BY COLGATE #25 in Mouthwash

NEW Colgate Total® Advanced Pro-Shield™ goes beyond freshening breath to provide 12-hour protection against germs*, even after eating and drinking. It kills 99% of germs on contact and significantly reduces plaque – keeping your mouth feeling healthy and fresh. Kills 99% of germs on contact. Significantly reduces plaque. Helps prevent gingivitis. No burn of alcohol. Freshens breath. *Results improve with continued twice daily use. see more...

• Does it have that alcohol burning sensation?11 Answers
  • Does this product burn your mouth at all? 3 Answers
  • Does it work good? Does it burn or taste bad?2 Answers
Colgate Total® Advanced Pro-Shield Mouthwash
  • "I received this product complimentary from Influenster and I can say one great thing about this I have always had a extremely hard time in getting my 11yr old to use mouthwash." in 18 reviews
  • "I like that it doesn't burn like other mouthwashes out there and I have been looking for a decent priced alcohol free mouthwash." in 16 reviews
  • "Don't like the taste of it but it does feel refreshing but without the burning sensation it doesn't make me feel confident.. " in 14 reviews
  • "Its a great product for a healthier mouth as it does kill germs and keeps your mouth clean for 12 hours so if you forget to brush you will be good =). " in 11 reviews
  • "I've received a couple of samples of this product and I must say it is very refreshing, and is now a huge part of my dental routine!!" in 9 reviews
Maria G.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Colgate Total Advanced Pro-Shield Peppermint Blast Mouthwash
Every day and night I use this product. I like the fresh feeling it gives me after ever use and makes my teeth and mouth feeling clean. I have been using this product for years and will continue to use it! I always go to Walmart to purchase it. 😁
Bonnie L.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Review for: Peppermint Blast more...
This is the best mouthwash I have ever used. My mouth always feels so clean after using it. It is reasonably priced too. You can find it at stores like Walmart, Target, CVS, etc. It is often on sale and sometimes you can find a coupon in your local paper. Overall, great product and would buy again!
Jasmine C.
pittsburgh
Review for: Peppermint Blast more...
So this is another mouthwash that I love to use is a staple in my every day regimen for my dental care in my hygiene so I definitely recommend this to everybody on and it’s 10 times better than all other products except Listerine
Demi R.
Palm Bay, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Love my Colgate products from their toothbrushes to their mouthwash. It leaves my teeth from feeling all Plachy and my breath smells amazing throughout the day. I bought mine at Walmart so I'm pretty sure you can find it either there or anywhere else.
Mallory N.
Twentynin Plm, CA
LOVE is an understatement. This stuff works wonders. I've tested it out after eating Italian with my husband and it gets all the garlic smell out of my mouth. I would buy this stuff over and over! I just love it.
Emma D.
Amazing mouth wash!! Doesn't burn at all but leaves mouth feeling very clean. I hate when mouth wash burns and you can't keep it in your mouth this is refreshing and feels like you just left the dentist.
Sadie M.
Denver, CO
I got this mouth wash the first time to try when I went to Big Lots. It was the only name brand of mouthwash that they had at the time. I like the color of it. And it was decently priced. But it doesn't seem as effective as some other mouthwashes are. Sometimes my tongue gets a little white. While other mouthwashes along with brushing seems to help with that, this one does nothing. It has a light tingling sensation after using it toward the end of 30 seconds. But not as strong as I'd like. Not something I'd probably ever get again.
Rachel J.
manhattan
I love this mouthwash above any other. I like the burn feeling because I know it's working. That might be weird. I can feel it cleaning, and I love the minty fresh breath I have when I use this, and there can almost always be a coupon found for this brand.
Tish D.
Greer, SC
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Whoever said no pain no gain, must have never used Colgate Total Mouthwash because there is no burning pain when you use this mouthwash. I received this product from Influenster for free to test a couple of weeks ago and I was excited after I read the background information. I must admit that I had been fooled into thinking like many others that in order to get fresh, clean breath, you had to use a mouthwash with a strong alcohol after burn, but boy was I ever wrong. I was skeptical about whether or not Colgate would be able to live up to all their claims but after using the Colgate Total Mouthwash for two weeks, I am sold on it. I was so impressed with it that I let my husband use it as well and he too felt that it worked great. The first time I used it I was surprised at how great the taste was and how clean it made my teeth feel. I must admit that I was a little skeptical that a mouth wash that had such a smooth flavor would be able to deliver on their 12 hour protection, but it did. I found that after using it my breath had a cool, clean, and refreshing feel. One thing that I did find is that I did start to notice the freshness wear off shortly after the 12 hour mark, but after a quick rinse with it again, the freshness was back. If you are someone who hates morning breath, I recommend that you give this product a try and use it before bed time. I found that when I used it before bed, my morning breath was a little more bearable when I woke up the next morning. Overall, I think Colgate has a winner on their hands and I cannot wait to try the other flavors offered.
Dana M.
Buffalo, Ny
I am Always excited when I find a new product that I like, but this is more than excitement! I am a THRILLED! I have been sampling Colgate Total Advanced Pro-Shield MouthWash for a little over a week now (compliments of Influenster) and absolutely love it!

The product is alcohol free, so it didn't make my mouth burn or my eyes water! My son is 7 years old and handled it with out a problem, normally he runs when he sees the Listerine bottle come out...lol! My Fiance also enjoyed the pleasant, minty flavor.

As a (wish I didn't have to admit it) smoker and heavy coffee drinker, I am looking forward to the benefits that this product can offer me:

-12 hour protection against germs
-Kills 99% of germs
-Helps prevent gingivitis
-Significantly reduces plaque
-Freshens breath (without burning your mouth or making your eyes water)

This product is a bit more expensive than others, but I personally feel that the added benefits (verse other similar washes) is worth the extra few cents...not to mention, I have seen a lot of coupons going around for this product line.
Brandy C.
Madison , Tn
Does it have that alcohol burning sensation?
Marissa L.
Houston, Texas
Is this product good for sensitive teeth?
Emily P.
Wauwatosa, WI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
Does this actually last as long as it says it does? I have such an issue with brushing my teeth and having weird breath just an hour later even though I didn't eat or drink anything.
Karen A.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
Does this burn in your mouth.. does it make your breathe feel fresh and does it taste good.
E'Naezha K.
Charlotte, NC
So like i have a small one for this kind of mouthwash, but i haven't tried it before. I just want to know if it really works the way it says it does.