BY CLINIQUE #59 in Facial Cleansers

Skin Types: All.

Immediately dissolves even tenacious face makeup, oil and impurities. Glides on, rinses off cleanly with water. Leaves no residue. For all skin types. Apply to dry face with fingertips and gently massage, rinse. Ophthalmologist tested.

How to Use

Apply to dry face with fingertips and gently massage, rinse.

• Is this worth the added cost, or are there drugstore "dup...2 Answers
  • Does Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil remove make...2 Answers
  • Do I have to use a lot of this product in order to remove...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I love clinique products they are fragrance free and always dermatology tested being said the term dermatology tested puts my mind at ease bc I have super sensitive skin. Clinique has never irratated my skin so I will continue to use their products as long as their on the market. Very pleased with this make up remover oil." in 42 reviews
Holly M.
Metairie, LA
Review for: CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil 1.7 oz, Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil 200ml/6.7oz more...
One of my favorite cleansing oils on the market. Super gentle and doesn’t have much of a smell. Removed makeup super easy and you don’t have to put in a lot of product or effort to get the job done. I will continue to repurchase and recommend this product because it takes away oils, dirt and makeup so effortlessly and easily that you don’t even notice you had a full face beat before applying the cleanser. Doesn’t leave any residue behind and gets rid of all the stubborn makeup. I highly recommend this product to all skin types. Left my face looking bright and luminous after using. Doesn’t leave any greasy feeling to the face behind like most oily cleansers do. Removes everything including itself with warm water. Pat dry and continue with the rest of your facial routine. I usually purchase mine on eBay or Sephora. I will definitely be stocking up on backups and living for this product. Also love the formula for my skin type too. Removes mascara better than anything else I’ve tried. Removes it better than Too Faced Mascara melt off, so that just goes to show you how nice of a product this is.
Melissa O.
Review for: Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil 200ml/6.7oz more...
I do love this product, but I only gave it four stars because it does irritate my eyes if I have it on for more than five seconds or so. I’m assuming that because it’s an oil it kinda just slides right under my eyelids, and it can sting a mild amount. That being said, this really does a good job of removing longwearing and waterproof makeup, although I do feel like the balm works better. However I keep buying this because a bottle will last you FOREVER. I wear makeup almost daily and have had the same bottle for several months and am only about halfway through. It’s so convenient, and really does leave the skin feeling supple and clean.
Marissa B.
Valley Spgs, CA
Review for: Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil 200ml/6.7oz more...
The worst makeup removing product I’ve ever used. I don’t understand how anyone could give this a positive review. I used it on a day that I was wearing very light makeup (BareMinerals Original foundation, light bronzer and highlight, and Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara...that’s it) and it removed almost nothing. I used it on a dry face with dry hands, shook the bottle really good before dispensing...it did nothing except leave my face covered in a disgusting oily residue.
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
This makeup remover/cleanser is fantastic! I used to only want to use Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover, but I can't afford it! It was always the absolute best at removing makeup easily! However, I just couldn't afford it and I'd end up getting to use it only when it would come with a gift and I'd get the trial sizes. Love those!! However, this really is much more affordable and they give you a LOT of it! It will last and I was amazed at how well it works at removing very difficult waterproof makeup. Usually it's the mascara (high-end) that is difficult to remove and I don't even use the waterproof kind, because the regular mascara is so good that it stays put until I remove it! And, it's usually difficult to remove without help as in a cleanser like this and other prestige brands. I'll definitely buy it again and I recommend it! I was really so surprised because I've never been a Clinique fan, but I'm becoming one fast! Love this stuff!!
Olivia W.
I use this cleanser for a double cleanse and it works very well. I chose this over the balm because I didn't want to use a product with plastic in it. So far, i find that it might be a bit too hydrating for my tzone, but not so much that i want to stop using it. Good price for the large bottle and a little goes a long way. I do use it for eye makeup, carefully though. I find if you let it sit for a bit it works a lot better on eyeliner and mascara.
Payton F.
Surprise
This product is amazing!!! I got the travel size from Sephora just to give it a try and I instantly fell in love. It has a locking pump that is perfect for travel. The product itself is the only makeup remover I’ve ever found that gets rid of every bit of makeup, even my water proof eye makeup! Absolutely can not remove my makeup without this product anymore. Definitely will repurchase
Franciele L.
Altamonte Spg, FL
I’ve always loved Clinique. All their products have worked really well for my skin. This couldn’t be different. It’s amazing. I use this as my first step and then go over with another cleanser to make sure my skin is completely clean. It haven’t broken me out and it takes EVERYTHING! I probably don’t need the second cleanser because it’s that amazing. I would continue using it !
Brady K.
Waxahachie
This is my go to oil cleanser! It has a very lightweight feel to it while having an amazing spread! I hate tugging at my skin while washing it so this cleanser’s slip is amazing! It also has the best pump of any oil cleanser I have ever tried! Adding water emulsified this oil very well and it did not leave any greasy residue.
Savannah B.
Baltimore, MD
Review for: CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil 1.7 oz more...
This is my 6th bottle of this stuff haha I’m a big time makeup lover. This, like the balm, is amazing at removing my makeup and is also gentle on my eyes which is really important to me. It is also so good at removing mascara!
Kaitlyn G.
Lincoln Park, NJ
Review for: Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil 200ml/6.7oz more...
Oh boy not my fav Clinique product. I’ve been using it for a while now but I feel like after i use it to wash off my makeup I have to wash my face to get rid of the oily feeling it gives me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ maybe it’s just me but I have to say it’s effective at removing makeup!
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
Do you use this before using your face wash?
samantha e.
San Jose, CA
Is this worth the added cost, or are there drugstore "dupes" for this?
Abby I.
Does this actually get all the makeup off?
Shreeza S.
San Francisco , California
Which one is better this one or the balm ?
Stacey M.
My skin is dry and sensitive, will this help my dryness? or will the balm or milk be better? x