BY CLINIQUE

This oil-free moisturizer instantly blurs imperfections while providing all-day hydration. Skin looks naturally perfected with a matte finish. Wear it alone, or under foundation. It's so lightweight you can use it for touch-ups throughout the day. We call it your new favorite filter...the ideal way to give your skin the moisture it needs, and the forgiving 'retouch' that blurs the look of pores and fine dry lines.

How to Use:

• On clean skin for an instant filter and all day hydration
  • As a perfect primer for foundation, tinted moisturizers or powder
  • Throughout the day—over makeup—as needed
  • Avoid eye area

• I know this is meant to be a moisturizer and a primer, bu...4 Answers
  • I have extremely oily skin on my Tzone, is this a good mo...2 Answers
  • Do you think it's worth the price? Does it make your skin...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "Ok so I was given this to try out, and kinda dove in before reading what it did for me first lol! Yes I experienced the pilling....ok so to apply it: Wash and tone/serum Press into the face rather than rub. Apply makeup. It's a hydrating face cream that is also a matte primer. SAY WHAAAT?! If you're very dry, I recommend a hydrating serum under. Super oily, use a mattifying serum, etc. But oily skin does need surface hydration too, which in time, will help reduce overall oil production, as your skin isn't over producing. I've been wearing this for a few weeks now and really find it nice on the skin. It does blur and holds my makeup. " in 64 reviews
  • "I love moisturizers like this! I have oily but dehydrated skin so I need a light layer of moisture that will keep excess shine at bay, especially in the summer. This feels fresh and light and it is a perfect base product to balance everything out. It is a staple for oily skinned people!" in 33 reviews
Nikki P.
Lenexa, KS
I received a sample of this 2 in 1 moisturizer/primer from the checkout counter at Sephora. It really helps to prep my skin for a smooth, completely even and long-lasting foundation application. My favorite thing about it is the airbrushed/blurred finish it gives my skin. My pores appear smaller, my imperfections are blurred and my skin tone is completely even. The lightweight and smooth yet seriously moisturizing texture works. wonders keeping my oily skin under control throughout the entire day. If I start feeling a little oily at the end of the day I apply some and poorf - the oil is gone (like magic). This is one of my favorite moisturizer/primer’s for reducing oily skin that craves hydration. I was completely satisfied with the results and will definitely be purchasing this.
Brooke H.
Dallas, TX
I have been using this moisturizer/primer combo for nearly two years now and I am obsessed. I have combination skin and it leaves both my oily and dry sections perfectly matte and ready for a face of makeup. My makeup glides over so easily on top of this and I can definitely see a difference in the look and feel of my skin if I try to rush and put on makeup before this step.
Jennifer G.
I tried the sample size to see if this was a right fit for me. I have oily skin and therefore tend to get oily throughout the day at work. I gave this a try for a month and I must say I noticed a major difference at my skin. Instead of an oily look at the end of the day, my skin looked dewey and fresh. I love this cream. The consistency is not thick and not watery. It glides smoothly on skin. Highly recommend for my oily skin girls.
Sarah S.
Denver, CO
I was a bit disappointed after receiving a sample of this in a Sephora play box. I usually love all things Clinique, but this moisturizer definitely aggravated my very sensitive skin and I broke out more than normal.
The formula did go on really smoothly and definitely gave the blur effect it claims too! If my skin wasn't so sensitive I'm sure I would have loved it. Alas, I will have to keep looking for a similar product.
Amber R.
St Petersburg, FL
I purchased this because it seemed like a primer/moisturizer in one and I like two-in-one products because they save me time in the morning getting ready. I didn’t like this very much. It was very thick. Felt like a silicone primer. Very silicone-y. If you like those kinds of primers then you might like this. It caused me to breakout. I also feel like it wasn’t that moisturizing. I was gonna try and use it up, but I think I will just give it to my daughter.
Shelby C.
Azusa, CA
This is a very interesting product! First off, I LOVE it! I wouldn’t describe it as a moisturiser because it doesn’t leave my face feeling wet like most moisturisers do. It is almost balmy, but not at all like vaseline. It instantly makes my face matte and SUPER velvety smooth, perfect for foundation application! I’m a returning customer for this product because it is that good! I never get oily from this product.
Anna P.
I got this in a monthly subscription box and I used it for about a month under my makeup. I didn't hate this product, but it was very thick and heavy. I prefer things to be more lightweight. Although I did not like the formula and how I felt on my skin, it did a really good job of keeping my makeup on. However, I think that there are other primers that also work well and the skin-feel did not outweigh that.
Kaitlin D.
Boston
Not sure what to think of this moisturizer yet. I got a sample of this from one of my friends who had received it with one of her purchases. She already found a moisturizer she likes so she gave it to me try out. I’ve been using it for a week now, and I can’t say that I’m rushing out to buy a full bottle of it. So far, it’s very thick and creamy and more of a feel like a primer rather than a moisturizer. I was using it day and night, but because of that I only started to use it in the morning before applying my makeup. I feel like it works well in that instance since it is able to cover pores a bit before putting makeup on. But for night time use, I don’t feel like it’s a moisturizer. I’ll use the rest of it but I will probably find something that I can use both for day and night.
jana r.
Columbia , MO
WOW! Bought to minimize pores, will keep buying forever because it 100% hides my under eye fine lines that won t go away with setting powder! YES! I AM AMAZED FOLKS! I have been on a mission to find myself a nonsurgical method to get rid of those tiny fine lines that seem to pop out more with the concealer I so desperately need but if I put Hydroblur moisturizer under my eyes and then then my concealer... LINES GONE!
Oh, and it definitely mattifys and blurs pores too, I'm just so excited that it does more than I ever imagined.
Hydroblur customer for LIFE!
Lilith C.
Bloomington, IN
I love the month wakeup holy this gives my face, it really doesn't feel like morning without it. It primes my face perfectly for my foundation, but does so with that extra subtle "pep".
I've yet to find a product that is worthy of 5 stars, where I feel like there's a REAL daylong advantage to using it... Until I find it, I'll keep using my Clinique Pep Start
Storm B.
Honea path , SC
Is this better used as a before primer moisturizer or a night cream?
Kelly M.
I just saw the advertisement for this and am curious. How is the consistency and weight on the skin? Is it heavy? I've never used a true primer on my face before make-up application, does this work the same way?
Bre K.
Anyone have any thoughts on this product?
Ryanne D.
Salem, NH
Does this make you breakout?
Jayme Y.
geneseo, NY
Is this like a primer moisturizer??