BY CLINIQUE #17 in Facial Moisturizers

Skin Types: 3, 4

Dermatologist-developed formula combines oil-free hydration with skin-strengthening ingredients. Your daily moisturizer helps skin look younger, longer.

• Does this work great with oily faces?30 Answers
  • I've seen this product in sooooooo many videos and everybody talk...4 Answers
  • Is this good for acne prone skin?3 Answers
Stacey P.
When I used to live in the southeast, with 89 degrees Summers and 100% humidity, this was the perfect moisturizer for my skin. I used it for about 6 years with no problems. It really sinks into the skin leaves a soft soothed texture afterwards, and it was the perfect base for my acne prone skin before makeup. That was when I was in my early twenties. Now that I'm 26, and that I live in LA with dry winds, I feel that my skin has changed. I bought this to see if it was still good but it only works for me in the high and dry summer months. It is a little bit too drying for me after August, so I do switch it out with something a little thicker, with a little more oil. But if you have normal skin or normal to combination I think this is perfect for under makeup or even at night. A tip for me was to use two layers, so apply one layer let it sink in for a minute or two and then apply a second layer and that's perfect for at night too!
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I received this in the even better skin kit that came with the largest size of the moisturizing gel, clarifying lotion and oily face wash along with travel sizes of each for 66 USD at sephora.
Had it not been in that kit idk that I would have spent almost 30 dollars on this. My issue is that I've spent 4 times that or more on similar products and they never seem to work out so I've kind of given up in breaking the bank to save my skin.
But when this came out when I ran out of my normal acne toner from Clearogen I was ready to try something new. I needed a new good face wash too and clinique has been around for a long time and built their name around good quality products for all ages so I felt good about this purchase.
Using the entire system was amazing together but I was most surprised by this moisturizing gel. I am extremely oily. So oily that after I wash my face if I don't use mattifying products I can fill up 3 to 4 big blotting papers every single hour.
So I know what they say about adding moisture to trick your skin into stopping oil production but if that was ever going to work my skin would have stopped itself before it got to that crazy oily point so no, thats never worked. BUT this lotion when I woke up did not make me at all oily. I know that had a lot to do with the face wash yes, but the fact that this didn't make my face oily on it's own is amazing and gives me real hope that this may be the long term set for me.
It's creamy but still has a gel, water based consistency that feels light and sinks in and dries quickly. It has a light and fresh scent that's barely there. A little goes a long way so this bottle will last me a long time.
The pump is very easy to use and the bottle is pretty secure so I'd feel comfortable traveling with it.
It felt refreshing and calmed my skin as well as made it feel moisturized without feeling oily. It just felt healthy and I attribute a lot of that to this gel.
It has an amazing formula and cute packaging. The price isn't bad compared to both drugstore and high end specialty face moisturizers.
I recommend this to anyone. It really can work for all skin types and I truly believe that.
Domenique S.
Dalton, MA
I've been using the Clinique 3 step (cleanser, clarifying lotion, and moisturizer) for the past six months. I started with a sample size of this lotion after being unsatisfied with the dramatically different moisturizer. I ended up buying the larger size of this. It was great for everyday use in the summer and fall, but now that it's winter in the north east it's just not cutting it. I love the constancy of this moisturizer and how it feels when applied. I couldn't stand the oiliness of the other Dramatically Different Moisturizers, so this was a pleasant change.
Brandy S.
Fall Branch, TN
To begin, I'm 36 with extremely oily, acne prone skin that I've had all my life and don't expect it to change anytime soon. Skincare helps control it, but it is what it is. Anyway, this may just be my holy grail moisturizer. It's very light and soaks in quickly, but I can definitely tell it's working. Doesn't seem to clog pores at all. It's a little bit on the more expensive side, not too bad, but since I use about a pea sized amount on my face, it definitely would last long enough to make it a good purchase. This is one I'll be using for a while, I think.
Rainnie H.
Flushing, NY
I have normal/combo skin, my skin is not oily at all and in need of hydrating during the winter. I tried this moisturzier during winter which is a bad idea because it's not moisturizing enough, it also gave me white heads, but it feels so nice on my skin. This is a great moisturizer for people with oily skin. I will try this again during warmer days and see if it's better.
Abbey R.
Honolulu, HI
Review for: 1.7 oz more...
This stuff works great! I had never used a Gel moisturizer, but it is amazing. I have oily skin since moving to Hawaii and I use this in the morning. It keeps my skin hydrated but it isn't really heavy. It sinks in very nicely and dries pretty quickly. You dont need very much for it to go far. It isn't the most hydrating, so if you have super dry skin this might not be the best. I use something heavier and thicker when im in Colorado. But I will continue to use this.
H Y.
I have been using this product for the past year now & so far, this has been my go-to product to use at night if I feel like my skin needs a little boost of hydration & I wake up with an almost youthful-looking glow (although that might just all be in my head). Sometimes, I do use it during the day as well if I feel that my skin still needs extra hydration, just don’t forget to add SPF afterwards! The product goes on smoothly & absorbs quickly. While it’s not greasy nor heavy, it does leave a slight sticky feel on the skin. The scent is very subtle.
Kristina F.
Review for: 6.7 oz pump more...
So the 3 step is my favorite line that I have found for me. I have combo oily skin that is prone to breakouts during that time of the month. I have used the lotion and the gel, the lotion is good for dryer skin types or areas of your skin where you have a dry patch. So with my skin being combo oily I use the gel daily. The formula is lightweight and since it's gel I feel like I get better usage from it. I usually buy the largest sizes around the holidays so I can stock up.
Marisa B.
This is a great moisturizer. It is gentle on your face. I do love all of Clinique products. I also love that the purchase of this qualifies you for a free gift when they have promotions going on haha. I just would have to say that this is not my favorite moisturizer at this time. However, I do feel that it could be due to the fact that my skin is changing as I get older. Overall this is a great every day moisturizer and gets the job done!
Sarah S.
Denver, CO
This really is a gel formula, which I find a bit weird as it seems to always sit on top of my skin rather than actually sinking in to moisturize. I have VERY dry skin naturally so if I use this gel for more than a day or two my skin actually flakes off horribly, especially around my mouth. For oily or acne prone skin it's probably a much better match, but I will stick with other Clinique products like the Moisture Surge lotion.
Gricelda H.
Los Angeles, CA
Does this work great with oily faces?
Gabriela O.
Chandler
Does this work on sensitive skin?
Chantelle S.
I have been searching for a good moisturizer.. my skin is horribly dry in most parts of my face. Is this an intensely moisturizing product??
Katie G.
Spring Valley, NY
I have been looking for a good moisturizers this summer and I heard that this one is very good. I have combination skin and want to know if it's not gonna make my skin look more oily? Please I need your help
Lesley
Is this really moisturizing? What type of skin type is this for?