BY COLOR OOPS #2 in Hair Color Removers & Faders

Takes you back to your original color With Soy Protein and Aloe Vera Conditions during process to protect fragile hair Safely removes permanent and semi - permanent hair color Takes only 20 minutes Ammonia free / Bleach free Re - color the same day Product not tested on animals Color Oops™ Extra Conditioning is the most gentle and effective way to reverse an undesirable hair color application.  In just 20 minutes Color Oops™ corrects your hair color by shrinking the dye molecules, allowing you to simply wash them away.  Our unique formula is bleach - free and ammonia free; Color Oops™ will not have the damaging effects of bleach or ammonia based products.  Color Oops™ Extra Conditioning is enriched with aloe vera and soy protein to condition and help restructure your hair during the color removal process. Color Oops™ Extra Condit see more...

• Does this help mend weak hair. 1 Answers
  • I used a box dye to dye my roots light ash blonde they tu...3 Answers
  • Is this product supposed to be used immediately after dyi...1 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Shelly J.
Tallahassee, FL
Cons: This stuff reeks- like terrible rotten eggs (despite using a fan in my bathroom) and lingered through the next day. But this product doesn't claim to smell decent- they tell you to be in a ventilated area because it's heavy stuff. But that's the ONLY negative side effect!

Pros: Everything else! For the price I was able to go to the drug store when I got my hair WAY too dark one week- and pick this up. Followed the instructions and that evening was able to lift the color with NO DAMAGE to my hair. NONE. I dyed my hair black in college and it took 4 hours, $300 and a tired hair dresser to "fix me". A similar but way more expensive product was used, and then I had to dye more and add highlights because of the blending. This is amazing in that you can even dye your hair the same day you use this product (granted I waited until the next day because it was so late at night). I would HIGHLY recommend to someone who got too dark by accident or who wants to start completely over. It's super easy to use, quick and priced well.

Notes: KNOW your hair. If you tend to process hair color quickly (probably the reason you got so dark) then keep an eye on the processing for this. You may need less time then it says. It will lift to the lightest hair color or natural shade- so if you're like me and forgot that you got bleached highlights 2 years earlier- IT WILL LIFT TO THAT! But again, for me that was fine as I dyed over that the next day. I hope I don't have to use this often but won't question it again if I need to!
Jessica D.
Taylor, MI
This stuff works but be warned that it will make your hair smell like rotting eggs for like a month. I used it to take off 3 layers of dye...originally purple , added some blue later, and finally dyed bright red over it. The smell was so bad I almost threw up and had to wear my hair pulled back for a month and even still for a few weeks after that it smelled whenever I washed my hair. I had to use baking soda and lemon juice for 2 weeks to get it out which damaged my hair quite a bit.
Marci J.
AWFUL. I used it after watching some reviews for it on YouTube. It’s horrible. It smelt horrible, so bad that it didn’t go away for a week!! The initial color was teal and it came out shrek green! To make it worse the ends of my hair (where the color was) came out rubber bandy and BROKE OFF!! I barely pulled and a lot of chunks came off in my hand, and the others were so weak. When my hair was dry it was so coarse and thin
Savannah C.
Diana
My hair was box dyed for years (black) and although it did turn my hair orange, it took basically all of the old hair dye out of my hair, which is way better and not damaging for your hair.
I recommend this over any bleaching kit you could ever buy. You’ll have to touch up after but do expect the orange hair for a while.
It’s about $10 and I would buy it again and again and again because that is how amazing this is.
Rabon W.
Overall, this product will do the job, but it’s a lot of work to get the results you want. If you have even medium length hair, you’ll want two boxes because if you miss spots or go light in areas, it won’t lift evenly. When it does lift, you’ll likely be left with brassy/orangey hair, but the color will be stripped. Be prepared by having 1) protein filler (can get at Sally’s) and 2) boxes of the hair color you want next to use immediately after. I find that using a protein filler helps porous hair take the next color more evenly. Also, a deep conditioning treatment after will get your hair back on the right track. All in all, this will do the job, but it may make your life much easier to go to a salon for a true color lift if needed.
Kayla D.
This stuff has a strong smell so be sure to do it in a room with windows it’s a cheaper product to help remove hair color but just because it doesn’t state it’s bleach that’s pretty much what it is! If you get it on a natural piece of hair IT WILL LIGHTEN the most I’ve got is to an orange color and it can be damaging!!
Isreal H.
Spring Lake, NC
I wasted my time and money on this product.... I was sad because I went into Ulta to fix an issue and I created a bigger one by using this product. This stuff is a maggot gagger, the smell is so putrid that my very loving husband kept me away from him so he didn't have to smell me. I SMELL LIKE ROTTEN EGGS EVERY TIME I SHOWER OR SWEAT!!!!! I was going from pretty dark brown hair and attempting to bring it lighter which is closer to my natural hair color. It made my hair turn red :( Bad experience, I have learned a lot from this.
Mackenzie C.
This is an okay product, the only reason I gave it 4 stars and not 2 is because it does remove the color. However, it takes a million boxes it seems like to rid the color from MY hair! But I have tons of hair and my hair loves to hold in color!
Autumn Dawn M.
Nashville
This product is a life savor and not as harmful on my hair. The extra conditioning one is wonderful. I use this when i change my hair color. Which is very often. This doesnt have the very harmful chemicals that cause breakage and is great to pull put dark hair dye. Amazing product.
Emily M.
kirkland, WA
I did not like it. First, one box is never enough no matter how short of hair you have. I put it in and had to literally go to the store with the oops in my hair and buy another box. It turned my hair a dark orange color and I needed at least 6 more treatments to get it to a light enough shade to be able to dye again. It completely fryed my hair.
Isamar V.
So I really want to dye my hair red but I have really dark hair and I've dyed it a dark brown not too long ago since I had bleached my ends and wanted to go back to my "normal" looking color. I've dyed my hair many times and since my hair is dark it has never really worked. I dyed my hair about a month ago a dark red and the color was amazing! but only on my roots -____- So my question is: Does this work!? Will this product remove color dye so ALL of my hair grabs the dye and not just my roots?
maria H.
Will it work on red hair ? And is it better then bleach or will it damage as well
Rose S.
Boonton, NJ
how long after the mishap should you use it
Chantelle H.
I used a box dye to dye my roots light ash blonde they turned orange will this take that out and if so what color will I be left with
Stephanie G.
Marietta, GA
Does this remove the natural color too?