BY COLORFUL PRODUCTS

Colorful Neutral Protein Filler adds body, volume and a lustrous sheen. see more...

• Do I wash my hair with soap or just water? 1 Answers
Brittany W.
Atlanta, GA
I use this product before every time that I color my hair at home. I first fully saturate my roots with the liquid and then work it through the rest of my hair. I let it sit on my hair for about 10 minutes and then proceed to coloring as usual. It keeps my roots from getting too "hot" and overprocessing. And it helps to ensure that the color is absorbed evenly throughout my entire head.
Karen W.
Louisville, KY
I won't be without this. When I bleach I use Olaplex Salon into Kit for Professional Use when I bleach & then use this when I tone. Bleaching takes out so much from your hair while removing the pigment. Olaplex helps lessen the damage but it can't do everything. You can either add this directly to the toner or you can spray a few ounces of this onto damp hair & then color.
It helps your hair grab the color & helps to repair the protein bonds.
It helps color apply more evenly & it makes it more true to whatever color you've picked.
You can also add 1 oz of this to 2 oz water & it's one of the best protein treatments out there. Just refrigerate any left overs because it will spoil.
Make sure you follow this with a moisturizing treatment in the next few days because too much protein can cause your hair to be brittle & break.
Katie T.
Council Blfs, IA
I dye and bleach my hair alot, and always use this filler! It's a life saver! I mix this in with my hair dye and it makes it feel like my hair is healthier after I dye it, instead of dry and brittle. It's affordable as well and it's easy to find at Sally's Beauty Supply.
Hannah C.
Jackson, CA
I use this as a protein treatment diluted with distilled water in a spray bottle. works great for my bleached hair. I always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner and it makes my hair feel pretty good for being processed. no need to spend a bunch of money on protein treatments when you can go to Sally's beauty supply and pick up a bottle of this. just be sure to only do protein treatments once or twice a month.
Amber Lea T.
Ironton, Ohio
I LOVE this stuff. I've added it to hair dye while coloring, or just dumped it on my head for treatment. It's made a definite difference, my hair is shiny like it's never been before even before I started dying it constantly.
courtney b.
Boise , ID
Any time I'm blonde and I go back to red I use this . It fills in the protein because bleaching it removes all pigment from the hair and makes it lose the color . This adds the color back into the hair and helps hold it plus adds the protein you're lacking back
Corinne J.
Frostburg, MD
I have used this filler time and time again. I've gone from blonde to brown and back again many times and anytime I go darker or add lowlights I use this. It helps to keep my hair from going green. Sometimes my ends will still have a light grayish cast but nothing like I've experienced without using this. It really helps.
Lindsey T.
Greensboro, NC
I will never color my hair without this! A friend recommended it when I wanted to dye my hair back to my natural color of dark brown but I had been getting bleached highlights. This made my color come out even and prefect.
Nancy B.
Los Angeles , CA
Do I wash my hair with soap or just water?