Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing BalmInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY CLINIQUE #1 in Makeup Remover

Lightweight makeup remover quickly dissolves tenacious eye and face makeups, sunscreens. Transforms from a solid balm into a silky oil upon application. Cleans thoroughly, rinses off completely. Gently helps remove the stress of pollution so skin looks younger, longer. Non-greasy. Non-drying. Ophthalmologist tested. For all skin types.

• I'm really wanting to try this after seeing a video review on it....2 Answers
  • Could I use this instead of a face wash or would I use it before ...5 Answers
  • How long does this jar last?5 Answers
Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Balm
  • "This is my go to makeup remover to get the most hard to remove, long wearing, long lasting makeup." in 5 reviews
  • "You can use it for both your face and eye makeup and it removes everything.. even water proof mascara and you don't have to scrub at your eyes." in 5 reviews
  • "Love this product, it works so great and it's very cleansing!i would highly recommend this!" in 3 reviews
Nicole T.
Nicole T.
Signal Hill, CA
Cost: $29.00 USD

I purchased this out of curiosity when I was shopping at Bloomingdale's. And quite honestly, despite it being a spur of the moment purchase, I am so glad I did it.

No matter what season it is, it doesn't stop me from wearing makeup, and with that comes the responsibility of making sure I take care of my skin. And the most essential step to my skin routine is to remove all of it before cleansing.

For the price, it's totally worth your money, a little goes a long way. You just need to take about a pinch of this product, warm it up between your hands and rub the makeup off your skin. Whatever melts away can be a tad bit messy, so I usually wipe it up with a makeup wipe, or a damp washcloth. I have been using this everyday for the past 2 months and I haven't even gone through half the bottle yet.

This is by far the best makeup remover I've ever used, it truly does melt all the makeup I use away, even waterproof eyeliner and mascara. And for the price, it is definitely cost effective, I no longer need to the expensive makeup wipes I used to purchase.

If you take the chance and purchase it, you won't regret it.
Erin S.
Erin S.
Ashland, KY
I wear a decent amount of waterproof and heavy eye makeup. This will break it down. I bought this because I was needing makeup remover and wanted to try a balm cleanser but didn't have the patience or time to order one online.
It's definitely gentle, it provides a
Nice slip and so you don't have to tug at your face to get your makeup off. I haven't noticed that it clogs my pores and I have been using it for months. It also laaaasts. I have more than half left. You definitely get a lot of product so The price is made better for this. One thing I will say, this is not a low maintenance product, you will need to wash your face with a foaming cleanser after this one. It's oil based so I would t let any residue sit on my skin. That being said, if the extra step doesn't Bother you, I would recommend this balm to you. Your face feels clan and renewed after double cleansing. Although, I do believe you could find a better one, it would be a foreign brand and would have to be ordered so as far as state side cleansing balms go? This one for sure.
Christine C.
Christine C.
Anaheim, CA
No makeup remover compares to this product. It's truly top of the line. It's pricey, but lasted me more than three months of almost-daily use. Not much product at all takes off my full face of makeup. Unlike cold cream, after you break up your makeup water will remove all the product and makeup from your face, no need for cleansing cloths, etc. It's not drying, doesn't pull or tug at skin or lashes, and never irritates my eyes. It's the only remover that takes off the toughest of liquid lipsticks for me without making a mess or staining the surrounding skin. It's truly a gem. If you haven't tried it and you aren't committed to investing in this time after time, don't even try it. Because you WILL get addicted. I tried to use my other makeup removers after this and they simply won't do. It's addicting. And perfect.
Nina A.
Nina A.
Astoria, NY
I've been using this for over a year now, and while I've tried other cleansing balms of various price points I always come back to this one. This cleanser is gentle, but removes all makeup without dragging my eyes, and I wear super-waterproof mascara from Asia. I have normal to combination skin (true combo where some parts are dry and others oily) and I can use this everyday without disrupting my normal skin. Typically I do wash my face again with the First Aid Beauty Foaming Cleanser and my Clarisonic Mia immediately after to really clean out my pores, but the Clinique Cleansing Balm doesn't leave waxy or oily residue on the skin so you don't have to do that if you don't want to.
Macy T.
Macy T.
Muncie, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of those makeup removers that I always go back to. It takes off EVERYTHING - even waterproof mascara! It feels so nice on the skin, and I like having it in the balm because I don't feel like it slides off my face or my hands like a normal cleansing oil does. I'm really able to work it into my skin and get all the makeup off. I love it for days even when I don't wear makeup! It makes your skin feel cleansed and soft afterwards! I have very acne prone skin, and this stuff makes my face feel wonderful. I actually think my skin has gotten better since using it, just because it's able to get off every spec of makeup at the end of my day!
Dana S.
Dana S.
I just tried a sample of this because I misplaced my other makeup remover and I really liked this! I love that you can just put it on dry and it literally melts everything off! It really got my makeup off effortlessly. However, I did notice that after removing my eye makeup it sort of irritated my eyes which I didn't like. I also didn't like rinsing off the balm but that may be because I am used to my micellar water and cotton pads. I would purchase this product especially for face makeup but I do believe I would use another makeup remover for my eyes so it doesn't irritate them again. Overall, I do recommend this product!
leeanne p.
leeanne p.
new york
This is by far my favorite product i have yet to buy, this stuff works AMAZING, it really does take off EVERYTHING, i used to use so many makeup wipes a night to take my makeup off and i found myself pulling at my lashes a lot to fully remove my mascara but nope with this stuff you just rub it over your eyes and all of my eye makeup comes off so quick and easy! It also leaves my face feeling so fresh and soft after i use it which is a huge plus! It is so worth every penny and i would so buy it again!! Also you hardly have to use any to fully get your makeup off so it will for sure last you a while.
Brooke V.
Brooke V.
I have been using this product for almost 2 weeks now and it is one of the best skin care purchases I have ever made. The packaging for this line is a beautiful lavender and the price at my Ulta is $29 which is an excellent value. This is gentle on my sensitive and easily irritated skin. It takes off my makeup beautifully, there is no scent as far as I can smell, and my face feels soft and replenished after using this balm. I highly recommend this amazing product to friends, family, and everyone who likes to pamper themselves and get off every speck of makeup in a gentle and nourishing way.
Shelby D.
Shelby D.
Warren, MI
Be careful around your eye area; this can sting a little bit if it gets in your eyes! That said, I absolutely love Clinique's Take the Day Off line, and this product by far is the best from that line. You don't need ridiculous amounts of product to remove your makeup, and after you've rinsed with warm water, your face feels very clean from the top-down. It's also quite fun to watch your makeup melt off of your face. I recommended it to my sister, whose skin is more oily than mine, and she also really liked this product. I will for sure continue to recommend it to more people in the future!
Rachel B.
Rachel B.
Saint Clair, MO
This product is an amazing makeup remover; it removes makeup with almost no hassle. It starts out as a balm that turns into an oil. It doesn’t have any scent or fragrance, which my sensitive skin loves and it does not bother my eyes (which are very sensitive) and does an amazing job at removing my waterproof eye makeup. I think this product is really great for dry skin, it has never over dried my skin but the product claims it is good for any skin type. I think it is a little pricey at $29.00 but this product has lasted me for quite a while and I’m not even close to being out.
Natalie P.
Natalie P.
Does this remove waterproof mascara well??
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
La Jolla, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this sting your eyes?
Kristen R.
Kristen R.
Bay Shore, NY
I have been looking for an amazing makeup remover, I heard good things about this one but has anyone used this? Does it work as well as everyone claims
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product really work as great as it says?
Carolina K.
Carolina K.
Fort Saskatchewan , AB
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would this be fine with my oily skin?