BY COLOR OOPS #40 in Hair Color

Takes you back to your original color With Soy Protein and Aloe Vera Conditions during process to protect fragile hair Safely removes permanent and semi - permanent hair color Takes only 20 minutes Ammonia free / Bleach free Re - color the same day Product not tested on animals Color Oops™ Extra Conditioning is the most gentle and effective way to reverse an undesirable hair color application.  In just 20 minutes Color Oops™ corrects your hair color by shrinking the dye molecules, allowing you to simply wash them away.  Our unique formula is bleach - free and ammonia free; Color Oops™ will not have the damaging effects of bleach or ammonia based products.  Color Oops™ Extra Conditioning is enriched with aloe vera and soy protein to condition and help restructure your hair during the color removal process. Color Oops™ Extra Condit see more...

Felicia V.
Auburn, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
ColorOops is one of those hair products that's always in my hair bin (I change my colour a lot). This is only meant for those semi colours so don't be surprised if any perm. colour doesn't come out, but It works really well with semis. The smell is going to make you question what you're doing with your life because it is so gross, and it can take a few shampoos to get it out. If you can stand the smell, it's a great product! Make sure you rinse for the minimum time it recommends otherwise your hair could go back to what it was and that'll be a waste of $10 you could have used for coffee. I do love it because I can find it at most places that sell boxed dyes as well as Sallys, and is around $10. I love that it's a strong formula, but doesn't destroy my hair too bad. Overall, great product.
Samantha A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Honestly, this isn't a bad product. I dyed my hair SUPER dark brown (first picture) during a rough patch in my life, and regretted it later. But thanks to two boxes of color oops (middle picture), some bleach, and a good hair stylist that blended out the new bleached hair into a nice ombré (last picture), I'm back to a more-natural looking color! Color oops left my hair brassy after the treatment which is why the bleach was necessary, but it did a really good job at pulling out most of the dark pigment from my hair. It was drying, but totally worth it.
Catherine J.
Anchorage, AK
This is SO bad for your hair. I started coloring my hair funky colors in the 7th grade and once after a semi-traumatizing incident with candy apple red I used this to try and strip it out. Not only does this product contain some of the same chemicals used to strip paint off of cars, but it will make your hair brittle and break off. This was a one time mistake that left me trying to repair my hair for years...take it from me, who colored my own hair for as long as I can remember, splurge and go to a salon if you need a color strip.
Maggie P.
I was super excited to use this product because I had been abusing my hair with dark brown box dye. But eventually my hair stopped growing so I knew I needed to get a trim and have it professionally dyed. I used this product exactly as directed and it worked... (Yes the smell is absolutely horrible) until the next morning. The picture I submitted is the before, after, and the next morning. It got darker over night again somehow. However, the next day I went to the salon, my stylist clarified my hair and the smell went away.
Kyra S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works great. I used it to remove brown hair dye out of my strawberry blonde hair (from bleaching). Obviously it's true what everyone says, it smells like absolute death, but what do you expect it to smell like? The smell does last for about a week, even with constant washing. But in the state of an emergency, and for a cheap and quick fix, this works well. Definitely use two bottles if your hair is longer than your breast bone.
Candice F.
North Bergen, NJ
Seriously don't like this product. My color was already faded amd this did not take out the color fully. Now I saw reviews about this product before and heard about the smell and yes it's horrible, which I knew this is what I was signing up for. But after shampooing this 4 times I still can't get the smell out of my hair. It's disgusting and my hair can't take it. I would never use this again
Erica S.
Mobile, AL
I dyed my beautiful previously highlighted blonde hair dark brown(box said golden brown). It turned almost black.I bought this at Walgreens for $7 and was skeptical. It really did take the majority of the dark color out.I was left with a natural light brownish red color.It smells so bad but really works.I would definitely buy again.
Erica Y.
Brooklyn, NY
THIS STUFF IS AWFUL.
It did lift some blue out of my hair, but it was not worth it. The smell of this stuff is worse than sewage. And the smell STAYS IN YOUR HAIR FOR WEEKS.
I had to mask the smell with strong scented shampoos and conditioners, but it didn't really work. The smell was truly terrible and completely unbearable for me.
Brittany K.
Warrensburg, MO
I used this product a total of 4 times to lighten/remove my black hair dye. The smell is absolutely horrific, my whole family hated me. not only was it super stinky, after 4 uses...it did nothing. My hair felt like straw afterwards and was blotchy. I had to get it bleached twice to correct the problem which further ruined my hair.
Vera H.
Hated It. I used it to remove old color what I got was Dry hard brassy gold terrible straw hair. Sure takes all color add even natural. Only once I used it. Does NOT COMPARE to professional way to remove color. So disappointed. I would never do it again. Not recommended. Call your hair salon.
Isamar V.
So I really want to dye my hair red but I have really dark hair and I've dyed it a dark brown not too long ago since I had bleached my ends and wanted to go back to my "normal" looking color. I've dyed my hair many times and since my hair is dark it has never really worked. I dyed my hair about a month ago a dark red and the color was amazing! but only on my roots -____- So my question is: Does this work!? Will this product remove color dye so ALL of my hair grabs the dye and not just my roots?
maria H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Will it work on red hair ? And is it better then bleach or will it damage as well
Rose S.
Boonton, NJ
how long after the mishap should you use it
Kristine N.
Dayton, TN
Can you use this product if you just dyed your hair?
Emmalee M.
Lake Hiawatha, NJ
How long after you use this can you dye your hair again?