BY CLINIQUE

Skin Types: 3, 4

Dermatologist-developed formula combines oil-free hydration with skin-strengthening ingredients. Your daily moisturizer helps skin look younger, longer.

• I have the sample size and this works wonders for my oily...3 Answers
  • My skin is a little bit oily and kinda sensitive with som...2 Answers
  • Is this only effective when used with the rest of the "3 ...4 Answers
Clinique Dramatically Different™ Moisturizing Gel
  • "I love this moisturizer. I use it twice a day after washing my face every morning and night. The gel is for more oily skin while the lotion is for dry skin. I use the gel during the warmer months and the lotion in the winter when my skin is drier. Both are wonderful! I usually don't even have to wear a primer after putting this moisturizer on my face." in 368 reviews
  • "I have very sensitive skin so I'm always scared to try new things. I got this as a sample when I ordered something else so I figured I'd give it a try. I loved it right away. Its not heavy and doesn't leave your skin oily. But you can feel it working right away. I never had any trouble with it causing breakouts with my sensitive skin. " in 283 reviews
Ryan S.
Penryn, CA
This review is actually for the $5.00 .5 oz sample/travel size at ULTA. I have a hard time finding moisturizers I really like because I have oily/normal skin. The only other moisturizer for my face I really like, because it doesn't feel to heavy is Dermalogica's Active Moist. After reading reviews and trying to look for the closest product to Dermalogica's Active Moist, I picked up a travel size of this at Ulta. The consistency is light a lot like Active Moist, which I love! It makes my skin feel really smooth and not greasy! Even with all the moisturizers Clinique has marketed toward men I really like this gel. It's also about half the price per OZ compared to dermalogica! This is my new moisturizer! I would recommend if you have oily/combo skin you should check out this product. They also make a dramatically different lotion for dry skin. For only 5 dollars for the travel size it's definitely worth a try!
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I received this in the even better skin kit that came with the largest size of the moisturizing gel, clarifying lotion and oily face wash along with travel sizes of each for 66 USD at sephora.
Had it not been in that kit idk that I would have spent almost 30 dollars on this. My issue is that I've spent 4 times that or more on similar products and they never seem to work out so I've kind of given up in breaking the bank to save my skin.
But when this came out when I ran out of my normal acne toner from Clearogen I was ready to try something new. I needed a new good face wash too and clinique has been around for a long time and built their name around good quality products for all ages so I felt good about this purchase.
Using the entire system was amazing together but I was most surprised by this moisturizing gel. I am extremely oily. So oily that after I wash my face if I don't use mattifying products I can fill up 3 to 4 big blotting papers every single hour.
So I know what they say about adding moisture to trick your skin into stopping oil production but if that was ever going to work my skin would have stopped itself before it got to that crazy oily point so no, thats never worked. BUT this lotion when I woke up did not make me at all oily. I know that had a lot to do with the face wash yes, but the fact that this didn't make my face oily on it's own is amazing and gives me real hope that this may be the long term set for me.
It's creamy but still has a gel, water based consistency that feels light and sinks in and dries quickly. It has a light and fresh scent that's barely there. A little goes a long way so this bottle will last me a long time.
The pump is very easy to use and the bottle is pretty secure so I'd feel comfortable traveling with it.
It felt refreshing and calmed my skin as well as made it feel moisturized without feeling oily. It just felt healthy and I attribute a lot of that to this gel.
It has an amazing formula and cute packaging. The price isn't bad compared to both drugstore and high end specialty face moisturizers.
I recommend this to anyone. It really can work for all skin types and I truly believe that.
Lindsey D.
Kiln, MS
I've been looking for a moisturizer for my face and my mom let me borrow some of her moisturizing gel and her lotion to try out for a few uses. My skin is typically dry with rare breakouts. Even though the moisturizing gel is for those with combination oily to oily skin, I actually prefer this product instead of the lotion (which is for those with dry skin like me). The lotion gives my face feeling very sticky while the moisturizing gel absorbs right into the skin and is very smooth. Because of this, I opted to buy a bottle of my own after trying my mom's. Although this product is a little pricey for me, you only need to apply a small amount after you wash your face and it should last you a while!

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+™Clinique Dramatically Different™ Moisturizing Gel
Geraldine M.
San Diego
Despite the minor price increase in the Clinique line, I highly recommend this moisturizer to the masses! I seem to think that everyone underrates Clinique- which is that only people with severe acne would consider this brand. I was sure one of those people and luckily I changed my mind! Per suggestion, I only meant to use this in the summer, as the gel formula is cooling and moisturizing underneath my sunblock and makeup. Better yet, it didn't clog my pores! During the winter, I tend to suffer from dry, flakey cheeks and chin- this moisturizer still did the trick. Not to mention, the 4.2 oz lasts forever! After a year of continued use (along with the Clarifying Lotion - Step 3), I can say that my face's skin texture is smoothr and less shiny.
Jennifer S.
Middlebrg Hts, OH
I wanted to try this because I’ve used the lotion version of this product for years (it is my daily morning moisturizer). I figured since this is a lighter version of that, it would be great for the summer when it’s hot and I get sweaty/greasy. However, it was a little less moisturizing than I need and I didn’t like that it had a fragrance (the lotion doesn’t seem to). I have normal/combination skin. I would recommend this for someone who has oily skin as I think it would be great and better suited for that skin type. But for me, it just wasn’t enough.
Hajar B.
San antonio, TX
I purchased this as part of the three-step box on a cruise ship… And I’ve been using it for like three months now I’m almost out I need to restock but I think it’s great it’s really hydrating I have the combination to normal skin and it’s just really hydrating without the greasy feel it doesn’t deserve really fast so I do feel the need to keep reapplying before I put my make up on… I need to restock almost out but I do recommend this!
Courtney P.
I got this in an intro kit to Clinique that I bought for my 12 year old and I had to go and buy another one just for myself! My skin can be really dry and have a tendency to break out with lotions so this has become my holy grail! It’s not heavy or greasy, my skin just soaks it up and loves every bit of it! I can apply it right before makeup and it won’t cause my foundation to move around or separate throughout the day. You don’t need to use much, I literally use a pearl size almost every morning and have had this tiny little bottle for a couple months now!!! I absolutely love this stuff!!!
Meg M.
State College, PA
I have been searching for a moisturizer for years and this is the best I've used.  I would describe my skin as combination; I'm prone to oiliness on certain areas of my face, while other areas can be dry.  This product is fantastic for those with oily or combination skin.  The gel-based formula feels light on the face and doesn't leave skin feeling slick.  I use it twice every day, once in the morning before I apply my makeup, and before bed at night.  Highly recommend
Keisha B.
Moundsville, WV
Purchased at: Sephora
I have combination skin and usually it leans more towards the dry side but every moisturizers I’ve used has made me oily. Even the first aid beauty ultra repair. So when I heard about this from a YouTuber with my same issue I decided to try it. I got the limited edition 6.7oz and I fell in love. There is no smell which wouldn’t matter to me even if there was. This stuff is like magic. It glides on so smoothly and leaves my skin feeling so hydrated but not oily or sticky at all. It quickly absorbs and leaves my skin feeling so healthy. I haven’t had any oily t zone problems since I put this in my skincare routine. I recommend this to anyone who uses moisturizers that leave you shiny or always just seem to be too heavy for your skin. This product is so good and a very little amount goes a long long looooonnnngggg way.
Angel G.
My best friend recommended this product to me after I was constantly complaining about my makeup looking flaky. She told me that I would love it so much to go ahead and buy the bigger bottle because it last forever. She was definitely right because I am obsessed with it. I use it every morning before my primer and I'll put it on every night after I get out of the shower. I've been using this bottle for about 3 months and I haven't even used 1/4 of it because it only takes a dab. I highly recommend this to anyone that's looking for a good moisturizer.
Gricelda H.
Los Angeles, CA
Does this work great with oily faces?
Gabriela O.
Chandler
Does this work on sensitive skin?
Chantelle S.
I have been searching for a good moisturizer.. my skin is horribly dry in most parts of my face. Is this an intensely moisturizing product??
Katie G.
Spring Valley, NY
I have been looking for a good moisturizers this summer and I heard that this one is very good. I have combination skin and want to know if it's not gonna make my skin look more oily? Please I need your help
Lesley
Is this really moisturizing? What type of skin type is this for?