BY COLOURPOP #51 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Pressed Powder Shadow Highly pigmented shadow that applies evenly and feels ultra-velvety and silky. This long wearing formula contains a unique combination of softer powders which adheres easily to the eyes, gives a soft focus effect, and blends smoothly and evenly.

Get a load of this bold beauty. The perfect mix of edgy dramatic with a girly twist and bold pops of colour, this baby has you covered for the season. Our first palette with all four finishes: matte, metallic, satin, and duochrome, make it so easy to shake up the scene.

Feels: metallic soft opalescent pink
Late Night: metallic copper with gold duochrome
Silk Street: matte purple-fuchsia
Rayon: metallic dark coral with blue-green duochrome
Go With the Flow: matte true peach
Subdue: metallic lavender with blue-green duochrome
Opulent: metallic bright true fuchsia
Labyrinth: matte dusty pink
Blank Canvas: matte deep maroon
Sea Stars: matte medium yellow brown
Details: matte smoky burgundy sprinkled with hot pink glitter
Peace of Mind: metallic bright burgundy

Application Tips
TIPS: Apply with your favorite shadow brushes. Flat and firmer brushes will give the most color payoff. Fluffier brushes are great for blending. Use a small angled brush to line the eyes.

Ingredients
Feels: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Lauryl Laurate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mineral Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 771...

• Would you wear this makeup for Easter service? Lol (excus...4 Answers
  • I have been eyeing on this palette but wondering are the ...3 Answers
  • Is this eyeshadow palette really pigmented?6 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "Element of Surprise may be my favourite palette from ColourPop so far...maybe...definitely top 3. Packaging is bright and pretty and so are the shades - bolder and very pigmented as always. The formula itself is softer which I find interesting. " in 41 reviews
  • "This eyeshadow palette has shades you can use to make a everyday look and a nighttime, going out look! It has your neutral shades as well as a few pops of color, making it very versatile. The quality is great, the colors are pigmented and not patchy. And applying them is easy!" in 8 reviews
  • "The element of surprise palette is a gorgeous Berry tone, 12 pan palette oh, that includes Matt metallic and Shimmer shades. The formula is very rich and pigmented, blends very nicely , and stays put on the lid for a long period of time. The shade subdue is a beautiful holographic purple that looks amazing on a Halo eye. The palette includes transition and highlight shades as well. You will have no problem creating several different looks using only this palette." in 7 reviews
Christine L.
Huge ColourPop fan over here and this palette did not disappoint. I love the overall colors of this palette- the overall pinkish tone got me out me out of my comfort zone just enough to get me to try something new but not scare me away. My favorite shade is Black Canvas, it's a shimmery one and SO beautiful!! This is really the perfect palette for spring and summer! Although I must say that I do think the more brown colors such as Peace of Mine and Late Night would work perfectly for fall as well so I guess what I'm saying is that it would work year round, ha.

These colors were easy to blend out and show up really pigmented. Some tips I have are to either use a wet brush or your fingers to apply the shimmers to really pack it on there. This helps with the pay out and really helps you control exactly where you want the shimmer. Fall out has been pretty minimal so I'm pretty happy with that.

I must note that these shadows don't last as long as I like. Not saying that they don't last long because they totally do (!!!) but it's just not as much as I would want it to. Just make sure you either use a primer or concealer (don't set) before you apply the shadows & use setting spray once you're done! That should help them last through the day. If anything, a little touch up would do the trick!

Overall, I am really happy with the palette & especially because of its price. It's truly a great value!

(Also can I just say that ColourPop NAILED the packaging?! IT'S GORGEOUS!!!)
Jesa L.
Oklahoma City
I cant stop with this palette! So many looks, mostly basic, but these colors are beautiful. That pink!!! I was going to buy another palette just for the hot pink shade and that palette cost 3 times more than this one so I saved money on this palette but got the same quality. This palettehas several similar shades to that expensive palette and others I've seen, but they're beautiful colors, blend well, pigmented, and almost creamy. The colors go on beautifully. I did have to use my finger to apply the copper and gold shades which I dont like, but it just took one swipe to get a really good pay off on the color. I apologize for the sideways pictures, but in the edit phase, I'd turn them right side up 3 or 4 times and they'd just go back to sideways. They're not even sideways on my camera.
Kristen C.
Newark, DE
This palette IS a surprise! I wasn't sure if I could pull these colors off when I first received the palette from a friend, but Colourpop themselves showed me I was wrong! They tweeted a link to a look with it, the 'Ethereal Pink' eyelook got my attention and I decided to go for it, even though I am pale and had blue eyes and the model was a gorgeous deep tan with brown eyes. The look wasn't hard at all and I only had to pause the vide once or twice and with lots of blending I achieved the look! I modified it for my eye shape, which is hooded, and was satisfied with my look. Once I ventured out I got complements galore! I was afraid the pinky look would look sick or infected on me but it looked exactly as they had claimed: ethereal! I was told to keep that look in my repertoire for the future! Which I gladly will. I'm. Ow eagerly looking up more looks to try with this palette, it truly did surprise me!
Sarah G.
Oak Island, NC
I got this palette in my boxycharm for the month of April and I do enjoy it. I do enjoy colourpop palettes in general so I was definitely not disappointed with getting more colourpop eyeshadow. they have such a great formula and I love them all so much however this palette just doesn't do it for me in the color selection it's a little, I don't know, strange? I'm not a huge fan of Pink and the pink Shimmer just kind of throws me off in there because it's not something I'll really ever use more than likely and that dark brown in there is matte but it has like chunks of pink glitter in it which is very odd to me but it does go with the palette. it's surprising which the name of the palette suggests. But if you are into that kind of thing I definitely suggest checking out this palette because you can't go wrong with colourpop shadows because they're just the greatest.
Dana B.
Louisville, KY
I've said it before but I've yet to try a badd color pop eye shadow. This 1 is no different. I love the purples and pinks they're so much fun to use for Spring and summer. But I also feel like this palette is very diverse and I could also use it in the winner to warm up a lot of looks. It is a complete palette with neutrals and shimmers and they blend out beautifully. The shimmery colors do a little bit better when you use a wet brush with say a setting spray they pack on a little bit. The staying power on this palette is not as much as some of the ones that I've used I feel like the darker colors fade a little bit throughout the day but it's not something that happens quickly. When I'm talking about fading on talking 6 8 10 hours so it's still a very good palate for the price.
Erika S.
Hayward
I cannot say enough great things about Colourpop’s pressed shadows. This has been the latest addition to my Colourpop eyeshadow collection and it, much like my other palettes, certainly did not disappoint. Colourpop has some of the best quality eyeshadows I’ve come across to date, and date I say it may just be my absolute favorite formula I’ve ever come across. Most of Colourpop’s pressed eyeshadow palettes are 12 pans, and retail for $16 (before tax and shipping). I’ve come to find that oftentimes they are having some kind of promotion or sale on their website, for example I have never had to pay for shipping on any order that I’ve placed to date, by applying a promo they had going on at checkout. Colourpop has so many beautiful shadows, and Element of Surprise contains so many fun, unique choices to play with. If you haven’t already tried their shadows I highly, highly recommend them.

First photo: Feels, Late Night, Silk Street,Rayon
Second photo: Go With the Flow, Subdue, Opulent, Labyrinth
Third photo: Blank Canvas, Sea Stars, Details, Peace of Mind
Sara C.
Portales , NM
I wish I could give this palette 5 stars, but I just can’t and I’ll tell you why. The Element of Surprise palette is a 12 shadow palette (5 matters and 7 shimmers). I have been using this palette for a couple weeks now and let me tell you the mattes are amazing! Love the matte formula can’t get enough! The pigment is unreal across the board. Truly, can’t get behind some of the shimmers, though. In my opinion, some shades such as Silk Street, Feels, and Opulent came off very muddy when applied on the eyelid regardless of method of application. Blank Canvas is the best shimmer in this palette to me, it’s a beautiful, well pigmented warm maroon shimmer. Rayon is the “highlight” shimmer in the palette and surprisingly it looks very white in the palette, but in the sun it is very iridescent pink. I do think the color story is a little out there, but it does work well together to create unique looks. I love this palette, but i do believe there are improvements that could be made.
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
I love Colourpop; if you still haven't tried them, you really need to! They offer so many high quality, high end products but at an affordable price! They are always first at catching trends and putting out amazing products so that anyone can get in on them, and they offer just as wide of a range in classics. The Element of Surprise palette is full of neutrals like (Brown's, tans, creams, and peach) in multiple finishes (Mattes and shimmers), with a couple fun colors like pink and purple. This palette would be beautiful for anyone and would easily become a staple that you reach for often!
Ashley P.
Philadelphia , PA
As with any colourpop palette, this one is also super pigmented with BIG color payoff. A little goes a longggg way with the right brushes, and right technique. These are also super softly pressed, so be careful with how mich pressure you apply to your brush into the pans. I love every single color in this palette, and love trying different combos with different colors. There’s so much you can do with the choice of shadows in this one. Another win for colourpop! Also super affordable for anyone who isn’t sure if they’ll love the brand, but wants to explore!
Kristy R.
Colourpop palettes are the best. I've never been disappointed with any of them that I've received. I love the packaging for the Element of Surprise palette. It's colorful and won't get dirty easily. The eyeshadow formula is great. You get 12 colors that are super pigmented without much fallout. They apply well and blend easily. Go With the Flow is a beautiful transition color. Opulent gives a great pop of color to many eye looks. You can darken up the crease with Silk Street, Blank Canvas, or Details. Feels is a beautiful inner corner highlight color.

Feels: metallic soft opalescent pink
Opulent: metallic bright fuchsia
Labyrinth: matte dusty pink
Blank Canvas: matte deep maroon
Sea Stars: matte medium yellow brown
Details: matte smoky burgundy with hot pink glitter
Peace of Mind: metallic burgundy
Jocelyn A.
Sprngfld Gdns, NY
Is this eyeshadow palette really pigmented?
Leana H.
Hawthorne, CA
Would you wear this makeup for Easter service? Lol (excuse the messy hair in pony tail) Mainly used ColourPop Element of Surprise Pressed Powder Shadow Palette along with single shadow “glass bull” and SSS in “bae”. Colourpop highlight “glad you came” from in-nude-endo palette. Also used: Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Butter BronzerMaybelline Dream Cushion™ Fresh Face Liquid FoundationNYX Tame & Frame Brow Pomade
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
I have been eyeing on this palette but wondering are the shadows different from your normal palettes or am I able to get the same colors somewhere else? How is the pigmentation?

back