BY CLINIQUE #8 in Makeup Remover

Dissolves and "lifts away" long-wearing makeup, even waterproof mascara. Non-irritating, non-stinging. Ophthalmologist tested. Appropriate for contact lens wearers.

• I've been doing a research on some good makeup remover, does this o...26 Answers
  • I'm really wanting to try this after seeing a video review on it. ...1 Answers
  • Is this a good makeup remover?1 Answers
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Hacienda Hts, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works so well and it is extremely gentle which is why I like it so much. I just put some on a cotton pad and then gently leave it on my eye for about 10 seconds and then it removes most of the eyeliner and mascara. With waterproof mascara I'll leave it on there for another couple of seconds and it will be able to wipe away with maybe some touchups here and there. Using this makeup remover i don't feel worried about using it too long on my eyes since it's so gentle and I don't have any irritation problems.

I do definitely wash my face after using this since it is pretty greasy but also it unveils whatever leftover eye makeup is still on my face and ill go back in and clean it up a little more and rinse my eyes. Like i said it's really gentle so it works well with sensitive skin and to wipe your makeup off more than once without getting redness.

This is my favorite eye makeup remover to use out of the garnier cleansing water and the lancome eye makeup remover.
Ashley V.
Ashley V.
Before purchasing this, I have always hated taking off my water proof eyeliner and mascara. I would use baby wipes, Vaseline, but to no avail. I would go to sleep with the corner of my eyes on fire from all the harsh rubbing.
I finally found this product cuz my mom has it and I sneaked it.
And lemme just say, My world has changed forever after that.
Waterproof eyeliner and mascara residue no longer haunt my eyes in the morning, I don't wake up with smeared eyeliner, and my eyes are happy that they don't hurt anymore from all the rubbing!
The oils are perfect for my sensitive baby skin. I use a cotton ball and the oils easily remove the makeup. I recommend this to anyone who has trouble taking off makeup like me.
Paula S.
Paula S.
I generally really like this remover! It gets off al my eye makeup with only minimal effort and doesn't irritate my eyes at all, which is huge for me. It's not oil-free, but it is made with a synthetic oil that dissolves upon contact with water, so it's safe to use if you've got any sort of eye trouble where you're supposed to use oil-free removers. Whatever residue that is left after removing makeup is easily washed away when I cleanse my face. It's pricier than I would normally want to spend on makeup remover, but the drugstore options did not work for me. On the bright side, Clinique is often running some sort of promotion at various department stores which can give you more bang for your buck.
Kacee B.
Kacee B.
Logan, NM
I used a cotton pad to apply this remover, I noticed I needed to leave it on for a few minutes before it started to take off my eye makeup. If I used my finger to apply this product to my lashes it seemed to work a little faster because I was putting more product directly on my lashes. I used a regular washcloth with warm water to remove the makeup remover and it left a little greasy feeling under my eyes. I also noticed the remover did not do a great job at removing the smudging that appears under your eyes when trying to remove your mascara. I ended up having to go back a few different times and use the product to get all remnants of mascara off my lashes.
jae C.
jae C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This makeup remover is both versatile and gentle. I have sensitive skin and most makeup removers tend to be ridiculously harsh on my skin, but this Take the Day Off isn't at all. I received a sample of it in one of my GWP orders and decided that I liked it enough to buy the full size bottle... even though my wallet said "ouch."

It is strong enough to take off my JSC Velour LIquid Lipsticks when I soak a cotton round in the solution and just let it sit on my lips for about 20 seconds before I try to wipe it off.

The only thing that I don't like is the scent. I'm a firm believer that makeup (and makeup remover) shouldn't be scented... but that's just me.
Jessica V.
Jessica V.
Dickson, TN
Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover was originally something I received in a Clinique bonus. I had never purchased a makeup remover prior to using this product, however it is now something I use regularly. Clinique's Take the Day Off Makeup Remover is slightly more expensive then your average drug store brand however, Clinique's products always deliver in quality and are geared toward those with sensitive skin, which I like and need. With gentle application of this remover, my makeup comes off much more easily and after using my face wash I feel like I have achieved a much cleaner face! I would highly recommend this product.
Heather W.
Heather W.
Milton Freewater, OR
This is great stuff! Easily removes the most stubborn eye make up, including waterproof mascara. I just use a cotton ball or q-tip to wipe it on my lids and lashes, let it sit for a minute or two and then wipe with another cotton ball. Everything comes off in one wipe. It's nice waking up with no residual make up smudges under the eyes. And it doesn't irritate the sensitive skin on my eyelids and under my bottom lashes.

My only complaint is that the top is wide open so it's hard to control how much comes out, which tends to make the bottle go faster.
Sigma U.
Sigma U.
Ozone Park, NY
Clinique is a brand that is gentle on every skin. I used to hate cleansing oils but after I started wearing full face makeup almost everyday for work I've developed to love it due to its power of taking makeup off (especially waterproof mascara) easily. The Clinique brand I trust the most because it is always fragrance free and doesn't irritate the eye area. So if you have sensitive skin and don't like rubbing and tugging your skin I recommend the Clinique cleansing oil out of all the others there is. Also the price isn't so bad and reasonable.
Georgie D.
Georgie D.
Kissimmee, FL
This remover is incredible. Took off a star for price because who doesn't like cheaper items lol but this is definitely a fantastic remover. It says oil free but still has something in it that allows the remover to glide VERY easily across the eyes and lips. It doesn't over dry or leave me feeling terribly greasy. I really like this.If you like this but want to find something cheaper, a comparable options is the Garnier micellar water for WATERPROOF makeup. It doesn't glide as easily as the Clinique, but it is an affordable comparable option.
Nikki L.
Nikki L.
Clinique's Take the Day Off range is a must have. Removes makeup easily, does not irritate skin and is also affordable for a higher end brand. I have tried a few different removers but I come back to this one every time. I highly recommend asking the counter to test it on your skin and eye area first though as some people may find this still irritates them if they are sensitive to any of the ingredients. The travel size is perfect as I do not use a lot at a time and like to replace every 6-8 weeks. I have never purchased this in full size.
Jada B.
Jada B.
Sun City, CA
I've been doing a research on some good makeup remover, does this one do the job without using too much?
Angelica B.
Angelica B.
Is this good for sensitive skin and does it leave your eye lids sore and a burning feeling after use?
Louise M.
Louise M.
Dalry, North Ayrshire
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've never used any Clinique products before as I find them quite pricey but my friend has recommended this to me several times is it any good?
Jenna P.
Jenna P.
I have super sensitive eyes. Will this burn your eyes? Does it work well?
Kourtney A.
Kourtney A.
Minford, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this sting or leave your eyelids feeling oily?