BY CLINIQUE #7 in Toners & Astringents

Skin Types: Combination Oily
Dermatologist-developed formula sweeps away dulling flakes and excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Preps skin to be more receptive to hydration.

Leaves skin looking cleaner, more refined

• What's the difference between 1,2,3.?!?! 2 Answers
  • I have oily to combo skin, oily only on my T zone and I'm looking f...2 Answers
  • I just bought the 3 step for Combination skin last Friday and have ...2 Answers
Lisa L.
Lisa L.
Brooklyn, NY
I am in love love love with this clarifying lotion. I use 2 and 3, but 3 is stronger and I need that. I have been using this for years, ever since my older sisters started using it. I don't have all the steps/products, I just mostly use the clarifying lotion #3, but it is GREAT with removing make up and especially great for just an every day face cleaner. I can see all the dirt that was on my face that has transferred onto my cotton pad. I love that feeling. Sometimes if my face wash didn't do it's just in the shower, I would use this afterwards too. This might be kinda pricey, but it is so so so worth it. I buy the largest size with the pump! I love how it doesn't have even a SLIGHT greasy or oily feel that other make up removers might have. Sometimes I even use this after using a make up remover! It leaves my face so fresh and clean. If I use this daily or twice every day, I notice a decrease in acne as well, but sometimes I get lazy. But all in all, as you can tell, I swear by this.
Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.
Defintiely a must in my skin care regiment 👍. This is essentially a toner and the purpose of a toner is really to restore your skins natural PH levels because using a cleanser, soap, exfoliant, etc. will throw off the balance. This one specifically, is made for combo- oily skin, so if you're more on the dry side, it wouldn't be a good idea to buy it. Also, if you look on the ingredients on a toner and the 1st or 2nd thing listed is alcohol, you can pretty much guess that dry skin people need to stay away. (Apple cider vinegar is a less abrasive and more natural alternative btw) I actually like how harsh this is because oil builds up on my face like crazy, which causes me to break out and this product does a great job at sucking out the oil and leaving my skin refreshed; plus I use a moisturizer or serum after I tone which is am essential step no matter your skin type.
Andrea G.
Andrea G.
Wyandotte, MI
This product is hard to review for me because for many years I was a Clinique lover! I still have several of their products. This did work well in helping to remove make up and oils left after cleansing my face. It does give you that squeaky Clean glowing face. But it did not help me get rid of all my clogged pores from Adult acne. I used the 3 step skin care and the Lotion is one of my favorites. But this year I decided to go as close to chemical free as I can. Sadly My love of Clinique can't change the fact that they use several man created chemicals which truly are bad for our bodies. If you don't mind that then this is a wonderful product if you follow up with Dramaticly different (yellow) lotion and a night time serum.
Kelly J.
Kelly J.
Columbia, MD
This product has way too much alcohol and witch hazel, both harmful irritants. I have oily combination skin and was using the product to keep my pores clear. I so no noticeable improvement and actually feel that my skin started to look dull after using it in conjunction with the other parts of Clinique's three step skin care system. After doing some research, I found that irritants interrupt the skin's cell regenerating process, which explains the dull appearance. I switched to a gentler line without these irritants and my skin looks more glowy and radiant now. If you like Clinique and want to stick with the brand, their Even Better Essence lotion has a much more beneficial formulation, though it costs more.
Lauren Y.
Lauren Y.
San Francisco, CA
Disclaimer: I am probably not the best person to be writing a review on this product, as I typically do not use toner nor really understand why it is used. I have it only because it was passed off to me by someone else who didn't want it. I use it every now and then as directed; that is, after I wash my face but before I apply moisturizer. I'm not sure that I notice much of a difference compared to when I don't use it. I also have used it not as intended on days when I don't have time to wash my face and just want to neutralize the oil or to clean off foundation in a pinch. It's alcohol based so it's pungent and stings if you have any cuts, so don't mess with any blemishes prior to application.
Alondra B.
Alondra B.
Sylmar, CA

I love this product! I used a Clean & Clear toner, and I tried this lotion for a month and I LOVE IT. I ended up, buying my own.
Which I love the most about this product is that even I have washed my face, when you apply it (I use a cotton pad) you can still see some dirt in it, so you can tell it is doing it's job.
At first it break me out, but I read some reviews that said it was normal to happened, so it didn't bother me at all.

Now my face is clean, and I really enjoy using this product. I doesn't irritated my skin, for me it controls oil and the bottle is really big, and you don't have to spend a lot of the product on your face, so the price is very reasonable. I bet it would last.
Kayla W.
Kayla W.
Recently I have been having more problems with acne so I visited the Clinique counter in my local Belk. They suggested starting out with trying their three-step system and this is part of that system. My favorite part of the system in fact! This clarifying lotion has really helped with my oily t-zone and it makes my skin feel cleaner than ever. I haven't noticed a difference with my acne yet but I just started using it about couple weeks ago and it isn't specifically targeted to acne. If you have sensitive skin this may be a little strong or stripping for you so be aware of those issues. Otherwise if you want to boost your skincare routine try this out!
Nancy D.
Nancy D.
Castro valley, Ca
I LOVE the fact that Clinique finally brought back the Exfolation ingredient " Salicylic Acid" in the #2. Clairfying - Taking the product back to what it is meant to do "Exfolation" - So many people forget or don't use the Clairfying thinking it is just a Toner - Get Ready to Turn Back the Clock - After I use the soap - then the Clairfying #2, follow with the Dramatically Different lotion - AM & PM & (2x a week the regular scrub) My skin is translucent as it just was given a drink of water - Everyday People always ask "what I use" I say "Clinique of course" Stay Young - Laugh a lot & you too will Always use Clinque - It Works!!!
Karie W.
Karie W.
Parma, OH
I purchased the Clinique three step skin care set for combination to oily skin from Nordstrom's during a free gift with purchase promotion. Previously, I was using Cetaphil to wash my face at night. Since using the Clinique products, I've noticed a marked improvement in my skin. It feels and looks softer with the added benefit of smaller looking pores. I love the Clarifying lotion! After cleansing my face, I squirt a couple of pumps of the toner on a cotton pad and wipe my face. It feels refreshing, clean, and helps keep my skin from getting so oily during the day. I recommend this toner.
Tiffany O.
Tiffany O.
I never understood what a toner was for until I had a clinique rep show me the difference between cleansed skin and clean skin. My biggest issue is I break out and I am left with dry patches, but my skin can be pretty oily. This really helps to help keep the oil at bay and just get rid of the junk on your skin, I hate when I forget to take it with me to the gym or overnight trips because it's the true what they say you have to have a good canvas if you want good makeup. It makes all the difference. Just go get a sample of the 3 step skincare you really don't have anything to lose.
Makayla T.
Makayla T.
Ann Arbor, MI
If I have acne prone skin will this irritate me?
Britney T.
Britney T.
Hendersonvlle, TN
Has anyone noticed if this really removes dead skin?
Wanda T.
Wanda T.
How often should you use this?
Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.
Plant City, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
is this over drying ? i like moisturizers to be light wear not thick
Yaya T.
Yaya T.
Conyers, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product really help in clearing out the skin? I have texture and small bumps I'm trying to get rid of!