BY CLINIQUE #13 in Facial Moisturizers

Dermatologist-developed formula combines oil-free hydration with skin-strengthening ingredients.

Your daily moisturizer helps skin look younger, longer.

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Oily
✔ Combination

What it is:
A lightweight, fast-absorbing gel hydrator developed specifically for the needs of combination to oily skin.

Solutions for:
- Dryness

If you want to know more…
This genius gel developed by Clinique's dermatologists maintains optimal moisture balance for oily skin. The refreshing, oil-free formula combines all-day hydration with skin-strengthening ingredients so skin looks younger longer and feels fresh and comfortable.

What else you need to know:
This product is allergy tested, fragrance-free, dermatologist developed, oil-free, and noncomedogenic. It’s the third step in Clinique’s 3-Step Skin Care System. For dry to combination skin types, try Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+. For the driest skins, try Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream.

• Does this work great with oily faces?29 Answers
  • I've seen this product in sooooooo many videos and everybody talk...1 Answers
  • Is this good for acne prone skin?3 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this in the even better skin kit that came with the largest size of the moisturizing gel, clarifying lotion and oily face wash along with travel sizes of each for 66 USD at sephora.
Had it not been in that kit idk that I would have spent almost 30 dollars on this. My issue is that I've spent 4 times that or more on similar products and they never seem to work out so I've kind of given up in breaking the bank to save my skin.
But when this came out when I ran out of my normal acne toner from Clearogen I was ready to try something new. I needed a new good face wash too and clinique has been around for a long time and built their name around good quality products for all ages so I felt good about this purchase.
Using the entire system was amazing together but I was most surprised by this moisturizing gel. I am extremely oily. So oily that after I wash my face if I don't use mattifying products I can fill up 3 to 4 big blotting papers every single hour.
So I know what they say about adding moisture to trick your skin into stopping oil production but if that was ever going to work my skin would have stopped itself before it got to that crazy oily point so no, thats never worked. BUT this lotion when I woke up did not make me at all oily. I know that had a lot to do with the face wash yes, but the fact that this didn't make my face oily on it's own is amazing and gives me real hope that this may be the long term set for me.
It's creamy but still has a gel, water based consistency that feels light and sinks in and dries quickly. It has a light and fresh scent that's barely there. A little goes a long way so this bottle will last me a long time.
The pump is very easy to use and the bottle is pretty secure so I'd feel comfortable traveling with it.
It felt refreshing and calmed my skin as well as made it feel moisturized without feeling oily. It just felt healthy and I attribute a lot of that to this gel.
It has an amazing formula and cute packaging. The price isn't bad compared to both drugstore and high end specialty face moisturizers.
I recommend this to anyone. It really can work for all skin types and I truly believe that.
Domenique S.
Dalton, MA
I've been using the Clinique 3 step (cleanser, clarifying lotion, and moisturizer) for the past six months. I started with a sample size of this lotion after being unsatisfied with the dramatically different moisturizer. I ended up buying the larger size of this. It was great for everyday use in the summer and fall, but now that it's winter in the north east it's just not cutting it. I love the constancy of this moisturizer and how it feels when applied. I couldn't stand the oiliness of the other Dramatically Different Moisturizers, so this was a pleasant change.
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm going to start this review with a word of advice. If you want a heavy moisturizer or do not have oily skin, this isn't for you. But, if you, like me, are looking for light moisture during the day and have oily skin, this is perfect. I use this with the 3 step skin care system in the #3 formula for oily skin and its amazing. The whole system together has made my skin comfortable again. Everything else has been too drying, too moisturizing creating oil or cause me to develop acne. This has tamed my acne completely, curbed my oil production and made me skin have a healthy glow. I am confident in not wearing makeup again. When I do want to wear makeup, this moisturizer is so light weight that I can apply this, then primer, foundation, blush, highlighter, everything I need or want to wear and it's perfect. It's so light weight that I can layer everything on and it doesn't get oily and slide off. I will say that at night, though, I apply a heavier moisturizer. The one I use at night is called Moisture Surge gel and it's moisturizing enough for me to use and not need a cream. I highly recommend this if you have oily skin.
H Y.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been using this product for the past year now & so far, this has been my go-to product to use at night if I feel like my skin needs a little boost of hydration & I wake up with an almost youthful-looking glow (although that might just all be in my head). Sometimes, I do use it during the day as well if I feel that my skin still needs extra hydration, just don’t forget to add SPF afterwards! The product goes on smoothly & absorbs quickly. While it’s not greasy nor heavy, it does leave a slight sticky feel on the skin. The scent is very subtle.
Marisa B.
This is a great moisturizer. It is gentle on your face. I do love all of Clinique products. I also love that the purchase of this qualifies you for a free gift when they have promotions going on haha. I just would have to say that this is not my favorite moisturizer at this time. However, I do feel that it could be due to the fact that my skin is changing as I get older. Overall this is a great every day moisturizer and gets the job done!
Catherine R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely adore this moisturizer!  It is a God send for oily skinned folks.  For day time use I like to use a light weight, oil free moisturizer and this gel formula gives good moisture but without feeling heavy.  It absorbs into the skin really well.  I use a heavier night time moisturizer but this is perfect for the day.  Especially given the fact that I live in Alabama and it is hot and humid here 95% of the year.  The price is very good.  I use one to two pumps every morning and the bottle lasts a really long time.  I will be purchasing a smaller squeeze tube for some upcoming travel as well.  If you are oily/combination or if you just like a lighter moisturizer you will really love this.
Maria M.
East Syracuse, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using the clinique moisturizing gel for... Maybe 7 months now. It's really nice. There are no harsh fragrances, it moisturizes without leaving me greasy. The price is great for the amount you get. Only bummer at the moment is that it's not quite holding up to the weather change, so now I'm looking for a new winter moisturizer. Otherwise, this is perfect for me for the other half of the year!
Desiree H.
Ft. Oglethorpe
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is great for combination or oily skin and I love that it is a gel. There is no heaviness or greasiness to have to try to work into your skin. This gel absorbs quickly and leaves your skin soft and not tacky at all. It is one of my Staples, as simple as it is, after trying so many I came to this one and absolutely love it. It is highly recommended for people with combination or oily skin in the beauty stores I have been in over a lot of the other brands, and, often times at the Clinique counters in the mall they will have samples already out for you to pick up if you want the gel version or the lotion version it will be labeled underneath. Those samples are free to anyone who wants one.
Annie C.
Chambersburg
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay this is definitely one of my favorite moisturizers since it sinks in so quickly but it also hydrates without leaving me feel like a greaseball. The one thing I don't like is the feeling it leaves on my hands after I apply it, I ALWAYS have to wash my hands after (which is why I only put 4 stars). The feeling just is super weird to me!
Daniela S.
Encino, CA
I’ve been using this lotion for many years. It is not greasy, but keeps skin soft, clear and smooth. It's also a good base for makeup. Seems to keep it fresh longer than a lot of other, heavier moisturizer. I'd give it 5 stars, but at this time I'm thinking of trying some other things just to see if it's still really my favorite!
Gricelda H.
Los Angeles, CA
Does this work great with oily faces?
Gabriela O.
Chandler
Does this work on sensitive skin?
Chantelle S.
I have been searching for a good moisturizer.. my skin is horribly dry in most parts of my face. Is this an intensely moisturizing product??
Katie G.
Spring Valley, NY
I have been looking for a good moisturizers this summer and I heard that this one is very good. I have combination skin and want to know if it's not gonna make my skin look more oily? Please I need your help
Lesley
Is this really moisturizing? What type of skin type is this for?