BY CLINIQUE #85 in Facial Moisturizers

Skin Types: 1, 2

What It Is:

Rich, oil-free cream-gel plumps skin with 24-hour hydration.

What It Does:

Lush formula instantly rehydrates thirsty skin. Keeps skin comfortably plumped, even 24 hours after you put it on. Daily use helps fortify skin's moisture barrier to keep moisture in and environmental irritants out. A better barrier means happier skin.

Great To Know:

Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free. Oil-Free. Non-Acnegenic. Dermatologist Tested. Ophthalmologist Tested.

• How many of you ladies think a moisturizer is enough before found...2 Answers
  • I am wanting to try this. How hydrating is this, and does it have...4 Answers
  • How soon can you see visible results with this cream? 3 Answers
Reviews (2074)
  • "I have very dry skin, especially my cheeks and forehead. I have not been able to find a moisturizer that gets rid of me waking up with a flaky face in the morning. My face got to be so dry at a point where I was actually using straight Vaseline and that was the ONLY way I could wake up without the flakes!!! Vaseline did not allow my skin to breathe, though...it was suffocating and just gross feeling. This stuff is like a miracle in a bottle. Can be pricier, but well worth it. It feels so good on my skin, and I wake up without any flakes!" in 420 reviews
  • "Very hydrating. I have very dry skin and its the only product that's helped me from looking dry and flakey ." in 253 reviews
  • "I have dry skin, not to mention ULTRA sensitive skin. Clinique has even had some products that were just to harsh for me. So in the past week I have tried Moisture Surge and it is almost as if I have completely new skin. AMAZING STUFF...Worth every penny and more..." in 112 reviews
Lydia E.
Kewaskum, WI
My new absolute favorite. I used to use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer but this one is even better. A tiny amount of product goes a long way! It has anti aging properties and is amazing for dry winter skin. I use this daily in the morning and before bed. Every other day, I mix in 2 drops of Clinique's Fresh Pressed Vitamin C Concentrate Serum for an extra anti aging and boost to brighten and refresh my skin. The results are amazing. This will be a staple in my routine for years! Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator (Very Dry to Dry Combination) 0.5oz, 15ml [product:clinique-fresh-pressed-daily-booster-with-pure-vitamin-c-10%] Clinique Dramatically Bigger Moisturizing Lotion+, 6.7 oz
Danielle N.
5 stars for my go to moisturizer!! I just had to go out and get a new one! My skin occasionally gets dry/oily and this is the perfect moisturizer for my type of skin. I put it on my nose and underneath my eyes once daily because those are the areas on my face that get dry and oily. I have noticed such a huge difference in my skin after using this product. My skin feels so clean and glowing when I use this. I absolutely love it.
bobbie T.
Vista, CA
If your skin needs a tall drink of water, this is really worth it. Actually.. who am I kidding, it can be used as a moisturizer anywhere (cuticles, dry skin patches, heels, stray hairs) and it's phenomenal. I got this as part of a 3 piece set from Macy's and a little goes a long way so I guarantee it will last me forever! I use maybe a thumbnail sized blob and it moisturizes my whole face and neck with a bit left over so I can rub my hands with it. I wake up with super smooth skin and it's so wonderful!
Beverly B.
Lebanon, TN
My fiance purchased this for me last year ( he purchased the large jar) I Used it for a few weeks it seemed to really moisturize and its very light and creamy. A little goes a long way but after 2 weeks of using my neck started breaking out and itching and I couldn't figure it out. Well turns out I was having a reaction to something in this. They lady at was so sweet when we went to return it. They stand behind their products 100%
Bridgett P.
Canyon, TX
When I travel, my naturally oily skin almost always becomes dry & irritated. One time while out of the country I had particularly awful patches of dry, flaky skin & had skipped the moisturizer when packing so I immediately ran out to find some.  So glad I found this because it blew me away. It did take a few days for the dry patches to even out completely, but as long as I applied morning & night it kept my skin hydrated enough to keep the dryness at bay & prevent my makeup from flaking off. I continued using it once I got home & couldn't believe how well it worked on my oily skin, too!! While I don't *need* it for my every day routine, I do plan to keep a jar on hand for travel. I usually don't spend more than a few bucks on moisturizer but a little of this goes a longgg way so I'm not upset about the price.
Elizabeth S.
Athens, GA
My favorite moisturizer on the planet. I have tried it all, I have had acne since i was 12 (I am now 22), have been on Accutane twice (about to go on it again for the third time) and this stuff is the only product that has effectively moisturized my skin without clogging my pores, leaving an unpleasant feeling or an unbearably strong odor. Your skin feels so soft and smooth after using this stuff. The only downside is the price, it is a little pricey, especially on a college budget but I am willing to put down the extra bucks for such an effective product. My skin drinks this stuff in. I have tried about every moisturizer on the market, high end and prescribed alike, and this is the best hands down. It is good for dry and oily skin alike and is a staple for those of you suffering from extra dryness from acne medication.
Tess E.
I really loved this moisturizer. Literally 24 hour moisture that my skin needed, but it broke my forehead out horribly for the first time since high school! (I’m 21 now, so since i was 16). I wanted to love this so much and it really does work but there’s so many chemicals in it that if your skin is dry and even a tiny bit sensitive, you may experience breakout.  Clinique Moisture Surge™ Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator
Brittney M.
I swear I have the dries face on the planet and I've try tons of product to help but sometimes it makes my skin patchy or turn my face like I had a bad reaction to it but not with this stuff. I can tell within the next day that it has been helping. Least my face feeling like you just got out of the shower. I highly recommend checking this stuff out.
Kate F.
This is such a great moisturizer! I use it during the winter when my skin is terribly dry and flaking. It does the trick overnight there are no more flakes and my skin doesn’t feel tight anymore. It’s affordable and I usually purchase when there is a free gift going on. I have acne prone skin and this hasn’t broken me out or made my skin have any problems. Great product.
Markela H.
I have used this for years and I dont plan on stopping anytime soon. It is extremely soothing and moisturizing on my skin, it just soaks in. It doesn’t leave a sticky feeling after you use it and the moisture literally lasts all day. I only use it in the morning and it’s perfect for my dry patches on my face. (I have combination skin)
Rama Gian H.
Anderson, SC
I am wanting to try this. How hydrating is this, and does it have a scent?
Malak B.
Ballwin, MO
How soon can you see visible results with this cream?
Janelle J.
Sarnia, ON
How many of you ladies think a moisturizer is enough before foundation? And how many apply a primer? (I'm currently loving the hourglass primer) Clinique Moisture Surge™ Intense Skin Fortifying HydratorHourglass Veil Mineral Primer
Shweta S.
W Lafayette, IN
How good is it for oily/ combination skin?
Alicia H.
Clinique Moisture Surge™ Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator. Looking for something similar to this prouduct. Any recommendations?