8 colors available

BY COLGATE #48 in Mouthwash

NEW Colgate Total® Advanced Pro-Shield™ goes beyond freshening breath to provide 12-hour protection against germs*, even after eating and drinking. It kills 99% of germs on contact and significantly reduces plaque – keeping your mouth feeling healthy and fresh. Kills 99% of germs on contact. Significantly reduces plaque. Helps prevent gingivitis. No burn of alcohol. Freshens breath. *Results improve with continued twice daily use. see more...

• Does it have that alcohol burning sensation?11 Answers
  • Does this product burn your mouth at all? 3 Answers
  • Does it work good? Does it burn or taste bad?2 Answers
Colgate Total® Advanced Pro-Shield Mouthwash
  • "I received this product complimentary from Influenster and I can say one great thing about this I have always had a extremely hard time in getting my 11yr old to use mouthwash." in 18 reviews
  • "I like that it doesn't burn like other mouthwashes out there and I have been looking for a decent priced alcohol free mouthwash." in 16 reviews
  • "Don't like the taste of it but it does feel refreshing but without the burning sensation it doesn't make me feel confident.. " in 14 reviews
  • "Its a great product for a healthier mouth as it does kill germs and keeps your mouth clean for 12 hours so if you forget to brush you will be good =). " in 11 reviews
  • "I've received a couple of samples of this product and I must say it is very refreshing, and is now a huge part of my dental routine!!" in 9 reviews
Lisa S.
Lisa S.
Sanford, NC
Before using this Product I had Listerine, but I hated it. Listerine really burns in my mouth and even mixing it with water I was not able to hold it long in my mouth.

I like the purple colour of this Colgate Mouthwash, I think it's fun. The Taste is great, the burn is mild and so I'm able now to have it in my mouth almost a whole minute. After wards my mouth feels complete fresh and that's how I wanna leave the House. I'm a smoker, so it's important for me to have something that gives me a fresh Breath.

The fresh taste and breath holds for a long while and I just love it!
Alexie C.
Alexie C.
Stained my teeth. For over 2 years my dental hygienist commented on how much my teeth were getting stained but could not determine what was causing the issue. My last visit a different hygienist cleaned my teeth, commented on staining and asked if I was using Colgate alcohol free mouthwash. I confirmed I was using the product and she informed me that the brand was known for causing staining. I stopped using it and haven't had an issue with staining since.
Kathryn R.
Kathryn R.
Knoxville, TN
We stopped using listerine because the burn was so unpleasant. That's what led us to Colgate Total, and I am glad it did. Colgate total is just as effective as other brands, but without the excessive burn of alcohol. This enables me to use it for the proper length of time for maximal benefits. Since we started using it, dental checkups have been better and I am always confident in my breath. Overall, I am very pleased with this product.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Newton, NC
I can't stand the taste of mint so it is hard for me to find a mouthwash that works but does not leave my mouth feeling minty. this one is alright... still tastes like mint but it is not so overpowering that I cannot use the product. and it's purple, which is a plus. sales and coupons are frequent so the price of this is not bad at all. I would repurchase and recommend this product.
Mary E.
Mary E.
Corning, OH
I use this one, and my kids use a Colgate with bubble gum or fruit flavor wash, and we love Both and use them daily, multiple times..I even fill a travel bottle to take on the go with me..! Great product, not too minty to where it burns the mouth like Listerine, and it doesn't taste as Harsh either..has a nice flavor and leaves ur mouth feeling fresh n clean! Recommend
Cikeily C.
Cikeily C.
My mom´s a dentist so teeth higiene is very important in our home. This brand has been beneficial to me and my family for years and I will continue to buy it as long as possible. It´s a great mouth wash! Doesn't burn your mouth as bad as its competitors. The bottle is gigantic and worth the investment, I will totally buy again!
zaida d.
zaida d.
Fort Bragg, CA
Not mind blowingly tasteful or anything, but doesn't burn or stay in mouth forever, which is more than I can ask for when mouthwashes are concerned.
With cavity AND gingivitis protection, I know that I'm not missing out on anything either. Staying with this one as long as it's available and decently priced.
Clara C.
Clara C.
Glendale, CA

my husband loves this rinse - i think it's very clean and fresh and really sanitizes the mouth well

we don't have dental coverage anymore and he gets many infections at the gemlike, and he uses the Sonicare infrared electric toothbrush with this rinse daily

no infections in his gums for ages! good stuff.
Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.
Raymondville, TX
Wellness Guru Expert
I love this product because it cleans while not burning your mouth. Some mouthwashes burn to where it's almost unbearable. Yes you know it's getting the job done of cleaning your mouth, but it shouldn't burn your mouth. It costs anywhere from $5 to $10 and that's a great price:) love results
Jami B.
Jami B.
This is good mouthwash! doesn't burn, leaves my mouth feeling fresh without feeling numb. The flavor is decent and I don't feel like I've been swishing with medicine. You can find this stuff pretty much anywhere, grocery store, target, walmart....and it's pretty easy on the budget as well!
Brandy C.
Brandy C.
Madison , Tn
Does it have that alcohol burning sensation?
Emily P.
Emily P.
Wauwatosa, WI
Does this actually last as long as it says it does? I have such an issue with brushing my teeth and having weird breath just an hour later even though I didn't eat or drink anything.
E'Naezha K.
E'Naezha K.
Charlotte, NC
So like i have a small one for this kind of mouthwash, but i haven't tried it before. I just want to know if it really works the way it says it does.
Marissa L.
Marissa L.
Houston, Texas
Is this product good for sensitive teeth?
Karen A.
Karen A.
Wellness Guru Expert
Does this burn in your mouth.. does it make your breathe feel fresh and does it taste good.