BY COLGATE #52 in Mouthwash

Colgate® Peroxyl® Mouth Sore Rinse. 1.5% hydrogen peroxide antiseptic oral cleanser & rinse. Cleans & promotes healing of minor mouth wounds. Reduces bacteria to help prevent infection in minor oral wounds. Oxygenating action removes oral debris to facilitate healing. Original Mint.

• I don't think so, if it's meant for whitening, it doesn't...2 Answers
  • Does this make your teeth whiter?3 Answers
Buy on www.ama...*
Mary Katherine P.
State Univ, AR
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I seriously love this stuff and it works so well. My mouth can get burns in it easily and I bite my gums when I get stressed.... therefore I get sores in my mouth often. This is the best thing that I have found to help get rid of these sores fast. It never burns and makes me feel fresh and clean. I also love that it has a minty taste! It is never too much and just enough. You can get this just about anywhere too, but I always get mine from Walmart. I just sip it out of the cap too so it is super easy to use. It will last you a long time as well.
Brooke G.
Union Grove
I found this product at Walmart for around $4 and decided to give it a try on my self (I get sores in my mouth due to Sjogrens Disease) and my kids seemed to go through streaks of canker sores. I thought this would be worth a shot and it did work to accelerate the healing process. The taste wasn’t horrible and is totally worth having around if you have canker/mouth sores.
Angelique P.
Bellmead, Tx
The first time I ever used this product was when I got my tongue pierced. My tongue was so swollen I could barely talk. A friend told me about this product. I tried it and in 2 days my tongue was back to normal and I could talk again. Now I use it all the time. Colgate® Peroxyl® Mouth Sore Rinse Original Mint
Naomi B.
Roanoke, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have lupus which causes sores in the mouth quite often this is the best mouthwash to have it tends to clear up the stores within a couple days and it makes your mouth feel like it’s clean and you’re keeping everything fresh
Destiny B.
Germantown, MD
I just had a friend go out and get this. And she is just as blown away as I am. It's amazing. I used this for the 1st time after my wisdom teeth kept causing pain and then a mouth injury from lacrosse. It worked wonders. It provides immediate relief. And I still use it occasionally. Wonderful antiseptic and leaves you feeling clean and refreshed as well.
Brandace J.
Sapulpa
This product was super helpful when I had an issue with a nerve being exposed from a cap breaking off of my tooth because it was causing me intense pain. I was able to gargle this and the pain subsided and the peroxide made my teeth whiter!
Sheila P.
I love this product. I get sores in my mouth caused by stress and this product is very gentle to use and helps ease the pain to be able to do appropriate mouth care and helped them to heal faster. I am so glad they came out with a product I can just pick up at the grocery store instead of having to make a hard to get and expensive trip to the dentist.
Dominique H.
Spanish Fort
Definitely not my daily user, but it was absolutely fantastic when I had my braces for sores in my mouth. Even after getting them off I still use this when I have one. I buy mine at Walmart. I would recommend this.
Whitney G.
Jamestown
One of my children is very prone to get canker sores in their mouth. They also are bad at biting their cheeks and everything else you can imagine. This is awesome usually after one or two rinses the sore literally goes away. It is a very fast acting product and is very good. It is a little pricey being about $10 for the bottle but it’s worth it.
Angela M.
Tampa, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I’ve had Invisalign (braces) about 2 months now, but the last new tray that I had to wear, really irritated my mouth, causing canker sores and let me tell you I was IN PAIN! I went to Walgreens and saw this product for 8$ (which to me was high, but at this point I didn’t care) after one use I could actually feel relief! Day 2 and they’re almost all gone! I definitely recommend this product.
Lexi L.
Does this make your teeth whiter?
Cristine L.
Blanchester, OH
I don't think so, if it's meant for whitening, it doesn't work for me,