BY CLINIQUE

Benefits: Balances Skin, Controls Oil

Skin Types: 1, 2, 3

The smart makeup. Liquid foundation with adjustable, oil-free coverage provides moisture and absorbs oil when and where needed. Silky upon application.

How to Use:

• Apply after using your 3-Step Skin Care System
  • Start in center of face and blend outward with Foundation Brush or fingertips. Blend evenly for smooth, natural-looking coverage
  • For a seamless look, dampen fingertips and blend edges, especially along jawline
  • Remove with your favourite Clinique makeup remover

• Is this foundation good for dry, sensitive skin? I want to try it...6 Answers
  • I can't find where to do the #mymakeupbag so I guess I'll do it h...1 Answers
  • Is this foundation full coverage? 10 Answers
Clinique Superbalanced™ Makeup Liquid Foundation
  • "I'm in love with this product , this foundation does what is suppose to do.this smart makeup is designed combination skin by adding mouisture to dry areas and absorbing oil to oily areas" in 5 reviews
Hannah S.
Round Rock, TX
Review for: Porcelain Beige more...
I wanted to like this foundation so much. I’ve always really liked Clinique and their products, their blushes are my favorite, but my face hated this foundation. My skin is far from perfect, my forehead is dry, the areas around my nose are greasy and I have rosacea on my cheeks and a little on my chin and forehead. I went to Ulta looking for a new foundation that wouldn’t leave me greasy, but also wouldn’t dry me out.

The Ulta girl introduced me to the Clinique rep and we tried it on. It looked like it matched color wise so I bought it, but when I got home I started to notice how cakey/ powdery my skin looked. It was like every pore looked enhanced and ever dry patch was put on display. Chalking it up to dry skin the next day I put on my tinted moisturizer, some moisturizing primer and then the foundation. Same result, except my nose area looked like an oil slick and my chin was flaking.

My chin never flakes.

I tried it for a few more days, changing what I was wearing underneath or what I put on top, but nothing help. My skin felt so tight and dry that it was painful. It was far more red than normal and my chin was disgusting. Small pimples, a giant painful under the skin pimple and a ton of flaking that made it look like I’d been eating croissants and had crumbs on my chin from them.

I returned the foundation back to Ulta yesterday and went with another brand. I also had to buy an exfoliator just to help remove the flaking dead skin.

Probably a great product for some, if not most, but definitely not for me.

The first 3 photos attached to this review are of how my skin looked with the makeup, not long after it had been applied in the morning. The last photo is of how red my skin is today, one day after discontinuing use of the product. I know I said I have rosacea but it’s never this bad or painful.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Nude Beige more...
I really hate giving three stars as I feel that it doesn't tell you if something is good or bad but I feel like if anything ever was 3 stars it would be this.
I really loved the idea behind this foundation and I received a good sized sample of it. More like a mini bottle. So I've used it quite a few times.
Let me premise this by saying i have a lot of redness, large pores, blemishes and scars from adult acne and I'm extremely oily. So oily that one hour and every hour after I wash my face I can fill up 3 to 4 large blotting sheets completely.
I don't expect or want my foundation to be like a concealer or a mask because it would look too fake and I use concealer for the really bad areas so I can use a medium coverage foundation on all of my skin and look a bit natural.
But as a foundation I did expect it to cover something and it really didn't. My Dr jarts and it cosmetics cc and BB creams cover more than this stuff does. I tried layering it on my nose where I have the most redness and nothing.
It also has a super weird consistency both coming out of the bottle and on the face. Coming out of the bottle it's super thin and watery. It's almost unusable. You have to be very careful because there's no dispenser that controls the amount of product that comes out. It's just a hole you dump it out of and it comes fast.
Then on the face it spreads out a lot and super thinly since it is so watery so that's probably why it looks like there's really no coverage. I would definitely call this sheer coverage just to put a name on it. It has an almost powdery or rubbery feel to it when you touch your face.
I also noticed that for me there wasn't much oil control or skin benefits if any at all.
It smelled kind of good on the face for a while. It's like that feminine sunscreen smell. Some may not like that because I can smell it on my skin and nose for a good hour or so until it melts off my skin which is pretty quickly.
Overall maybe using this as a tinted sunscreen would work or maybe if you're lightly oily and have pretty great skin and just want to even you're perfection out. But for the majority of us who actually need a foundation that covers at least somewhat I suggest you keep looking.
gg n.
Review for: Neutral more...
I live this foundation so much this is another one of those natural look that it will give you for one of those day you get up of bed you are are like what ever and you look great natural looking like I said no smell that it has it is thin foundation but it good you can get this a ulta the people their will help you look for the right color but they only have a little bit of shades because they are take ing it off the clique I guess because people are not buying it and they are getting the one that is 2 in 1 foundation + concealer that is also very good works like this one and I would say that one is better then this one recommend 🤗🤗.
Jessica G.
Findlay, OH
This is not bad! I am digging this. It’s a good foundation that covers well. It’s medium coverage, but you can add another layer for fuller coverage. The only downside is the formula is a little heavy. That’s ok though. It stays put with a good setting spray. It is easy to blend in when I have to use a concealer to contour. It’s the foundation I’m wearing in the pic on the right.
Shasha S.
Review for: Superbalanced MakeUp - No. 08 Porcelain Beige by Clinique more...
I loveeee this product. Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.I love this top most brand.This  is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.I bought this from walmart store and it is also available in other stores like Fred Meyer,target,walgreens many.......It gives soft texture on skin. I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.Its better to search for offers before buying.Have different shades of color for different skin tones.I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.I am kinda shopholic ;) so love to buy and try different products ,brands and shades.It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.It has smooth  texture.I would definitely buy More n more n more...I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
Leah T.
Review for: Vanilla more...
I received a sample of this product when I made a purchase from Clinique online. I have dry skin so this formula is not for me and the color isn't quite right for me either. With that being said though, I found the coverage to be splotchy after about 8 hours. This foundation and does a great job of keeping a matte finish to your skin. If this was my shade, I would probably buy this if I had combination skin.
Kiara B.
Fishers, IN
Review for: Other more...
I bought this foundation from Sephora shade Silk Almond. The formula is somewhat greasy which doesn't mix well with my oily T-zone.  I feel like my face became oiler throughout the day while wearing this foundation. I used Sephora Color IQ to find the shade which matched perfectly. I paid $26 for this foundation so I think the price is fair.
Abbey T.
Anchorage
This Clinique superbalanced foundation is the best foundation I've used! I use the color 01 silk porcelain. Even though I use a very light color of this foundation I still have to mix it with my Clinique redness solution protective base (primer) to get a lighter color because I am very pale. But other than that it it a great foundation! It has good coverage and applies smoothly. It is very light on my face but still good coverage. It does not look caked on like other foundations do. In the second picture you can see the redness and blemishes on my face but in the third picture I have the makeup on and it makes a big difference! This foundation works wonders! I love that it is allergy tested! It is overall a great Clinique product!
Chassidy R.
Florence, SC
Review for: Ivory more...
Like all Clinique foundations I’ve tried this one is gorgeous. Provides a lovely coverage and works great on my oily skin. If the color wouldn’t oxidize I would swear I found the perfect foundation. The price is wonderful considering you’re getting a high end foundation for $25. It’s definitely worth getting a sample and trying for yourself!
Krista L.
Wilmington, NC
Review for: Nude Beige more...
I used this foundation in high school along with my 3 step acne cleansing routine. I got color matched and had a mini makeover done. Even after telling them I had oily skin and was acne prone this is the foundation they said would work best for me. However after about two hours of application, I was super oily to the point I would soak up two blotting papers. I had to pack on the powder just to get a very temporary matte finish. I would not recommend this for oily skin!
Courtney V.
Pearl City, HI
Is this foundation full coverage?
Alex R.
San Antonio, TX
Is this foundation good for dry, sensitive skin? I want to try it out. ☺️
Cecilia A.
Lovington, NM
Does this makeup look very natural?
Zoe V.
Washington, IL
So my issue is that I'm extremely pale which makes it difficult for me to find foundations. I was recently color matched by the Clinique lady at Ulta for this foundation and I was like oh spoiler alert I'm gonna need the lightest shade available. But, the lady insisted that I was actually a match with the second lightest shade (shell) due to my more neutral undertones. In store I was like ok yeah that looks good! But the next day when I was outside I realized how orange I looked. I love everything else about the foundation so I was wondering if you think the lightest shade (porcelain) would be a better fit or be too pink? ...or even if anyone has suggestions for a another foundation that comes in an extremely light shade.
Jalissa R.
So I bought this foundation and I'm not 100% sure if it's for me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not applying it right or what. So my question is, how much of this product are you suppose to use to cover your whole face?