BY CLINIQUE #1 in Facial Cleansers

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A transformational, lightweight makeup remover that goes from balm to oil to milk to melt away every trace of eye and face makeup and sunscreen. Solutions for:- DrynessIf you want to know more…This makeup remover effortlessly dissolves even the most tenacious makeup and sunscreen. Its non-greasy, non-drying, lightweight formula nourishes skin, cleanses thoroughly, and rinses off completely, so all that's left is a fresh, dewy glow. It is formulated Without: - Parabens This product is allergy and ophthalmologist tested, non-acnegenic, appropriate for contact lens wearers, and 100 percent fragrance-free. see more...

• I'm really wanting to try this after seeing a video review on it....3 Answers
  • Could I use this instead of a face wash or would I use it before ...10 Answers
  • Does this remove waterproof mascara well??29 Answers
Jessica S.
Helena, AL
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm GOD SENT! I don't remember ever having a cleanser I've been in love with UNTIL NOW! This stuff is worth every bit of money! Especially taken off with  Yes To Cotton Eye Makeup Remover Pads . Honestly, For the amount you get and how gentle, no to mention, SO EFFECTIVE I'm surprised it's no more expensive. I bought the little take the day off first to see if I'd like it because I kept looking for a good makeup remover for someone that is ALWAYS in full glam, it's hard to find a remover and cleanser that takes the makeup off and doesn't dry your face. While I though I was just getting a great makeup remover I also got an incredible skincare product for my complexion. This, being more of an oily cleanser, it hydrates (but isn't a bad thin for my oily skin beauties) and "takes off the day" (even waterproof makeup) immaculately. I could not believe how good and clear my skin looked after I used it. I will never not have this remover! It is a definite staple! 1000000000/5 stars! Recommend 110%
Katie R.
Sanford, FL
Clinique is one of my favorite skincare brands and I've used the  Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover liquid for a long time but this balm definitely trumps it! I bought the larger 4.2 oz one a couple months ago and I have barely put a dent in it... a little goes a long way! I rub the balm all over my face, eyes and lips included, and I have found it just melts away whatever I'm wearing. Even stubborn waterproof (does require a little extra rubbing or balm)! I do recommend, especially if you have sensitive skin to use  Neutrogena® Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes r Aveeno® Ultra-calming Makeup Removing Wipes to wipe away the excess. Not because the Clinique balm doesn't work but just because the consistency left on the skin could cause breakouts if not completely removed, thus the reason I deducted a star. Otherwise, this product is a game changer!
Jessica B.
I love this. It's hands down the best facial make up remover i've ever used.. and I've used a lot. I just use a little (the travel size was good for maybe two weeks or so uses). Rub it between your fingers to dissolve it, rub it into your face, and then I use a damp cloth to wipe it off. ALL of my makeup easily comes off with it. My one con for it is that it isn't good for eyelids. If i use it on my lids then the balm gets in my eyes a little.. which is not good. I used it on my eyelids (just a little amount) the first time I used the product and it got into my eyes clouding my vision. It covered my eye balls in a film that I had to rinse out with saline solution. I still love it so much on my face that I still use it though, I just take care not to get it too close to my eyes.
Jennifer A.
Lake Forest, CA
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before now. This has been my holy-grail for years. I keep going off and trying other things because, yeah maybe $29.50 is too expensive to spend on my makeup remover and maybe it's a bit too utilitarian or maybe I want something a bit more special with a nice scent that's more ritual-like as part of my routine, but I always come back to this because it's just that good. It's my tried and true.

Of course, I am proponent of the double-cleanse PM routine. I can't say how you will like this if you aren't, but I don't think it would make your skin upset. And I don't find it removes eye makeup completely if you don't use a cloth (or if you don't use a cloth you would have to rub way too hard on the delicate eye area in my opinion). I use super soft microfiber cloths that you can get on Amazon or in bulk (see Tarababyz YouTube for the site) to remove the balm with warm water and it gets every bit of makeup off. I use less than a pea-size amount for a full face of makeup. It's so environmentally friendly - no wipes or cotton pads. The tub is way more travel friendly than taking a cleansing oil that might leak in your suitcase.

I do use a bi-phase remover and a cotton pad if I use waterproof mascara or eyelash glue, but that's rare for me.

There's no scent or irritating ingredients. It's not greasy or oily and doesn't leave a residue on the skin. It emulsifies easily and rinses off cleanly. It doesn't break me out. It comes in a travel size. Pretty much the perfect makeup remover.
Emma M.
This is by far my favorite way to remove my makeup. It gets the job done. It Removes my makeup better than any of the other cleansers that I have tried. Not only that, but it doesn't dry out my skin or leave it feeling as if all my natural oils are stripped away. And it doesn't break out my sensitive skin. It's fantastic!

The only thing I will say is you have to make sure that you remove it completely. I have never had any breakouts from it, but I can only guess if you don't remove it completely that you will get breakouts. Some people say to double cleanse, but I don't. I just rinse off my face with water and make sure that it is all the way removed. Since, I started to use this product, my skin has looked much better. I will be repurchasing this when I run out.
Avery C.
Austin atx
omg all the big youtubers use this product it makes me so happy that  i found this and i can reveiw it this really takes off alll the makeup and i have always love clinique products but once they came out with this i feel in love and they have been nothing but such nice reveiws on this  i know that patrick star uses this the makeup youtuber and skin skin is the best skin i have every seen sense he was younger and i put on heave makeup so for this to just wipe all of it away when only useing very lil of the product i think that it's amazing and i wanna know how much it is because i never really ever loooked at the price and i wanna get my friends it to so hopefully it is very  reasonable price but i mean hey it is such a good product it is to die for
Holly K.
This makeup remover worked great at effectively taking off makeup and leaving my skin feeling clean. It has a balmy moussey texture that is easy to work with. I always double cleanse with a second cleanser after using any kind of oils or balm cleansers. My skin is normal to dry and it didn't leave me feeling greasy or stripped. I tried this product as a Sephora point perk. The only thing that would keep me from purchasing is I'm pretty sure it broke me out in acne. The ethihexyl (sp?) palmitate ingredient derived from coconut can cause acne in acne prone people. Ever since reading that I'm skeptical of products with that ingredient. I would probably try again if it were offered as a point perk but wouldn't purchase a full size.
Peyton L.
Virginia Bch, VA
I cannot get enough of this. A few days ago, I just ran out and am so heart broken because this made the process of taking off makeup 100000x easier. It’s so gentle on the eyes, which is very important to me. Using this before using micellar water on a cotton round to remove everything else is amazing. I noticed when just using micellar water, I was a lot more harsh in removing the makeup, spent more time taking it off, and used A LOT of product, so this balm made my life so much easier and better. One con is that when using it on the eyes, it will get in the eyes, making things blurry for a short period. Nonetheless, nothing took of makeup as easily and amazingly as this balm did. Well worth the $30.
Merima M.
Lawrenceville, GA
The BEST makeup remover! It really does live up to the hype. The $30 dollar jar will last you foreverrrrr since you only need a bit more than a pea-sized amount to clean your face. Usually I use this then follow up with a second cleanser, but if I'm feeling super lazy I'll just use this- I think it does a good enough job on its own. Make sure to rub it between your hands and get it oily before using it. Only downside is that sometimes the oil gets into your eyes and makes your vision cloudy, but just make sure to wipe using a wash cloth then wash off the remainder and you should be good. It's so satisfying rubbing this into your face and watching your makeup disappear.
Yvette W.
I got a sample of this with my foundation. It's good for taking off makeup. I like the feeling of it. It has a silky feeling to it. I use my fingers to massage it into my skin to remove dirt and makeup. I then rinse with warm water and pat dry my face. I was impressed with how my skin felt afterwards! A Clinique employee recommended this to me, but I wanted to try it out before spending money on it. I'm so glad that I got the sample with my foundation. I will be buying the regular size from now on. I'm fond of other products such as the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and the Moisture Surge. I think if you haven't tried it it, you should. You'll be glad you did!
Natalie P.
Does this remove waterproof mascara well??
Jessica P.
La Jolla, CA
Does this sting your eyes?
Kristen R.
Bay Shore, NY
I have been looking for an amazing makeup remover, I heard good things about this one but has anyone used this? Does it work as well as everyone claims
Jessica H.
The village , OK
Does this product really work as great as it says?
Sophie P.
Dawlish
Could I use this instead of a face wash or would I use it before I used my face wash?