BeautyFragranceTOCCA
Colette Eau De Parfum

Colette Eau De Parfum

by TOCCA

Shop TOCCA Colette Eau De Parfum. Enjoy free shipping and free returns plus a free gift and 3 free samples with every purchase at Bluemercury.com.

How similar is this to Byredo Gypsy Water?
Is this your favorite from the brand?
Start your review of Colette Eau De Parfum!
Casey P.
Prosper, TX
Colette Eau De Parfum uploaded by Casey P.
Welp, I jumped the gun in buying the 3.4 oz bottle 🤷‍♀️ The backstory here is years ago I loved this perfume, and I remember it so fondly I'd figured even if I didn't love it like I once did, that I'd still enjoy it. I think my taste in fragrance has changed just enough where I really can't get back onboard with this. All the notes really seem lovely, but I'm left with something much more powdery than I remember. Or maybe my body chemistry just evolved over the years and I bring out less of the sweetness and more of violet and musk in a way that doesn't have the same balance as I remember. It's too bad bc this was something I remember being really special, and hopefully it works for others the way it no longer works for me.
Sabrina G.
Modesto, CA
Colette Eau De Parfum uploaded by Sabrina G.
Tocca Colette is classified as a floral woody fragrance, with notes of lemon, bergamot, juniper berries, violet, pink pepper, jasmine, vanilla, pine, incense, sandalwood, cedar and amber. I wasn't sure what to think of this one at first. It didn't seem to follow the typical Tocca formula: bright and succulent opening, followed with soft florals and a light muskiness. It opens with plenty of citrus, but is also accompanied by an uncommon aromatic: juniper berries. The juniper is typically found in male dominated fragrances. It's not overpowering by any means, but you if you haven't smelled it before, it may be a little odd at first. As it dries down, it gets slightly powdery and peppery and then finishes with a soft vanilla and deep aromatic amber/pine needle/cedar base. It comes off a little like opening a cedar chest full of cashmere sweaters: warm and slightly like pencil shavings. It's absolutely intriguing and atypical of Tocca, which makes it all the more exciting. The issue with performance still sort of remains: longevity is around 4-5 hours on skin, and sillage is soft. Intriguing, free-spirited, unconventional: this is a scent perfect for the bohemian at heart. It feels romantic and cozy, but effervescent and light. I think of it as a rather versatile scent, great for any season - just pair it with the right raglan blouse and you'll be set. This is also a pretty solid clone of Byredo's Gypsy Water; the main difference is that Gypsy Water features heavier aromatics. If you happen to enjoy unique woody scents similar to Gypsy Water or Commodity Gold, definitely try to sample this one and experience it for yourself.
Olivia G.
South Boston, MA
Colette Eau De Parfum uploaded by Olivia G.
Purchased at: Sephora
Bright citrus opening of bergamot and juniper berry that deepens into sandalwood and violet. It has a bit of vanilla and spice in there, which adds some complexity. This is a woody citrus scent that is a truly gorgeous fragrance. It can be worn year round, but the citrus makes it a great spring and summer scent. Could be worn day or night. People say this is a dupe for byredo gypsy water too, which is great if you’re looking for something more affordable than byredo. Headache safe for me. It would get five stars from me if it has better lasting power, but I can only smell it for a few hours with low projection.
Tiffany C.
Colette Eau De Parfum uploaded by Tiffany C.
Polite, soft spoken, agreeable, kind. Sweet in a way that resembles pine sap, owing to the juniper. Sticky and resinous, and somehow fruity and watery. Colette hugs closely to the skin, perhaps too close. Packaged in a glass bottle unique to Tocca, I do enjoy this fragrance. It is comparable to Byredo Gypsy Water, but perhaps Colette's strength is too timid in comparison.
Ellaina P.
Coralville, IA
Colette Eau De Parfum uploaded by Ellaina P.
This is my absolute favorite go-to perfume. I have been using it for years and plan to continue. It is such a subtle but sweet scent that is not overbearing like many perfumes. I initially chose it because it was approved by both my mom and my best friend. Both have terrible allergies and can’t handle strings, overly sweet scents. I got hooked though and have continued to buy. A bonus is it comes in the most beautiful bottle! Just try it!
Autumn J.
Lawrenceburg, IN
Colette Eau De Parfum uploaded by Autumn J.
This is my absolute favorite perfume. I use this everyday. I fist discovered this at Anthropologie about 4 years ago, and ever since then I’ve known this is my signature scent. I don’t thank any other fragrance will ever match me as perfectly as this perfume. It’s smells so warm and comforting after it sits on the skin for a bit. It’s not too heavy, which is nice because it’s a bit more of an intimate scent. I’ve gotten so many compliments on this perfume with romantic partners, because you can only truly smell it when you’re a bit close and they always say how warm and comforting, yet subtle it is.
leticia P.
Kissimmee, FL
This is literally my favorite perfume ever, it lasts so incredibly long and doesnt fade much if any at all, def worth the price i paid, its smells delicious!
Brenda  W.
London, London
I got this as a Christmas Santa gift at first I was so happy but once I smelt it I did not like its a very floral perfume which is something I dislike so I use it as a spray in the house
Tera R.
Oxford, OH
This is a nice, everyday scent. It is floraly without being overpoweringly so. The packaging is so pretty, but it is slightly difficult to apply.
Angellena B.
Redmond
Excellent "cool girl" perfume. Something about this is so elusive, aloof, and incredible. It's hard to pin down the exact scent profile, but think that girl who wears clothes that shouldn't look good but just *do.* She doesn't have time for men, she doesn't have time to pretend to like you, she's doing her own thing and loving it. Like other Tocca perfumes, longevity isn't great. Not overwhelming--most won't know you're wearing perfume, they'll just think you smell amazing, naturally.