BY CLINIQUE #39 in Eye Primer

Benefits: Priming

Lash-conditioning undercoat boosts the benefits of Clinique mascaras. Unique polymer combination holds mascara to lashes for a longer, fuller look and extended wear. Moisturizing formula helps condition and mend dry lashes. Ophthalmologist tested.

Please note: Lash Building Primer is not recommended for use with
Lash Power, High Impact Curling and Bottom Lash Mascara formulas.

How to Use:

• Apply generously to lashes in an upward motion
  • Immediately follow with mascara
  • Remove with your favourite Clinique eye makeup remover

• Does this product stimulate lash growth over a period of time?2 Answers
  • I have been looking to try a mascara primer since I love to have ...1 Answers
  • Is this waterproof? I'm asking bc I use waterproof mascaras to ke...2 Answers
Clinique Lash Building Primer
  • "It does visibly make eye lashes look longer but it doesn't hold curl well, but it can also be because my eyelashes are really hard to curl." in 2 reviews
  • "I've been using this for a few weeks now and it's making my lashes fuller and making my mascara stay on longer." in 1 review
  • "It definitely makes your lashes look fuller and longer." in 1 review
  • "I use it all the time to make sure that I have the long lashes to make my eye stand out more" in 1 review
  • "Generally hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin/eyes, Works well at helping to accomplish nice, full eye lashes!" in 1 review
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
I love this!!! It was the first lash primer I ever used & can't live without it now (but I have to admit, I've stuck with this one and haven't used any other)... It helps your curl hold, picks up every tiny lash, and really thickens them up! It helps mascara glide on smooth & evenly. The ONLY con I have for this one is that sometimes I have to really take my time to avoid clumping, but it doesn't clump horribly.
Rachel G.
Nashville, TN
this is the best mascara primer i have ever tried. i got this in my sephora play bag. one side is the primer and the other is the black mascara. it works better than the voluminous one which i love. my friend immediately complimented by lashes when i put this one. it really adds volume. you don't even need to use this with the clinique mascara after, but make sure not to use lights, mcamera action mascara you need to use a mascara that is super smooth and not clumpy because it will exaggerate the texture of your lashes and make them look cakey. i can't say enough good things about this primer. just make sure to let it dry before you add the mascara on top of it
Mila S.
Los Angeles, CA
Received a primer/mascara duo in my PLAY! by Sephora Box. I'm not Clinique's biggest fan since their supposedly hypo-allergenic skin set had caused my face to breakout. Having said that, I have not let that prejudice affect my opinion of the primer/lash duo. I don't like splurging on mascara primers just because I have naturally long-set eyelashes so I find it to be an unnecessary expense but have received a number of them in my Sephora monthly subscription. Prior to trying the Clinique Primer, the Urban Decay primer had been my favorite but Clinique's brush applicator allows me to snag those hard to reach lashes.

Samantha A.
Bothell, WA
My go to! It’s cheap, and it works! A few layers of this and your lashers are lengthened and full! It’s simple packaging, which is great I love it. I also love it because I have sensitive skin and eyes so it doesn’t bother or irritate my eyes or contacts! YAY! Will continue to buy!
Junu T.
TBH, i thought lash primers are just not worth it, its just too much work. But when i used it, i can surely tell, its really worth it. It makes my lash look so much more longer and fuller. I got this in my sephora play box. Definitely will recommend this if you want to make your lashes stand out.
Dana H.
Fort Stewart, GA
This product is a bit thick for my liking. It works really well in the beginning however if you have any sort of other makeup product on your lashes (eyeshadow, liner, foundation) it will definitely mess up the entire tube of primer. The effects are really good in the beginning, you have to be sure it dries completely before you apply the actual mascara afterwards. However after about 5-8 uses, the product gets clumpy and becomes heavy, so it became pretty much useless. Would not repurchase.
Megan R.
Birmingham, AL
This is the best mascara primer I think I have ever used! I was using this product at the same time I was trying Benefit's tinted lash primer, and I realized I like Clinique's primer much more! Yes, I do wish this primer wasn't white, but it performed better than a brown lash primer so I cannot complain too much. Would repurchase and would recommend to anyone who's lashes need something a little extra!
Stephanie B.
Gulf Breeze , FL
How did I survive so without Clinique Lash Building Primer for so long?! I received this as a sample in a subscription box and it changed my lash game! It's not sticky and doesn't dry fast allowing you to really get your mascara on and it gives me the longest and fullest lashes! I definitely see a difference without it and I already bought the full size. It's very affordable! Definitely recommend!
Luisana P.
Houston
This product is AMAZING. I bought it in ulta in a mini size and was the best investment ever!!! Makes my lashes look thick and super long! It make my dark brown eyes POP! ;) ready to party!!!
Vale R.
Baton Rouge, LA
This lash primer is really good! Every time I use this product my lashes are way more voluminous and long! This product dries out really quickly so you have to use it in less than 2 months I would say. I do not love the application brush but it does prevent my lashes from getting together. This formula does not feel heavy on my eyes which I really love!
Brittany W.
Just wondering what the purpose of this is
Kelli W.
Indianapolis, IN
Has anyone had irritation from this product?
Emily W.
Bluffton, SC
Does this product stimulate lash growth over a period of time?
Mehvish D.
Valdosta, GA
Is this waterproof? I'm asking bc I use waterproof mascaras to keep lashes curled
Marie-Diane C.
Gatineau , QC
I have been looking to try a mascara primer since I love to have long lashes, and found this one, but im wondering if its difficult to remove at night? Does it feel like waterproof mascara?