BY CLINIQUE #15 in Toners & Astringents

Skin Types: 3

Dermatologist-developed formula sweeps away dulling flakes and excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Preps skin to be more receptive to hydration.

Leaves skin looking cleaner, more refined.

• What's the difference between 1,2,3.?!?! 3 Answers
  • I have oily to combo skin, oily only on my T zone and I'm...2 Answers
  • I just bought the 3 step for Combination skin last Friday...2 Answers
Geraldine M.
San Diego
The bottle doesn't say that it's a toner but it is- let's not kid ourselves! Like many beauty mavens, I had steered clear of toners as long as I could, as I've never had any luck with them. I love to have my face feel squeaky clean but when the sales girl convinced me to pair this with the Dramatically Different Gel, I was skeptical.

The product doesn't have a magnificent scent but I found it to be extremely gentle on my skin. When I applied the gel afterwards, I loved how you could feel it sink much better into the skin. Better yet, my skin didn't tighten up! I'm confident the lotion would work well with your favorite moisturizer.

The 6.7 oz bottle lasted me almost a whole year and cost me less than $15.00 USD, so if it doesn't work out, you won't cry too hard about it!
Hannah L.
Lone Tree, CO
Use this every time after I wash my face and I have used it for several years too. It does an amazing job of removing any excess oil or dirt on my face that I may have missed after I washed it and you can really see the residue it removes from your face on the cotton ball as well. The only thing to be careful of with this is if you have dry skin because since it has alcohol in it, it can easily dry out your skin if you don’t put on lotion after but as long as you do that you should be fine! Overall I love this astringent. It gets the job done and is a very essential step in my skin care routine!
Sherrill S.
Saint Paul
I've been using this product since I started working for Clinique 10 years ago.  I only worked there 2 years but I still use most of their products.  I love their Clarifying Lotion 3 - it really makes a difference as far as exfoliating the dead skin cells off your face.  It's great for oilier skin, especially in the summer.  In the winter, I tend to use the 2 because my face is dryer.

But, I recently stopped using all Clinique products because they now test on animals and I only use Cruelty-Free products.
Mirvelyn Santos C.
Everett, WA
Overall I'm super pleased with this product. The oil isn't greasy whatsoever. It says 2-3 drops will do the job, but I use way more (maybe 10?). Even though I've used quite a bit in just 6 days the bottle looks nearly untouched. It leaves a yellow/orange look to your face, so I usually put it on before bed. A little bit to dry spots during the daytime isn't too obvious, but that'll probably depend on your skin tone. Every morning I wake up and my skin feels INCREDIBLY soft and smoothed. I've struggled with intense acne for a good year or so now. I've easily invested a good couple hundred of dollars from high end to questionable companies. I love love love that this is animal friendly and so natural. I highly recommend this product and will continue to explore/ test this company's line of cosmetics. The one thing that aggravated me a bit was the fact I payed for one day shipping but it came in two days. Otherwise if you're questioning on wether or not to invest in this don't think about it too much. It's quality for it's price? AMAZING
Angela T.
I have used this toner for quite some time. After using it on a daily basis though it seems to dry my skin out. Sometimes my skin would start to peel or flake off. I noticed that one of the first ingredients in this product is alcohol which I was very surprised by. It is nice to use every now and again a special to get any excess dirt or makeup off. However I don't find it necessary to have alcohol in my skin care
Belle G.
Nibley
I have lived all of Cliniques facial care products but this one has never failed me. When I use it every night after washing my face my skin would clear almost completely (I had either really small or non existent bumps or a bit of redness here and there which I've always struggled with) to the point where I wouldn't even need concealer, just a bit of primer and foundation. That's how much my skinny changed.
Tray ✨.
This product is seriously life changing. It’s the most important product in my routine. It gets rid of all the dead skin on your face which allows for a clearer complexion, but it also allows for any product you put on your skin after this one to sink in better and work better. It’s helped keep my hormonal acne under control and makes my skin feel so fresh. And it’s only $24.50!
Allie S.
Roanoke, VA
I LOVE this toner. The redness in my skin has evened out BEAUTIFULLY since using this. I’m about halfway through my current bottle and have already repurchased so I never run out. I have very sensitive skin and this product does burn ever so slightly if you have any sort of open area or if used shortly after exfoliating - but never irritates the skin just stings for a moment.
Mariam K.
Seattle, WA
The only reason I gave it a 4 is because I have noticed being a little excessive in terms of how I sweep it across my face (longer than 15 seconds, put too much on a cotton pad) can irritate my skin. Other than that, I have definitely noticed an improvement in my oily skin, the oil production has reduced 85-90%. I no longer feel a heavy layer of oil on my t-zone.
Marie N.
Newport, RI
This worked pretty well! It smells very strong of rubbing alcohol so you have to be careful it doesn’t eat through things. It can also be fairly drying on your skin, so you have to be careful about that, and make sure that you have a good moisturizer to use with it. This is a pretty good deal if you buy it in one of their kits, but I do think that it’s the same as most other toners.
Makayla T.
Ann Arbor, MI
If I have acne prone skin will this irritate me?
Britney T.
Hendersonvlle, TN
Has anyone noticed if this really removes dead skin?
Wanda T.
How often should you use this?
Esmeralda v.
San Jose , CA
Is this too drying? I have combo to dry skin and don't want to get flaky.
Alexandra S.
Temple Terrace, FL
is this over drying ? i like moisturizers to be light wear not thick