BY CLINIQUE #4 in Facial Moisturizers

Lush cream-gel penetrates skin, enhancing natural hyaluronic acid—nature’s perfect moisture magnet. For 24 satisfying hours, skin is plumped, dewy, glowing—from the inside out. Oil-free.

Use after 3-Step, or anytime skin needs a moisture boost.

• Can I wear it under make up?77 Answers
  • I have dry, sometimes flaky skin in the morning but end up being oi...35 Answers
  • Do you think that this is worth the price?56 Answers
Des S.
Des S.
Riverside, CA
Review for: Clinique Moisture Surge™ Extended Thirst Relief
I have "normal" skin that may lean to the "dry" side sometimes but usually it's not problematic. I tried a deluxe sample of this moisturizer that lasted almost a month, so I think I can safely provide a fair review of my experience. I usually use traditional creams and this was my first experience with a gel type of moisturizer. I don't really care for this type of moisturizer because I don't feel like it really absorbs into my skin. It felt kind of like I had a wet layer of cream on my face and although it didn't absorb, it didn't dry down right away. It's an odd combination, I know. This was a very light feeling, non-greasy formula so this may be beneficial for those that don't need tons of moisture. I do enjoy Clinique products in general but this did nothing for my skin. After the sample was finished my skin felt like it needed some intense hydrating to recover from the lack of adequate hydration. It was an OK product but I would not purchase it, it's not for me.
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
I started using the Moisture Surge face lotion when I was on my 3rd round of Accutane for acne. Accutane is an extremely strong medication that dries out your skin, hair and nails. Since this wasn't my first experience with Accutane I had pretty much tried everything else in search of a face lotion that would combat the dryness and flakiness of my skin and smooth out my skin before applying makeup. When I tried this for the first time, my skin had a wonderful, healthy glow again and my makeup looked nearly flawless with very little effort. This is a miracle lotion! My only complaint is that it wasn't around the last two times I was on Accutane! Even after finishing my treatment, I cannot live without my Moisture Surge! The intense formula is also great for night time use when you feel extra dry or have been out in the sun for a while. I highly recommend both, but the regular formula is my favorite for daily use.
Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.
Elk Grove, CA
Review for: Clinique Moisture Surge™ Extended Thirst Relief 1.7 oz
I started using this after years of using the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (aka the yellow stuff) because after using the Clinique Acne Solutions System my skin was left dry and flakey, even with the help of an electric brush to exfoliate it. The lady at the Clinique counter recommended that I try this and gave me a sample of it and I'm so glad I did. Yes it is pricey, but a little of this goes a very long ways as a small dab is all you need to cover your whole face. Unlike the yellow lotion, this is actually oil free which is what is best for acne-prone skin like mine. This moisturizer healed my skin and instantly provided relief to my skin, which was actually in pain from being so dry before this. I rarely notice flakes on my skin now, and when I do they are in very small areas and I just apply a little extra of this stuff to it and that solves the problem.
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
Toms River, NJ
Review for: Clinique Moisture Surge™ Extended Thirst Relief
Clinique's Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is a truly one of a kind product. This moisture booster can be used in a variety of ways to complement your daily routine, and give you the hydration you need at anytime.

If you are looking for an every day, lightweight, hydrating moisturizer to put make up over, this is your product. Should you need an extra kick of hydration to jump start your skin, this products works as an excellent overnight moisture mask. And if you've already put on your makeup for the day, and realize you're feeling a little extra dry, this is your product. Clinique Moisture Surge can be applied over, yes over, your already applied makeup without disrupting the flawless look you have, and will deliver a pop of moisture just when you need it.

Moisture Surge should be a staple in every person's daily arsenal to defeat dry skin.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Pittsburgh, PA
This moisturizer is absolutely amazing. I love Clinique's brand because it is mostly hypo-allergenic and perfect for sensitive skin. This has a gel-like consistency unlike most creamy lotions and moisturizers. This goes on so smoothly, without being too sticky or too heavy. I was nervous that it being gel-like that it would not soak into my skin and just leave a residue. However, this product soaked in so quickly that I could put my primer and foundation on after only 5-10 minutes after applying. Some other reviews mention this and I stand by it too, refrigerate the product! Especially if you have dark circles and puffiness, this product is absolutely amazing for that. This product also doe snot clog my pores which I have problems with other products used in the past. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product.
Raina C.
Raina C.
Waukesha, WI
I loved how this made my skin feel luxurious after trying the deluxe sample I received with an order, so I immediately bought the 2.5 oz. I wish I bought the smaller one, though. While a great lightweight gel product that doesn't make me break out and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and lets it breathe, the Extended Thirst Relief also doesn't hydrate the dry portions of my face. I had to apply twice a day with another moisturizer in between, which is a pain. I would use this after my PM cleansing routine in the summer months for sure and under foundation that has sunscreen (because this moisturizer doesn't), but I've found Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator works much better for drier skin.
Marina A.
Marina A.
Garden City, NY
Ahhhh, it is such a pleasure to review something that is so absolutely wonderful to use. This moisturizer is what pale pink silk would feel like if it were turned into face cream. Or how about the inside of a cloud? It is amazingly light and delicate, almost evanescent on the skin, a pleasure even to dip your fingers in. When they say "thirst relief," they mean it. The skin on my face actually seems to reach out for this product when I see it in the morning. The container is even attractive, the top easy to open, and the cream stays light and fluffy over time. If kept too long, the last little bit may thicken, but usually I use it up too fast to reach that point. All products of this type are expensive.
Vickie K.
Vickie K.
Amarillo, TX
I recently within the last year I went to my local Clinique in my mall and asked the professional there what I should use for my dry skin after getting out of the shower. She gave me a sample of this product and I have to say that it made a great improvement with my face. It was not the best smelling product use but it was very smoothing on my face and lasted throughout the day. The price on the actual product for the amount given was a little steep for my pocket book, but if you absolutely have bad dry skin and need a relief this is the product for you. I would love to have this product rather than just a sample but it has lasted me for a while now. A little bit goes a long way.
Kelly C.
Kelly C.
Review for: Clinique Moisture Surge™ Extended Thirst Relief 1.7 oz
I love Clinique Skincare. I’ve been given Clinique over the years by my aunt and grandmother who both use it and I think it’s amazing. I know that many people like the Dramatically Different lotion which I tried a sample of, but it wasn’t for me. I have oily skin but it also gets extremely dry. This moisturizer my skin well without breaking me out or making me greasy. The moisture surge has a cold gel like formula that’s water based so it feels really light. It never felt heavy for me and it seemed to melt into my skin and wear extremely well under makeup. I’m really sad this is gone and I’m hoping I can get a new full-sized soon because it’s so worth the investment.
Maddy D.
Maddy D.
Leesburg, VA
Review for: Clinique Moisture Surge™ Extended Thirst Relief 1.7 oz
I have extremely dry skin and am a moisturizer junky, after trying the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion I needed something more intense. The Extended Thirst Relief gel is perfect, its lightweight and leaves your skin with a nice moisturized glow. I apply it twice a day, in the morning about 30 minutes before makeup and before bed. It does leave skin a little tacky so I wait a little while before applying makeup. I do feel a big difference in the smoothness of my skin and the hydration level. I would definitely recommend this for extremely dry skin and will not only be repurchasing it but trying the rest of the Moisture Surge line.
Leidy E.
Leidy E.
San Antonio, TX
Can I wear it under make up?
Hannah F.
Hannah F.
Apopka, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you think that this is worth the price?
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
How long does a jar usually last?
Mikayla C.
Mikayla C.
Toronto, ON
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have dry, sometimes flaky skin in the morning but end up being oily by the end of the day. I am looking for a moisturizer that will help my dry skin for makeup application in the morning that won't leave a greasy dew. Will this product do the job?
Lois W.