Add a Photo

By COLGATE
#8 in Toothpaste
Colgate® Optic White® Cool Mild Mint Toothpaste.
Whiter teeth in 1 week.
Goes beyond surface stain removal to deeply whiten.
Anticavity fluoride toothpaste.
Enamel safe.
Photos (130)
Erin K.
Erin K.
Port Orange, FL

Having found a coupon and a sale that lined up to make this toothpaste a deal I could not pass up, I tried it. I wanted to have blinding white teeth that they show on tv! I wanted that sparkle on them when I opened my mouth. This did not happen. Now my teeth are not in bad shape, not very discolored to begin with. I am a 2+ times a say brusher. I do however love to drink sweet tea all the doo-da day. Top that with having spent years of drinking soda with the tea.... So basically I was curious to see how white this would turn them. It had removed surface stains, I really was impressed that with the very first use it did show improvement despite a disclaimer of it taking 2 weeks. What was disappointing was that I got nowhere near the pure white teeth they have in the commercial. Now I know that was a bit unrealistic to hope for but I had hoped for better performance that I got. It seemed to stop showing improvement or change after the first week. The flavor is strong, my teeth feel smooth and clean brushing with it and I did have confidence to breathe on people having used it.
Katya M.
Katya M.
Cambridge

I have used both the Colgate optic white--express white; and the optic white toothpaste with built in whitening pen. I used as instructed and have noticed no difference at all. My advice would be-- not to waste your money on either of these products ($6.00 for express and $19.00 for pen and toothpaste) You will just be paying for overpriced toothpaste. If you want your teeth whitened go to the dentist and have it done professionally, which is what I should have done, but I was taken in by the ad campaigns!!!! The supermarket products simply don't work! I cannot believe the feedback claiming to have whitened teeth, as it made not one bit of difference to my teeth. Perhaps the product only works on some people's teeth and if this is the case, then Colgate should make this fact clear in their advertising and promotion and on the packaging, otherwise it is almost 'bait advertising' where the product may work on one person out of every 100 users. Not good enough Colgate.
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
Carlisle, PA

This is undoubtedly the WORST toothpaste that I have ever used!

To begin, the taste is horrid. At first it's minty, which, of course, is totally fine. But as you continue to brush your teeth, and then proceed to spit, it leaves a horrible flavor in the mouth.

I also found the paste to be almost grainy. It definitely didn't have a smooth texture, which was extremely off-putting to me.

The last thing that I did not like was the fact that the toothpaste seemed to foam up a bit whilst brushing. I feel that this aspect is clearly due to whatever cleaning/whitening agents are in the paste, but this just added another unpleasant element to an already bad experience.

I really think that this is a product that most people should skip. There are definitely other toothpastes out there that will help whiten your teeth without the gross side effects.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

I had used Crest 3D White toothpaste for the past few years before I recently made the switch over to Colgate Optic White. I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you whether the whitening claims are true or not (I'm not really able to notice a difference with any brand of whitening toothpaste - if there's any change it's probably pretty minor) but this Optic White toothpaste definitely leaves my mouth feeling fresher than Crest did. Another thing I like about it is that it's not harsh. Some other toothpastes have such a strong minty taste that it's overpowering, but this is really mild and I think it would work even with sensitive gums and teeth. I think this toothpaste has a stronger overall clean feeling compared to Crest, so I think I'll be sticking with Colgate from now on.
Randeigh J.
Randeigh J.
Monroe, NC

My husband and I have been using this toothpaste for about 3 years off and on. It really works! You won't instantly get pearly whites, but if you use it twice a day, like the packaging instructions say, you will definitely have visibly whiter teeth within 2 weeks. I use it more often when I start drinking more coffee and tea and it keeps me from getting a tinge to my teeth during those times. It honestly has a gritty feel to it and sometimes doesn't give me that just brushed clean feeling for the rest of my mouth, but I usually just go over again with another fave toothpaste and I am good to go. This does it's job as a whitening toothpaste though so I can't take off too many stars for that.
Katherin V.
Katherin V.
Newark, NJ

Colgate Optic White makes some serious claims about whitening and I think they are a bit overstated. Over the last year what I've learned is surface or near surface stains can be removed, reduced or prevented by using Optic White twice a day. I'm thinking of tea, blackberries, coffee. Those things we know stain teeth.

I can say the whiteness of my teeth has improved, but they aren't the white of my youth. It's a fairly subtle change for me. Your mileage may vary. In my case I think my teeth have some of the internal discoloration of age and it will take a visit to the a cosmetic dentist to get youthfully white teeth again.
Breyonna S.
Breyonna S.

This is my favorite toothpaste. I was looking for one after realizing that Sensodyne just wasn't my thing anymore. That one left my breath just tasting gross after an hour and made me feel like I had to constantly brush my teeth 24/7. However, I saw a haul video from a beauty guru on Youtube and she said this stuff was great so I thought why not try it. I'm on my fourth tube and cannot say enough great things. It makes my breath smell great for a longer period of time, feels and looks like it cleans my teeth, and it's decently priced at any drugstore. I also have super sensitive teeth and this seems to work well for them.
Mary R.
Mary R.

This is one of the worst toothpastes I have ever used! During the first couple of weeks I tolerated the horrible taste because I thought it was actually whitening my teeth. And then I noticed they were getting more susceptible to staining from the tea I drink and actually turning browner! My mouth did not feel fresh after using it and my husband actually requested that I get him different toothpaste because he hated it. He usually uses whatever without complaint. I got mine in my Spring Walmart Beautybox and have been trying it since then but this week I finally gave up and threw the rest of it away!
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Athens, AL

I really like this toothpaste. It's different than any other toothpaste I've ever used in that it creates a warm sensation when you first start brushing with it, but it leaves my teeth feeling really clean and I *think* that I can tell a difference after about 2 weeks of use in the whiteness of my teeth. I saw a lot of reviews saying the peroxide leaves them with cold sore type wounds on their lips. I haven't personally experienced this but just in case, I make sure to rinse my mouth and lips really well when I'm finished brushing so there's no peroxide left around my mouth. Good stuff!
Cassondra C.
Cassondra C.

I've used this toothpaste since high school, about 5 years now, and even after trying multiple other brand of whitening toothpastes this is my tried and true favorite! This toothpaste not only has a great texture and taste but it makes a visible difference in how white my smile is even after only a couple uses. I can even notice a significant difference if I don't use it for a while (due to trying another brand), so I always go back to it. I would highly recommend this toothpaste to anyone.
Jameisha M.
Jameisha M.
Belton, TX

Is it worth buying?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, Fl

So did it work for you? It didn't make a big difference in the whitening of my teeth..Maybe I drink to much coffee?
Alina K.
Alina K.

Does this product actually work? I want to whiten my teeth without having to go to the dentist.
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
Reno, NV

Do you think this type is better than the 3d white?
Jackie B.
Jackie B.

Did it make you teeth sensitive after long term use?

Join Now