Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil

Skin Types: All.

Immediately dissolves even tenacious face makeup, oil and impurities. Glides on, rinses off cleanly with water. Leaves no residue. For all skin types. Apply to dry face with fingertips and gently massage, rinse. Ophthalmologist tested.

How to Use

Apply to dry face with fingertips and gently massage, rinse.

Imm new to oil cleaning. Is this one any good? Are there other products that do just as much for less ?? Any recommendations on oil cleansers
Is it really good? Worth the money?
Hey all! I have a question about cleansing oils - I’m currently using [product:clinique-take-the-day-off-cleansing-oil] and do like it, but want something a bit more affordable. Do you have any recommendations for someone who has relatively sensitive skin?
Start your review of Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil!
Product Highlights
“...said the term dermatology tested puts my mind at ease bc I have super sensitive skin. Clinique has never irratated my skin so I will continue to use their products as long as their on the market. Very pleased with this make up remover oil.” in reviews
Milwaukee, WI
The only reason I give this product four stars instead of five is because it takes everything off except for mascara. I mean it takes off most of it but not all. I use this as my first step in double cleansing and usually my second cleanser takes off all the mascara. I have dry skin and usually if I use makeup wipes or cotton pads with makeup remover. It feels like I am using a really harsh scrub, so this product really was a great way for me to takeoff my makeup without drying/ stripping my skin of moisture. The reason I won't be repurchasing this item is because it does cloud my eyes. If that doesn't bother you then this is a great product for you!
Oviedo, FL
I love Clinique products! I feel like their beauty line is honest when it comes to providing products that do what they say they do. I’ve never had a bad experience with any of the products in the Clinique line. I also have the balm version of this and either product works well. I especially like using this when I want to ensure that I’ve removed all makeup residue off my face toward the end of the night. This product ensures that my face is completely bare without any makeup left overnight. My skin doesn’t do well when I leave makeup on throughout the night so this product guarantees that I won’t end up with breakouts in the morning.
Federal Way
I used this product as the first step of my nighttime skincare routine. I like that the product is very effective in melting all my makeup off. I don't need to use a separate eye makeup remover, and I can tell that all my foundation and sunscreen has been wiped off too. I use a foaming cleanser afterward to double cleanse and get that fresh feel. This product does what it claims to do, but the downside is that it is really expensive. You can get similar oil cleansers for a fraction of the cost (I would recommend The Face Shop's rice bright cleansing oil; it is a Korean brand that you can get on amazon or other websites).
Cerritos, CA
Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil uploaded by Phil D.
Purchased at: Sephora
I’ve recently started double cleansing and wanted to use an oil that didn’t have too many added ingredients. As a fan of Clinique’s balm, I figured I’d give the oil a try for everyday use, and I’m thoroughly impressed! I take two pumps, massage it into my face for about 30 seconds, & then splash some water on and allow everything to dissolve away nicely! It turns into a nice, milky foam that’s easy to wash off. I follow this with a regular cleanser & have noticed absolutely no makeup coming off on cotton rounds when toning afterwards. I’d you’re looking for a good oil for a double cleansing routine, I’d definitely recommend this!
Pompano Beach, FL
Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil uploaded by Crystal D.
Purchased at: ULTA
I used to scrub my makeup off with makeup wipes. I wear a full face most days, with dramatic cat eye and intense shadow. It was such a pain to get off. Now I add about a nickel size amount of this to my palms, rub all over my face, rinse and then follow up with a regular cleanser. My makeup melts off, and there's no more tugging and scrubbing that sometimes leaves my eye area raw. This stuff was life changer. You cant go wrong with it! Totally recommend. Kiss your expensive makeup wipes goodbye and convert to this! You'll be so glad you did :)
Longmont, CO
Like the Cleansing Milk, I like this very much for a gentle cleanser to start the day off, not great for removing makeup for me. It always leaves mascara residue or foundation, blush and have to go back with another cleanser. But I will repurchase and keep using this as a morning cleanser or a no makeup day end of the day cleanser, I really like oil cleansers in general. As far as removing makeup at end of day, I prefer the Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser Mousse in pink tube, it leaves no traces of makeup, works very well for me.
Ozone Park, NY
Whenever you Wear make up you have to make sure to double cleanse and always go in with the oil before a white because the white can be a little harsh so I love going in with the oil and the Clinique take the day off cleansing oil is my go to because it really target all the make up and melts it before I take a wipe and wipe it away and then I grab onto micellar water and then I wiped the rest of the make up away. However it is always important to start with an oil so your make up gets broken down
I'm new to the concept of oil cleaners, and double cleansing. But I'm very interested in assuring that all my makeup is being removed, especially some of my "long-wearing" &/or waterproof products. I decided to try this. It's just odd that it's not really an oil cleanser at all, just formulated to behave like one. Even when I double cleanse with this, I have noticed some residual makeup left, hence 4 stars. I will my bottle, but I'm not sure yet if I will repurchase.
Livingston, NJ
The best way of really cleaning your skin is to double cleanse. First you use a oil base cleanser to remove the oil from your pores and then a water base cleanser (soap) to remove the rest of impurities. So I’m in the search of my favorite cleansing oil. Decided to star with this one and it is not a bad one but doesn’t have all the benefits a cleansing oil can offer. This one is pretty simple but it does it’s job. Really good for taking makeup off.
Chicago
I love this stuff!!! I had been wanting to get into using a cleansing oil before my regular facial cleanser, but have sensitive skin and irritate easily. I took a chance with this because my skin typically reacts well to clinique products - and I'm so glad I did! It literally melts my makeup off and feels great to use before my cleanser, where as other makeup removers leave me feeling super dry prior to cleansing. I use it every night!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Cerritos, CA
il y a 2 mois
Hey all! I have a question about cleansing oils - I’m currently using Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil and do like it, but want something a bit more affordable. Do you have any recommendations for someone who has relatively sensitive skin?
Kendall Julia D. • il y a 2 mois
I don’t know any cheap dupes for it but I do find take the day off a lot at my tj maxx marked down
26 Garyth Williams Close, Rugby, Warwickshire
il y a 5 mois
Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil I have dry skin and I was wondering if this would be good for my skin. I also have eczema so please let me know.
Wendy G. • il y a 5 mois
My sister has dry skin and began using it a few months ago and likes it. Unfortunately, I can't say how it will do with eczema.
il y a un an
Is this product good for oily acne skin? Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil I'm using micellar water to take off make up. Now I want to try this one, and need advices from you :)
Belle H. • il y a 4 mois
I think it does well for all skin types, tbh! I have combo skin, and it works wonders for me.