BY CLINIQUE

This oil-free moisturizer instantly blurs imperfections while providing all-day hydration. Skin looks naturally perfected with a matte finish. Wear it alone, or under foundation. It's so lightweight you can use it for touch-ups throughout the day. We call it your new favorite filter...the ideal way to give your skin the moisture it needs, and the forgiving 'retouch' that blurs the look of pores and fine dry lines.

• I know this is meant to be a moisturizer and a primer, but would ...3 Answers
  • Is this better used as a before primer moisturizer or a night cre...7 Answers
  • My skin is very acne prone and oily in the T zone so this moistur...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Ginny R.
I received this in a Sephora Play bag, and then purchased the full size. I love it! I have normal to oily skin, and this works well as a moisturizer for me. I like that it minimizes the size of my pores AND somehow manages to mattify my skin while also hydrating it. I apply it and then let it sit for a few minutes before putting on foundation, and my foundation holds really well (Tarte gel hybrid whatever). Highly recommend!
Lilith C.
Bloomington, IN
I love the month wakeup holy this gives my face, it really doesn't feel like morning without it. It primes my face perfectly for my foundation, but does so with that extra subtle "pep".
I've yet to find a product that is worthy of 5 stars, where I feel like there's a REAL daylong advantage to using it... Until I find it, I'll keep using my Clinique Pep Start
Penny H.
I originally got this as a sample in a Sephora order. I fell in love with it. It is a moisturizer that also hydrates, keeps oils at bay all day and burrs in perfections. It’s lives up to those claims. It doesn’t cause my sensitive skin to break out like some moisturizers do. I will repurchase for sure. It’s not expensive around $29.
Jaime G.
Tulsa, OK
I have incredibly dry skin, especially in the winter. I received a sample of this and now I’m a fan! This makes my skin feel flawless and healthy. It’s not heavy or greasy, and it only takes a second to absorb. It lasts all day, which has been a huge issue with other products I’ve tried.
Samantha S.
This moisturizer was a bit rough to apply. It tugged too much on my face and required some extra pressure to disperse properly. It had a minimal blurring effect on my skin and I didn't find it particularly moisturizing either. It felt rather thick and suffocating on my face.
Jenny T.
This is not at all hydrating but it does blur your imperfections. I would almost consider this the equivalent to a pore filling primer because it has the same consistency except it did not really extend the longevity of my make up. I would definitely not recommend this to my fellow dry ladies out there.
Taylor D.
Aurora, IL
Perfect for those no makeup makeup days! I do have larger pores and I notice a difference, which is saying a lot. This isn't the most pore blurring product I've ever used so I wouldn't recommend it as a base for those full beat makeup days. What I love it for is the days I don't want to wear makeup but I also don't want to look like I belong on the walking dead. I'll put it all over my face to moisturize everything and I make sure to pat it in really well where my larger pores are. It definitely looks like you have a soft blur going on. I use this throw on some eyebrows and I'm set for the day!
sadie k.
Really good full fill primer. Goes on feeling thick and fills in pores but it isn’t thick or heavy once on. Love how it works with all different types of foundations from light to full coverage and both liquid and powder. Great for sensitive skin.
Anne H.
Marquette
This is a pretty nice product as far as two-in-ones go. I actually used this as a primer for quite a long time--it was reasonably priced and you get a good amount. However, as I used it more, it began to start to pill up on my face whenever I put it down, which was off-putting. Not sure if it's a formula issue or if mine went bad, but I would only recommend this in very specific cases.
Chanel H.
San Marcos , TX
I received this in one of my Sephora orders as part of the holiday bag, and I love it! I really don’t think it does much blurring of the skin, but it does an excellent job of moisturizing my dry skin.
Storm B.
Honea path , SC
Is this better used as a before primer moisturizer or a night cream?
Kelly M.
I just saw the advertisement for this and am curious. How is the consistency and weight on the skin? Is it heavy? I've never used a true primer on my face before make-up application, does this work the same way?
Anne T.
Is this a thicker or thinner consistency? Does it take a long time to fully set into the skin? How much do you get in the little jar? Is it worth the money?
Ryanne D.
Salem, NH
Does this make you breakout?
Bre K.
Anyone have any thoughts on this product?