Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+™Influenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY CLINIQUE #19 in Facial Moisturizers

Dermatologist-developed formula combines all-day hydration with skin-strengthening ingredients to help skin look younger, longer. Helps strengthen skin's own moisture barrier by 54%, so more moisture stays in.

• How good does this work? And is it good to use on sensitive skin?34 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this?? How did you like it?? I have always loved...1 Answers
  • Is this worth paying full price for? I have oily skin, does it wo...4 Answers
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
I have always liked this lotion. Expecially when you have the 3 step system (Cleanser, Toner, Lotion) by Clinique. I have combination skin, and have always had trouble with blackheads on my cheekbones. I have struggled with this issue almost my whole life. With that being said, NOTHING ever gets rid of my blackheads, not even this lotion. I do like to use this lotion after i wash my face, but i wake up every morning with oily skin from using this. I'm 26, and have tried thousands of products for my face to keep the blackheads away, nothing works. This is the only lotion that halfway smooths over the blackheads, and shrinks them so their not as noticeable. If you have the 3 step system including this lotion, it will work wonders. Using this lotion alone does smooth my blackheads, but i still break out. I would give this lotion 5 stars, but the fact i wake up with dewy, oily skin after using this, and the fact my blackheads still remain, i just cant give this lotion 5 stars.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
I love Clinique, and all their products. I really am a true fan. I love their makeup, skin care, 3 step system, ect. This lotion is part of the 3 step system. First you wash with the mild Clinique soap, Secondly, you use Clinique's Toner, Then thirdly, you apply this lotion, which is the last step. I have acne prone/oily skin, and this system was the only system that has ever helped my acne. Over the years my comedonal acne has gotten worse, and my blackheads never go away. I tried using this system again as a 26 year old woman, and this lotion breaks my skin out bad now. I really dont even like applying this lotion anymore. It leaves an oily film, and makes every imperfection i have stand out. A new pimple will pop up on my chin. Its just not good for oily/acne prone skin at all. My skin used to not be so oily. Maybe thats why it worked when i was younger, but not now at all.
Crystal R.
I think I've found my holy grail. if you have very dry to dry combination skin, you just have to try Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing lotion +. This is the 3rd step in Clinique's 3-step skin care system, so it obviously works best with their other products. but even on it's own, you'll love it! It's fast-absorbing and lightweight. The scent is just okay, mildly bland. A little goes a long way - just a dime size should be enough for your face and neck. I don't mind that this product doesn't contain an SPF since I use it at night, but if you plan on using it in the morning, be sure to an an SPF product to your regimen.
All in all, my face looks and feels great thanks to this product. I feel more confident if I do go sans makeup, but I always feel like my makeup sits better when I do wear it.
Try it! you won't regret it!
Brittnee W.
Amarillo, TX
I really really like Clinique! The price point is amazing and the products usually never disappoint. I have so much Skincare I could probably open my own store with amount I have. Now this moisturizer is amazing. I little goes a long way. Melts into the skin like butter and wears wonderfully under makeup. The only thing I wish, is that it would be hydrating enough to where after I apply at night before bed, I don't wake up flaky. And after a long day of work, you can usually start to see some dry patches on my face but probably not noticeable to anyone but myself because I'm just like that. Overall, a great product for someone looking with a fantastic price! Will continue to use!
Katie B.
Charleston, SC
I had heard so many good things about this moisturizer and I was very excited to try it. I have extremely dry skin but it isn't sensitive at all. I rarely get breakouts and since I don't change my skin care routine often I know when something is off. After a day of using this my skin was so red and irritated. I've never had that problem before. I kept using it because I just figured it was something my skin would get used to and it would work itself out. After 3 more days I had to stop. My skin has never looked so bad. This was the only thing that changed. It was sad because I have heard so many good things and this was a very big disappointment.
Mariah H.
Boscawen, NH
I absolutely love this moisturizer. I use it on my face because I have pretty dry skin and this works great. I put it on right after I get out of the shower and have just washed my face. It keeps my face moisturized and soft which is just what I am looking for. The smell is so light or nonexistent that it's not a problem for me. It is a little more expensive because it is a higher end cosmetic brand, but because it works so well it's okay with me. Also Clinique often sells holiday or value packs and this is usually in the package.
Definitely look into this product if you are looking for a moisturizer and have dry to very dry skin.
Maxileide S.
Tulsa, OK
It is part of a kit of 3 steps of the brand, available in versions for oily, dry and combination skin. This moisturizer is step 3, which according to the brand is specific for dry and combination skin. If you have oily skin, step 3 of the most appropriate brand for you is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. For those who do not know the line, step 1 is a cleansing lotion and step 2 is an exfoliant. Both can be used in any type of skin what changes is the Moisturizing (step 3). The skin of my face is mixed, especially in the T zone and so I decided to test this moisturizer to try to balance the oiliness there.
Diana A.
cordova, TN
This is my holy grail face lotion. I have been using the gel for the longest and one day I ran out of the gel and used the little lotion one I got in gift. Omg, it moisturizes your skin so well and is literally the perfect primer before makeup. It is a little bit sticky which is perfect for makeup to stick to. Even when I am not wearing makeup, I enjoy the hydration it gives me and leaves my skin super dewy which I love. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to breaking out. This does not irritate my skin or cause any acne. I use it day and night. Cannot live without this product!
Prin T.
W Lafayette, IN
I actually bought this as a gift for my relatives but I was left with an extra one so I decided to try it out for myself. Although I have normal skin, I enjoyed using this moisturizer. It's lightweight and absorbs very quickly. It spreads very easily. I only need to use a pump or so to cover my whole face.
Pros:
- Absorbs quickly.
- Lightweight.
- Spreads very easily.
- Hygienic (pump bottle).
Cons:
- I found it not hydrating enough for cold winter days. However, I can't really complain about this as this moisturizer is developed for combination to oily skin, not normal skin.
Alyssa D.
Waipahu , HI
Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizer is one of there best selling productsnot only because it's hypoallergenic this soft creamy moisturizer is always displayed out in the open and gets a lot of advertisement so I decided to try it out myself and I have to say my dry skin loved it within 2weeks all of my friends and coworkers we asking what new product have I been using because my skin looked great I told them it's a very soft yet creamy texture and it just sinks in to your skin I also got the gel version for a friend because she has oily skin and loves it
Chelsi D.
Is better for oily or dry skin? Or does it even matter?
Alessandra R.
Fort Worth, TX
How long does the large bottle last?
jordan m.
St.Louis,Mo
Does it help with dry skin
ann M.
Lake Wales, FL
How good does this work? And is it good to use on sensitive skin?
Samantha N.
Brookeville, MD
Where is the best place to buy this product