BY CLINIQUE #18 in Facial Moisturizers

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Skin Types: 3, 4

Dermatologist-developed formula combines oil-free hydration with skin-strengthening ingredients. Your daily moisturizer helps skin look younger, longer.

• Is this only effective when used with the rest of the "3 ...4 Answers
  • Does this work great with oily faces?32 Answers
  • Does anyone know of a good cruelty-free option similar to...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I love this moisturizer. I use it twice a day after washing my face every morning and night. The gel is for more oily skin while the lotion is for dry skin. I use the gel during the warmer months and the lotion in the winter when my skin is drier. Both are wonderful! I usually don't even have to wear a primer after putting this moisturizer on my face." in 368 reviews
  • "I have very sensitive skin so I'm always scared to try new things. I got this as a sample when I ordered something else so I figured I'd give it a try. I loved it right away. Its not heavy and doesn't leave your skin oily. But you can feel it working right away. I never had any trouble with it causing breakouts with my sensitive skin. " in 283 reviews
Ryan S.
Penryn, CA
This review is actually for the $5.00 .5 oz sample/travel size at ULTA. I have a hard time finding moisturizers I really like because I have oily/normal skin. The only other moisturizer for my face I really like, because it doesn't feel to heavy is Dermalogica's Active Moist. After reading reviews and trying to look for the closest product to Dermalogica's Active Moist, I picked up a travel size of this at Ulta. The consistency is light a lot like Active Moist, which I love! It makes my skin feel really smooth and not greasy! Even with all the moisturizers Clinique has marketed toward men I really like this gel. It's also about half the price per OZ compared to dermalogica! This is my new moisturizer! I would recommend if you have oily/combo skin you should check out this product. They also make a dramatically different lotion for dry skin. For only 5 dollars for the travel size it's definitely worth a try!
Shawnda C.
Port Orchard, WA
So I have combination skin, & it's hard to find a moisturizer that I can put on under my primer & make up. That being said, I love this moisturizer, it's really light weight. It doesn't dry to quick, which is fine, I ju as t dab it into my skin until its completely dry. Once it's in, my skin feels so silky, it doesn't have an oily residue after I apply it it doesn't come off on my fingers. It just sets & it sets nicely. Me having combo skin. I am oily in my T zone, but dry every where else. Like my cheeks, tend to have dry spots. This is a a moisturizer I can apply before primer & have no issues with the two not blending well together. My skin doesn't have weird sports where you can see the make up separating, or my skin drying out. Love this moisturizer just by itself too. Especially after the shower. It feels so moisturized! Bought mine at sephora $10 travel size. It's actually a great amount too, & a little goes a long way!
Merceades S.
Anderson, SC
I use this stuff during the day and it's my new HG day time moisturizer.

At first, I was a little skeptical as I felt like it was moisturizing my skin and balancing it but I wouldn't really see anything long term. However, it DID soften my skin, keep the moisturizer in and I even believe my old acne scar are lightening up! It's not even that pricy. Pretty affordable and lasts forever.

Also, the packaging is perfect. This product is a win win win!!
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I received this in the even better skin kit that came with the largest size of the moisturizing gel, clarifying lotion and oily face wash along with travel sizes of each for 66 USD at sephora.
Had it not been in that kit idk that I would have spent almost 30 dollars on this. My issue is that I've spent 4 times that or more on similar products and they never seem to work out so I've kind of given up in breaking the bank to save my skin.
But when this came out when I ran out of my normal acne toner from Clearogen I was ready to try something new. I needed a new good face wash too and clinique has been around for a long time and built their name around good quality products for all ages so I felt good about this purchase.
Using the entire system was amazing together but I was most surprised by this moisturizing gel. I am extremely oily. So oily that after I wash my face if I don't use mattifying products I can fill up 3 to 4 big blotting papers every single hour.
So I know what they say about adding moisture to trick your skin into stopping oil production but if that was ever going to work my skin would have stopped itself before it got to that crazy oily point so no, thats never worked. BUT this lotion when I woke up did not make me at all oily. I know that had a lot to do with the face wash yes, but the fact that this didn't make my face oily on it's own is amazing and gives me real hope that this may be the long term set for me.
It's creamy but still has a gel, water based consistency that feels light and sinks in and dries quickly. It has a light and fresh scent that's barely there. A little goes a long way so this bottle will last me a long time.
The pump is very easy to use and the bottle is pretty secure so I'd feel comfortable traveling with it.
It felt refreshing and calmed my skin as well as made it feel moisturized without feeling oily. It just felt healthy and I attribute a lot of that to this gel.
It has an amazing formula and cute packaging. The price isn't bad compared to both drugstore and high end specialty face moisturizers.
I recommend this to anyone. It really can work for all skin types and I truly believe that.
Lindsey D.
Kiln, MS
I've been looking for a moisturizer for my face and my mom let me borrow some of her moisturizing gel and her lotion to try out for a few uses. My skin is typically dry with rare breakouts. Even though the moisturizing gel is for those with combination oily to oily skin, I actually prefer this product instead of the lotion (which is for those with dry skin like me). The lotion gives my face feeling very sticky while the moisturizing gel absorbs right into the skin and is very smooth. Because of this, I opted to buy a bottle of my own after trying my mom's. Although this product is a little pricey for me, you only need to apply a small amount after you wash your face and it should last you a while!

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+™Clinique Dramatically Different™ Moisturizing Gel
Geraldine M.
San Diego
Despite the minor price increase in the Clinique line, I highly recommend this moisturizer to the masses! I seem to think that everyone underrates Clinique- which is that only people with severe acne would consider this brand. I was sure one of those people and luckily I changed my mind! Per suggestion, I only meant to use this in the summer, as the gel formula is cooling and moisturizing underneath my sunblock and makeup. Better yet, it didn't clog my pores! During the winter, I tend to suffer from dry, flakey cheeks and chin- this moisturizer still did the trick. Not to mention, the 4.2 oz lasts forever! After a year of continued use (along with the Clarifying Lotion - Step 3), I can say that my face's skin texture is smoothr and less shiny.
Michelle L.
I love this!!! I stumbled upon it one day at the Clinique counter inside Macy's and have been using it ever since. Before this, I hadn't found a moisturizer that kept me from getting super oily throughout the day. Ever other one I tried felt too heavy or too oily/greasy. This is the most lightweight, hydrating moisturizer I've ever tried. Once you apply it, it soaks into the skin and hydrates it just enough to keep you from getting crazy oily during the day. The only time I'm not using this is when my skin feels too dry in the winter, the only time I'll opt for a heavier lotion. If you have oily skin, this is the best! I've tried other moisturizers but I always come back to this one.
Elizabeth A.
Frederick, MD
This moisturizer feels amazing on my face . I use to use the lotion one (dry skin) but I started getting oily so I stop using it .I look around for different ones that would work for me for I just could find one the I found out they actually made one for oily skin and I got so happy and brought it . So glad I brought it it's so light weight it not greasy or oily !! And it leaves my face so smooth .It's alittle pricy in my opinion but it's so worth it .You don't need to use alot so it will last you a few months .
Analyssa B.
Orlando, Florida
I have dry/combination skin (I am extremely oily in the T-Zone and acne-prone, but the rest of my face has dry patches.) I prefer the DDMG over the DDML , because the DDMG does not leave a greasy residue, and my face does not look like an oil slick. This actually moisturizes my face, and makes it feel soft. This is a perfect moisturizer for anyone who can’t have fragrance or has sensitive skin and allergies. That being said, it has little to no benefits other than just moisturizing.. it’s a basic moisturizer. If you have another moisturizer that covers another skin concern such as anti-aging or uneven skin tone, this moisturizer is BEST to be layered with other products!
Ellie N.
This is my absolute favorite moisturizer! The price may be a bit high for some people, but the product lasts a very long time and is well worth the price. If my skin is feeling oily, this helps my skin not look and feel oily after use. There’s not really a scent to it, so if you’re sensitive to certain smells, this will work great for you. I’ve seen a few reviews saying that it didn’t work on their skin and made their skin super dry, but the moisturizing GEL is for combo oily to oily skin NOT for people who have dry skin!! If you have dry skin, it’s recommended you use the moisturizing LOTION.
Gricelda H.
Los Angeles, CA
Does this work great with oily faces?
Gabriela O.
Chandler
Does this work on sensitive skin?
Chantelle S.
I have been searching for a good moisturizer.. my skin is horribly dry in most parts of my face. Is this an intensely moisturizing product??
Katie G.
Spring Valley, NY
I have been looking for a good moisturizers this summer and I heard that this one is very good. I have combination skin and want to know if it's not gonna make my skin look more oily? Please I need your help
Lesley
Is this really moisturizing? What type of skin type is this for?

back