Shock Cheek so amazing.

Photos (555)
Heather W.
Heather W.

I have 20 CP highlighters and this is by far the best. I was so happy that this collab was brought back so I could finally try. It applies like a dream, it's so smooth and creamy and the golden sheen is to die for. This shade "Glo Up" needs to be permanent. I bought a pack of three blushes for $21USD. To me, this is a bargain. I got a pack that's supposed to suit medium skintones - it includes Wisp (a cool-based bronze shade), Frosted (a yellow-based bronze shade) and Whipped (a multicoloured highlighter with bits of pink and cool-based bronze on it).

I really like these highlighters! They are pigmented, well-priced and suit my skintone. I find that they work better when applied with fingers instead of a brush. I used to use a brush for these and not as much of the highlighter applied on my skin compared to if I use my fingers. Doing that is fine with me, but I took one lippie away for that because I personally prefer to use a brush for highlighters.

Next time I go on a Colourpop shopping spree (I live outside the US so I have to collect a lot of products on my shopping cart to qualify for international shipping first), I would definitely consider getting another highlighter from them. This is the first time I've tried any highlighters from Colourpop, and it's better than all the drugstore ones I've tried that are sold at a similar price range
Sammi K.
Sammi K.
Cleveland, OH

I was always very skeptical about cream based highlighters, until I purchased the marc jacobs glow stick. While browsing the colourpop website (after months and months of window shopping) I decided to give these a try. I ended up buying 4 different shades because I figured I needed to give them a decent shot, incase one didn't work out so well for me. I have never fallen in love with something so fast in my entire life. I opted into getting 2 of the lightest shades for the winter and spring months (flexitarian &lunch money) and picked up two more champagney peach shades for the summer and early fall months (might be & butterfly beach). The second I opened them I was nervous because of the texture, but the section they touch your skin they turn into a blenadable powder like finish. My only complaint about the products is that they aren't sold in stores and I can't swatch all of the colors before ordering another round of them. Other than that they're such a affordable highlighter with such an awesome color pay off! You definitely need to apply them with your fingers or a beauty blender, or whatever type of beauty sponge you use. They melt into your skin but can be layered for intensity. But the second you apply with a regular brush you don't receive the color payoff that you're paying for. They're awesome by themselves but also look unbelievable with a powder highlight covering them for days when you can't seem to glow enough.
Ece B.
Ece B.

I only have the ColourPop highlighter in Wisp, which I solely purchased because I heard it was a dupe for Becca's Champagne Pop and MAC's Whisper of Gilt, neither of which I had back then (now I have the Champane Pop face palette and ADORE the highlight).
Let me just get this out of the way. This highlight is worth the money ($8!!). Better than any highlight you can pick up at CVS (except maybe those Wet n Wild ones, but I haven't tried those). This knocks Maybelline's highlights OUT OF THE PARK, and if anyone's got complaints about $5 shipping for domestic orders- they have deals and $5 off coupons all the time.
So here are the pros and cons (heads up peeps I have normal-slightly oily skin- not that it matters that much for this product).
PROS:
-blinding when applied with finger
-extremely smooth and creamy
-has a lot of slip and thus can be blended into a super natural glow too
-Amazing range of colors for all different skin tones and preferences
-$8!! You can't go wrong
CONS:
-Nonexistent if you try to apply with a highlighter brush. Don't. Just don't.
-Wisp has some chunky glitter here and there which I've heard can annoy people in some of the other shades but when I use my finger and blend, it's all good
-Dries out if you leave the cap open for too long (the ColourPop Curse)
Yulianny G.
Yulianny G.
Medley, FL

The peculiarity is that they have a wide range of colors, which are very natural, are inexpensive and undoubtedly texture. I can handle 8 hours without problems although this will depend on the skin of each one. They have the same texture as the shadows of Coloupop. They have a moist texture and very soft, these when you touch the shape of the finger marked in the product. They are very easy to apply either with your fingers or brush, having the texture so fine they fade great.It is recommended to apply them with your finger as it is as intense as they are left, I apply them with both synthetic hair brush and with the fingers. It is true that the fingers melt better with the skin.The packaging is white threaded with a small transparent window so that we can see the contents of the product with the logo of Color Pop. The quality of the plastic is quite good for the economics that they are, the only one that I see is that being white It gets very dirty.They certainly have a 10 out of 10 for its price, quality, durability on the skin and ease of application work.
Certainly yes, apart from the texture and quality they have are very economical and have a wide range of colors and finishes.
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Rosamond, CA

I have a love/hate relationship with this formula. I love the beam of light you can get from this highlighter and I love how affordable they are ($8 - although there are some drugstore highlights that are more affordable and better if not just as good). I also love the soft luxurious feel of them when you first get it. Now to the "hate" part: I don't like that you generally have to use your fingers for the best payoff and then you really get just as much, if not more product left over on your fingers that is wasted. I also don't like having to stick my fingers in something that may get unsanitary over time. The colors are good but they do seem to dry out really quickly. You know how most products on the market say they have a shelf life and you can keep them longer? Like that, do you? Not with this one. Even if you follow the directions and keep closed tightly, they may not even last as long as they should. I love them for a while but you have to buy them knowing that they won't last very long and you have to reconcile that to yourself if you expect to be happy in the long run. Personally, I'd rather take the $8 and buy something I know will last longer. I'd recommend with caution.
Kate M.
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY

I have been wanting to try Coloupop for a while now and their highlighters were at the top of my list. I finally made an order and decided to go with Glo-Up and I am AMAZED. This is probably the most beautiful highlighter I've ever used and I've tried so many. It's not shimmery or glittery in a gross, cheap way.. it really makes you glow and gives you a beautiful bronzed look. I cannot speak highly enough about this brand! I loved everything else I purchased but this is definitely a product I will be using everyday. Can't wait to go back and order more shades :) They recommend you apply this with a finger or a flat brush, and I actually found a standard blush brush worked the best. Fingers work super well for their eyeshadows but there's just too much area to cover on your cheek bones to use a finger (for me at least). My flat brush wasn't picking up any product for some reason, and the blush brush was perfect. The pigment is absolutely buildable so don't worry about looking insanely glowy after one application. The product itself is like a powdery cream, it's hard to describe, but whatever it is it works so well...and is under $10 ?! In love with Colourpop!
Gia K.
Gia K.
Durham, NC

I give Colourpop as a brand high marks for their innovation, quality and performance.
These highlighters are probably my second favorite from the brand (The Ultra Satin lips, being the first) and it's for a few important reasons.

I love powder highlighters because they're just the easiest to use, but I also love how natural creamy highlighters are. Colourpop Highlighters are definitely a powder formula, but the texture is very comparable to a cream to powder / mousse type of product.

They sit on top of powders very well if you decide to apply it after setting your face and they layer well with other highlighter formulas if you are creating a more dimensional highlighted look.

I like to apply the shade: Wisp first on the tops of my cheek bones in a c formation, hitting the temples and browbone, on the sides of the forehead, tip of the nose and the cupid's bow, sometimes a little on the chin as well and the lips. and then if I want a little bit more extra, I take a fluffy brush and run the shade "Lunch Money" on top of all those areas to make everything brighter.
Set with MAC Fix + or UD Chill Setting Spray and you're guaranteed to glow all day.

Alejandra A.
Alejandra A.
Doral, FL

COLOURPOP IS AMAZING!
The price point is definitely on the affordable side and the highlighters are only $8. Every time you go on their website, there is a $5 off coupon if you enter a different email address which basically covers the payment for shipping.

The highlighter is very buildable and you can go for a more subtle, natural light look or pack on more product and have a great "night out on the town" glow.

Each highlighter obviously has shimmer, but has different undertones. Monster has a champagne pink tone which is great for warming up the face like blush. They come in little pots and you can apply the highlight with your fingers or with a makeup brush (fan brush for better results). It has a semi-creamy texture and has great color payoff!
Winny C.
Winny C.

I have the shade Wisp. Colourpop's highlighters cost $8. This $8 highlighter is a golden champagne shade with mini golden pearls. The color is buildable so you can look like a golden goddess. The product itself is incredibly silky and soft and applies smoothly. The pigmentation is great. Like I already said, it is buildable or it can give a subtle glow. Colourpop recommends using synthetic or duofiber brush.  You can also use your finger and your finger's warmth to melt the product on your skin. But my favorite way to apply Wisp is with a damp beauty sponge. It gives a natural finish without disturbing the product I already have on my face. Also with a damp beauty sponge, it is easier to control and build the amount of highlight I want on my face. Like Colourpop's Super Shock shadows, you need to twist the highlighter close or it will dry out. Colourpop has a variety of highlighters so whatever your skin tone is, Colourpop has got your cheekbones! Highly recommend!
My Beautiful Flaws ..
My Beautiful Flaws ..
Collierville , TN

ColourPop makes my favorite highlighters on the market. I steered away from them for a while because of the low price point and because I perceived that the texture was incorrectly a powder. It isn't a powder at all, and the price isn't in any way indicative of the quality of this amazing highlighter. I have spent a fortune on other high-end highlighters that just sit on my vanity. I use my ColourPop highlighters every day. The texture is incomparable to anything else I've tried before. It looks like a powder, but when you touch it, it is a soft springy-like, cushion, almost gel-like consistency. It's not a pure gel but rather a cross between a gel and a powder.... very difficult to describe. You can apply with your fingers for a more effective and highlighting effect or with a brush for a softer, more blended effect. I use both methods depending on the look I'm going for that day. You must keep it tightly sealed or it will dry up. Highly recommend!
Kc S.
Kc S.
Mckinney, TX

What is the best way to apply this product?
Andrea B.
Andrea B.

So I've been looking into getting some highlighters and I've heard pretty good things about colourpop. But people always tell me Anastasia Beverly Hills is the one to go with? Does colourpop stand a chance?
Megan T.
Megan T.

Is this a good quality highlighter????
Jada V.
Jada V.

I've never tried anything from colour pop. What is the best product from them?
Johanna D.
Johanna D.

Does this come up too shiny on oily skin?