CLINIQUE Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Balm

What It Is
Our #1 makeup remover in a silky balm formula.

What It Does
Lightweight makeup remover quickly dissolves tenacious eye and face makeups, sunscreens. Transforms from a solid balm into a silky oil upon application. Cleans thoroughly, rinses off completely. Gently helps remove the stress of pollution so skin looks younger, longer. Non-greasy. Non-drying. Ophthalmologist Tested.

Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate , Polyethylene , Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate , Water\Aqua\Eau , Tocopherol , Phenoxyethanol

Usage:

• Use fingertips to massage balm over dry skin.
  • Rinse well with warm water. Pat dry.
  • Follow with your 3-Step Skin Care System.

Does [product:clinique-take-the-day-off-cleansing-balm] work well at removing eye makeup like mascara and eyeliner ?
who has used this product and did it work well for you? Did it make you break out?
Is this oily? Is it good for those who have sensitive skin?
Start your review of CLINIQUE Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Balm!
Product Highlights
“I love all of the Clinique products this is one of my favs though! I have very sensitive skin and this really leaves it feeling clean and moisturized!” in 245 reviews
Oroville
Purchased at: Sephora
I love this cleansing balm, but it is just too expensive with all of my other skincare that I buy that I spend about $80 a month on. I found another amazing oil cleanser called Hada labo oil cleanser on Amazon actually does a more efficient job then the balm. But, I have to give it up to Clinique because this is one of their better products that I have tried. It completely comes off clean your face feels fresher than ever and you feel like you're ready to go on to your face wash. You should be double cleansing, especially if you ware makeup. YOU MUST! I mean. Help your skin out girl. This balm is NOT cleansing, its REMOVING! So you need to rub this on to dry skin massage it gently and then emulsify it, Which basically just means putting this on, rubbing it onto dry skin and massaging gently then taking some water into the palms of your hands, putting it onto your skin and wetting your face for the first time, which would mean you are emulsifying the oil, AKA making sure everything is coming out, then finish up with a face wash I recommend the CeraVe Foaming Face Wash, or the CeraVe hydrating face wash. I found these combinations to be so so perfect! This is one of the only cleansing balms that I would actually ever consider paying this much for. Thinking about it now actually, the Hada labo one is only about $10 cheaper. And I think that this one comes in a bigger container. Anyhow, as a skin lover and also a self-proclaimed skin enthusiast, I give this balm a 10 out of 10. If you disagree, you probably are not using it right. It needs to go on to completely dry skin and needs to be massaged in and then finally washed off do not put on to wet skin!! it will not get your makeup off and it will be rendered useless. It is a perfect balm practically, it is scent-free and is perfect for sensitive skin as it contains no essential oils no alcohol no parabens what have you. I recommend this for people with sensitive skin that really want to do the double cleansing method. Best of luck! No breakouts either!! :)
98632
I read and watched a lot of reviews about this product before I purchased it.  It all sounded too good to be true, I had to see for myself.  I dont think its possible to rave about this product enough, it was AMAZING! I love that it starts out as a balm and quickly turns into a thick oil consistancy after you rub it together in your hands to warm it up before applying. There wasnt any smell to the product that I could pick up on, which was great. After you apply it and work it all over your face (and on the eyes), adding a little water helps make it milky and easier to move around. My eye never stung from the product, a few other cleansers that I have tried did sting my eyes. After I wiped all the balm off of my face and dried it off, my face felt so clean and it didnt leave my skin feeling dry or tight, it was just happy! I started using this as my pre-cleanse to a double cleanse process, and has been the best pre-cleanse product I have ever tried! It has been the only product that has removed ALL of my eye makeup and waterproof mascara without leaving mascara residue behind. I would stock up on this balm and would recommend it to everybody, unfortunately since my face is so sensitive, I had to return it because it started causing rather large un-happy friends to appear on my face. I dont know which ingredient did not agree with my skin, and Im so sad that my skin didn't love it as much as I did. Highly recommend it still though!
Grand Rapids, MI
Purchased at: Sephora
I bought this from Sephora because the amount of product in the jar is quite a lot. Trying it in the store on my hand seemed to work pretty well. Upon using it at home was a different story. I didn't use a makeup wipe remover to clean off my lipstick and didn't use an eye makeup remover for my eye makeup because I wanted to see and get the full experience of the cleansing balm. Taking off the eye makeup was more rubbing than I thought. Upon rubbing it to activate the makeup removing properties, a little bit must have gotten into my eyes, and then it clouded my vision. Rinsed this asap and had to get more product. Not what I want and being a contact lens wearer, I already pull enough at my eye area. I went onto to the rest of my face and the balm emulsified my lipstick (great!) and then as I kept using the balm, my lipstick spread all over my cheeks (😯). I had to rinse and get a new batch of the cleansing balm. I do not recommend
Shingletown , CA
Absolutely LOVE!!!! I have dry and oily skin depending on the weather and rosacea well all the time. I have tried a lot (not everything) of products that will get all my makeup off including my eye makeup without having to use 2 different items. Most of them are super drying and or very oily and leave a film feeling on my face even after my second cleanse. This takes everything off and leaves my skin so soft as if I wouldn’t have to moisturizer, but I still do. There is no film left behind and no making even before my second cleanse. It travels really well too. I can toss it in my gym bag or my overnight bag and I don’t worry about it getting all over because it never has. I’d say I use 1 tub about a month and yeah some would think that $30 is a bit much but if it works and your skin is as sensitive as mine you don’t care. I have used this for going on 3 years and nothing have come close to replacing it ever!
Blacksburg, VA
This product lasts forever and is at a great price point taking that into consideration. It also made me break out despite being non-acnegenic, which is odd for Clinique. I know it is this product because my breakouts worsened upon use of this and have decreased dramatically since I’ve stopped using it. It does a good job at removing makeup. To be honest, I just don’t love the packaging. I tend to avoid skincare products that require you to dig into it with your fingers. Also, I can confirm that it does make your vision cloudy and eyes sting if it gets in them. If your skin doesn’t freak out easily and you don’t care about the packaging, I would say this product is a win. I recommend using the Clinique eye makeup remover instead of this for eyes, though. For reference, I use the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil now and it works like a dream to take everything off easier.
HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!!! I can say with confidence that I will be using this product for years to come. I have not changed my makeup remover for probably 5+ or so years since discovering this cleanser balm. It does such an impeccable job at removing your makeup and has helped me to stop breaking out from residual product on my skin. It removes even the most stubborn water proof mascaras and is so gentle at the same time because it turns into an oil. It's not drying and not harsh like other cleansers that make your skin feel tight afterward. I love dipping into this tub and lathering it into an oil just as I step in the shower to wash up. I also love the hassle free formula in the balm form so when you travel, it doesn't get stopped by TSA and also doesn't spill everywhere because it's technically a solid!
Katy, TX
AMAZING! I wear makeup a lot of the time, Im talking eyelashes, waerproof mascara, eyeliner, full coverage foundations. I definitelly recommend this product, becuase it beats makeup wipes by a ton, since you dont have to pull at your skin to remove products. I use a super waterproof mascara and it melts it off of my face. It works incredibly, I have the gian tube size bc I found it on sale at Marshalls (belive it or not) so ofc I had to purchase it bc of how greats the reviews were. My cousin came to visit and fell in love with it as well, I think the travel size would last a long time as well. BC this giant size has lasted me months and I use it up to 3 time a week. LOVE it !CLINIQUE Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Balm
Arlington
This is my current go-to cleansing balm. I use it every night when I wear makeup.  I LOVE how it breaks up the makeup, I love how it emulsifies with a little water, I LOVE how my skin feels when I rinse it off.  The only reason that I give a 4-star review is that it does cause a little eye irritation for me, and temporarily blurs my vision after I rinse away.  I'm older so I'm pretty gentle with tugging and pulling around my eyes, but the products always seems to seep in a little.  When my current tub runs out, I'll try another balm or two - but the skin benefits of this product just might make me keep coming back, despite the eye irritation.  Regardless - I really love this balm.
Oak Park, CA
This really works. I got this as a sample and was skeptical because I don’t usually like Clinique personally (their ingredients are the same as most dish soap). However, their makeup is good, so I’d put this product in that category rather than skincare. A little goes a long way with this! It removed my mascara easily too, but did leave a slight “raccoon eye” that I got rid of with the cleanser that followed this step anyway. It leaves a little bit of a balmy feel to it after you rinse with just water, but is fully gone once you cleanse your face. I’ve tried similar products and this one works the best out of any of them. They’re definitely the leader in makeup removing balms.
Purchased at: Sephora
I decided to buy this cleanser because it was more affordable than the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm , but it was a big mistake, I couldn’t believe that this Clinique cleansing had a 5 stars reviews because for me didn’t work like I was expecting to! It didn’t remove my makeup away, didn’t clean my dirt away, I had to use another cleanser and wash clothes to really clean all my makeup away, so after 2 tries I went back to the Farmacy Green Cleansing because this one will literally melt away all your makeup including the waterproof mascara and eyeliners! And won’t irritate your eyes. Also is good for my oily/ acne prone skin

606 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Rockaway Park, NY
a day ago
Does CLINIQUE Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Balm work well at removing eye makeup like mascara and eyeliner ?
breann C. • 21 hours ago