Cogeco Inc. uploaded by TerryLee D.

BY COGECO INC. #6 in Cable Providers

Cogeco Inc. is a diversified telecommunications and media company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, which serves residential and commercial customers through various subsidiaries.

Alissa L.
Saint Johns, MI
I don't know much about this company but it seems really good! It looks to have good services!! Wish I knew more about it
Shanon S.
I would highly recommend Cogeco great company never any problems I have them 100 plus rating awesome company
Jane B.
St. Catharines
Cogeco shuts off my internet with no warning. Apparently, Cogeco does not like D-Link routers but wants customers to use their modems. Hence, every once in a while, Cogeco shuts off my internet, without phoning me, writing me, or emailing me at my billing email address to warn me; this time around Cogeco told me that my D-link router was slowing down everyone else's internet service in the neighborhood, which I find hard to believe. Losing internet without warning wrecks havoc on my work, since I am a professional who works primarily from home. I've told Cogeco before not to turn off my internet in this way. Hence, I'm now looking for a new service provider. Also, their over-the-limit charges for data are very high.
Ashley S.
Renfrew, ON
Better internet service than bell in my area...still expensive in my eyes but they are pretty good with maintaining their loyalty discounts. However you must reach out to them in order to ensure you get your discounts. I find the digital cable selection OK...just OK. Only downside is I have been having issues with maintaining a good wife connection. I have called many times to try to fix it and I am told it is normal. Needing to restart yhe router 3 times a day for wifi is NOT normal this day in age. Finally one day a rep told me that there have been issues with my model of router and they are working on fixing it. After another week of crappy wifi I called and asked what the status was only to be told there was never an issue with my model of router .. so that has left me a little frustrated.
Krystal B.
Smiths Falls, ON
We always have problems with Cogeco. Our landline is connected to our internet. So if our internet goes out (happens enough) the phone goes out also. Just last month our phone and internet was out for three days. The response we got was "Well the soonest we can get out there (in the middle of town) is in 4 days" They surprised us with coming in three days. Good thing we have cellphones or things would have been very unpleasant. We will be switching to Bell as soon as our contract is up. We are sick of all the problems we have with Cogeco.
Kathleen S.
Niagara on the Lake Ontario
Cogeco service is great their service people are always polite, remove their shoes and have a very nice disposition. The telephone service is great and I've often been talked through small issues. The only time we lose servide is during a bad storm and even that is rare, I am a longtime customer of Cogeco and appreciate their loyalty program,. We now have TiVo through Cogeco and it is everything it is cracked up to be!
Sarah H.
Kingston, ON
I dislike the service Ive been receiving through cogeco. My husband and i have 200 gb/month of data and for the last few months have been going over. We decided to move up to the unlimited package to save $$ and we went in the store and he said we could bump it up but they wouldn't honour the discount they applied for being a long time customer. I am looking at cancelling so I don't have to pay an extra $20-$50 per month.
Jen H.
Kingsville , ON
Reliable service but quite expensive. Have had no issues the couple times we have had to get a technician out to correct issues with the cables on the outside of the house. Tech support over the phone was also polite and helpful. However the cost for the packages is quite expensive if you do not bundle them up for discounts. The cost of internet alone should not be as high as it is.
krista b.
Had issues while with cogeco. Tried to charge us when we moved. They over charged us 600 dollars and would not listen to me. ( in the end I got a credit but had to fight tooth and nail for it?) customer service could be better. we were told we had the best Internet and connection and it was not. for just Internet we were paying 180? can you say rip off? I could go on..
Katelyn C.
Cogeco is good it isn't cheap but it isn't too expensive. It provides a good range of channels. The phone connection is good but the internet cuts out and doesn't work sometimes. There are quite a few times that the cable, internet and phone stop working which cogeco should really fix because all of their customers get annoyed and can't even call to complain.