BY COLGATE

Colgate® Peroxyl® Mouth Sore Rinse is an oral debriding agent/wound cleanser for temporary use to help promote healing of minor oral irritations resulting from minor dental procedures, dentures, orthodontic appliances, accidental injury or other irritations of the mouth and gums such as oral sores and mouth burns.

Recommended by dental professionals to cleanse and soothe canker sores, denture and mouth irritations. Bubbling action cleans and alleviates discomfort to promote healing.

• I don't think so, if it's meant for whitening, it doesn't...2 Answers
  • Does this make your teeth whiter?4 Answers
Alexandra W.
This product literally has been the only thing that helped with my ulcers I would get often from stress. I tried multiple things before this, including prescription medicine, and this was the only thing to help, and I still use it today. It is a great and consistent product.
Ashley M.
I use this mouthwash because I have braces and it helps to heal the sores I get in my mouth from them. It also has peroxide so it makes my teeth feel really clean after I use it.
Brooke G.
Union Grove
I found this product at Walmart for around $4 and decided to give it a try on my self (I get sores in my mouth due to Sjogrens Disease) and my kids seemed to go through streaks of canker sores. I thought this would be worth a shot and it did work to accelerate the healing process. The taste wasn’t horrible and is totally worth having around if you have canker/mouth sores.
Angelique P.
Bellmead, TX
The first time I ever used this product was when I got my tongue pierced. My tongue was so swollen I could barely talk. A friend told me about this product. I tried it and in 2 days my tongue was back to normal and I could talk again. Now I use it all the time. Colgate® Peroxyl® Mouth Sore Rinse
Hannah A.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
If you burn your mouth on hot food or are plagued with cold sores or an irritated mouth, this is a must. It is expensive at around $8 for almost 17 fl oz, but so worth it! I am always burning my mouth or have irritation from too much acidic fruit and this soothes and numbs the area. It doesn't numb your whole mouth like Oragel or make you drool like crazy. It is gentle yet effective and I highly recommend it. I used this in the morning and at night, but it can be used up to 4 times a day if you need to.
Ashley C.
Las Vegas, NV
I grind my teeth and clench my jaw at night so I always have dents in my tongue and my cheeks are usually torn up, when I use this a few times a week they seem to heal faster and pain subsides. Would be great if you had braces as well.
Naomi B.
Roanoke, VA
I have lupus which causes sores in the mouth quite often this is the best mouthwash to have it tends to clear up the stores within a couple days and it makes your mouth feel like it’s clean and you’re keeping everything fresh
Dominique H.
Mobile, AL
Definitely not my daily user, but it was absolutely fantastic when I had my braces for sores in my mouth. Even after getting them off I still use this when I have one. I buy mine at Walmart. I would recommend this.
Rosalind P.
Plano, TX
I purchase this for my daughter because she has braces. Her mouth gets irritated after she gets her braces tightened. She said it's somewhat helped but not 100%. She said she would buy it again but I think it's more for someone who has maybe canker sores. I think it heals those faster. All in all I think it's a good product.
Angela M.
Tampa, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I’ve had Invisalign (braces) about 2 months now, but the last new tray that I had to wear, really irritated my mouth, causing canker sores and let me tell you I was IN PAIN! I went to Walgreens and saw this product for 8$ (which to me was high, but at this point I didn’t care) after one use I could actually feel relief! Day 2 and they’re almost all gone! I definitely recommend this product.
Lexi L.
Does this make your teeth whiter?
Cristine L.
Blanchester , OH
I don't think so, if it's meant for whitening, it doesn't work for me,

Amazon