BY C.O. BIGELOW

• For what this ? How to use it?1 Answers
  • Does this live up to the hype? I've wanted to try this for a whil...3 Answers
  • I'm looking for a new chapstick type product. I like the idea of ...2 Answers
C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve
  • "It has a medicated smell, like the medicated tangerine EOS lip balm, so if you don't like the medicated scent I wouldn't suggest purchasing this, but overall it's a great product !" in 8 reviews
Melanie O.
Hendersonvlle, NC
I have been using C.O.Bigelow Rose Salve for about 6months.
The product comes in a tin and you have to dip your fingers in (wash your hands).
It is pink with a rose scent ( slightly stronger than Smiths Rosebud Salve).
It goes on smooth some of the product absorbs in and most sits on the lips.
I will use this during the day (if I need it) or if I can't find my Smith's.
I will also apply at night ( if I can't find my Smiths/ or its closer). Also before working out to keep my lips from drying out as I huff and puff and mouth breathe.
This one feels slightly more "waxy" and a stronger scent than the Smiths brand ( that's why I prefer Smith's).
I still recommend and have repurchased.
Janie M.
Melrose, MA
I absolutely love C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve! It is an amazing product for someone who's lips have a mind of their own and are easily affected by weather. The salve is a must have product for everyday use and is not only good as a lip balm, but also for dry skin as well. The rose scent is soothing, in my opinion, and not too strong like a menthe scented product. I definitely recommend this product! I purchased this for a 3 for 1 deal at Bath & Body Works and their regular price makes it definitely worth it not just because the price but also because it is just a wonderful product.
Jade K.
This is my holy grail lip item. It is essentially a lovely scented vaseline, but it also has just the TINIEST hint of a tint. It is the perfect "no-makeup-makeup" lip. It is a bit glossy as well. I personally don't use it on my skin because of the gloss (grease) factor, but I occasionally put it on my cuticles. If I had to choose one makeup item to keep in my purse, this would be it!

The only con is that occasionally the tin can get banged up and then get stuck. This can be insanely frustrating but you just have to bang it up more to knock it loose.
Alicia L.
Ramona, CA
This is my holy grail product, my "can't live without" item. If I were stranded on a desert island, I'd be fine as long as I had C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve. It's good for everything...rough elbows, ragged cuticles, even split ends. I use it at night for an under eye treatment and it's a miracle. I have about 10 tubs in my medicine cabinet, since I constantly worry that it might get discontinued. I might be a little (OK, a LOT) obsessed with this stuff. It smells amazing and the consistency is super silky. Try it...you love it.
Michelle A.
Queens Vlg, NY
This is a very multi purpose product! I got so many of my friends to purchase it because it's that amazing! I use it every single day! I have one that stays on my vanity at home and one that I keep in my bag at all times. The tin last forever but I have repurchased it and already have back ups. I use this not only on my lips but on any blemish whenever I have one as well. I would put it on a blemish at night and by morning it's would be gone or almost gone! I love it!
Alyssa Kayla J.
This will ALWAYS be a holy grail. I discovered it about 8 years ago when I was on Accutane which has a popular side effect of drying out your skin, but ESPECIALLY your lips, nothing else worked for me but this! The oily consistency is light, but so moisturizing I tin will last forever! I love using on my cuticle as well during winter especially. It smells like roses and I never had an issue with it smelling/bring medicated or burning/irritating my skin.
shawntavia w.
My go-to lip balm every single day!!! I've been through 4 tin cans already, & I even kept the empty ones for little candies, rubber bands, or costume earrings. I have a rose salve lip balm in my purse & one on my night stand by my bed. It makes my lips super soft. My lips are plump and this lip balm keeps them looking moisturized, with a chic shine finish! I even use it as a lip primer before I apply my lipsticks.
Marissa D.
Victor, NY
I just finished my tube of rose salve that Ive had almost three years!! So yeah this stuff lasts forever which makes the price alright. Im such a lover of rose scented/tasting products so I was bound to love this. Unique consistency somewhere between a balm and a gloss but definitely leaning towards balm level moisture. Also gives lips the prettiest subtle pink sheen. I will repurchase this product forever!
Andrea U.
I started incorporating this into my beauty routine and I will never go back! I use this before I moisturize my face and it hydrates my lips while doing my full face of makeup. I also started using this before going to bed as well so that my lips would stay hydrated throughout the night. The smell is so nice and thankfully not overpowering. Definitely recommend if you want constant hydration
Amanda Z.
Grand Rapids, MI
I am in love with this salve. It works great on chapped lips and also helped heal my cracked elbows in the winter. Also, it works wonders on cuticles. This product has many uses. I like the cute tin it comes in. The salve is very concentrated and can be greasy. Though it does absorb into skin over time.
Jacqueline L.
Does anyone ever use it over a lipstick?
Monica S.
What does everyone think of the consistency and scent of the rose salve?
Tanya J.
Does this live up to the hype? I've wanted to try this for a while but it seems like this product doesn't have a single bad review. Hard to believe it can be that good?
Ashley C.
Wellness Guru Expert
I'm looking for a new chapstick type product. I like the idea of having it in a pot because I think that's cute so I'm wondering how well this works for chapped lips?
Caitlin H.
Minneapolis, MN
My cuticles are always dry and make any manicure look terrible, will this product help?