BY COASTAL SCENTS

When it comes to creating a smoky eye, we'll be the first to admit that it's easy to feel a little lost. Enter: this foolproof palette from the shadow pros at Coastal Scents. Featuring twenty can't-go-wrong shades in a variety of textures and colors, this shadow collection comes with blendable hues to craft any smoky look-from subtle and elegant to dark and smoldering. see more...

• Ok so I just ordered this because I was told it is a lot like urban...1 Answers
  • How is the formula and does it last long? Is it easy to blend? What...1 Answers
  • The revealed palettes are very similar to the naked palettes, what ...2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Samantha T.
Samantha T.
Oroville, CA
AWESOME palette, with great color payoff. I was a little hesitant to order anything Coastal Scents after purchasing their Beijing Go palette (while some of the colors were really great, a good portion of them had fallout issues) but decided the goods of that palette justified giving them another go. Glad I did! Most of these are so silky and glide right on. I was worried the lighter highlighting shades wouldn't work for me because I have a very pale complexion, but the pigmentation is great, especially for this price point. I did need to build with some of the darker mattes and there were two colors that did have a little fallout but nothing like with the Go palette. Removal was a breeze and they swatch beautifully (sans the aforementioned mattes). I am also thoroughly pleased with the range of colors you get with this. You can easily do a work-friendly, neutral-toned smokey eye or take it up a couple notches for a night out. They also included other tones for less traditional smokey looks, which I really love. A lot of other 'smokey' palettes neglect this I've noticed, so it was great to see them included.

Bottom line- Well worth the money spent and I am definitely going to try out the other palettes in this collection. Faith in Coastal Scents restored.
ana o.
ana o.
I got this pallet in my Boxy Charm. It is a sort of a Dupe for another more expensive's brand. I say sort of because, the formulation is not exactly the same as for as long wear. I have the UD1 pallet and must say that the Coastal Scents Smoky Pallet has a few colors that are also similar to some Shades from the UDN1 Pallet as well as the Smoky Pallet which this is a dupe of. So you get dupes of both the UDN1 AND the UD Smoky pallet in this one Coastal Scents Pallet.

There is more glitter fallout from the Coastal Scents particularly the gold color. I swatched the Gold Color, that is similar to the UD Half-Baked color and there was tons of Fallout. But some other colors of the Shimmers are okay and swatched nicely and quite similar in colors The Darker Mattes blended into a muddy mess . Also the Coastal Scents is not as long wearing as the UD.
Mirror M.
Mirror M.
Tallahassee, FL
He shimmer shadows apply easily and are very buildable, making layering easy. However, in order to get the shadow noticeable, especially the nude shades, I would suggest using a primer. When applying, there is little to no fallout, and blending is a breeze thanks to the smooth formula. Unfortunately, the matte shadows are a little weaker in comparison to the shimmery shadows. The formula s dry and chalky, and unless you use a primer, it will takes many applications to get a dark, opaque color. The formula also makes them a little harder to blend, although not impossible.
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Charlotte, NC
I must say, I have only used this palette a handful of times. I don't often do a smokey eye look. I was not going to pay high-end prices for something I knew I wouldn't use often, this was the perfect product choice for me. I do use a primer with it. I feel it lasts as long as any other shadow. There is a bit of fall out but that is easily fixed with a bit of concealer. I liked the range of colors for a smokey palette. I felt they were not too intense, but I think you could build the color to get a very intense smokey eye look. Overall, I would recommend this product.
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
College Sta, TX
I love this palette for both daily and going out looks. I bought it with the intention for parties and other events where I would want more of a smokey eye but I find myself actually reaching for it on a daily basis for the left hand side of the palette. I love the range of the shadows in here and how I can use it for so many purposes! The shadows are super pigmented and blend-able! I use an eyeshadow primer under them and they last all day on me! Included are a picture of the palette and swatches of a few of the shades to show pigmentation!
Jessica J.
Jessica J.
Anderson, TX
This palette is great for someone need neutral shades as well as a few random bright ones to create a perfect smokey eye. It has a few transition colors and great crease colors such as a matte dark brown and a nice black. It has some purples and blues in there if you want a bold color and even has some amazing shimmer shades. I use this with the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer and the colors look great! Do tap off your brush before applying though as a lot of pigment comes up at once. Overall, this is a great buy for everyone!
Vania L.
Vania L.
Penndel, PA
I got this in a Boxycharm box and had such high hopes for it. I do not own the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette. I find the shadows very patchy and not pigmented, but I didn't try them with primer, so maybe they would get better. As with all Coastal Scents packaging, this can get a bit messy since they are very soft and can kick up a lot of fallout. I'm just thankful I didn't truly pay full-price for it. I'd say save your money and get the real UD Naked Smokey.
Dayna J.
Dayna J.
Laredo, TX
This palette girl ugh beautiful! I got this in my boxycharm and fell completely in love with the colors! I use this palette every time I'm looking for a nice smoked out look. The packaging this hard cardboard but the design is almost identical to the smokey palette from UD my eye color is brown so all these colors depending on how you combine them will make your eyes pop :) so many colors to choose from. Fallout is real with this palette. Definitely recommend!
Amy S.
Amy S.
Oaks, OK
I am really digging this palette. I had a lot of fallout at first but only because I didn't pick up the product on my brush and tap the excess off. I also used Urban Decay eye shadow primer and the eyeshadow lasted a lot longer ,was more pigmented, and didn't have any extra fallout. I love all of these colors. They all go so good together. I love the mattes and the shimmers. The packaging is nice but I do wish it came with a mirror.
Madison C.
Madison C.
Johnson city, TN
I bought this palette on sale, hoping to get a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette. I was so disappointed. Some of these colors are barely pigmented and quite chalky feeling. Most of the shimmer colors are pretty good, but I was hoping to have a little more of a one stop shop as far as matte transition colors as well. I got quite a bit of fall out when applying these shadows to my eyes as well.
Angel G.
Angel G.
Hey, how much is this product?
Ornella S.
Ornella S.
Are these shadows easily blend able?
Julia E.
Julia E.
Revealed or naked? Which one is worth it?
Gabrielle G.
Gabrielle G.
Sunrise, FL
How pigmented are these shadows, and how long do they last on the lid with primer?
Sarah b.
Sarah b.
Is this a good palette? Is it pigmented? Does it last long?