BY CLINIQUE #10 in Toners & Astringents

Skin Types: 3

Dermatologist-developed formula sweeps away dulling flakes and excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Preps skin to be more receptive to hydration.

Leaves skin looking cleaner, more refined.

• What's the difference between 1,2,3.?!?! 3 Answers
  • I have oily to combo skin, oily only on my T zone and I'm...2 Answers
  • I just bought the 3 step for Combination skin last Friday...2 Answers
Asha K.
Richland, WA
This is my go to! The holy grail in my skin care routine. It works fantastic. I have combination oily skin. And it’s the worst in my t zone. I will get redness and flakey skin it’s terrible. I was looking for a better skin care routine and asked a rep at Ulta and she recommended Clinique. She said she used it and I couldn’t believe how great her skin looked. Now clear and radiant it was. Normally I go for cheaper brands at Walmart and could never find anything I was just crazy about. So I said I’ll pay the extra money and try it. It’s worth a shot. And since I’m getting older I need to start really keeping up on how I treat my skin. So I got a starter pack that had this in it. The only complaint is the smell it doesn’t smell the greatest but I looove it! In a few days I noticed a huge huge HUGE difference with my skin. In a week it was unrecognizable. My skin is clear. It isn’t even half as oily as it was before and it never gets beyond dried out or flakes. Any red spots or acne scaring I had have completely diminished. I am so thankful I decided to give this stuff a try. I have even noticed my makeup goes on so much better now. These are obviously just my results and everyone’s skin is different. But if you have trouble it’s your skin and it acts how mine did I would say give it a shot. It’s worth it. These guys know their skin care products!
Geraldine M.
San Diego
The bottle doesn't say that it's a toner but it is- let's not kid ourselves! Like many beauty mavens, I had steered clear of toners as long as I could, as I've never had any luck with them. I love to have my face feel squeaky clean but when the sales girl convinced me to pair this with the Dramatically Different Gel, I was skeptical.

The product doesn't have a magnificent scent but I found it to be extremely gentle on my skin. When I applied the gel afterwards, I loved how you could feel it sink much better into the skin. Better yet, my skin didn't tighten up! I'm confident the lotion would work well with your favorite moisturizer.

The 6.7 oz bottle lasted me almost a whole year and cost me less than $15.00 USD, so if it doesn't work out, you won't cry too hard about it!
Hannah L.
Lone Tree, CO
Use this every time after I wash my face and I have used it for several years too. It does an amazing job of removing any excess oil or dirt on my face that I may have missed after I washed it and you can really see the residue it removes from your face on the cotton ball as well. The only thing to be careful of with this is if you have dry skin because since it has alcohol in it, it can easily dry out your skin if you don’t put on lotion after but as long as you do that you should be fine! Overall I love this astringent. It gets the job done and is a very essential step in my skin care routine!
Grace V.
For oily skin this worked great at first! After about a year of using the Clinique 3-Step Introduction Kit Skin Type 3 in the full version, I noticed my skin was breaking out horribly! I had not used anything new! This stuff eventually started to burn when I put it on. WARNING, it does have alcohol in it so it sorta is drying!! As I said before, worked great in the year I used it, but after that it broke me out!! Hope this helps!!
Julia M.
Pullman
I really like my Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3. It was my first time using it, and i’ve had the same big bottle for over a year! Some pros about this product is it makes my skin feel very clean, and you get lots of product for your money. A con is that personally, it sometimes irritates my skin, especially when my skin is dry or normal. But overall i’d recommend!
Mirvelyn Santos C.
Everett, WA
Overall I'm super pleased with this product. The oil isn't greasy whatsoever. It says 2-3 drops will do the job, but I use way more (maybe 10?). Even though I've used quite a bit in just 6 days the bottle looks nearly untouched. It leaves a yellow/orange look to your face, so I usually put it on before bed. A little bit to dry spots during the daytime isn't too obvious, but that'll probably depend on your skin tone. Every morning I wake up and my skin feels INCREDIBLY soft and smoothed. I've struggled with intense acne for a good year or so now. I've easily invested a good couple hundred of dollars from high end to questionable companies. I love love love that this is animal friendly and so natural. I highly recommend this product and will continue to explore/ test this company's line of cosmetics. The one thing that aggravated me a bit was the fact I payed for one day shipping but it came in two days. Otherwise if you're questioning on wether or not to invest in this don't think about it too much. It's quality for it's price? AMAZING
Martha M.
I like this toner So much, everyday the 3 basic steps:
Wash my face with the soap, then grab a cotton and clean it with this clarifying toner it also exfoliantes the skin it makesnit even more great, and i do feel a clean consistent leaving in my skin , after using this toner i dont need to wash again my face, i use it as it says in the label or in bottle twice a day, morning and night,and my porés i have a seen a very good refreshing tone.
Angela T.
I have used this toner for quite some time. After using it on a daily basis though it seems to dry my skin out. Sometimes my skin would start to peel or flake off. I noticed that one of the first ingredients in this product is alcohol which I was very surprised by. It is nice to use every now and again a special to get any excess dirt or makeup off. However I don't find it necessary to have alcohol in my skin care
Sherrill S.
Saint Paul
I've been using this product since I started working for Clinique 10 years ago.  I only worked there 2 years but I still use most of their products.  I love their Clarifying Lotion 3 - it really makes a difference as far as exfoliating the dead skin cells off your face.  It's great for oilier skin, especially in the summer.  In the winter, I tend to use the 2 because my face is dryer.

But, I recently stopped using all Clinique products because they now test on animals and I only use Cruelty-Free products.
Morgan S.
New Waterford
This toner is one of the steps to my clinique program. I use it on a cotton pad and rub it into skin. It pulls out unwanted dirt and oil i thought i had already gotten rid of by washing my face. I buy this all the time, so i never run out. It gets the job done!
destinee b.
What is this even used for
Annery G.
Después de cuanto tiempo de empezar a usarlo se pueden notar los cambios? Seria de mucha ayuda Gracias y besos.
Emi M.
How long is this good for? I've had mine for about 8 years.. It's weird I know. It's only 25% used. It still looks and smells normal.
Ash L.
I have been eyeing these clinique products for a while now but i have been hesitant to buy them because i dont know how they will work with my skin. I have sensitive skin and i am worried i may break out. I was wondering how well this works to clarify? I have some small skin blemishes and dry patches also small black heads. I have used facial scrubs and exfoliating masks and they dont seem to be working. I have a friend that works to sell Clinique but im still a little weary since i have already spent so much on other products that did not meet my expectations.
Ashton N.
Hi I currently have Clinique's gel moisturizer, the surg moisturizer and the acne solutions clearing gel. Is this as good product as good as my others? Would it be helpful to add this to my routine??