BY CLINIQUE #8 in Toners & Astringents

Skin Types: 3

Dermatologist-developed formula sweeps away dulling flakes and excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Preps skin to be more receptive to hydration.

Leaves skin looking cleaner, more refined.

• What's the difference between 1,2,3.?!?! 3 Answers
  • I have oily to combo skin, oily only on my T zone and I'm...2 Answers
  • I just bought the 3 step for Combination skin last Friday...2 Answers
Hannah L.
Lone Tree, CO
Use this every time after I wash my face and I have used it for several years too. It does an amazing job of removing any excess oil or dirt on my face that I may have missed after I washed it and you can really see the residue it removes from your face on the cotton ball as well. The only thing to be careful of with this is if you have dry skin because since it has alcohol in it, it can easily dry out your skin if you don’t put on lotion after but as long as you do that you should be fine! Overall I love this astringent. It gets the job done and is a very essential step in my skin care routine!
Sherrill S.
Saint Paul
I've been using this product since I started working for Clinique 10 years ago.  I only worked there 2 years but I still use most of their products.  I love their Clarifying Lotion 3 - it really makes a difference as far as exfoliating the dead skin cells off your face.  It's great for oilier skin, especially in the summer.  In the winter, I tend to use the 2 because my face is dryer.

But, I recently stopped using all Clinique products because they now test on animals and I only use Cruelty-Free products.
Mirvelyn Santos C.
Everett, WA
Overall I'm super pleased with this product. The oil isn't greasy whatsoever. It says 2-3 drops will do the job, but I use way more (maybe 10?). Even though I've used quite a bit in just 6 days the bottle looks nearly untouched. It leaves a yellow/orange look to your face, so I usually put it on before bed. A little bit to dry spots during the daytime isn't too obvious, but that'll probably depend on your skin tone. Every morning I wake up and my skin feels INCREDIBLY soft and smoothed. I've struggled with intense acne for a good year or so now. I've easily invested a good couple hundred of dollars from high end to questionable companies. I love love love that this is animal friendly and so natural. I highly recommend this product and will continue to explore/ test this company's line of cosmetics. The one thing that aggravated me a bit was the fact I payed for one day shipping but it came in two days. Otherwise if you're questioning on wether or not to invest in this don't think about it too much. It's quality for it's price? AMAZING
Jordan C.
Greenville, NC
Yes yes yes. Completely in love with this toner I purchased online from nordstrom. A little pricey but has cleared my skin up so much. It has a strong witch hazel scent but I like it because I know it’s truly cleaning my skin. Everyone needs this after they cleanse their face because you will see how much dirt it removes even after your cleanser! The pump makes it so easy to quickly transfer the product from bottle to cotton ball/pad.
Beatriz G.
Chicago Ridge, IL
I am currently using this as my daily toner. I purchased the entire 3-step kit for oily/combination skin! I feel like this really helps get rid of any extra dirt on my face after I’ve already cleansed. I noticed that depending on the weather, this formula could be too drying for my skin. I do really love this toner nonetheless and will continue to use it daily!
Veronica T.
Saugus, MA
I’ve used this toner plenty of times throughout the years but once I really started to think about the ingredients in my skincare, I noticed the high amount of alcohol that is in this toner. The toner itself actually smells like straight up alcohol.. sometimes it smells like liquor to me, lol. And that makes me uneasy. I loved how it made my skin so clean feeling but I did stop using it due to the high alcohol content.
Belle G.
Nibley
I have lived all of Cliniques facial care products but this one has never failed me. When I use it every night after washing my face my skin would clear almost completely (I had either really small or non existent bumps or a bit of redness here and there which I've always struggled with) to the point where I wouldn't even need concealer, just a bit of primer and foundation. That's how much my skinny changed.
Sneha C.
Sacramento, CA
After I added this toner to my skincare routine, I noticed my skintone looked more even. I usually use it in the morning after showering, and in the evening after washing my face. It seems to get rid of dead skin cells on the top layer of my skin, as there is a skin-colored residue on my cotton ball after I sweep it over my face. Beware, it does smell like alcohol and dries out the skin, so make sure to follow up with serum/moisturizer! Will keep it in my skincare routine!
Tray ✨.
This product is seriously life changing. It’s the most important product in my routine. It gets rid of all the dead skin on your face which allows for a clearer complexion, but it also allows for any product you put on your skin after this one to sink in better and work better. It’s helped keep my hormonal acne under control and makes my skin feel so fresh. And it’s only $24.50!
Allie S.
Roanoke, VA
I LOVE this toner. The redness in my skin has evened out BEAUTIFULLY since using this. I’m about halfway through my current bottle and have already repurchased so I never run out. I have very sensitive skin and this product does burn ever so slightly if you have any sort of open area or if used shortly after exfoliating - but never irritates the skin just stings for a moment.
Makayla T.
Ann Arbor, MI
If I have acne prone skin will this irritate me?
Britney T.
Hendersonvlle, TN
Has anyone noticed if this really removes dead skin?
Wanda T.
How often should you use this?
Esmeralda v.
San Jose, CA
Is this too drying? I have combo to dry skin and don't want to get flaky.
Alexandra S.
Plant City, FL
is this over drying ? i like moisturizers to be light wear not thick