Add a Photo

By COLGATE
#8 in Toothpaste
Colgate® Optic White® Cool Mild Mint Toothpaste.
Whiter teeth in 1 week.
Goes beyond surface stain removal to deeply whiten.
Anticavity fluoride toothpaste.
Enamel safe.
Photos (134)
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

I had used Crest 3D White toothpaste for the past few years before I recently made the switch over to Colgate Optic White. I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you whether the whitening claims are true or not (I'm not really able to notice a difference with any brand of whitening toothpaste - if there's any change it's probably pretty minor) but this Optic White toothpaste definitely leaves my mouth feeling fresher than Crest did. Another thing I like about it is that it's not harsh. Some other toothpastes have such a strong minty taste that it's overpowering, but this is really mild and I think it would work even with sensitive gums and teeth. I think this toothpaste has a stronger overall clean feeling compared to Crest, so I think I'll be sticking with Colgate from now on.
Randeigh J.
Randeigh J.
Monroe, NC

My husband and I have been using this toothpaste for about 3 years off and on. It really works! You won't instantly get pearly whites, but if you use it twice a day, like the packaging instructions say, you will definitely have visibly whiter teeth within 2 weeks. I use it more often when I start drinking more coffee and tea and it keeps me from getting a tinge to my teeth during those times. It honestly has a gritty feel to it and sometimes doesn't give me that just brushed clean feeling for the rest of my mouth, but I usually just go over again with another fave toothpaste and I am good to go. This does it's job as a whitening toothpaste though so I can't take off too many stars for that.
Maria N.
Maria N.

I know, many people feel that toothpaste is toothpaste. And, for the most part, I agree. That said - I really do like this toothpaste. The flavor is good and leaves a pleasant taste afterwards, and the whitening really does help. I tend to drink a lot of tea, so keeping ahead of the inevitable staining is my goal. When used as stated in the directions (twice a day), this toothpaste really does go a long way towards helping staining. Of course, it's not going to be as good as if you went and just had your teeth whitened. But for those of us for whom that may not be an option, this certainly helps to keep the staining from becoming too bad.
Tatiana R.
Tatiana R.
Dingmans Fry, PA

I honestly didn't expect a toothpaste to whiten my teeth overnight or even in a months time. We all know that is what the dentist is for. But i do love this toothpaste because of other reasons! I am very sensitive to minty toothpastes and sometimes they feel uncomfortable to me and I definitely don't like to feel uncomfortable when I need to brush twice a day. This paste isn't too strong like the others I had tried before. Its strong enough to feel refreshed and that its doing its job but its not overpowering and that's a big plus to me when choosing a brand. Also it does remove surface stains which is awesome. Very good stuff!
Breyonna S.
Breyonna S.

This is my favorite toothpaste. I was looking for one after realizing that Sensodyne just wasn't my thing anymore. That one left my breath just tasting gross after an hour and made me feel like I had to constantly brush my teeth 24/7. However, I saw a haul video from a beauty guru on Youtube and she said this stuff was great so I thought why not try it. I'm on my fourth tube and cannot say enough great things. It makes my breath smell great for a longer period of time, feels and looks like it cleans my teeth, and it's decently priced at any drugstore. I also have super sensitive teeth and this seems to work well for them.
Pop D.
Pop D.

Not exactly, it's more of a whitening tooth paste due to drinking a lot of coffee, tea, berries smoking and so on. What you are looking for is sensodyne.it is sold in places like cvs, Walmart, price chopper and so on. This product itself is a wonderful product especially one one loves to smile. I mean who wants to smile and show yellow teeth. If people see that then they also think your breath normally stinks since you don't care enough to take pride in taking good care of your teeth. It is said that one should not judge a book by its cover, but in this case you are looking to be judged by the look of your teeth.
Mary R.
Mary R.

This is one of the worst toothpastes I have ever used! During the first couple of weeks I tolerated the horrible taste because I thought it was actually whitening my teeth. And then I noticed they were getting more susceptible to staining from the tea I drink and actually turning browner! My mouth did not feel fresh after using it and my husband actually requested that I get him different toothpaste because he hated it. He usually uses whatever without complaint. I got mine in my Spring Walmart Beautybox and have been trying it since then but this week I finally gave up and threw the rest of it away!
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Athens, AL

I really like this toothpaste. It's different than any other toothpaste I've ever used in that it creates a warm sensation when you first start brushing with it, but it leaves my teeth feeling really clean and I *think* that I can tell a difference after about 2 weeks of use in the whiteness of my teeth. I saw a lot of reviews saying the peroxide leaves them with cold sore type wounds on their lips. I haven't personally experienced this but just in case, I make sure to rinse my mouth and lips really well when I'm finished brushing so there's no peroxide left around my mouth. Good stuff!
Cassondra C.
Cassondra C.

I've used this toothpaste since high school, about 5 years now, and even after trying multiple other brand of whitening toothpastes this is my tried and true favorite! This toothpaste not only has a great texture and taste but it makes a visible difference in how white my smile is even after only a couple uses. I can even notice a significant difference if I don't use it for a while (due to trying another brand), so I always go back to it. I would highly recommend this toothpaste to anyone.
leila t.
leila t.

I have been using this toothpaste for about 6 months now and my teeth look whiter and healthier. The first week I didn't notice any changes but then started getting people saying that they are very white and I also started to see the change. I saw my relative using the toothpaste and she started talking about all the benefits and so I bought one to try out and was surprised to see a change. It also made my breath smell more fresh for a longer period of time. The price is also very good.
Jameisha M.
Jameisha M.
Belton, TX

Is it worth buying?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, Fl

So did it work for you? It didn't make a big difference in the whitening of my teeth..Maybe I drink to much coffee?
Alina K.
Alina K.

Does this product actually work? I want to whiten my teeth without having to go to the dentist.
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
Reno, NV

Do you think this type is better than the 3d white?
Jackie B.
Jackie B.

Did it make you teeth sensitive after long term use?

Join Now