BY CLINIQUE #99 in Liquid Foundation

Benefits: Controls Oil

Skin Types: 2, 3, 4

Tested for streaking and fading at 88°F with a constant 80% humidity, all to prove Stay-Matte stays fresh. At the same time, this patent-pending formula absorbs shine, controls oil, resists sweat. And you stay matte all day.

How to Use:

• Apply after using your 3-Step Skin Care System
  • Start in center of face and blend outward with Foundation Brush or fingertips
  • Blend evenly for smooth, natural-looking coverage. For a seamless look, dampen fingertips and blend edges, especially along jawline
  • Remove with your favourite Clinique makeup remover

Emily M.
Review for: Alabaster more...
Firstly, shade 2 (Alabaster) is lighter than shade 1 (Linen) and neither are light enough for my skin tone.
Other than that obvious issue, the formula is pretty dry (in terms of a liquid foundation) so it takes a lot of product to cover my whole face. However the dryness of the formula makes it great for oily skin. I tend to sweat a lot on my forehead, so it’s important to me that when a foundation breaks up throughout the day, it doesn’t look crazy and gross. This one wears pretty good, I’m happy with it. I’ve repurchased even though they don’t have a shade light enough for me - I tone it down with a very light powder.
Ashlee P.
Review for: Golden Neutral more...
I always turn to Clinique for all of my foundation and I just recently switched to this variety because it is great for my oily skin. My only complaint about this product is that it doesn’t provide maximum coverage as I had hoped. The oil control last mostly throughout the day but towards the end still leaves my face feeling kind of oily, if you apply finishing powder throughout the day this goes away.
Sade S.
I'm not a big fan of Clinique to begin with and this foundation just proved to me again why I'm not a fan. This foundation feels heavy on the face, very masking like. The color range is very poor in my opinion. The formula is more like a satin finish which I don't mind but I found myself being oily an hour after application. I wouldn't recommend this foundation at all. One of the reason why I gave it 2 stars is because I've had worse and this is just a step above that.
Alecia B.
Strattanville , PA
Review for: Neutral more...
Absolutely in love with this foundation and I have tried them all. Trust me when I say that !! I do have oily skin and some acne scarring I like to cover! This feels so light weight and glides on your skin like a dream! It keeps the oil away all day and my skin looks flawless! Yes sometimes we think that the more expensive foundations Work Best but this beats any higher priced one I’ve tried yet!
Judith M.
Sherman Oaks
I totally love this product, easy to apply, light, and looks natural on you. This is my number one liquid foundation, very affordable. I usually mix it with a liquid illuminator to give my skin some extra light. I have been using this liquid foundation since 3 years ago and I don’t regret it. Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup
Amanda V.
Beckley, WV
LOVE! I have been using this foundation for a little over 2 years now and i absolutely love it. I have extremely oily skin and i also really struggled with acne in the past. This foundation has actually helped to clear my skin and lasts all day! I highly recommend this foundation if you struggle with oily skin and acne. I won’t use anything else!
Keli E.
SANDY HOOK
Review for: Alabaster more...
I love the price of this product and coverage. I sometimes find it hard to use when my skin is more dry in the winter time. I use primer and moisturizer beforehand. This color is a great for my fair skin. I was used to using estee lauder double wear. This isn't quite as thick of a coverage but close.
Amanda M.
Auburn, AL
A great foundation but a little pricey for my taste. It covers great, super easy to apply, super easy to blend, and it lasts most of the day. I just wish it weren’t so expensive because I feel it doesn’t last as long as some of the less expensive brands so I would have to purchase this more often.
Brittany B.
I havent used this in a long time but i had heard so much about it i had to try it and i have a hard time finding my right shade and this ones shade i tried suited my skin tone. I have oily skin but this didnt completely keep the oil at bay. I think it was 27 with tax included at my local belk.
Lyndsay W.
Doylestown, OH
Review for: Ivory more...
This foundation wasn’t as full coverage as I usually like. And didn’t stay on my face as long as I hoped either. But it stayed matte, which is good. The packaging made it easy to get all of the foundation out. Maybe if I wanted a lighter coverage foundation this is something I would go for!
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Is it worth the price in your opinion?
Dalal A.
Kuwait City
Does this foundation cover acne scars? And is it full coverage?
Jessica H.
The village , OK
Does this foundation create a healthy, natural look?
Jennifer S.
Sallisaw, OK
I am looking for a foundation that gives full coverage. I have lots of acne scars. If anyone has any suggestions for a great foundation I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much
Alicia B.
Brooklyn Park, MN
Will this cover up blemishes?