BY CLINIQUE #15 in Makeup Remover

Dissolves and "lifts away" long-wearing makeup, even waterproof mascara. Non-irritating, non-stinging. Ophthalmologist tested. Appropriate for contact lens wearers.

• What's your favorite makeup remover you use? I use Clinique Take...5 Answers
  • I'm really wanting to try this after seeing a video review on it....1 Answers
  • I've been doing a research on some good makeup remover, does this...26 Answers
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Hacienda Hts, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works so well and it is extremely gentle which is why I like it so much. I just put some on a cotton pad and then gently leave it on my eye for about 10 seconds and then it removes most of the eyeliner and mascara. With waterproof mascara I'll leave it on there for another couple of seconds and it will be able to wipe away with maybe some touchups here and there. Using this makeup remover i don't feel worried about using it too long on my eyes since it's so gentle and I don't have any irritation problems.

I do definitely wash my face after using this since it is pretty greasy but also it unveils whatever leftover eye makeup is still on my face and ill go back in and clean it up a little more and rinse my eyes. Like i said it's really gentle so it works well with sensitive skin and to wipe your makeup off more than once without getting redness.

This is my favorite eye makeup remover to use out of the garnier cleansing water and the lancome eye makeup remover.
Paula S.
Paula S.
I generally really like this remover! It gets off al my eye makeup with only minimal effort and doesn't irritate my eyes at all, which is huge for me. It's not oil-free, but it is made with a synthetic oil that dissolves upon contact with water, so it's safe to use if you've got any sort of eye trouble where you're supposed to use oil-free removers. Whatever residue that is left after removing makeup is easily washed away when I cleanse my face. It's pricier than I would normally want to spend on makeup remover, but the drugstore options did not work for me. On the bright side, Clinique is often running some sort of promotion at various department stores which can give you more bang for your buck.
jae C.
jae C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This makeup remover is both versatile and gentle. I have sensitive skin and most makeup removers tend to be ridiculously harsh on my skin, but this Take the Day Off isn't at all. I received a sample of it in one of my GWP orders and decided that I liked it enough to buy the full size bottle... even though my wallet said "ouch."

It is strong enough to take off my JSC Velour LIquid Lipsticks when I soak a cotton round in the solution and just let it sit on my lips for about 20 seconds before I try to wipe it off.

The only thing that I don't like is the scent. I'm a firm believer that makeup (and makeup remover) shouldn't be scented... but that's just me.
Heather W.
Heather W.
Milton Freewater, OR
This is great stuff! Easily removes the most stubborn eye make up, including waterproof mascara. I just use a cotton ball or q-tip to wipe it on my lids and lashes, let it sit for a minute or two and then wipe with another cotton ball. Everything comes off in one wipe. It's nice waking up with no residual make up smudges under the eyes. And it doesn't irritate the sensitive skin on my eyelids and under my bottom lashes.

My only complaint is that the top is wide open so it's hard to control how much comes out, which tends to make the bottle go faster.
Georgie D.
Georgie D.
Kissimmee, FL
This remover is incredible. Took off a star for price because who doesn't like cheaper items lol but this is definitely a fantastic remover. It says oil free but still has something in it that allows the remover to glide VERY easily across the eyes and lips. It doesn't over dry or leave me feeling terribly greasy. I really like this.If you like this but want to find something cheaper, a comparable options is the Garnier micellar water for WATERPROOF makeup. It doesn't glide as easily as the Clinique, but it is an affordable comparable option.
Nikki L.
Nikki L.
Clinique's Take the Day Off range is a must have. Removes makeup easily, does not irritate skin and is also affordable for a higher end brand. I have tried a few different removers but I come back to this one every time. I highly recommend asking the counter to test it on your skin and eye area first though as some people may find this still irritates them if they are sensitive to any of the ingredients. The travel size is perfect as I do not use a lot at a time and like to replace every 6-8 weeks. I have never purchased this in full size.
Alora G.
Alora G.
King, NC
It is a bi-phase remover that must be shaken. It is an okay product for me but, I just have others I like much better. For the prestige price a drugstore brand works just as well. It is not harsh or full of chemicals. It did not have an odor. I have some heavy duty lip stains and it just doesn't do the job. I end up utilizing more product than I should. To me, it is so oily. The packaging is good except for the lid to hard to remove for some at counter with arthritis. It does not remove my waterproof dior mascara so I am not a fan.
Madhuri P.
Madhuri P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hands down the best makeup remover I have used yet. The second best is Micellar water from Garnier. I love this product. It literally takes every makeup product off effortlessly and doesn't burn your skin. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and hydrated at the same time. I really like this product because I noticed that when I used a cleanser afterwards, I didn't have to try to get rid of any makeup that was still clinging on to my skin. Definitely worth the purchase. Also it will last a long time because it doesn't require a lot.
Cassandra W.
Cassandra W.
Placentia, CA
I honestly never really used makeup remover for a long time, i just used water. I know that's bad but I never really had a problem with it and I was lazy haha but then I borrowed some of the Clinique makeup remover from my mom and it was life changing. it works amazing and it makes my skin soft. i had used one in the past that was way too oily and made me break out. i have very sensitive skin and this does wonders and has not bothered my skin at all. i would recommend it to everyone and it is the only one i will use from now on.
Yedzin T.
Yedzin T.
Erie, PA
I think this is just a meh remover cause the formula hurts my eyes when I remove my eye make up and the harsh formula causes them to sting. Also the formula is a tad too greasy so I wouldn't recommend it to those with oily skin cause if removing is the end of your routine you're gonna be experiencing some serious break outs. In order to thoroughly cleanse and remove EVERYTHING it is crucial to wash your face after using the remover otherwise you're gonna break out capital. All in all I wouldn't really rush to nab this cleanser.
Jada B.
Jada B.
Sun City, CA
I've been doing a research on some good makeup remover, does this one do the job without using too much?
Angelica B.
Angelica B.
Is this good for sensitive skin and does it leave your eye lids sore and a burning feeling after use?
Louise M.
Louise M.
Dalry, North ayrshire
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've never used any Clinique products before as I find them quite pricey but my friend has recommended this to me several times is it any good?
Kourtney A.
Kourtney A.
Minford, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this sting or leave your eyelids feeling oily?
Jenna P.
Jenna P.
I have super sensitive eyes. Will this burn your eyes? Does it work well?