20 colors available

BY CLINIQUE #63 in Liquid Foundation

An oil-free makeup that helps you stay matte all day. This patent-pending formula absorbs shine, controls oil, and resists sweat. Research results:This formula has been tested for streaking and fading at 88°F with a constant 80% humidity.

• I really like this foundation says oil free but I'm still breakin...3 Answers
  • Would this foundation be good to wear during the Fall/Winter season...2 Answers
  • I am looking for a foundation that gives full coverage. I have lots...9 Answers
Tony C.
Tony C.
I originally used the Estee Lauder Double Wear. That somewhat lasted awhile but I just couldn't justify the price because for some reason it broke me out in cystic acne. That, and it oxidized every time I wore it, so I wanted to try the Clinique Stay Matte out and I'm enjoying it. I think the fact that its one of the cheaper foundations at Sephora makes me happy. As for how it performs, I find that it might last longer depending on what primer and setting powder you use. The longest I've had it on before seeing shine was about 5-6 hours, which is a long time considering very oily. I'm still figuring out the primer that works best, but I do set it with the Make Up For Ever Duo Mat powder foundation.

One thing to note is that the Clinique Stay Matte does oxidize on me at times(but I don't look super orange) which is why I took a star off. I'm giving it 4 stars because it performs similar to the Estee Lauder Double Wear, just without the breakouts and horrifying oxidization.
the a.
the a.
Washington, DC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Old review below...just adding pics cuz I still love old faithful ❤️🎨

I'm onto my third bottle of this foundation [bought at Sephora]! I don't know why I've been in denial about something that works...youtube beauty bloggers have a way of keeping oily skinned deep complexioned gals hooked on the pursuit of the newest holy grail.

I have never NOT gotten a compliment when wearing this foundation in Sienna (THE darkest) and I don't know why I've felt pressure to buy more expensive foundations that haven't necessarily turned out better FOR ME. I love this foundation and the squeeze tube is user friendly and no mess, slim enough not to take up space and the price is right.

Clinique does skin well and they got the color perfect with this one. I have deep to dark skin with olivy neutral undertones. Very oily skin, but NOT acne prone.
Allison B.
Allison B.
If you have oily skin and are looking for a naturally looking foundation that doesn't melt off your face by lunch, then this is the right foundation for you! As a girl with skin as oily ad it gets I can tell you how awesome this foundation works! I have literally gotten compliments every day I've worn it on how amazing my skin looks. My skin still looks smooth and matte by the end of the day, and I don't even have to put a primer on to keep it like that. With other foundations, I'd find myself having to dab at my face every hour or so, but with this foundation that is not the case! Ad great as it is, I have been experiencing some breaking out. However, I've just switched my facial cleanser and gotten new acne medication, so it may only be that and have nothing to do with the makeup. Either way, I'm happy with the product.
Nickii M.
Nickii M.
I do enjoy this foundation quite a lot. Compared to other high end foundations it is reasonably priced at $23. I love that the packaging is a squeeze tube so you can choose how much you'd like to apply. Personally I use a pea size amount and it's just enough. It blends it very nicely with a flat top foundation brush.
The reason for 4 stars is that if you use too much it is definitely cakey. I counteract that by using less mattifying primer and less foundation. The coverage is still nice even though I'm using less. The other reason for 4 stars is that the foundation claims to keep you shine free "all day" I disagree. I work 9 hour days and by the end of the day I am oily on my chin and T-zone BUT it's not nearly as bad as with other foundations. I don't have combo skin, but I'm not super super oily. Hope this helps!
Mikayla C.
Mikayla C.
Whitewater, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this foundation! It really does a good job of staying matte. I have combo/oily skin and my skin stays looking good all day. It is pretty lightweight and never looks cakey. Only reason I am giving it four stars is because there isn't many options for shade range. I am pale and I use alabaster (which is the second shade because the first is too yellow tones for me) and it is slightly too dark. But it's a good price for good quality foundation so I use it anyway and just make sure to blend into my neck and my concealer is lighter than my skin tone anyway so my face is bright where it needs to be. Nobody has said anything but it bothers me and would be easier if they had more selection.
Roxanne R.
Roxanne R.
Review for: 11 Honey
I really wanted to love this. I've heard SO many people claim that this did wonders for their oily skin, and kept them matte all day. I don't know if it's just me, but Clinique foundations always emphasize my pores! I don't even have crazy large pores, but this foundation as well as the "Beyond Perfecting" both made my pores look terrible (even with the primers I always count on). This foundation also gave me a very splotchy look on my face, and tends to be a hard foundation to layer bronzer and blush on top of. By the end of my day after wearing this, it looked extremely oily and patchy. It claims to stand against heat, sweat and humidity, but I found that it did not perform well at all.
Lyzette P.
Lyzette P.
I'm actually extremely obsessed with this foundation. I have really oily skin so basically any foundation I use it going to eventually make me look like I'm sweating paint out of my pores by the end of the day, but not this foundation. No, ma'am. I primed my skin, painted my face, set it, and I was good to go for 10 hours. I looked flawless from start to finish. It's very buildable. Definitely full coverage and definitely worth the investment if you're looking for something that has the possibility of making you look like a wrinkle free t-shirt. Definitely be sure to set it with powder and with a setting spray because no party, date, or natural disaster is worth ruining your artwork.
Tiffany O.
Tiffany O.
Which picking a new foundation I like to start with Clinique because they are skincare first and foremost. I had been using the Beyond Perfecting Foundation but heading into summer it seemed to begin losing its staying power so I after a chat with the woman at the counter, and her telling me that a friend had used this and had wonderful staying power all day in Miami, I thought surely it would last in South Central Texas....uh no. This shows every pore and flakes near dry areas and is gone by about noon, and I don't work outside I work at a desk in the air conditioning. It's interesting that the package says it's recommended for dry to combo skin clearly not the case.
Lisa O.
Lisa O.
Rocky Top, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been searching for a new liquid foundation because my age is catching up with me and mineral powder is no longer my friend! I have found it!! Thanks to #Clinique! I used Clinique in the past, when I was younger, so I knew the quality of the brand. After 3 children and now 3 grandchildren, I seemed to have forgotten how important skin care is. I'm back on track starting with this!!! #NewYearNewMe
I have oily skin ànd while working full time and on the phone the majority of the day my foundation would need touch ups. This makeup stays and I now don't stress about the shine! I use this in combination with the pressed powder and I'm good to go!!
Regina C.
Regina C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have acne prone, oily skin, with a few dry patches. I also have redness and uneven skin tones throughout my face.
I bought this foundation at Sephora for $24, which is a pretty good price for a drugstore foundation. It has 1 oz like most typical foundations. They had many different undertones and had shades for everybody! I loved how matte it kept my face without making it look flat and it didn't break me out as well. It is medium coverage but can definitely build up to look full coverage. Love this foundation and would definitely repurchase again.
If you have a Sephora by you, you should ask for a sample and try it out!
Christine T.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Is it worth the price in your opinion?
Dalal A.
Dalal A.
Kuwait City
Does this foundation cover acne scars? And is it full coverage?
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
The village, OK
Does this foundation create a healthy, natural look?
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Sallisaw, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am looking for a foundation that gives full coverage. I have lots of acne scars. If anyone has any suggestions for a great foundation I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much
Christina C.
Christina C.
Cypress , TX
How long from the time this product is purchased, how long does it take to get through the whole bottle?