BY CLINIQUE

Skin Types: All

Oil-free moisturizer instantly refreshes and delivers all-day hydration. Thanks to HydroRush moisture barrier technology, moisture barrier is more prepared to resist outside stressors and aggressors. Gives skin a healthy-looking glow and UV protection against the sun’s aging rays. Wear it alone, or under foundation as a prep for makeup.

Clinique Pep-Start™ HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20
  • "I LOOOVE this moisturizer. Before this one, I used the moisture surge and it just wasn't moisturizing enough. Now I use this one, and my skin looks healthy all day long. Definitely a winner!" in 7 reviews
  • "Amazing product , works really well on sensitive skin , little heavy but I still love it , would recommend , bought in Debenhams uk , love Clinique packaging always looks very professional little bit lighter formula would be better" in 6 reviews
  • "I love this product, I have very dry skin and I discovered this recently, I am so happy to have discovered this and if you are like me that is very concerned about dry skin this is the product for you it keeps my skin moisturized " in 5 reviews
Nicole B.
I’m always drawn to packaging when it comes to new beauty products. What stands out about the pep start line, is that everything is brightly colored and reasonably priced to fit into your budget. The SPF moisturizer is something I was looking for. It doesn’t have a horribly bad sunscreen smell and it manages to fade after applying. Just be sure it has time to absorb before any makeup goes on over it!
Keri D.
I received a deluxe sample of this in a Sephora Play box. I do like that it is SPF 20 and I didn’t have any problems with new product breakouts. It wasn’t super moisturizing, but my face didn’t ever feel dry. For reference, my skin is normal to combination (on the oilier side). My only gripe is the texture. It is a cream on the thick and greasy end of the moisturizer spectrum, and felt like it took forever to sink in enough to continue on with any makeup. I typically wear powder and found it kind of stuck to the places where the moisturizer hadn’t sunk in fully; under liquid I didn’t notice any differences. I much prefer SPF in a lotion (rather than a cream), but someone with drier skin might prefer this
Adri K.
I like this one as a to go moisturizer. I put it in my purse and apply as the day goes on during the cold months. Sometimes my skin still feels dry probably due to lack on water in my life which I'm working on. It is light weight which is nice for some but I usually prefer my moisturizer to be a little thick. Clinique Pep-Start™ HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20
Ashlyn A.
I used this almost every day under my eyes. The smaller size had a super nice applicator, and since you're just doing under your eyes, it takes forever to go through. I would totally recommend this to people who are night owls and have dark circles or even just want to look more awake in the morning.
Caitlin N.
Ashland, KY
Purchased at: Sephora
This is a great daily moisturizer that contains SPF. It's great for all skin types and doesnt leave that white cast that spf usually leaves. It does have a noticeable sunscreen smell but goes away quickly. Plus cliniques products are almost always non-acnegenic
Katelyn B.
Beaumont , CA
This moisturizer is great for keeping your skin bright and hydrated without feeling greasy/oily. Over the course of 2 weeks, most of my acne scars that once took residence in my forehead were greatly diminished to completely gone. Loved the product, and I would like to note that I have combination to oily skin :-)
Alexa M.
Cottage Grove
I love the prep start from clinique. It is the only product I know use before I do my makeup. I bought mine at ulta and was nervous but definitely was worth the purchase.
Prerana D.
I really like this product!  I've been trying to find a good face moisturizer that doesn't feel heavy or greasy but still had an SPF (which largely seems impossible).  I tried the Clinique Pep-Start™ HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 on a whim, and found that it was great!

I wear it daily, under my makeup (if I feel like putting on makeup that day), and it feels super light on my normal, sometimes dry-feeling skin.  I don't notice more breakouts, like some other SPF products have caused in the past.

A small dab goes a long way in coverage which is great because it's definitely not the cheapest option out there.  I personally find it bothersome that it's in a little jar, instead of a tub or pump, so the cream always gets stuck under your nail when you're trying to scoop a little out.  Minor personal pet peeve, that's obviously not a deal breaker  :)
Amanda D.
Erie, PA
I have very dry skin in the winter and combo to oily in the summer, other seasons I'm more normal. This moisturizer is a fantastic PRIMER. I struggle with large pores and some texture in certain areas and the primers that are good for that kind of stuff is NOT SO GOOD for dry skin, like benefits porefessional, or maybelline baby skin, and then hydrating primers, too faced hangover rx, and loreal hydration, do nothing with my enlarged pores. I wouldn't recommend this product to for moisturizer because I didn't feel it moisturized as well as it primed. It's more like a hydrating pore reducing primer. I would recommend as a primer for dry to normal skin.
Van Averie S.
I like using this as a primer before putting all my make up. It makes my skin a good canvas because I can easily put my foundation and it doesn't make it streaky and blotchy. I like the package it's super cute and very easy to carry and travel friendly. I gave it a three star because sometimes it breaks o it my skin. Maybe it doesn't like the other formula of my makeup.
Nicole B.
Is there that much of a difference between this and the other daily pep start UV moisturizer? I see that the SPF is less, but other than that are there any differences?