BY COLGATE #52 in Mouthwash

Colgate® Peroxyl® Mouth Sore Rinse. 1.5% hydrogen peroxide antiseptic oral cleanser & rinse. Cleans & promotes healing of minor mouth wounds. Reduces bacteria to help prevent infection in minor oral wounds. Oxygenating action removes oral debris to facilitate healing. Original Mint.

• I don't think so, if it's meant for whitening, it doesn't...2 Answers
  • Does this make your teeth whiter?3 Answers
Buy on www.ama...*
Mia P.
This is a great product to use when you have a sore inside you mouth.... such as when you bite the inside of your lip or jaw. Or you have a mouth ulcer. I try and keep this product in the medicine cabinet all the time. You can get it at Walmart, Walgreens or CVS.
It is not very expensive but works GREAT!
Joi J.
Huntersville, NC
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I've used this after having dental work done and also anytime I have some type of mouth irritation and I will use it for a few days to quickly clear up any problems that I may have. Your mouth feels clean and fresh after using and although the peroxide does fizz a lot, you can just rinse with water and then its gone, but you know you are getting the germs out of your mouth!! My dentist gave it to me in a sample size first and ever since I have been using it whenever a problem occurs. Its a great product for short term use!
Amanda M.
Lexington
This product is great! I used it for when I was healing a tongue piercing and a lip piercing and it worked wonders! It made my healing time so much faster! The only downfall is that I could only find it at Walmart and the price is WAY high. Aside from that though, this product is very effective in what it is meant to do! If you're willing to pay more, I would say this would be great for any piercings or mouth sores in general! I give it 4 stars because the price is so high.
Alison P.
Carmel, IN
I keep this stuff around the house because I get canker sores pretty often. I use this mouthwash morning noon and night after meals. I love that it foams up inside your mouth, soothes the canker sores AND leaves your breath smelling fresh!
Damian F.
Columbus, OH
I used to NEVER use mouth wash because I thought that brushing my teeth was enough, but a few cavities later, I realized mouth wash is SUPER important! I love the Crest mouth wash because it has a very cool and refreshing feel after I use it. The only downfall is that it can be too* fresh sometimes and it can burn. If you like that, I recommend this for you.
Jamie F.
Ewing, NJ
I use this mouthwash when I get a mouth sore. You use it just like mouthwash and swoosh it around for a minute and spit it out. It a couple of days, your mouth sore is gone! If I could change anything about this product, it would be that I don’t like the texture when you are swooshing it around in your mouth. It feels a bit foamy and it tingles a bit.
Meghan L.
Cedar park , TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
When I had mono I had over 35 canker sores in my mouth that were causing me constant pain and difficulty swallowing (even just water hurt) But finally i found this to give
my mouth some relief from all the canker sores! I used the whole bottle probably in a week or so it was well worth it!
Olivia G.
Crystal River, FL
My boyfriend has used this for years because he gets sores in his mouth pretty frequently. I never had a need to use it until recently when I got a sore inside my bottom lip that would never seem to heal. I used this two nights in a row and it was gone. It's gentle yet effective and tastes good. I'm blown away by how quickly this worked.
Lizzy F.
Woodhull, NY
I love Colgate, it makes my mouth feel fresh and clean, I use the 3-D white all the time because any other toothpaste from them doesn't do a good job cleaning my teeth, because I clean my teeth the same way with both toothpastes and the 3-D white just does a hands down better job, and this mouthwash just comes in handy for after my brush.
Alicia
This product is pretty good considering it has a very good way of cleaning the mouth. It comes in good packaging and gives a great mint taste to the mouth. I would not buy this again though because listerine is my go-to mouth wash.
Lexi L.
Does this make your teeth whiter?
Cristine L.
Blanchester, OH
I don't think so, if it's meant for whitening, it doesn't work for me,