BY CLINIQUE

Benefits: Controls Oil

Skin Types: 2, 3, 4

Tested for streaking and fading at 88°F with a constant 80% humidity, all to prove Stay-Matte stays fresh. At the same time, this patent-pending formula absorbs shine, controls oil, resists sweat. And you stay matte all day.

How to Use:

• Apply after using your 3-Step Skin Care System
  • Start in center of face and blend outward with Foundation Brush or fingertips
  • Blend evenly for smooth, natural-looking coverage. For a seamless look, dampen fingertips and blend edges, especially along jawline
  • Remove with your favourite Clinique makeup remover

Reviews (1961)
Mackenzie P.
Personally this is my favorite foundation. I agree with some of the other reviewers that this foundation isn't full coverage but that is fine with me. I find that matte foundations usually feel heavy and look cakey on my face but that isn't the case with this one. This foundation is only $27 at Ulta which is not bad compared to other higher end brands. The reason why I am not giving this a full five stars is because the shade range isn't the best. This foundation has many shades for fair, light, and medium skin tones but there aren't as many choices if you have a darker skin tone.
Jay R.
No! No! No! The darkest shade is red and it's not even that dark of a shade. Like why does Clinique keep playing us? Like the formula was oily (to be oil free that's not a good start), didn't claim to be matte so I wasn't expecting a miracle but it didn't even start off without slicking off face. If I had a choice between this and the 2-in-1 foundation they carry I would choose the 2-in-1 but definitely not for the shade range. If you're darker than me don't waste your money. If you're oily combo or oily skin don't waste your money. Just don't waste your money whoever you are on this product.
Angelina G.
chicago
Everyone underestimates Clinique as being products for mature skin but they’re wrong. This foundation works well on all skin types as I used this on clients at work. It leaves a nice soft matte finish with holding up through out the day. It’s medium to buildable coverage, smooths our skin texture and helps control oil for those who struggle with oilyness or combination skin. Would try this out for only $26 which is a good deal for 1oz foundation.
Alecia B.
Strattanville , PA
Review for: Neutral more...
Absolutely in love with this foundation and I have tried them all. Trust me when I say that !! I do have oily skin and some acne scarring I like to cover! This feels so light weight and glides on your skin like a dream! It keeps the oil away all day and my skin looks flawless! Yes sometimes we think that the more expensive foundations Work Best but this beats any higher priced one I’ve tried yet!
🌹 A.
Barbourville
It was just not the foundation for me. I found out with some skin tones like mine (light), that despite the shade being your color, you can turn oragne because it oxidizes. Also this foundation on me always look patchy and blouchy, and frankly just sweat off, even when I wore setting power and/or setting spray.

Despite my bad experience with it, my mom (with a tan complexion) really likes this product. It's just the product was not for me.
Maggie 💛.
Portland
Review for: CLINIQUE Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup more...
I still love Clinique and they do make some amazing products. That being said, this is not one of my all time favorites. I don't ever use this foundation without mixing it with my Too Faced Peach Perfect foundation and that's because of the consistency of the product. No matter what I apply it with or what I apply it over, I just cant get a smooth coverage that stays in place throughout the day. The colors oxidize a little strange and I am not a fan of the overall feeling a couple hours into wearing it. I still gave it 4 stars because when I mix the product I get the exact color and consistency that I am looking for also, to add a little more coverage. I would only give a foundation a 5 if I could use it successfully time and time again by itself.
toasty b.
Chatsworth
The coverage isn’t amazing with this and neither is the shade range. But it’s also not the worst foundation I’ve tried. I used Clinique foundation for years before switching to Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation because it seemed to be the only foundation that didn’t break me out, but it really didn’t work for me.
Amanda V.
Beckley, WV
LOVE! I have been using this foundation for a little over 2 years now and i absolutely love it. I have extremely oily skin and i also really struggled with acne in the past. This foundation has actually helped to clear my skin and lasts all day! I highly recommend this foundation if you struggle with oily skin and acne. I won’t use anything else!
Emily S.
Birmingham
It's a good medium-coverage foundation. I think this Clinique foundation is great if your looking for something simple. It's easy to apply and looks good on its own, even without primers and setting sprays/powders. It was the first foundation I used and I think it's a great product for someone who is just beginning to get into using makeup.
Sammy G.
United States
This one the first foundation I've ever used and at the time I thought it was great. But now I've began to notice it doesn't provide the most coverage which is nice, but also doesn't keep the oil on my face at bay. So you'll definitely need to pack some blot sheets and powder when using this product. Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Is it worth the price in your opinion?
Dalal A.
Kuwait City
Does this foundation cover acne scars? And is it full coverage?
Jennifer S.
Sallisaw, OK
I am looking for a foundation that gives full coverage. I have lots of acne scars. If anyone has any suggestions for a great foundation I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
Does this foundation create a healthy, natural look?
Christina T.
Cypress, TX
How long from the time this product is purchased, how long does it take to get through the whole bottle?