BY C.O. BIGELOW

• For what this ? How to use it?1 Answers
  • Does this live up to the hype? I've wanted to try this for a whil...3 Answers
  • I'm looking for a new chapstick type product. I like the idea of ...2 Answers
C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve
  • "It has a medicated smell, like the medicated tangerine EOS lip balm, so if you don't like the medicated scent I wouldn't suggest purchasing this, but overall it's a great product !" in 8 reviews
Alexis E.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This is one of my favorites! I use mainly as a chapstick at night, and my lips feel so soft in the morning. I've also used it as a moisturizer at nighttime, and it hydrates mt skin really well.
Ana G.
Laredo, TX
This is my holy grail. I have been using this for years. When I was in high school, I was prescribed Accutane for my acne. One of the causes to taking accutane is dry lips/skin. This product saved my life. I had severe dry/cracked lips, and putting Rose Salve relived my pain and drastically changed my lips. Great moisturizing properties, and there's a lovely rosy tint to it and light smell of Rose which is my favorite. I also use this lip balm on my cuticles and elbows. It's a must product to have in purse.
Ella K.
Los Angeles, CA
This is a nice product, and it smells like roses. I dislike it because I constantly have to re-apply it on my lips. It doesn't moisturize my lips very well and it gets very runny and liquids so I often have to refrigerate it to return it to its desired texture.
shawntavia w.
My go-to lip balm every single day!!! I've been through 4 tin cans already, & I even kept the empty ones for little candies, rubber bands, or costume earrings. I have a rose salve lip balm in my purse & one on my night stand by my bed. It makes my lips super soft. My lips are plump and this lip balm keeps them looking moisturized, with a chic shine finish! I even use it as a lip primer before I apply my lipsticks.
Maleah N.
Maple Valley, WA
I think it smells nice. It's a manlier rose smell. My husband uses it every day on his beard, face and hands and it helps tame the fly-aways on his beard and also makes him so soft.
Jade K.
This is my holy grail lip item. It is essentially a lovely scented vaseline, but it also has just the TINIEST hint of a tint. It is the perfect "no-makeup-makeup" lip. It is a bit glossy as well. I personally don't use it on my skin because of the gloss (grease) factor, but I occasionally put it on my cuticles. If I had to choose one makeup item to keep in my purse, this would be it!

The only con is that occasionally the tin can get banged up and then get stuck. This can be insanely frustrating but you just have to bang it up more to knock it loose.
Jamie B.
College Sta, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Love this all purpose salve. It is great for lip, dry hands, though elbows or wherever else you need moisture. I love the rose smell and the fact that it is a multi - use product.
Hanna N.
Silver Spring, MD
This is my absolute favorite lip product. i use it every day on my lips, my hands, and occasionally on my face if it is particularly dry in the dead of winter. i see some comments that say it has a medical scent... i don't get that. i think it smells amazing. one tin lasts more than a year, even with daily use. and i love what it makes your lips look like. just a little shiny, not wet looking. I've purchased this over and over again -- and have used it almost daily for nearly a decade.
Rachel M.
I have a pot of this rose salve in every bag I own. I've tried many other brands (including Smith's) and I heavily favor the CO Bigelow version. It has a slightly pink tint that gives a touch of life to otherwise naked lips. The only bad part about this is that you have to apply it with your fingers which I don't mind. An application will last ~3 hours for me plus the pots last forever. I mainly use this on my lips but I'll also use it on dry cuticles at night. I prefer the smell of this over Smith's version at Sephora and I like the silkier texture of it compared to the thicker Smith's version.
Alyssa Kayla J.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This will ALWAYS be a holy grail. I discovered it about 8 years ago when I was on Accutane which has a popular side effect of drying out your skin, but ESPECIALLY your lips, nothing else worked for me but this! The oily consistency is light, but so moisturizing I tin will last forever! I love using on my cuticle as well during winter especially. It smells like roses and I never had an issue with it smelling/bring medicated or burning/irritating my skin.
Jacqueline L.
Does anyone ever use it over a lipstick?
Monica S.
River Grove, IL
What does everyone think of the consistency and scent of the rose salve?
Tanya J.
Does this live up to the hype? I've wanted to try this for a while but it seems like this product doesn't have a single bad review. Hard to believe it can be that good?
Ashley C.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I'm looking for a new chapstick type product. I like the idea of having it in a pot because I think that's cute so I'm wondering how well this works for chapped lips?
Caitlin H.
Minneapolis, MN
My cuticles are always dry and make any manicure look terrible, will this product help?