2 colors available

BY COLOR OOPS #41 in Hair Color

Takes you back to your original color With Soy Protein and Aloe Vera Conditions during process to protect fragile hair Safely removes permanent and semi - permanent hair color Takes only 20 minutes Ammonia free / Bleach free Re - color the same day Product not tested on animals Color Oops™ Extra Conditioning is the most gentle and effective way to reverse an undesirable hair color application.  In just 20 minutes Color Oops™ corrects your hair color by shrinking the dye molecules, allowing you to simply wash them away.  Our unique formula is bleach - free and ammonia free; Color Oops™ will not have the damaging effects of bleach or ammonia based products.  Color Oops™ Extra Conditioning is enriched with aloe vera and soy protein to condition and help restructure your hair during the color removal process. Color Oops™ Extra Condit see more...

Wendy C.
Wendy C.
Beauty Junkie Expert

My reviews of my 4x using this back in May of 2013!!

Background-So I've been coloring my hair since middle school (23yrs) lol I've been black,various shades of red,blonde and brown over the years...biggest mistake was going black back in high school,had to get my hair stripped and do protein treatments etc cuz my hair was severly damaged....so since the mid 90's now I've been sticking with med brown wich is closest to my natural color..loving and have no issues...........well now fast forward to this year...I'm now 38 and since January I have noticed the greys are coming in stronger!!! Yikes wich now means I practically have to re dye almost every 2 weeks....thats just a no for me lol and I figured I'd try something lighter to help with the grey and not have to dye as much.

So after reading all the reviews on this product..I picked up 2 boxes just incase (my hair is bra strap length) and the next morning scared as hell lol and with the help of my husband took the plunge!!

I will say 1 box was enough for my hair and as ar as the scent goes IMO it wasn't that bad but still not good lol but tolerable,and yes its runny but again not bad. This stuff worked!!!!!!! very impressive that all the dark brown was gone!! The 20mins rinsing with hot water sucked but hey ya gotta do it! After all that (plus the 20min conditioning)and my hair was dry my roots had the grey going but the rest was a light caramel brown with brassyness (I will say that I didn't really notice any damage from Color Oops other than my hair just felt drier than normal).....after that I used L'Oreal excellence in a dark blonde left in in 5mins cuz the Color Oops directions said do not use let the dye process more than 5mins wich worked out ok my hair is lighter now but there are some brown spots and my hair is a little lighter at the roots(wich I expected).....with that all said so far I'm still in colorshock lol I do like the color but IDK I think I thought it was gonna come out way lighter wich I wanted.....but again I'm in color shock so I do have a 2nd box of color Oops for back up. I will give this brown with dark blonde color for a while and decide at some point if I will stay or go a tad lighter......I mean its pretty and I will have to touch up my roots in a few days cuz 5mins was not enough for the greys.

I will be back to update!

*Update 5/10/13*

So today 5days after using my 1box of Color Oops 2nite I used the 2nd one..

I wasn't feeling the L'Oreal Excellence Dark Blonde color.it looked so flat and sucky...so I used Ion Light Blonde tonight and of course the color didn't come out light blonde (and I knew it would due to the reviews) and that was perfect for me!!

I wil say using the Color Oops 2nd time around really stripped the color out better than the 1st time (wich was till impressive too).
I did the strand test in 2 different spots and after the 5min mark no change at all so I risked it and went ahead with the Ion directions to leave it on 45mins and I'm sooooooooo freakn happy I did! Don't get me wrong I was damn near having a anxiety attack the whole time no knowing what to expect...but my hair is a beautiful soft caramely light brown with a slight blonde color to it.

*Update on 5/20/13
Sooo I just wasn't feeling the color I put in last week,it was pretty but it seemed to have more red/brass in it even after using stuff to get rid of the brass lol

So last Friday night I picked up another box of Color Oops (and a new color) and Saturday morning went to it. Of couse this now being the 3rd time using this I was really worried that I'd have crazy damage on my hair but I was wrong I just had the same dryness as expected and nothing more. I will say that using it a 3rd time to remove last weeks color really stripped my hair almost totally!!!!! I was impressed and freakn happy that it stripped my hair to a light brassy brown/blonde pale color (yay) cuz this meant for me that I didn't have to go the bleaching route wich I was trying to avoid. So after doing all the steps & rinsing and re dyeing I am happy to say I love my new blonde color!! I will not to re use Color Oops again lol (well for a long time I won't lol)

*Update on 8/20/13

I used Color Oops last night to get rid of my blonde hair (I just wasn't loving it as much as I thought I would and liking it a lot wasn't enough for me to keep it) so going into this again I knew that it might not work with removing the blonde but I went for it anyway! The parts of my hair that were really super light blonde didn't get removed but some of the darker bonde did and turned a brassy yellow. So after doing the Color Oops and the hot water rinsing,then deep conditioning and re dyeing I am happy to say I am back to my natural brown color!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be staying brown from this point on but am happy to say Color Oops once again was a lifesaver and it worked out! =)

I would highly recommend Color Oops and I would totally use it again if I had to its a hair disaster lifesaver!!
Renee L.
Renee L.
Cape May, NJ
I've used Color Oops many times in the past and have always found the results to be pleasing. I'm naturally around a Level 9, had dyed it to Level 4 over the summer, repeatedly applied Pravana in the brightest red possible along with Ion and Manic Panic every few weeks over the course of the call and winter months, finally using a permanent red in January and a Level 2 dark brown last month that had turned it purple-red-brown-black and it was super streaky and just terrible. I Bought the product hoping it would at least lift the browns and purple tones and take it back to red. Well I washed it out (after long enough rinsing that I removed a star as usual) & it's a Level 4 with a tiny bit of red tones throughout. On the fence as to whether to tone it with an ash toner today & take it to a dark blonde or make it a light auburn shade....can't decide. Either way the product worked wonderfully as usual. It smells only for the first few minutes and a bit after rinsing but nothing unbearable.
Felicia V.
Felicia V.
Auburn, WA
ColorOops is one of those hair products that's always in my hair bin (I change my colour a lot). This is only meant for those semi colours so don't be surprised if any perm. colour doesn't come out, but It works really well with semis. The smell is going to make you question what you're doing with your life because it is so gross, and it can take a few shampoos to get it out. If you can stand the smell, it's a great product! Make sure you rinse for the minimum time it recommends otherwise your hair could go back to what it was and that'll be a waste of $10 you could have used for coffee. I do love it because I can find it at most places that sell boxed dyes as well as Sallys, and is around $10. I love that it's a strong formula, but doesn't destroy my hair too bad. Overall, great product.
Samantha A.
Samantha A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Honestly, this isn't a bad product. I dyed my hair SUPER dark brown (first picture) during a rough patch in my life, and regretted it later. But thanks to two boxes of color oops (middle picture), some bleach, and a good hair stylist that blended out the new bleached hair into a nice ombré (last picture), I'm back to a more-natural looking color! Color oops left my hair brassy after the treatment which is why the bleach was necessary, but it did a really good job at pulling out most of the dark pigment from my hair. It was drying, but totally worth it.
Catherine J.
Catherine J.
Anchorage, AK
This is SO bad for your hair. I started coloring my hair funky colors in the 7th grade and once after a semi-traumatizing incident with candy apple red I used this to try and strip it out. Not only does this product contain some of the same chemicals used to strip paint off of cars, but it will make your hair brittle and break off. This was a one time mistake that left me trying to repair my hair for years...take it from me, who colored my own hair for as long as I can remember, splurge and go to a salon if you need a color strip.
Maggie P.
Maggie P.
I was super excited to use this product because I had been abusing my hair with dark brown box dye. But eventually my hair stopped growing so I knew I needed to get a trim and have it professionally dyed. I used this product exactly as directed and it worked... (Yes the smell is absolutely horrible) until the next morning. The picture I submitted is the before, after, and the next morning. It got darker over night again somehow. However, the next day I went to the salon, my stylist clarified my hair and the smell went away.
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
Strasburg, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
First off, The reasoning for using this product was because I went to a very dark red hair color for a couple of months then after I got tired of it I tried to dye over it with brown and much to my surprise it wouldn't color the red! So I went to the store and purchased this product. It ended up turning my hair a very brassy orange color but it did what I was trying to do, Get the red out. I ended up coloring over the brassy color and BAM, I had brown hair again :)
Kyra S.
Kyra S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works great. I used it to remove brown hair dye out of my strawberry blonde hair (from bleaching). Obviously it's true what everyone says, it smells like absolute death, but what do you expect it to smell like? The smell does last for about a week, even with constant washing. But in the state of an emergency, and for a cheap and quick fix, this works well. Definitely use two bottles if your hair is longer than your breast bone.
Candice F.
Candice F.
North Bergen, NJ
Seriously don't like this product. My color was already faded amd this did not take out the color fully. Now I saw reviews about this product before and heard about the smell and yes it's horrible, which I knew this is what I was signing up for. But after shampooing this 4 times I still can't get the smell out of my hair. It's disgusting and my hair can't take it. I would never use this again
Irene G.
Irene G.
El Paso, TX
I really like this product but you really have to read the directions and follow exactly what it says.this products its for fun colors like red blue purple greens etc but I have used it on my red hair and it took all the red out I had no damaged compared to bleach or like other color removers. I would use again and recommend to anybody with colored hair.
Isamar V.
Isamar V.
So I really want to dye my hair red but I have really dark hair and I've dyed it a dark brown not too long ago since I had bleached my ends and wanted to go back to my "normal" looking color. I've dyed my hair many times and since my hair is dark it has never really worked. I dyed my hair about a month ago a dark red and the color was amazing! but only on my roots -____- So my question is: Does this work!? Will this product remove color dye so ALL of my hair grabs the dye and not just my roots?
maria H.
maria H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Will it work on red hair ? And is it better then bleach or will it damage as well
Rose S.
Rose S.
Boonton, NJ
how long after the mishap should you use it
Emmalee M.
Emmalee M.
Lake Hiawatha, NJ
How long after you use this can you dye your hair again?
Kristine N.
Kristine N.
Dayton, TN
Can you use this product if you just dyed your hair?