BY CLINIQUE

This oil-free moisturizer instantly blurs imperfections while providing all-day hydration. Skin looks naturally perfected with a matte finish. Wear it alone, or under foundation. It's so lightweight you can use it for touch-ups throughout the day. We call it your new favorite filter...the ideal way to give your skin the moisture it needs, and the forgiving 'retouch' that blurs the look of pores and fine dry lines.

How to Use:

• On clean skin for an instant filter and all day hydration
  • As a perfect primer for foundation, tinted moisturizers or powder
  • Throughout the day—over makeup—as needed
  • Avoid eye area

• I know this is meant to be a moisturizer and a primer, but would ...4 Answers
  • Is this better used as a before primer moisturizer or a night cre...7 Answers
  • My skin is very acne prone and oily in the T zone so this moistur...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "Ok so I was given this to try out, and kinda dove in before reading what it did for me first lol! Yes I experienced the pilling....ok so to apply it: Wash and tone/serum Press into the face rather than rub. Apply makeup. It's a hydrating face cream that is also a matte primer. SAY WHAAAT?! If you're very dry, I recommend a hydrating serum under. Super oily, use a mattifying serum, etc. But oily skin does need surface hydration too, which in time, will help reduce overall oil production, as your skin isn't over producing. I've been wearing this for a few weeks now and really find it nice on the skin. It does blur and holds my makeup. " in 64 reviews
  • "I love moisturizers like this! I have oily but dehydrated skin so I need a light layer of moisture that will keep excess shine at bay, especially in the summer. This feels fresh and light and it is a perfect base product to balance everything out. It is a staple for oily skinned people!" in 33 reviews
Nka k.
Charleston, SC
I got a a sample of the pep start moisturizer be Clinique a while ago.
So I decided to try it out.
I like the packaging it's so cute.
The consistency of the moisturizer is nice and thick so you really felt like I'm hydrating your skin.
Carissa O.
Usually I use cliniques moisture surge as it’s my favorite and in my opinion the best. I gave this a try because I was out of my m.s. and had this on hand from one of their gift with purchases. It does mattify my skin, and fills in pores and creates a good almost primer type canvas for makeup, but the smell to me is weird, and though it is oil free, it still caused a minor breakout on parts of my face where as with moisture surge I never have that problem.
Sarah S.
Denver, CO
I was a bit disappointed after receiving a sample of this in a Sephora play box. I usually love all things Clinique, but this moisturizer definitely aggravated my very sensitive skin and I broke out more than normal.
The formula did go on really smoothly and definitely gave the blur effect it claims too! If my skin wasn't so sensitive I'm sure I would have loved it. Alas, I will have to keep looking for a similar product.
Bailey A.
Alexandria
I got this while shopping with my mom at Sephora because the worker was pretty convincing when saying this would help blur the appearance of pores! So this is marketed as a moisturizer, but I use it as a primer for my t-zone. I do see a blurring effect but it doesn’t help with oil control so I need a stronger primer. If you worry about pores but aren’t oily, this would be great!! Overall a good product!
jana r.
Columbia, MO
WOW! Bought to minimize pores, will keep buying forever because it 100% hides my under eye fine lines that won t go away with setting powder! YES! I AM AMAZED FOLKS! I have been on a mission to find myself a nonsurgical method to get rid of those tiny fine lines that seem to pop out more with the concealer I so desperately need but if I put Hydroblur moisturizer under my eyes and then then my concealer... LINES GONE!
Oh, and it definitely mattifys and blurs pores too, I'm just so excited that it does more than I ever imagined.
Hydroblur customer for LIFE!
Lilith C.
Bloomington, IN
I love the month wakeup holy this gives my face, it really doesn't feel like morning without it. It primes my face perfectly for my foundation, but does so with that extra subtle "pep".
I've yet to find a product that is worthy of 5 stars, where I feel like there's a REAL daylong advantage to using it... Until I find it, I'll keep using my Clinique Pep Start
Cecilia G.
San Francisco, CA
I got this as a free sample from sephora and am totally in love. it’s super light weight but definitely moisturizing and it makes my skin look really nice and dewy. i’ve been using it for a few days and have noticed my skin feeling softer. I don’t usually wear foundation so i can’t say how well it works under make up but it’s definitely a good moisturizer!
Diana J.
Woodbridge , VA
Got a mini of this with one of my Sephora purchases & I’ve been trying it out for the past week & a half or so. I have really dry skin & when I put this on I feel absolutely no moisture. It’s a white cream when it comes out so it feels thick & heavy on my face. I do not see any blurring action either. I would not recommend this product to anyone with my skin type Clinique Pep-Start™ HydroBlur Moisturizer
Alyssa N.
Moline, IL
I bought this on a whim from Sephora when I needed a new moisturizer a while back. I regret buying the full size and not just getting a sample. I don’t think this works well as a moisturizer or a primer. I didn’t notice any blurring effect from this and my skin was not as hydrated as when I use other moisturizers in my collection. I ended up getting rid of this and would not repurchase.
Erika C.
Las Vegas, NV
This product was just okay. You should be careful when using as to not apply too much because it does have a tendency to pill up. It’s good for filling pores but the amount of moisture is not very impressive. I would recommend still using your daily moisturizer. Clinique Pep-Start™ HydroBlur Moisturizer
Storm B.
Honea path , SC
Is this better used as a before primer moisturizer or a night cream?
Kelly M.
I just saw the advertisement for this and am curious. How is the consistency and weight on the skin? Is it heavy? I've never used a true primer on my face before make-up application, does this work the same way?
Anne T.
Is this a thicker or thinner consistency? Does it take a long time to fully set into the skin? How much do you get in the little jar? Is it worth the money?
Ryanne D.
Salem, NH
Does this make you breakout?
Bre K.
Anyone have any thoughts on this product?