BY CLINIQUE #5 in Makeup Remover

Our best-selling makeup remover. Totally tugless formula whisks away makeup. Dissolves and "lifts away" long-wearing makeup, even waterproof mascara. Non-irritating, non-stinging.

No parabens. No phthalates. No fragrance. Just happy skin.

How To Use:

• Shake well.
  • Saturate cotton ball.
  • Sweep on. Wipe off.
  • Rinse with water before reapplying makeup.

Water\Aqua\Eau , Isohexadecane , Dimethicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Trisiloxane , Peg-4 Dilaurate , Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride , Hexylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Potassium Phosphate , Dipotassium Phosphate , Dipotassium Edta , Phenoxyethanol​

• What do you use to remove your makeup? Face wash, wipes, ...5 Answers
  • Has anyone here switched from makeup remover to micellar ...2 Answers
  • What's your favorite makeup remover you use? I use Clini...6 Answers
Racheal M.
Atlanta, GA
I got this as a sample in my Sephora play and I would consider buying a full size. It surprised me because I was expecting the traditional toner like makeup remover and this isn’t it. It has a oily texture. Like miceller water but oily. I have oily/combo/acne skin but I do like oily products because oil absorbs oil so a makeup cleanser that doesn’t strip my skin is a huge plus! The makeup didn’t stand a chance. It easy swiped away. When I use miceller water, which I love I have to let it sit a little over the eyes before swiping. With this it just wipes away. I double cleanse when I wear makeup and this could easily replace my cleansing balm or cleansing oil if you want to try a new product with the same purpose. I had on a full face of makeup (lashes, contour, setting powder, blush, highlighter and lipstick) so it did take 4 or 5 small cotton balls so I wouldn’t say it’s eco friendly. Maybe if I had cotton n rounds or squares that would be less. The product says for lids, lashes, and lips so maybe I wasn’t suppose to use it for my full face but I did lol. I would definitely recommend giving this product a try
Shauna C.
I wasn't happy the last time I used one of Clinique's products but this really turned it around for me, It's so hard using makeup removing wipes for mascara and eyeliner, with this I just shake up the bottle, put just a little on a cotton ball, hold on my eyes for a few seconds then wipe away all the mascara and eyeliner and eye-shadow I have on, it really surprised me how much it took off with just the first swipe. I received a really big size sample of this from my Sephora PLAY! box for the month of June, but the price on this is very reasonable so I will be purchasing a full size when the sample runs out.
Denise H.
Wilmington , NC
I recently received this product in my June 2018 Sephora Play Box and am very impressed by it! I usually use the GARNIER® SkinActive™ Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof everyday to take my makeup off so it was good to try something different for a change. I wear a full face of makeup every single day, and this stuff removed every last bit of makeup with a single large cotton pad! Even Waterproof mascara came off easily which I am happy for because even with my micellar water it can take a while and effort to get it all off! It does feel oily after using it on my skin but I always wash my face after taking my makeup off anyway, so this is no big deal. Will definitely be purchasing full size in the future!
Krissy L.
Fairburn , GA
This makeup remover by Clinique is my go to! I've been using it for a few years now and I find that it easily removes your makeup. It removes eyeshadow, lipstick, foundation, and more. Its ingredients make it easy to remove the makeup (less than 6 minutes), it doesn't burn your eyes, and it feels good on your face. Also, I have a bit of sensitive skin so the fact that it doesn't cause any breakouts is a plus!

The reason why I gave this product four stars instead of five is because you have to apply more to your eye in order to remove the mascara and eyeliner. However, it's expected for those to take more than the eyeshadow. However, I would definitely recommend and buy this again!
Darya G.
New Castle, DE
I've received a travel version of this product in one of Sepora Play. Fortunately, I did not buy a full-size product, otherwise I would be very disappointed.
This stuff is  for removing persistent makeup from the eyes, lips. Absolutely didn't like the two-phase consistency. After use, I wanted to clear my face several times more, because it is covered with some kind of oily layer ... Make-up removes nothing better than the usual micellar water. Also after use was an itchy eye ..
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
I have acne prone sensitive combination skin and slightest of dirt and makeup left overnight clogs my pores and gives me breakouts and irritation. I use double cleansing method whenver I use makeup. This makeup remover is quiet gentle and cleans waterproof and stubborn makeup easily be it mascara, eyeliner, kohl, lipcolor it removes evrything easily without irritating my skin or causing any redness. It does have a oily feel to it but it actually helps clean the makeup better without requiring me to rub my eyes or lips. I follow it up with a oil clenaser and a cleanser gel. I would definitely recommend this product.
Hallie P.
I use this product only to remove my eye makeup and it works AMAZING! It’s a little too oily for me to apply all over my skin (I already have pretty oily skin) but it does wonders with removing my eye makeup. It doesn’t hurt my eyes and it takes the makeup off the first try! It also gets off ALL my mascara so my eyelashes can breathe at night and I noticed my eyelashes looking longer and more fuller since using this product!
Elizabeth A.
Albertson, NY
Classic makeup staple. Like most people, I stole this from my mom. I have tried other makeup removers over the years and yet nothing can replace this. Ive tried miceller water, oil cleansers, makeup wipes, cleaning balms and but Clinique's Take The Day Off is all those things combined. This takes off make up without smudging and tugging. 1 clean sweep. It is light and great on sensitive skin but dries oily so it doesn't dehydrate the skin. Highly recommend and would buy the full bottle. Find at Sephora or Macys!
amela o.
Waterloo, IA
I received this sample in my Sephora play and I absolutely love it for taking off even the most stubborn eye makeup. I soak a cotton round with a bit of this product and hold it onto my lid for a few seconds before gently wiping away any eye makeup. It even gets off my stubborn waterproof lash paradise mascara! I don’t like using it all over my face because it leaves a slightly greasy residue.
autumn g.
Mineral Wells , WV
I love this stuff. It makes the process of taking my makeup off at night a breeze. It’s very gentle, but I don’t like the alcohol scent. For being a higher end product, the small bottles are only 7-9 dollars and last me for 2-3 months. You only need to lightly dab two cotton balls with it, and it has the capability of taking off all heavy eye makeup. Lancôme Effacil Gentle Eye Makeup Remover will always be my all time favorite, but I can’t beat the price of this.
Jada B.
Sun City, CA
I've been doing a research on some good makeup remover, does this one do the job without using too much?
Angelica B.
Is this good for sensitive skin and does it leave your eye lids sore and a burning feeling after use?
Louise M.
Stoopshill Crescent , Dalry , North Ayrshire
I've never used any Clinique products before as I find them quite pricey but my friend has recommended this to me several times is it any good?
Kourtney A.
Minford, OH
Does this sting or leave your eyelids feeling oily?
Jenna P.
I have super sensitive eyes. Will this burn your eyes? Does it work well?

back