BY CND SHELLAC #9 in Nail Polish Base Coats

CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat .33 fl oz A soft, sticky 3-free base coat for healthy nails. WHAT IT DOES: Anchors Colour to the nail to prevent peeling and chipping. WHY YOU NEED IT: Improves nail Colour wear-ability. Helps prevent surface staining of natural nails and enhancements. 3-free formula does not contain Formaldehyde, Toluene or Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP). see more...

• Did this dry out anyone's nails?1 Answers
  • What do you think is the most effective use? I have been...1 Answers
  • Does anyone know if this keeps your nails strong + hard? ...1 Answers
Jessica G.
Findlay, OH
For CND Shellac there is a process after prepping the natural nail as well as application on artificial nails. It starts with this base coat. I always recommend using the corresponding brands from base to finish. I use this brand, the OPI cured gel polish, Enail Couture, Nail Harmony, and a few other professional grade LED cured gel polishes.
Samantha B.
Was the first of its kind, so they definitely know what they are doing - they just aren’t my favorite. The bottle is so tiny that you really don’t get many uses out of it. It is really thick, so you need to use WAY less than you think you do for a good cover!
Jessica S.
Charleston, WV
I bought shellac for my mom wanting something to help harden and protect her nails with out having to have acrylic I love that after you set under the uv lite and wipe with alcohol and your done and go do what you need too
Cindy L.
Ruskin, FL
This is the ONLY base cost i will ever use!’ It kinda rubberized my nails and make all your polishes stay put and wears a lot longer then usual. CND always has the best in nail care and I know I will get the best at home mani’s!
Lynn B.
This was pricey for the size. I had to order it online. I didn’t feel that it worked. My polish didn’t wear any better my using this. It had good reviews , but it was a disappointment. I won’t buy again or suggest this product.
Melissa P.
Norwalk, CT
Keeps the gel on longer. Creates a base before they put the color gel on. Also removes any residue left on the nail. This product is a must if you are using gel. Price equivalent to other gel products.
Jessica W.
Old Town, FL
This base coat is amazing! It’s makes my polish last at least a week without chipping, which is unheard of since my hands are always in water or chemicals with cleaning or washing my hands.
Bri R.
This is my first impressions review. I will update in a few days / week.

Pros: A little goes a long way. This product is thin and applies very easily. It dries in under a minute -- close to 30 seconds. It appears to be more like a nail treatment than drug store base coats I've used. It looks blue in the bottle, but one applied it is clear.

Cons: none at the moment.
Sara S.
Naples, FL
Thanks to helpful reviewers I stumbled across this little gem for doing my nails as reviewers previously stated it really does help nail polish stay on longer.
It does become quite thick after a few uses. I'm still on the lookout for my HR base coat. I feel like with this one, some polish brands stay on fabulous on it and last for days, others only last a couple days, even with this. So the seems hit or miss.
Kaite G.
I have such a hard time finding a good base coat. I'm rough with my nails and I'm constantly washing my hands or using sanitizer, so my manicure lasts 2-3 days if I'm lucky. I tried out this base coat and my manicure lasted a whole week without problems. Right now I'm having trouble chipping off the color. My only issue is that the base coat is tinted green, and sometimes this green tint shows through light colors. Otherwise, I definitely will be buying this again.
Jana H.
Dartmouth, NS
I have been getting professional shellac done for the last year but finding it is way to expensive to maintain. Has anyone tried this product at home? Is the longevity the same?
Julia T.
TORONTO
Where can I purchase this product?
Andrea T.
How well does the base coat stay on?
Katie C.
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone know if this keeps your nails strong + hard? Looking for any help I can get with at home manicures as I want to grow my nails out and not have them break as easily as they do now. Does this aid in strengthening nails?
Pamela H.
Buckner, MO
What do you think is the most effective use? I have been told to apply a coat between each layer of color and also just to use once as base coat